Chapter 2 'Under the ocean'

Think I Fell In Love

They woke up early in the morning with luggage bags fully prepared just beside their front door while Vernon waited outside for a van to pick them up. He wore a buttoned up white shirt with patterns of black seagulls all over matching it with pastel light red shorts. Vernon looked up at the sun that was giving him body heat moments ago wearing his black sunglasses with dark lenses to protect his eyes from the sunlight. He looked back when he heard his sister talk on the phone about the venue as she walk side by side inside their house, wearing a loose maroon shirt with short shorts and a pair of flat sandals for her feet while the staffs carry their bags at the awaiting van that had arrived just now. 

When Sofia put her phone back to her pocket, she walked towards her brother to stand next to him while they look at their bags being fixed properly inside the black van. "How is it?" Vernon asked still positioned his eyes infront of his view. "It's all ready.. We are also heading to Busan" She replied, crossing her arms and looked up at Vernon then shrugged when she got a disbelief expression. Before Vernon could say anything another vehicle arrived just infront of them. "Seungkwan oppa" Sofia murmured and walked down at the stone staircase to greet him when he went out the car, clothed in striped blue and white shirt with a pair of long fitted white pants.

Vernon looked from afar while they hug each other with smiles on their faces. When they were now casually talking with each other, the driver disturbed them that it is time to leave. He then remembered Joshua that he isn't here yet. Vernon took his phone and dialed Joshua's number. Surprisingly, he answered it immediately "Joshua, where are you?" Vernon asked, hearing another voice on the line. "Oh.. Jeonghan suddenly scheduled something for us today" Joshua said sincerely, saying a few more excuses. Vernon sighed that he'll be sticking with Sofia and Seungkwan for the whole day. "Sure.. No problem" He said dreadfully and hung up.

"Why did you just tell me this now, Jeonghan?" Joshua asked him while he pack a few clothes in his luggage. "I was already going with Vernon and the others" He added. Jeonghan sighed and dropped his shoulders at the sentence "But I want us to have a vacation alone and anyways our anniversary is going to be next week. You can't just leave me" Jeonghan complained with his hands on his waist. Joshua then stood up and held Jeonghan's face with both of his hands "Okay, I'm sorry" Joshua said as he smiled faintly and placed a soft kiss on Jeonghan's nose. "I could just get back at them" Joshua murmured when he was back to close his bag. "What? Joshua, can't you just give them their alone time and anyways they need to get close, their married for god's sake" Jeonghan yelled and crossed his arms at how Joshua's mind is running. "Wait, what? You know he's married?" Joshua said as he look at Jeonghan suspiciously. Making Jeonghan wide his eyes as he breathed in deeply "We're leaving" Jeonghan announced, not wanting to stay longer in those kinds of conversation. He turned around and walked hurriedly out the room. "Am I the only one that doesn't even know anything about my bestfriend lately?" Joshua said, sadly at how he's the last one to hear such an important thing in Vernon's life then he frowned at the thought. 

Vernon walked down the stairs and stood still, staring at Seungkwan with a bit of confusion on why he was staring at the first place. He then got surprised in the inside when Seungkwan look back at him and wave his hand slightly with a shy smile. Vernon widen his eyes anxiously when he got caught looking that might make Seungkwan think he's being creepy so he immediately look back at Sofia "Aren't we leaving?" He complained and Sofia nods as she grab Seungkwan's wrist "Seungkwan oppa, join us" She said, making Seungkwan agree because he can't take Sofia's offer back even though it makes him be with Vernon for two hours after their awkward situation last time.

Seungkwan doesn't know why but he thinks that him and Vernon just can't be paired up. They were always in unbearable situations but Seungkwan knew better that he really needs Vernon in his life because for his own good.  He just needs to do a little more effort to make Vernon open up to him. 

They entered the van with Vernon and Seungkwan sitting at the backseat while Sofia is busy arguing at the owner on the phone about their venue at Busan. Vernon covered his face with his hand in embarrassment as he lean on the window beside him, hearing Sofia's yells aloud that roams around the van while Seungkwan just sit still, uncomfortably . He then heard Vernon sigh, placing his head back on the seat, Seungkwan looked back at him saying "Are you alright?" He said softly. Vernon gaze up at him then smirked as he look out the window beside him. Without a reply, "I'm sorry about yesterday" Seungkwan said, trying to get his attention. 

It took him some time to think "Don't mention it" Vernon said, making Seungkwan smile that he was answering him. "You know.. this is my first time going scuba diving" Seungkwan said, looking down on his hands that fiddles the hem of his shirt. Vernon sat up, looking at Seungkwan with an amused expression "Oh really?" He then teased the other out of the blue, forming a smile on Seungkwan's face. 

When Sofia ended her call, she was also listening to their conversation at the time. "Vernon oppa can help you" Sofia said with a cheeky smile. Vernon didn't take off the smile on his face as he admired Seungkwan being flustered all of the sudden "Of course" He simply said, letting out a small laugh. Then he thought that this trip today won't be that bad at all as he sees a different side of Seungkwan.

Once they arrive at Busan that made them fall asleep at the road for two unbearable hours. Sofia woke up at the call from their driver. She looked around the car and saw the two at the back, making her pull out her phone and take the memorable moment with Seungkwan placing his head on top of Vernon's shoulder while her brother places his head on Seungkwan's. 

She giggled at the stolen picture at her phone then cheered "We're here!!" She screamed and jumped out the van, raising her arms up to stretch her body. 

The two inside woke up, startled at the sudden call. They then notice each other, widening their eyes. While Seungkwan mouthed an 'Oh my gawd' and quickly got out the van. Vernon looked blank as he stare at his surroundings, tilting his head in confusion "Okay.." He murmured then walk out the van. 

"I'm starving!" Sofia said, walking towards an open restaurant just beside the ocean. Seungkwan stared at Vernon as he gulp, making him look back at Seungkwan. He saw Seungkwan anxiously fix his clothes then follow Sofia from behind. He rub the back of his neck at the time questioning himself that seems that something is bothering Seungkwan. He said to himself that he didn't mind at all but he felt a side of him that he wanted Seungkwan to be comfortable. He sighed, putting his hands in the pockets of his shorts as he walk straight to the restaurant.

Vernon saw Seungkwan look out the ocean waves while looking at the sparkles of the water with the sunlight. He sat across the table to get his attention and he did, Seungkwan looking at him much more relaxed than earlier.

Vernon has a thought in his mind that's been wanting to know Seungkwan's side at the ocean and how he hasn't been trying anything exciting around the world. "Seungkwan" He said but didn't exactly finish his sentence when Seungkwan raise both of his hands to stop him from continuing. "Restroom" He stated, clearing his throat with a few gulps. Vernon stunned for a moment before he nods "Uhh.. sure" He said, placing his elbow on the table with his cheek on his hand as a fist. Seungkwan stood up and made his leave while Vernon stared at him as he wait patiently for Seungkwan to come back.  

Seungkwan went inside the restroom, shutting the door close and hopefully he was the only person inside. He quickly went up to face the mirror and smack his cheeks gently with both of his hands. Thinking the way he feels around Vernon out of nowhere. "No" He commanded himself in the mirror as he point at his reflection. "No!" He shouted then growled, walking around the room while sliding his hands up and down his cheeks. He pat them a few times and face the mirror once again as he slowly feel his heartbeat go fast. "You- No- Should not! Boo Seungkwan!" He shouted at himself and he clearly knew he was going nuts. "Just for business. Business. Yes. Just. That" He lectured himself, waving his hands in the air while explaining a dozen things what he should do and what he shouldn't. "Vernon is just my fake husband nothing real nothing true nothing actual that would ruin my life" Seungkwan said, nodding his head that he was actually agreeing the things that goes in his head. 

"Seungkwan?" The said person came to the restroom, making Seungkwan scream aloud as he heard the voice while he holds down his chest from panting in terror. "Can't you knock!?" Seungkwan complained, standing up straight with his arms firm on his sides. Only getting a confused expression "It's for everyone, Seungkwan.." Vernon said as he look at the cubicles lining up from his side then lift his hand to stratch the back of his neck feeling tensed at the moment. "I just heard you shouting so I went to check" He said but then shrugged unsure "You heard me?!" Seungkwan shouted letting out a series of 'Ohmygawd'  "No.. no. Not really, just heard your muffled voice" He replied but still Seungkwan isn't convinced making him groan and stomp out of the room with Vernon looking back at him "Sorry!" He shouted.

They sat back at their table and started eating quietly. Then Sofia jump at her seat when she forgot to say something and got the other two their attention. "I forgot! We're going to dive at night" Sofia said and saw Vernon's face form a big smile but an opposite at Seungkwan's. "That's amazing!" Vernon said while Seungkwan gulp down deeply. That Sofia noticed "What's wrong?" She asked as Seungkwan start to stratch the side of his head "I'm actually afraid of the creatures at the ocean" Seungkwan muttered. "Oh" Sofia said a bit disappointed that she basically forced Seungkwan the things he doesn't like. "But it's fine.. I could try different things" He said with a not so assuring tone in his voice.

After that they were leading to their stay for the night, passing a line of wooden cottages that wasn't too big nor too small. Sofia then stop her tracks while she admire the cute house infront of her. "I'll be here ....and you guys can stay at the next one" Sofia said and walk up the stairs at her own cottage. Vernon shrugged and continued walking to take a quick nap for their scuba diving tonight. Seungkwan then followed him from behind while they enter the cozy cottage with a queen sized bed also seeing a small kitchen at the side. Seungkwan looked around, finding a clean bathroom at the end of the cottage.

He walked back to the front door to get his luggage for his bath while Vernon flopped down on the bed. "We aren't sleeping here for the night, right?" Seungkwan asked, realizing there was only one bed in the room. Vernon lifted his head at the question while he tilt his head on the side in confusion "I guess so? Sofia is the one to decide. She doesn't really trust me on this kinds of things" Vernon said, dropping his head back on the pillow while he comfortably find a right spot. "I could tell" Seungkwan mumbled as he walk back to the bathroom with his necessary stuff also hearing Vernon let out a small laugh, obviously heard Seungkwan's comment just now. 

When Seungkwan is finally done with his long bath. He stepped out the shower and to the sink, looking at the rack that there wasn't a single towel in sight. He then remembered, he left it on the couch outside. Cursing out quietly as held on the doorknob if he would go out to chase for his towel but then Vernon came to his mind that he's actually under the same roof. He let out a sigh, closing his eyes in disbelief while he rants at himself quietly. 

A few moments later, he stood up at the corner of the bathroom and took up all his courage because he ain't going to cry inside a room for leaving a towel. He took a peek on the door and saw Vernon sleeping, letting out soft snores from his slumber. Seungkwan inhaled deeply then scanned the whole room to find his precious towel and finally he saw it. Telling himself how the whole world is so cruel as he look at his towel, hanging on the couch just at the front of Hansol. 

Staring at Hansol for a few minutes if he is really certain that he is deeply asleep, he then tiptoed across the room as he feel the chilly air coming from the air conditioner, shivering his figure. He grabbed his towel ready to shift it around his body "Took you long enough" A familiar voice said from his behind. Seungkwan bit his lips and eyes started to widen enormously. He screamed up out of his lungs and swung the cloth around his figure still can't move a single part of his body at the sudden voice he just heard. "S-stop looking! Turn around!!" He then shouted, slouching with a tight grip at the end of the towel. "Okay okay!" Hansol replied, looking at the side but can't help to take a few glances at the soft wet legs and the blonde locks dripping water faintly. "Don't look!" Seungkwan shouted once again when he felt the sharp stares. "I know I know" Vernon said as he sat up on the bed and look at the wooden wall infront of him. Seungkwan gasped, imagining that Vernon did saw him inappropriately. "You saw, didn't you?" Seungkwan said as he turn around when the cloth is finally secured around his body. 

It took Vernon a few moments "I'm sorry" He said, making Seungkwan widen his eyes. "Get out!" Seungkwan shouted, squinting his eyes while he points the front door to signal Vernon to get out this small house and give him time alone. 

Vernon sighed and stood up, passing Seungkwan on the way. He swung the door open and have his eyes lock with Seungkwan's "You do have a nice as-" 

"Get out!"

"Okay.." Raising both of his hands in defeat and went outside.

Seungkwan covered his red face with both of his hands in embarrassment and sat down on a nearest chair to retain himself.

While Vernon just recently got kick out at the house. He decided to take a look around by the ocean as he walk bare feet on the soft sand. He hums while admiring the great features of the ocean and the rocks that forms together beautifully. Vernon did regret the words he said to Seungkwan earlier. Thinking, they would be as awkward than usual by now. "Idiot" He muttered to himself. The gust of wind went through him as he thinks of what will happen between the two of them. He still doesn't want to agree at the marriage but now he's just confused. He likes it but at the same time doesn't. He can't find any words to describe it but for now, he just wants to be in good terms with Seungkwan. 

After Seungkwan wore his clothes completely, he thought that he couldn't stay like this with Vernon. He needs to marry him as soon as possible. If not, his perks of the company will lessen. "Okay. Focus" Seungkwan said to himself as he breathed deeply. Now, he decides to walk outside to find Vernon. He looked around and saw him walking further away. "Vernon!" He shouted, making Vernon stop his tracks. 

Vernon gazed at him with a flustered expression painted on his face when he saw Seungkwan running towards him. "What is it?" He stuttered when he saw the other panting infront of him. Vernon kept his hands on his pockets while he waited for the other to answer. "I'm sorry. I.. I think I overreacted" He explained with Vernon's eyebrows furrowed. Seungkwan looked up at him with an assure smile. "Oh no" Vernon replied while he shake his hands "It's actually my fault. I mean reacting like that is fine though" He responded back but Seungkwan stopped him from getting further

"No but it's mostly my fault because I left my towel that I SHOULDN'T! And I basically screamed at you and it's just all of my fault so I'm so sorry that I kicked you out BUT I will not let you sleep outside! I mean you might be freezing around here. This wind just can't stop! Are you cold? You know? We should be going inside!" Seungkwan continued his rant at Vernon with his unnecessary hand gestures floating around in the air. Vernon slowly formed a smile and held both of his hands to stop moving and pulled him a little closer. "Seungkwan" He said. Tightening his grip on his hands with the other looking back at him as he gulp with their faces a few inches apart. "It's fine" Vernon added with his cheeky smile on his face. Seungkwan stayed silent and looked down at their hands that is together perfectly. Then just a few seconds, Vernon realized and slowly sank his hands out of Seungkwan's own. Vernon pursed his lips in a line and glanced back at Seungkwan, who took his hands and fidget it together. 

Vernon felt a bit anxious at his actions earlier that he didn't know what to do but blurted out a few words "Are you ready?" Vernon asked and Seungkwan immediately look back at him. "With what?" He said softly. "Diving" Vernon stated. The only word that came to his mind with the ocean close to him and inserted his hands back inside his pockets. "I'm not sure" Seungkwan replied then faced the ocean. Wondering what might happen soon. "You should take a rest first" Vernon said with his hand unknowingly placed at the side of Seungkwan's hair as he caress it gently. Seungkwan flinced a bit with his wide eyes "Okay" He managed to say and turned around to walk back to their cottage. "You'll stay here?" Seungkwan stopped and looked back at the other. "I'll catch up later" Vernon replied. Seungkwan nod his head and continued to walk away. 

After a few minutes, Vernon then walks slowly to their cottage with his head lowered as he stares down his bare foot stepping on the soft sand with his hair being blown away by the cool breeze.

Suddenly feeling an emotion that he shouldn't. Forcing his face to form a smile but he couldn't. His heart starts to beat as much as he want it to stop, he just can't. Looking back at another memory with Seungkwan, who he just met yesterday. Can easily make him feel something different that no one can. Vernon inhaled deeply, trying to calm his thoughts and be the person he knows before he met him. 

He went inside the cottage and gently close the door when he noticed how quiet it was, only to hear the air conditioner's sound throughout the room. He took a few more steps and saw a sweet figure, sleeping calmly with a the thick blanket wrapped around him. Vernon sat down on a chair, facing towards the other in a safe distance as he thought of how he wants to hate him but wants to love him in the next day. He stared at the other for quite awhile that his vision was only on him. He doesn't know why but it kept him in a place to be relax.

Vernon then decided to do something else rather than being creepy at Seungkwan for hours. He went across the room, where he left his laptop. He then makes himself as busy as possible. Looking at his email to find any problems in their company that he have been ignoring for a couple of months because he absolutely doesn't want to be the heir of their company but now, he just wants to work out of nowhere. He started to fix the contracts and agree to be a part with other industries. 

When the sun has now fallen, Vernon survived the dreadful hours as he rub his aching forehead from his family's business that it was problematic than he thought. Quietly facepalming at the corner while looking with one eye at the continuous messages popping up on the screen with a bunch of statements he can't even process at the moment. With a bit of irritation, he smack down his laptop close and turn to look at Seungkwan, who seems to be awake and startled as he look back at him, 'I'm sorry. Did I wake you up?" Vernon said and laid down on the chair with a deep sigh. "Not really" Seungkwan replied and sat up on the bed as he ruffle his hair to straighten. 

"Very unlikely to see you like this" Seungkwan said as he spectated how busy Vernon was "No. It's just that.. It's nothing" Vernon said, covering his face with both of his hands and groaned. "I like it" Seungkwan commented softly under his breath. With that, Vernon sat up and giggled faintly as he shook his head. "How do you know?" Vernon asked, realizing that Seungkwan knew this little things can be surprising in his life but he never mentioned it to Seungkwan at all. I mean, he barely talks to him. "Sofia told me about everything I need to know about you and I.. eventually noticed that we are eventually the opposites" Seungkwan said, pursing his lips to stop forming a smile. Vernon smirked at the other's sentence and he can agree? "Is that so?" Vernon said as Seungkwan shake his head unsure what to say then shrugged. 

Then there was a knock on the door. Seungkwan is the one that stood up first and walk pass Vernon to answer the person at the door. "What are guys doing? you only have a few minutes before you guys go to the boat and start diving under the ocean~" Sofia said as she tries to act like the sea with her body, crazily but it didn't entertain Seungkwan much because of her 'You guys' on her sentence. "You aren't joining us?" He asked. "Yep. I actually thought of just staying because it feels much better here" She explained, nodding up at Seungkwan. "But I don't like to dive" He whispered for Vernon not to hear. "Well, the boat is ready for the 'two' of you" She whispered back with a shrug at the end also feeling guilty but it seems to be better when they're alone and she trust Vernon to take care for Seungkwan anyways.

At that time, Seungkwan literally lost his hope with his shoulders drop while forming a frown. "Okay" He murmured about to close the door with Sofia's 'Good luck!'. "Sofia?" Vernon asked him when he heard the voice. "Yes and get ready. We're going to ride a boat" Seungkwan replied, preparing what he would wear. 

After a few minutes, they were now on the boat. Going away not too far from the land and that seems the ocean looks to get deeper. Seungkwan gulping down almost all of his saliva in nervousness as he look down on the dark blue ocean. Not too long, they already arrived at the most admiring spot of the ocean. The two males is now checking one last time at Seungkwan and Vernon's diving suit and gears. "I'm scared" Seungkwan said when Vernon was about to jump off the boat. He looked back at the sudden words that came out from the other. "It's fine" Vernon replied but to only see Seungkwan looking down and bite his lips. 

Vernon then sighed and sat down to face him "Seungkwan, we're going together" Vernon assured him then held on both of his hands. For a moment it seems so wrong but right at the same time. He didn't get an answer but he leaned closer at the side of the boat, squeezing his hand once more and finally Vernon went into the ocean with Seungkwan that's holding his breath with wide eyes looking back at him deeply. Vernon took his dive light with him and point it at the beautiful environment under the ocean. Seungkwan was quite astonished with friendly fishes swimming in his way and that all his anxiety floated away. Softly, his grip on Vernon's hand loosen. 

Seeing Seungkwan look comfortable, Vernon pulled him gently a bit further from their boat. Seungkwan let Vernon lead him while he is now mesmerized at the small creatures. He hesistantly spread his arm to slightly poke one but not even a faint touch when Vernon quickly took his hand gently as he shake his head. Then a school of fishes swam infront of them as Vernon pull Seungkwan back slightly as they enjoy their view. 

When the fishes were now far away, Vernon reached for Seungkwan's hand and lead him to some coral formations for starfish, crabs and other creatures. After examining the wonderful environment, Seungkwan faced Vernon with a smile for giving him a memorable time also Vernon's glad to give a sweet smile in return.