A Date?

Click-Date

“Introducing Click-Date, the solution to your dating problems.”

Sehun looked at his phone screen in disbelief. What kind of advertisement is this? What kind of app that offers you an instant date?

He was about to close the ads but stopped himself from doing so. Maybe this app worth a try. The blond man was a bit lonely after all, a little fun wouldn’t hurt. He went to download the dating app and a few minutes later he was filling some questions the app required him to answer. Most of the questions were basic stuffs. Age, height, weight, and all those stuffs. He casually typed in ‘biual’ in the ual orientation column.

“Describe how you want your partner to be,” Sehun read out the last question. “Do I have to fill this in too?”

He tilted his head as he gave it a little thought. “How do I want it?” he asked more to himself before shrugging nonchalantly. He filled it with a simple ‘the non-clingy one who is shorter than me’ then he tapped on the pink ‘find me a date!’ box, located down right after the last question.

He put his phone on the table as he looked at the loading screen. It took a while before the screen finally showed a capslocked ‘WE FOUND YOU A DATE’ and a map appeared after that. It looked like an ordinary google maps but with a little pink heart indicating where his date partner was. On the lower part of the screen, Sehun could read ‘Your partner, Jongin, will arrive in 4 minutes.’

“Jongin, eh?” the blond snorted. “So it’s a man. Let’s see whether this app does what it promised.”

He took a sip of his green tea latte as he waited, his eyes glued to his phone screen. The little heart on the map was getting closer and closer to the café where he’s at, which means he’s going to meet his partner soon. The blond turned to look at the entrance door as the minute countdown turned to zero, just in time to see the door being pushed open by a man around his age.

Sehun took a glance over the man and a smirk made its way onto his face. The man was wearing a simple grey t-shirt and Sehun clearly loved the way his skinny jeans hugged his thighs, his skin was darker than average but that just made him look ier. He was a bit shorter than himself and he definitely didn’t look like the clingy type. Exactly like the criteria he put on the dating app. Sehun hoped that man was his date.

He watched as the man seemed to be looking around for someone. Testing his luck, Sehun stood up and waved his hand to catch his attention. “Jongin,” he called out, loud enough for the man to hear.

The man turned to look at where the voice came from and Sehun gave him the most charming smile he could manage. So he was right, that man was Jongin, a date that the app found for him. What he didn’t expect was the immediate frown on Jongin’s forehead when he saw him and how he turned back to walk out the door. Sehun was left there, standing with his arm up like an idiot. He was perplexed. Never once in his life did he got ditched on a date, not even with a stranger. He was sure as hell that he looked dashing as always today. So why did he leave him just like that? He grabbed his phone from the table before running out after his date. He needed to know what was so wrong with his face that the man ran away right after he saw him.

“Jongin!” he called out again once he was out from the café. He could see his supposed-to-be-date fastening his walking pace and he fastened his pace as well, catching up to him. He managed to grab the tanned man’s arm and pulled him to stop. “Jongin, what the hell?”

“Whoa, whoa.” Jongin was quick to free himself, he got both of his hands up as if to stop Sehun from coming closer. “We’ve got a little misunderstanding here.”

“I don’t get it.” The blond frowned slightly. “Judging by how you respond when I call your name, you’re obviously Jongin. I don’t see why you ditch me right after seeing my face though.”

“It’s because I’m not gay!” Jongin almost shouted, loud enough to gather some attention from people on the street. Noticing the unwanted attention, he groaned frustratedly and lowered his voice as he continued to speak, “Look, I think that damned dating app got some bugs or something, but I’m straight as . So let’s just forget this ever happened and let’s go our separate ways peacefully, alright?”

Finally getting the situation they’re in right now, Sehun grabbed Jongin’s arm once again as the latter tried to leave. “I don’t want to,” he said. Sehun is stupid if he let this man go without even getting his number. The guy might be straight, yes. But that is not something unchangeable.

“What?” Jongin’s eyes were wide when he looked at Sehun. He shook his head before sighing softly. “Alright, this is clearly my fault for not realizing that Sehun is not a in girl name but you gotta be kidding me. I am not, never, going to bend you over a table and you into oblivion, if that’s what you’re imagining.”

“Who’s ing who here?” Sehun raised a brow amusedly. A slight blush crept up the other male’s neck and heck, Sehun thought that was adorable. “For your information, I don’t bottom. If you’re gonna include the bend and thingy here, you’re gonna be the one out my na—”

A hand was placed to cover his mouth before he could even finish his sentence. The damage was done though. Jongin was as red as a tomato and he looked so flustered Sehun felt like winning a gold medal for causing this kind of effect on him.

“You and that dirty mouth of yours!” Jongin huffed.

The blond shrugged nonchalantly as he gently pried Jongin’s hand away from his mouth. “You started it.”

“Alright, what do you want?” Jongin finally gave up, knowing that going their separate ways peacefully was out of the question.

“We met through a dating app, so of course we should date,” he answered as if that was the most obvious thing. “Besides, I’m not fully gay. I consider myself as a freewheeling biual so you shouldn’t worry that much.”

Jongin cursed under his breath. Freewheeling biual, as if that thing exists. He thought to himself, letting out a frustrated groan as he felt Sehun’s hand reaching out for his. The blond man casually held his hand as he said, “Off to date we go!”

Jongin made a mental note not to use a dating app ever again.