CHAPTER 2: Stupid

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I don’t want this

I want to escape

But this red string of fate tangled me all up

 

“Bags in front, I will now give the pre-test.” Dara announced to class as she arranges the tests papers, earning her a loud groan of disapproval from her students. “Now now, you’re seniors already. You should be used to it.” she chuckled at her students who slowly gathered up their things.

 

At the start of classes, students in YG High are given an examination or a pre-test in order to assess the student’s current knowledge about the subjects. This serves as a review for the students and, at the same time, helps the teachers to evaluate on what areas in the subject they should focus on. This exam is also considered in computing their grades in the current year.

 

In senior high, they will have 4 subjects for the pre-test: Science, Mathematics, Language, and Social Science. Students are then given 1 hour to answer each subject.

 

“You got 4 hours to finish these tests. Read the instructions carefully.” Dara reminded her class. “Begin.”

 

Calming herself before answering the exam, Jennie closes her eyes in concentration.

 

Calm down.

 

Focus on the test.

 

Ace this like you always did.

 

Nodding at her pep talk, she started reading the questions of her exam.

 

Ace this...just like...how they would expect me to.

 

The sound of papers being flip through and scribbling of pens can only be heard, shrouding the class with a serious atmosphere. However, as minutes turned to hours, almost all of the students were wearing annoyed and frustrated expressions while some of them had already given up on answering the questions.

 

This is impossible...this is a college level examination. I swear I’ve never seen this type of problems. And they didn’t even discussed this yet!

 

Tapping her pen at the desk, Jennie sighed.

 

Why didn’t I expected this? I should have studied harder.

 

Glancing at her classmates, she couldn’t help but feel amused with the faces they were making. Some of them are just blankly staring ahead with dull eyes, it’s as if their soul have already departed, while the rest are just sleeping, busy in their own dreamland.

 

Curious about what the transfer student is doing, she turned her head to the side.

 

Only to be caught off guard again by the blonde's beauty.

 

And like a scene from a drama, the soft pink color of the cherry blossoms illuminated the room.

 

Each petal giving off a serene glow, calming everything it surrounds as it slowly falls. The tranquil color it gives off accentuated the beauty of the quiet blonde who is staring out the windows with a faraway look. Her half-lidded eyes expressing a look of sadness, paradoxical to the dazzling background around her.

 

Jennie never thought that someone can look so ethereal despite the melancholy they’re exuding.

 

And as if sensing that someone is staring at her, Lisa glanced at Jennie. The brunette then quickly turns her head.

 

I’ve been caught. I’ve been caught. This is so embarrassing.

 

I can’t help it. It’s not my fault she looked like a model who came out from a magazine.

 

And those lips...

 

they really look...

 

kissable.

 

Wait? What?

 

Mentally slapping herself, Jennie closed her eyes tightly, embarrassed and appalled at her own thoughts.

 

I can’t believe I’ve thought that...especially about her...that cold blonde. Slightly shaking her head, she turned her attention to her test paper.

 

Focus. Focus. Focus.

 

She repeatedly told herself as she dismisses the image of the blonde in her mind. She then ignores the fast thumping of her heart...and the blush that was slowly creeping into her cheeks.

 

 

“The results will just be posted at the bulletin board. Remember this will take part on your grades okay? Class dismissed.” Dara said to them. “And Jennie can you come here for a bit?” She asked Jennie as the students starts to leave the classroom, relieved that their exam was over.

 

“Yes mam?” Jennie replied and approached her teacher.

 

“I hope this isn’t it a bother...but can you tour Lalisa at our school?”

 

“Oh.” Jennie uttered hesitantly at first but immediately nodded knowing she can’t refuse her teacher’s request.

 

“Thank you Jennie, you really are reliable.” Dara smiled gratefully.

 

“I’m glad I could help Mam.” Jennie replied, bowing to her teacher as Dara waved her goodbye.

 

She was about to turn when she felt soft arms being wrapped at her waist. She smiles and crosses her arms, waiting for the person back hugging her to speak.

 

“I’m sorry~ Please don’t be mad?” Jisoo said pleadingly. “I just want to...silence the class?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter