Chapter 2

Would U

"Well, she's cute," Youngho said as the girl who asked Seulgi about him walked passed by. The two of them watched the girl and her friend from the top bleachers. The girl was trying hard to hide her face as she seemed to get shy once she noticed Youngho was there. Her friend seemed to be teasing her a lot. 

"Why don't you ask her out?" Seulgi remarked as she sipped her smoothie.

Youngho clicked his tongue. "Nah, I'll pass." Seulgi rolled her eyes. "I mean, you're cuter so I better date you." Seulgi choked on her smoothie.

"So, you only want me for my face?" she played along. She knew that there's no way Youngho would have a feeling for her. They're just playful like that.

Youngho shrugged. "Not just because of that. You're amazing. Everything about you is wonderful." He turned to Seulgi and their eyes locked. Smile formed on their lips before they burst into laughter.

"You're crazy," Seulgi said.

"Crazy, huh?" Youngho whispered.

They sat on the bleachers for fifteen minutes, sipping on their smoothies and ate the snacks they bought before leaving for class.

"I'll see you at the bus tent later?" Youngho said as he dropped Seulgi by her class. 

But Seulgi then shook her head as her response. "My brother just texted me saying that he'll come to pick me up," she said with annoyance. She's annoyed because she told him that Youngho will send her home. She even informed her parents since they knew him well. But no, that man that was her brother texted her he's going to pick her up no matter what.

Youngho pouted at that. Their hang out — date — was being cancelled again. "What to do, your brother hates me so much," he said in a low voice. 

Seulgi grabbed Youngho's arm and flayed it left and right. "Aww don't say like that! He's just bitter about some things. And he's being overprotective, that's all."

Youngho smiled, then he chuckled. She really was adorable. How could one not like her when she's acting all adorable like this. If only they're dating for real, he'd kiss her forehead right there and then. But instead, he patted her head and told her to get to her class before she's late. Seulgi winked at Youngho before turning to get to her class.

Youngho watched her gone with a heavy heart.

 

 

*

 

 

 

When she found her brother's car parked at the usual place outside the college, she frowned. Because of him, she had to cancel her plans with Youngho. Not just him but also with Seungwan as her brother said he wanted to take her somewhere, to accompany him for the whole day. What a child he was, she thought. And Seulgi already sensed bad feelings for this. He must've set up something.

"Hello, my lovely sis," he greeted cheerfully as she got inside the car. "Ready to go?"

Seulgi just rolled her eyes. "Just send me home already. You'll do fine on your own."

Her brother chuckled, "Aww, come on. I'm taking you out. I'll pay for lunch. I'll buy you new jeans and sneakers. Didn't you want those pair of sneakers you told mom about? I'll buy you those, okay?"

Seulgi glared at her brother. Why was he acting up all of sudden? "Are you up to something? Why are you being nice?"

His brother shrugged, "Just because." He started the engine and drove away.

 

 


**

 

 

Seulgi's brother led her inside a restaurant that was too fancy for her (although it's just a normal restaurant, maybe because of the grand decorations she felt small). Her brother walked up front while she tailed him from behind. She noticed how he was looking around the room, obviously looking for someone he knew because the restaurant was almost empty at this hour as it passed the lunch time.

"Ah, there he is," Seulgi's brother mumbled. Seulgi turned to look where his brother was looking and frowned. She saw a man around her age sitting at the table in a corner; he was on his phone and didn't realize that Seulgi and her brother were approaching him.

"Lee Taeyong," Seulgi's brother greeted the young man who then looked up upon hearing his name. A small smile formed on his face as he saw who it was. He stood up and shook hands with Seulgi's brother.

"You're here," he said softly. Or maybe his voice was originally soft. Seulgi who stood a little far from them gritted her teeth. She couldn't believe her brother actually dragged her to meet his friend. This must be one of his plans for her blind date or something.

The guy called Taeyong was talking cheerfully with her brother until his eyes suddenly fell on her. Seulgi tried to look away as she now realized how big the guy's eyes were. She suddenly felt insecure and nervous when he fixed his gaze on her. It felt like he could see through her with those big pair of eyes.

"So..." he said, "this is the beautiful sister you told me about."

 

 

 

***

 

 


"What's with the sad expression?" Doyoung asked as he took a sit on the chair at the other side of the table. He took out all of his books and started to sort out for his assignments.

Youngho only grunt as reply. If Seulgi didn't have to go with her brother, he wouldn't be here in the library doing his assignment. He didn't care though, he just want to have fun with her. Why was that so hard to get?

Doyoung then chuckled. "I saw her leaving with her brother. That's why I called you, knowing your plan is ruined," he said mockingly to Youngho.

Youngho glared at Doyoung before resting his head on the table. He wouldn't be here if it wasn't because of her brother. He missed his best friend already.

"Since you like her so much, why don't you just confessed?" Doyoung said after a moment of silence.

Youngho sighed. "I told you, we are just friends. No more than that." 

"Yeah, right. The other day you told me she's your girlfriend."

"Correction, girl friend," Youngho said pressing the words 'girl' and 'friend'. "There's difference. There's a space in between girl and friend. Get it?"

Doyoung rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Whatever."

Youngho sighed again and closed his eyes.

He thought it's better if he went to sleep since he had no interest in doing his assignment.

He missed his best friend. Girl friend.

 

 

***

 

 

Seulgi had long lost her appetite. Even more as she felt Taeyong's eyes fell on her once in a while. She could feel he stole glances at her at time when her brother wasn't looking. Seulgi would suddenly look up and he already look away.

"Uh... I think I need to go to the toilet," Seulgi's brother said all of sudden. Seulgi cursed in her head. "Why don't you talk and get to know each other? Hm?" he continued as he stood up and left the two of them at the table.

Seulgi pursed her lips, she let her eyes wandered everywhere but on him. All she ever want to do right now was getting out of here. That's all that matters. 

"I heard you take fine arts in the university as your major?" as she was thinking how to escape, Taeyong spoke. She turned to look at him finally. She nodded her head, she then looked back down at her untouched food.
"I wish you could show me yout arts one day," that had her look up to him again. He was smiling and Seulgi felt her heart beating a bit faster than before, she looked away. "Your brother said your arts are amazing, so I wish you could show them to me too."

"Nah... they're just average. My brother was just exaggerating," she denied.

Taeyong shrugged. "Still, I would like to see them one day. Is that okay?"

Seulgi looked at him for a while then nodded her head slightly. "Fine, whatever," she said softly. Why was he suddenly...?

They were quiet after that as both didn't know what else to say to each other. And Seulgi's brother took too long in toilet. Who knew what could he be doing in there.

 

 

Seulhoon messed up his hair in frustration as he watched the two youngsters at the table being awkward as ever from the other side of the room. The waiters and waitresses were giving him an odd look but he didn't care. He only cared about those two. He thought Taeyong was good in talking but apparently he's not. He could feel the anger resonated from his sister. It's not his fault, he just thought Taeyong should be the one for Seulgi. He's the nicest man ever he met. Taeyong was more than just pretty face. Not that Seulgi would care how he looked like. What matters was, Seulhoon believed that Taeyong would take a really good care of his sister.

But, he thought, playing cupid was hard.

 

 

***

 

a/n: hello!! sorry for the late update. i was busy ;; anyway, since i don't know Seulgi's brother's name, I'll just name him Seulhoon. I'm sorry, seulgi's brother!!!! and taeyong!!!!! he's here lol. i hope you guys will enjoy this chapter. I'll try to update the next chapter soon ㅠㅠ