we finally meet

twenty one

advisory: prepare a pillow to scream into or punch at 

--

“No I can’t do this.” Dahyun says as she tries to bolt from the chair she’s in, but Chaeyoung and Jihyo stops her effectively with a hand each on her shoulders.

 

“You were the one who suggested this, so don’t you dare bolt.” Jihyo warns as she signals for the make-up artiste. The make-up artiste start her work on Dahyun, while Jihyo just points a warning finger at Dahyun before leaving the waiting room. Chaeyoung just chuckles as she leans against the table to face the tofu.

 

“Why are you so nervous? It’s so unlike you.” Chaeyoung teases as she crosses her arms.

 

“It’s my first time seeing her but I have to act chummy with her already! And she’s so pretty?! Like have you seen her?!” Dahyun rambles off, her hands gesturing wildly, almost hitting their make-up artiste. She mumbles an apology and Chaeyoung just grins, patting Dahyun on the back.

 

“Good luck mate.” Chaeyoung says as she gives Dahyun a reassuring squeeze on her shoulder before leaving the room.

 

“Hey, where are you going!” Dahyun asks, unable to turn her head due to the make-up she’s receiving.

 

“Going back to the studio. Ciao!” Chaeyoung lifts two fingers to her temples to give Dahyun a salute.

 

“Yah you can’t leave me here alone to die of anxiety, yah yah!” That’s the last she hears of Dahyun as Chaeyoung shuts the waiting room door, heading towards Jihyo to say goodbye before leaving for the studio. Their leader is the director for the music video this time, so she’s busy running around making sure everything is in place. She is standing around, looking at the cameras when Chaeyoung approaches, smiling at her.

 

“How’s it going?”

 

“Yeah, everything is more or less set. We just need to wait for the other lead to come and we can start the shoot.” Jihyo tells her, noticing the bag on her shoulders. “You are leaving already?”

 

Chaeyoung nods. “There’s nothing much for me to do here anyway.”

 

She leans closer to look at the storyboard of the MV in Jihyo’s hands and she smirks at her leader. “How about adding a kiss scene?”

 

She was promptly met with a smack on her head. “You are like 4! How can you talk about kissing?” Jihyo reprimands. “And also, no kissing for Dahyun. She’s like, 5.”

 

Chaeyoung just shakes her head at her leader’s protectiveness and readjusts her hat before patting Jihyo on the back. “Hwaiting!”

 

“Text me when you reach the studio!” Jihyo hollers after her as she makes her leave and Chaeyoung just sighs and waves without even turning to look back.

 

She’s at the bus stop when she sees their van cruising past, Chaeyoung waving and smiling as their manager honks at her before driving by. That’s the van the other female lead of their MV is on and Dahyun is getting that bit closer to seeing her in real life. Ah, she should have stayed to watch the meeting between the two of them a.k.a Dahyun breaking down. It’s not every day you get to see the ever-confident Kim Dahyun in a frenzy (and it’s even because of a girl that she hasn’t even seen in real life!). Chaeyoung chuckles as her bus pulls up, and she shoots a text to annoy Dahyun, just for the sake of it.

 

Have fun, doofus! You will see her in like, 5 minutes?

 

--

 

To say that Sana is nervous is an understatement. She’s practically shaking, and has been shaking ever since they got off the plane. Mina, sensing her nervousness, immediately places a reassuring hand on Sana’s thigh. “It’s going to be fine.”

 

“I think I’m going to pass out.” Sana said in hushed whispers. Mina takes Sana’s hand into hers.

 

“Breathe. It’s just acting, you have done this thousands of time.” Mina tries to console Sana. It seems to be working, Sana taking a deep breath as she closes her eyes. But the façade falls immediately and the panic comes back right after as she hides her face in her hands. “It’s filming, but with TM!”

 

The driver honks and waves at someone across the street, but Mina barely even paid attention to it, her attention solely focused on Sana. She has to make sure Sana gets into actress-Sana mode, and out of this fangirl-Sana mode. Getting into her manager mode, Mina holds Sana by the chin to face her. “You can do this, and you have to do this. We didn’t fly over for you to act like some love-struck teenager. Get it together!”

 

TM left a direct message on Sana’s twitter, requesting for her to guest star in their upcoming MV. It doesn’t seem real at first, but written below the request were the contact details of their manager, and that was all it took to convince them that it was, in fact, real. It took Sana about 0.1 second to agree to it, 1.5 days for their company to approve it, and 2 hours 15 minutes to fly over to Korea to bring them to where they are now. Mina wasn’t really keen on going back to Korea again (with all the bad memories and all), but Sana was so adamant on going that she had no choice but to follow (and also because that’s her job as her manager).

 

The van pulls up in an abandoned amusement park and the driver turns around with a smile. “We are here.”

 

“Oppa what took you so long!” A voice is heard from outside the van as the driver alights.

 

Sana gasps as she hears the voice, her hands covering dramatically. “It’s GodJihyo.”

 

“What?” Mina asks confusedly, and the doors slide open. Their driver is standing beside a girl with bangs and huge eyes and her scowl is immediately replaced by a radiant smile as she makes eye contact with the two of them in the car.

 

“Hi, I’m Jihyo.” The girl greets in perfect Japanese, hands held out for a handshake.

 

So this must be one of the TM members. Mina takes her hands immediately, knowing that Sana is probably not in the right mental state to engage in a handshake. “I’m Mina, Sana’s manager. Please just talk to us comfortably.” She greets back in perfect Korean and she sees the girl blink at her in surprise.

 

“Woah, your Korean is really good.” Jihyo compliments, nodding and smiling at Mina. She just smiles back courteously, looking at how her hand is still out, waiting for a handshake from Sana. She nudges Sana, effectively bringing the girl back to Earth and the girl immediately takes Jihyo’s hand overzealously with both hands.

 

“I’m a huge fan!” Sana just blurts out and Mina almost face palms. What a way to make a first impression. Jihyo, bless her soul, just laughs it off as she shakes Sana’s hand. “That’s what I have heard. Nice to finally be able to meet you, Sana-ssi.”

 

--

 

Dahyun’s phone vibrates and she picks it up to see a message from Chaeyoung. She shoots a furious reply back. There is no need to be nice to someone who just abandoned you.

 

Shut it you deserve to die in the deepest pits of hell for abandoning me when I needed you the most. We are over Son Chaeyoung.

 

Just as she sends the text, the door opens and her eyes are immediately glued to the newcomers. There’s Jihyo and their manager, but it’s who was following behind them that got her. It’s as if the girl is glowing, smiling at her abashedly before looking down to hide her face.

 

“And this is Dahyun who will be acting alongside Sana-ssi in the music video.” Jihyo’s loud voice brings her back to her senses, and she pushes away their stylist’s hands hastily before shooting up. She’s too shocked at the Japanese’s beauty, how can someone even look this good? Isn’t it illegal? Jihyo clears , and Dahyun gets the hint.

 

“Hi, I’m TM’s Dahyun, please take care of me well for the shoot.” Dahyun greets in Japanese as she holds out her hand, hoping she didn’t get the words wrongly. Sana seems dazed, only coming to her senses after a nudge from the girl beside her. She just takes her hand with a gentle smile. “Th- that should be what I should say. Thank you for inviting me.”

 

You’re so beautiful

You’re beautiful

 

Dahyun just gasps, not sure if it’s because of Sana’s beauty, or the perfect Korean, or her soft hands that are currently in hers (maybe it’s all of those things). She thinks she might have just met perfection in human form, in the form of Minatozaki Sana. She’s briefly introduced to Sana’s manager, and Dahyun thinks she looks familiar, a face that she has seen before, lost somewhere in the depths of her memories. Before she can even begin to think about it, Jihyo settles them down side by side to get their make-up done and the thought of figuring out the identity of Sana’s manager leaves her head immediately.

 

Dahyun sees the make-up artiste start to work her magic on Sana’s face and even though it doesn’t make a big difference, it brings out her features more and Dahyun finds herself staring. Sana catches her gaze and they make eye contact and Dahyun just smiles. She’s really going to enjoy the shoot this time round.

 

--

 

“I’m sorry I’m late!” Dahyun says as she runs towards Sana, who’s already sulking as she sits at the entrance of the amusement park. Sana turns away from Dahyun, crossing her arms as she frowns. Dahyun squats down in front of her, staring at her right in the eyes sincerely. “I overslept because I had schedules till late last night. Forgive me please?”

 

Sana almost melts from the sincere stare, but she looks away, trying to put up a front even though she knows she is fighting a losing battle. “How many times has it been already?”

 

Dahyun sighs and gets up, dusting her shirt. “Seems like I have to use the last trick up my sleeves.”

 

She starts dancing wildly as if someone music somewhere, twirling her arms in circles and moving her shoulders up and down while flipping her hair everywhere. Her beanie flies off from her wild actions and Sana who is already in fits of laughter immediately runs to pick up the beanie for the tofu. She stops the girl with a hug, still crackling with laughter. “Alright, alright, I forgive you. Jeez, you are such an attention seeker.”

 

“Then you must be attention, because I’m always seeking for you.” Dahyun says as she gives a smug smile at Sana. “So, am I forgiven?”

 

Sana kisses the girl on the cheeks, whose eyes immediately widen in surprise as she clasps her cheeks. She smiles at her. “What do you think?”

 

“CUT!” Jihyo yells out and the two instantly break away from the hug. “Good job guys! We can move on to the next scene!”

 

As the crew starts to move, the two actresses stand shell shocked in their positions. Sana promptly apologizes, she should have controlled herself better! “I… I’m so sorry Dahyun-ssi.”

 

Dahyun’s cheeks are still flushed red and she still has her hands over her cheek. “It’s… it’s okay. I was surprised, but it’s a good kind of surprise. Don’t worry about it.” She smiles and continues, “Besides, it’s my fortune to be kissed by such a beauty.” 

 

Sana just blushes beet red.

 

--

 

By lunch, Sana is reduced to a blubbering mess. She takes pride in her A+ flirting game, but Dahyun is on a whole new level. The girl sends compliments her way, but she doesn’t compliment her like those greasy guys who’s obviously flirting with her to get into her pants. Every compliment from her sounds sincere and from the bottom of her heart. There is just no way she can function with how Dahyun is staring at her like she’s the most precious thing in the near vicinity. It’s lunch and she thinks she can finally take a break from those intense stares when Mina comes back their lunch and two other people.

 

“You guys wouldn’t mind if we sit here, right?” Jihyo asks, ever courteous and Sana sits a little straighter in her seat seeing that Dahyun and her has joined them. She shakes her head as they take their seats. Mina puts the bento in front of her, and they begin to tuck in. Sana can barely keep the food in her stomach with all the butterflies in there, Dahyun still not ceasing her intense stares even when there are no cameras on them. She’s almost about to bolt and run when her saviour turns up, pouncing on Dahyun and breaking her stare on Sana.

 

“Hey yo what’s up my man!” Jeongyeon calls out as she pounces on Dahyun, causing the girl to choke on her food. Jihyo immediately gives her stink eye to her before attending to Dahyun, patting her back and offering her water. After getting her bearings back, Dahyun turns to glare at Jeongyeon, who just chortles as she ruffles her hair. “Sorry, my bad.”

 

Jeongyeon turns to look at Sana, who looks like a deer caught in headlights. “Ah, you must be Sana. Nice to meet you!” She greets and holds out her hand, which Sana takes shakily. She turns to look at Mina. “And you are?”

 

“Sana’s manager, Mina.” Mina greets, taking Jeongyeon’s hand in hers. Jeongyeon frowns, hands still holding on to Mina’s. “Well I kid you not Mina-ssi, but I think I have seen you somewhere before…”

 

Before she can even fathom where she saw Mina from, Jeongyeon yelps at the pain in her ears, immediately letting go of Mina’s hand to clutch at it. “I leave you for 1 second and here you are flirting with such a cliché pick-up line?” Nayeon huffs as she twists Jeongyeon’s ears, who immediately pats the former on the back to announce her defeat. Sana could barely contain her squeal when she sees Nayeon and Jeongyeon right in front of her eyes, and even having a moment together.

 

“I wasn’t hitting on her, she just really looks very familiar!” Jeongyeon whines as she rubs her throbbing ear and Jihyo just snickers at the old couple. Jeongyeon immediately points a finger at her, like a warning. “Not funny, Park Jihyo.”

 

“I can’t believe I’m seeing TM right in front of me…” Sana mutters, and it’s only when she sees that everyone is staring at her that she realizes she said that out loud. She gulps and laughs sheepishly.

 

“Don’t faint yet, there’s still one more of us that you haven’t seen.” Jeongyeon jokes. “But where did she go though? I thought she came here with you guys early in the morning.”

 

“Don’t talk about her,” Dahyun grits in mock anger, “She abandoned us and went back to the studio!”

 

“Hey at least she came!” Nayeon retorts, unable to stand any type of criticism against her child.

 

“You are just playing favourites!” Dahyun sulks and Nayeon immediately coos and hugs her. Sana’s face actually hurts from smiling at the playful banter between the members and she just can’t wait for the mess when all five of them are finally gathered together.

 

--

 

Her phone rings, and Chaeyoung takes off her headphones as she looks at the caller ID. It’s Jeongyeon, and Chaeyoung answers it with a smile, knowing where the conversation will likely go.

 

“Hello?”

 

“My little bro you gotta come to the filming set right now!” Jeongyeon speaks in hushed, urgent whispers and Chaeyoung just shakes her head as she looks at the papers in her hand. “What happened now?”

 

“Saida’s chemistry is explosive, you got to see this with your own eyes!” Jeongyeon exclaims.

 

“Saida?” Chaeyoung is confused, the only ‘saida’ she knows is the cider drink.

 

“Sana and Dahyun!” Jeongyeon tells her and Chaeyoung face palms. Leave it to Jeongyeon to come up with a ship name for two people who just met today.

 

“Yah, I’m hanging up.” Chaeyoung says, thinking that she has spent enough time entertaining Jeongyeon.

 

“Wait that’s not the best part!” Jeongyeon shouts and Chaeyoung brings her phone back to her ears. Jeongyeon pauses a few seconds for dramatic effect. “Her manager is also extremely hot,” Jeongyeon whispers as she cups her hands over the phone, “but also extremely familiar and it’s killing me because I just can’t remember where I saw her from.”

 

Chaeyoung is not even joking but she sincerely felt her main rapper’s position being threatened there for a moment at Jeongyeon’s rap. She just chuckles. “She must be your ex or something. Look, I will keep your secret safe from Nayeon-unnie, so I’ll talk to you later, okay?”

 

--

 

It takes the second call to truly make her intrigued. It’s Yerim, who immediately starts talking when the call goes through.

 

“Yah I will give you some credit this time, you got a pretty decent actress.” Yerim comments on the phone. She must have went down to visit the filming set, and Chaeyoung smiles smugly even though Yerim can’t see it.

 

“Yeah, I told you to leave it to me, didn’t I?” Chaeyoung says proudly as she clicks on her computer.

 

“Are you coming for the after party later?” Yerim asks, before interrupting. “Nah screw it, I think the shoot will wrap up in another hour, so I will text you the address.”

 

“Kim Yerim-ssi, I have three moms in my band already I really don’t need another mom to make decisions for me.” Chaeyoung deadpans.

 

“Oh shush, listen to your unnie.”

 

“What unnie? You are only older than me by like, 18 days!” Chaeyoung retorts.

 

“Aww I knew it, you prefer ‘Oppa’! Oppa-yah!” Yeri tuts and Chaeyoung makes a mental note to throttle Kim Yerim when she meets her. “I’m going, and I’m going to put my hands around your neck to squeeze the life out of you.”

 

Yeri just guffaws. “No, but seriously, you should come and show your face to your super fan. She flew all the way here from Japan.”

 

That is true, it’s only basic courtesy to go and greet Sana for taking time off time off her busy schedules to film their music video. Chaeyoung sighs. “Alright, I will wrap up over here and meet you guys there.”

 

“Great. Besides, she’s really pretty, you won’t be disappointed. Although you may have lost your chance with her already because Dahyun-unnie is obviously smitten with her.” Yeri says but interjects, “Oh but her manager is pretty decent too, you can have her if you want.”

 

“Thanks for your concern but the only thing I want right now is for you to take your nosy nose out of my love life, thank you very much. I’m hanging up!” Chaeyoung declares and hangs up on Yeri. They are all celebrities themselves, they see good looking people all the time so it takes a lot to surprise them. But the fact that two people got shocked by a mere manager? Well that’s the first time that ever happened. Chaeyoung is definitely curious now.

 

--

 

Chaeyoung spots Yeri as she nears the restaurant, the girl on the phone with her back towards her. Chaeyoung pulls off her earphones, smirking as she tiptoes towards the girl, wanting to scare her. She is about three feet behind Yeri when she hears the girl’s conversation on the phone.

 

“Okay, take care. I love you too.” Yerim greets and hums before ending the call. She turns around only to be shocked by Chaeyoung, who just stands behind her, hands outstretched. Although she missed the chance to scare Yerim, Chaeyoung feels like she has gotten an even bigger deal. She smirks.

 

“’I love you’?!” Chaeyoung repeats and holds Yerim in a headlock. “Spill! Who was that?!”

 

“I will tell you if you let me go.” Yerim huffs and Chaeyoung promptly lets her go. She coughs for air before standing up straight to look at Chaeyoung sheepishly. She takes a deep breath before confessing, “It's Saeron.”

 

Chaeyoung perks up at that name. She has heard Yerim mentioned it a few times in passing, but she didn't know they are already at that stage. “Woah, how long has it been?” She asked as she drapes her arm around Yerim’s shoulders, the two heading into the restaurant.

 

“Around 1 month? I wanted to tell you when we are more settled down, but you caught us.” Yerim sighs as she leads the way to where their table is.

 

“Good job, I’m so proud of you.” Chaeyoung coos as she ruffles Yerim’s hair. Yerim stops before the door to the VIP room, pulling on Chaeyoung’s shirt to stop her. “I haven't told my unnies, so please keep it a secret.”

 

“Aigoo,” Chaeyoung tuts as she ruffles her friend’s hair once again. “I got it.” She chuckles as she opens the door, her unnies immediately exclaiming the moment they see her.

 

“Yah, what a rare guest we have today.” Jeongyeon exclaims.

 

“As expected, only Yerim can bring the great caveman out of her cave.” Dahyun teases and Chaeyoung just laughs at how wrong Dahyun’s insinuation is. If only Dahyun knows what she just found out, she wouldn't be saying that. Fighting the urge to say out Yerim’s secret, she lets go of Yerim and makes her way to the head of the table where their super fan is seated. She’s beside Dahyun, staring at her with sparkling eyes and Chaeyoung knows without a doubt that’s her.

 

“Hello, Sana right? Thank you for agreeing to feature in our music video, even though we had the tiest co-star for you.” Chaeyoung greets while holding out her hands, not forgetting to diss Dahyun while she’s at it. Dahyun immediately fakes a punch at her, which she moves back to avoid while laughing. Sana takes her hands with a big smile “The pleasure’s mine.”

 

Chaeyoung shakes Sana’s hand earnestly and shoots her a smile, knowing that her dimple is definitely showing from the blush of the latter. Dahyun looks at their entwined hands and pulls them apart. “Yah, yah that’s enough.”

 

Chaeyoung’s eyebrows raises at Dahyun’s actions. Is the ever confident dubu actually… jealous? She shoots an incredulous look at Jeongyeon who nods, confirming her thoughts. Wow, guess Yerim isn’t wrong after all when she said Dahyun was smitten with her. She just grins, already planning out her game plan on how to once they get back to the dorms. Dahyun clears , trying to save herself from the hot seat she inevitably placed herself in. “Anyway, this is Mina, Sana’s manager.”

 

Ah, the manager everyone is raving over, Chaeyoung thinks, ready to greet whoever the new face is. Her smile immediately drops. Sitting there in all her glory is the person she misses and hates the most, the person who she has been writing songs after songs for. That’s when she realizes she doesn’t hate her. She just forgot how much she loves her with all their jam-packed schedules.

 

“What a ing joke.” Chaeyoung mutters, but she knows everyone in the room heard her well, judging from Jihyo and Nayeon’s gasps. Before they can reprimand her for her language, she snorts and makes her way to the door, almost pulling the knob off the door from her force. She storms off. She shouldn’t have invited Sana, shouldn’t have come to this stupid wrap up party. She hears Jeongyeon calling after her, hears the hurried footsteps indicating that she's catching up with her, and she runs. She's not ready to explain her errant behavior, and definitely not ready to see Myoui Mina again. So she runs. 

 

--

a/n: ANYONE EXPECTED THAT?!