"Will You Spoon Me?"

Typical Mr. Darcy

 

Lee Taeyong hates crowded and noisy place. He doesn’t like the sound of loud music beating into his eardrums and especially the smoke of cigarettes floating in front of his face.

 

He wouldn’t have to enter this disgusting place or what they normally called a bar if it wasn’t for his hoobae, Lee Donghyuck and his boyfriend, Mark Lee, who he thought had broke up already. But no. On the contrary, they are currently celebrating their first anniversary and as the lodger of Donghyuck’s apartment, Taeyong had no choice but to join them.

 

“Hyung, I gotta pee.” Donghyuck nudged Taeyong who was sitting beside him.

 

“What?!” Taeyong yelled over the loud music.

 

“Toilet!” Donghyuck yelled back as he motioned towards the restroom.

 

Taeyong’s face paled. He hates being left alone in this kind of place.

 

“What? No! You can’t leave me here alone! Where’s your boyfriend anyway?” Taeyong craned his neck, squinting his eyes toward the crowded dance floor, trying to find his hoobae’s boyfriend.

 

“He’s also inside the restroom. Please let me go, I can’t hold it.” Donghyuck whined as he covered his crotch and cross his legs.

 

“Okay! But don’t take too long!” Taeyong gave up and Donghyuck winked as a response before he left.

 

Taeyong sighed, trying to enjoy the bar alone. He hummed while bobbing his head, actually enjoying the music. As the night falls and the beat continues to drop, the steady stream of people also continues.

 

Taeyong felt so thirsty. He had been drinking coke for the past hour and knowing his low alcohol tolerance, drinking the liquid the lovebirds had ordered for him is clearly a no-no. Who knows what kind of drink they bought for him. So he had no choice other than to make his way to the bar.

 

“Excuse me, do you have water?” Taeyong asked the bartender in front of him.

 

“Water? What kind of water?” The bartender replied curtly. His voice, deep and raspy.

 

“Uh, mineral water?” Taeyong raised his voice because of loud music blasting around them.

 

“You came here to drink mineral water?” The bartender deadpanned.

 

Taeyong nodded innocently.

 

“How about I make something fresh for you?” The bartender offered kindly.

 

Taeyong shook his head vigorously. “I’m sorry, I’m not a good drinker.”

 

“I promise, this won’t make you drunk. Wait a moment please.” The bartender insisted then he started working; mixing and shaking despite Taeyong’s protest of ‘no thank you’s’.

 

“Here, try it.” The bartender served the finished drink in front of him.

 

Taeyong sighed. “I really…” He too confused to say something so he just gave up and asked what kind of drink it was.

 

“Lemonade. It will be refreshing in this hot, crowded place.”

 

“You sure I won’t get drunk?” Taeyong asked again.

 

The bartender only winked as he went to the next costumer two chairs away.

 

“Bourbon, neat.” Taeyong heard the guy ordered from the bartender.

 

How do people drink so easily? He thought while sipping his new drink.

 

Hmm… not bad. It really is just lemonade. Taeyong thought to himself. He took out the straw and chose to gulp down the drink.

 

Taeyong smiled to himself, feeling pretty fine. Maybe he’s not the light drinker as everyone thought he was.

 

“Hey, can I have another glass?” Taeyong asked the bartender while the latter only smirked, working on his next glass.

 

“It’s nice right? Here’s another,” the bartender swapped the empty glass on Taeyong’s hand with the full one.

 

“Thanks.” Taeyong stirred the glass with the straw first then sipped the drink happily while waiting for his friends, who were suspiciously still in the restroom.

 

He was trying to get comfortable on his seat when he overheard the conversation between the bartender and the guy with bourbon.

 

“How’s business recently, Wonshik?” The guy asked. His voice is velvety but loud enough for Taeyong to distinguish from the bartender’s.

 

“Pretty good.” The bartender replied while pouring another bourbon to the guy’s glass. “How about you Sir? Rough day?” He asked back.

 

“Not really. I’m just tired.” The guy answered and they both laughed. The bartender named Wonshik excused himself to serve another guest.

 

So he’s a regular here. Taeyong told himself, trying to stare at the blonde guy discreetly.

 

Taeyong smiled secretly in his glass. “He’s not even foreigner and he had that kind of hair color.” He mumbled then he gulped down his drink.

 

Taeyong put his hand under his chin, wondering where the hell Donghyuck and Mark are when everything seems to start moving.

 

No way! Taeyong thought. The shelves of bottles behind the bartender started to tilt sideways and his vision slightly blurred at the edges.

 

Taeyong tried to close his eyes for a while and chanted inside his head.

 

I’m not drunk.

 

I’m fine.

 

It was just lemonade.

 

Was it?

 

Taeyong opened his eyes but nothing seems to work. His vision is still blurry. He tried to get up from his chair to search for those rascals.  He stumbled and bumped onto the blonde guy who sitting two chairs from him. He almost fell if the guy hadn’t hold out his arms.

 

Taeyong blinked his eyes few times trying to remain conscious.

 

“Sowrrryy,” He said and he didn’t know why it sounded so long.

 

The blonde guy released Taeyong’s arms and said shortly. “Are you okay? Are you drunk?”

 

Taeyong noticed the guy’s voice is actually pretty deep, quite different while he talked with the bartender earlier.

 

Taeyong shook his head. “I’m… fine. I’m just… uhh...,” He rambled a lot and he can see despite his blurry vision, the blonde guy brows were furrowed in confusion but he said nothing.

 

Taeyong let out a loud giggle. He suddenly felt chills all over his body and he felt like he’ll freeze to death anytime soon. He hugged himself, trying to find warmth within his arms.

 

Uh oh. I’m totally drunk.

 

“Hey.” Taeyong called the blonde guy.

 

“Hmm?” The blonde guy stared curiously.

 

Taeyong shivered under the intense gaze.

 

“Will you spoon me… tonight?”

 

Taeyong bit his lips, unsure of the words that just came out his mouth. But he’s pretty sure the alcohol already took over his consciousness…

***

Tired.

 

A single word which sums up his condition right now. As the COO of NCT Enterprises Group, one of the biggest corporations in South Korea leading in real estate business, Jung Jaehyun can’t simply afford to miss a single meeting.

 

When he arrived at the Crimson that night, he went directly to the bar counter like he always does. You can call him a regular here since the bar was only a few blocks away from his office.

 

“Bourbon, neat.” He ordered after he saw Wonshik, the bartender, who came to take his order.

 

Wonshik slid his order. He sipped his drink slowly while scanning the bar around. It was crowded as usual. Then his eyes landed on the black haired guy who sat two chairs away from him.

 

Despite the dimmed lights inside the bar, Jaehyun can see the guy’s face clearly. He had pretty long eyelashes which fluttered everytime he blinked. His pink lips formed cutely while he sipped the straw, and he had flawless skin.

 

Attractive. Jaehyun thought to himself.

 

Jaehyun moved his eyes and asked Wonshik for another drink.

 

“How’s business recently, Wonshik?” He asked, trying to make a small conversation.

 

“Pretty good.” The bartender answered while pouring bourbon to Jaehyun’s glass. “How about you Sir? Rough day?” The former asked back.

 

“Not really. I’m just tired.” Jaehyun answered and they both laughed until Wonshik excused himself to serve another guest.

 

Jaehyun felt the attractive black haired guy eyeing him secretly and his pink lips formed a smile. Jaehyun can’t help but to get curious while his smile. He continued to watch the guy as the latter muttered to himself before he gulped down his drink.

 

Jaehyun just smirked and also emptied his bourbon. He wanted to leave when suddenly someone bumped onto him.

 

The black haired guy.

 

He’s definitely attractive with his face just a few inches from Jaehyun’s face; and definitely drunk when Jaehyun heard the ‘sowrryyy’ sounds he made.

 

Jaehyun hold onto his arms as the guy tried to stand straight. He noticed how his arms were a lot smaller and smoother than his.

 

Focus, Jae! Focus!

 

Jaehyun released his arms and asked. “Are you okay? Are you drunk?”

 

The black haired guy blinked his eyes a few times, making his long eyelashes flutter then he shook his head.

 

“I’m… fine. I’m just… uhh...,” He rambled and Jaehyun brows furrowed in confusion but he chose to said nothing.

 

The black haired guy suddenly let out loud giggle and he hugged himself as if he’s cold.

 

Jaehyun continued to admire the guy’s features when the guy called him.

 

“Hmm?” Jaehyun stared curiously.

 

He noticed the guy shivered before he opened his lips and said.

 

“Will you spoon me… tonight?”

 

Jaehyun brains blanked out for a second before he let out a disbelief laugh.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

The black haired guy who he concluded was definitely drunk, who in their right mind would ask a stranger to spoon him and in a bar nonetheless, just blinked his eyes confusedly.

 

“Are you alone here? You should go home,” Jaehyun finally responded.

 

The black haired guy suddenly put his palms on his mouth. “I’m feeling sick.”

 

Jaehyun’s eyes widened in horror when suddenly, the guy puked on his pants, on his thighs specifically.

 

“Hey! What the…!” Jaehyun abruptly stood up but the drunk guy’s body fell on top of his chest, hugging him and not moving at all.

 

“Hey, are you insane?! Wonshik! Wonshik!” Jaehyun called the bartender hurriedly.

 

“Yes Sir?” Wonshik turned to him and looked surprised to find Jaehyun being hugged by someone.

 

“Do you know him? Did he come here alone?” Jaehyun held Taeyong’s body and propped him on the chair beside him.

 

Wonshik observed Taeyong’s face for a while. “He fainted? Over only two glasses of Tom Collins?!”

 

“Hey answer my question first.” Jaehyun hissed, now sweaty and pissed off.

 

“I don’t know Sir. I didn’t see him with someone. Sorry, Sir.” Wonshik said before serving another customer.

 

Jaehyun gritted his teeth in frustration and shifted his gaze towards the unconscious guy. His mouth is dirty from the puking. Jaehyun tried to clean it with his handkerchief and tried the same thing on his thigh which was proven useless because of the stain it left. He gave up and threw the handkerchief on the floor.

 

Ugh, damn. What should I do? Okay, think rationally Jae. Check for his identity.

 

Jaehyun tried to search for a wallet but he found nothing.

 

Is he homeless? He even has no phone.

 

Jaehyun massaged his temple.

 

But definitely an attractive hobo.

 

Jaehyun can’t deny it.

 

But he’s not sure if his definition of attractive specifically means a drunk stranger who asked you to spoon him in the middle night inside the crowded bar then suddenly pukes on your thigh…

***

Author's ramble corner: I'm so sowrrryyy for the delayed updates. I'm surprised peoples already subs and even leave kind comments here. I'm so happy and touched T.T So, um this is the first chapter and i'm new here so hope you will stuck with this for a while XD Thank you for my amazing beta RedLux9❤❤ and thank you everyone who read this between your busy time❤❤ Please tell me what do you think about this. Subs, comments, and upvotes are really appreciated ❤❤❤

*Other characters profiles will appear as the story progressing. 

*Neat: in bartending terminology it means a single, unmixed liquor served without being chilled and without any water, ice, or other mixer.

*Tom Collins: cocktail made from gin, lemon juice, sugar, and carbonated water. You can found the recipe here.