「3: Of Painful Memories and Him」

{EDITING HIATUS} Dancing Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were back in the dance studio. This time you were alone as it was still the wee hours of the morning. Only Hoseok would be this early. This thought sent a jolt of pain through your chest. You shook your head. Time to focus. The music of Boy Meets Evil came and you got ready. You danced the same way Hoseok taught you and as the music became foreign, you repeated the routine. You didn't want to spoil the dance Hoseok haven't finished choreographing, nor try to change any of the moves.

The music changed and you huffed, taking a quick break before you went on. A spin with your arms stretched out, legs splitting wide as you jumped and a fold into yourself. Doing a roll backwards, you rose up on your knees and did a hand rolling move from right to left and jumped up. However, your legs haven't recovered and you stumbled, almost slamming onto the ground.

Standing up once again, you breathed hard and stared at the mirror. You were a haggard mess, with your hair askew from your hair tie and your bloodshot eyes from the lack of sleep. You flashed back to when you last looked like this. 

It was days leading up to a very important dance competition. You had originally asked Hoseok to be with you in a moment of impulse, but you forgot to realise he was one of the best in the dance class and you were just barely scrapping by in the middle ranks.

You wanted to give up when Hoseok showed you his moves. You just look more like a jellyfish squirming next to someone like him. He was way eons more skilled than you'll ever be, and it would take years for you to catch up. How were you going to make sure you can catch up to him in order to match him to make it for the competition? You're a fool to try to aim for the sky when you've barely emerged from the ground as a seedling.

Hoseok was there observing you while you're lost in your world blaming yourself. "Erm, hello?" He said tentatively, making your head whip up and glance up at him with a guilty look. "You know your dance skills are fine, do you know that?" He continued, making you look confused. "For a starter." He elaborated. "You're improving quite immensely through these few weeks you're here. I can see your hard work and passion shining through." He preceeded to praise you, making your head duck in embarrassment.

"Don't worry about our difference in skills. We'll work something out." He reached out a hesitant hand to softly pat your shoulder. His fingers then trailed down to grab your hand. "Come on, let's practice. We need a routine fast so we can then work on our sync. We ain't got a lot of time left." He smiled at you, showing his pearly w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter