「2: Again, I Fall」

{EDITING HIATUS} Dancing Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin scratched the nape of his neck and laughed. "No, you know I can't cook. Seokjin hyung did, and I got him to cook this with Hoseok's-" he stopped halfway, realising his mistake. Your chopsticks had fallen off your hands upon hearing his name. They clattered down on the tray noisily. All that appetite you had before was now gone, replaced with that familiar churn of guilt.

You were in the kitchen, perched on the bar stool. Your legs swing back and forth as you gazed at Hoseok's back. He was clad in a ridiculously pink apron - most likely Seokjin's - and he was chopping up some spring onions. "What are you making me today, O great hope?" You teased, making him chuckle in amusement.

"Don't say that nickname again, or else I'll chuck something at you." he jokingly threatened. He turned around to pretend to glare at you. You raised your hands in surrender, widening your eyes to look innocent. He turned back and you quickly stuck your tongue out, hoping he won't sense it. Thankfully he didn't as he was absorbed in his task. The smell of spicy rice cakes soon filled the kitchen, making you drool in anticipation.

"And it's done!" He announced, placing a steaming plate of spicy rice cakes in front of you. Grabbing a pair of chopsticks, you immediately picked up a rice cake and blew on it. You then popped it in your mouth, feeling the sauce fill your taste buds with pleasure. "It's so delicious." you commented, reaching out to take another piece. "How did you make this? I know you can't cook." You raised my eyebrows.

He laughed sheepishly. "I got my mum's recipe to make this dish here. In addition, I also did some practice runs with her to be able to create this masterpiece." he confessed, his eyes looking down. For someone who can't cook to save his life, making the dish - much less even making it so delicious - was a great feat. Your eyes suddenly watered as you felt touched by his sincerity and effort. 

Hoseok came closer to you and tilted your head up. "Are you crying?" he sounded panicky as his finger reached up to your cheek to wipe the tear away. "Is it that bad? It shouldn't be so.. Mum said it was okay!" he muttered as he went in search for some tissue. "Hoseok." you said. He didn't hear you as the ruckus he was making in his panicked state overpowered your voice. "Hoseok!" you raised your voice, making him stop. He rushed back to you and looked at you, concern in his eyes.

"I'm fine. I just felt so blessed and touched that you did all these for me." You explained, your hand reaching to touch his jaw softly. He sighed and looked back at you, a wide smile on his face. "You scared me for a moment there." He said and lightly pinched my cheek, making you reach up and swat his hand away. He laughed happily, making you smile too.

"Y/N?" you snapped out of the flashback again. Jimin was looking at you worriedly. You shook your head. Picking up the chopsticks, you continued eating like nothing happened. You soon finished and you pushed the tray into Jimin's hands, ushering him out. Jimin protested but you just pushed harder, and quickly closed the door on his face. By now, it was too hard to keep it all in. Tears streamed down your cheeks as you placed a hand in your mouth, trying to stifle the sobs. Jimin was banging the door, demanding to be let in but you ignored hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter