Chapter 3: Childhood friend

Ms. Rebellious.

After I finished cleaning up the smooth cement floor with a mop, I sat down on a random chair at the fried chicken restaurant, where I worked part-time for, to rest for a while as I wiped off the sweat from my head.

Yes, I worked part-time even though I was rich. I just wanted to save my OWN money and leave the ty house as soon as I could without suffering from the financial problem.

What a long awful day. 

I sighed as I recalled the happening day I had earlier on.

First, I went to a ridiculously weird and nasty high school and bumped into someone I shouldn’t mess with and got a warning from the trios who came up to me suddenly asking me to leave the school.

Then I met a drunk customer who tried to touch my bum as if I was like a hooker in front of my childhood friend who decided to make a surprise visit which I totally didn’t welcome him at all.

He punched the customer straight into his face and made a mess in the restaurant with broken plates and furniture. I had to apologise to halmeoni repeatedly even though she said it was okay because my childhood friend was trying to protect me from the ert, but still, I was guilty and decided to pay the broken plates and furniture through my pay.

Jihae-ah, go home and rest.” Halmeoni frowned when she saw me resting.

“Just a bit more after I take the trash out!” I quickly stood up from my seat and pretended that I wasn’t tired at all.

“It’s your first day of school, you must be tired going through everything again. The boy is waiting for you outside, don’t keep him waiting.” Halmeoni pointed to the boy standing outside.

I looked over and sighed. Can’t he leave me alone?

“Alright, halmeoni. Only if you promise me that you will use my pay to buy new plates and furniture.” I bargained with her.

At first, she refused to take my pay for the damaged but she finally gave up and took my apron away from me before pushing me to the exit with my bag.

“Fine. You better rest well, okay?” she patted my shoulder and pouted a teenage girl.

Yeah, that was how cute halmeoni was.

“You too, halmeoni. Goodnight!” I waved goodbye.

“Goodnight, sweetheart.” Halmeoni smiled and locked the exit after I stepped out from the restaurant.

I turned around and faced the unwelcome guy I was talking about who punched the customer in his face. I knew he was helping me but making a mess in the restaurant was certainly wrong. He could have brought the man out and punched him....

Well, whatever it was. What done have been done and he was looking at me with a frown and I could tell that he was mad.

VERY mad to be exact.

I sighed and walked towards him because I knew there were a few explanations I needed to do because he has the rights to know about what happened to me, we were childhood friends after all.

“Care to explain, young lady?” he folded his arms as he leant at the car.

"I told you to never come here and you promise me that! Look what you have done! Punch a customer?! Are you nuts?” I frowned and snapped at him even though I told myself to at least, try not to lose my cool at him.

He was the only one who knew I was working part-time job but he didn’t know I was working to earn cash to leave the evil house. He thought I was working for experiences behind my parents' back.

“You did not tell me you transferred school! I can talk to my parents about that, you know… of all schools, why YG High? It’s all the way to the west!” Doyoung snapped back at me.

That was right, my childhood called Doyoung, Kim Doyoung, and if you wondered what was his position in SM Academy, he was from NCT and his parents owned SM Academy.

He was like the prince of SM Academy. Everybody loves him and adores him.

“Do I look like I have a choice? Your parents said that the way I acted was a form of disgrace to the school, having me in the school would only tarnish the image. I was left with no choice!” I retorted back at him.

“I told you I can talk to my parents!” Doyoung tried to argue.

“No. Let’s not make things embarrassing for me to beg someone to take me back to the school. I’m fine being in YG High, and what’s the problem for going to school from North to West? I don’t see a problem.” I folded my arms and frowned deeply at him.

It wasn’t like I couldn’t wake up to travel, right? I just didn't understand why was everyone so worked up over the fact that I lived in the North or going to school at the West when I was from the North.

“You don’t know how ruthless the north’s people are yet when they know you are from the west.Doyoung said and his eyes started shifting elsewhere but me.

What does he mean? Is that why Bobby looked triggered when he heard I was from north? And the trios were talking about sending me back to north…what is that all about?

I thought through the whole entire thing that happened and it make kind of sense on why the trios were so unwelcoming to me.

They were foes.

“That’s yours and their business.” I snapped back.

Because certainly it was their hatred towards one another and there was nothing to do with me. I didn't know they were foes to begin with.

“You’re from north, they will take you as our bait. Stop being so stubborn, Kwon Jihae.” Doyoung frowned and snapped at me. “You don’t know what danger you just put yourself into.”

The way Kim Doyoung spoke just literally triggered me and I swore I was fuming with anger at him. He could have use a better choice of words.

“Oh is it? Will you kindly mind your own business, please? I’m fine not caring about whatever north, south, east, west, you’re talking about. If that’s the way you wanna talk to me then don’t ever come and find me here or contact me.”

He ticked me off and I walked away after rolling my eyes at him for being such a to me. Calling me stubborn when he doesn’t even know I was forced to go YG High in the first place.

“Where do you think you are going?” he grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

“Anywhere but not with you.” I angrily said.

He sighed at my stubbornness and offered, “It’s late, I’ll send you home.”

“Oh no, I’m afraid my stubbornness will corrupt your expensive mind. Leave me alone!” I pulled away from his grip and continued walking.

“Would you stop?” he chased after me and blocked my way, stopping me from walking away again.

“Are you serious that we are going to do this in the public?” I questioned.

“I don’t care.” He frowned.

I nodded my head knowing that he wasn’t going to give up once he set his mind on me going back home with his ride.

“I’m not going home. And if you know want to know where I am going…. I am going to Hanbin’s.” I smirked when he froze on the spot as soon as I mentioned the name.

I knew Hanbin’s name would trigger him but I didn’t know it would be in such a good use.

Thank you, Hanbin. You save me from this nosy guy.

I took the chance to slip off when Doyoung was still staring into space with his jaw slightly ajar from me mentioning of Hanbin’s name, I quickly left the scene before he decided to snap back into reality and stop me again.