Chapter 1: Being Rich .

Ms. Rebellious.

Being rich must be everyone’s dream, but that certainly not mine.

I never wish I was rich and I never wanted to be rich. I was born rich and that was probably the worst thing that ever happened in my life.

I knew I shouldn't complain when I have all the money in the world because there were people out there who were so much poorer and they needed money. But you guys probably didn't hear about how bad was it being rich, right?

This is the story of my life.

My name is Kwon Jihae. I was born in a well-known family who was famous for their wealth- The Kwon. Corporations.

Ranging from department store to electronics to fashion to cosmetics, etc. Everywhere and everything seemed like it belongs to the Kwon’s.

Of course, having us globally known, we must keep our image good always. Man… you guys didn't know how hard it was.

Since young I was educated on what were the things I shouldn't do and what were the things I should shamelessly do it with confident because it was an opportunity and I must grab it by all means.

It was hard for me due to my young age, and I always hated it.

Because I was born in an expensive family, I learn piano and ballet several hours during the weekends and I wasn't allowed to fail any of my academics.

It would be a disgrace if I did.

I tried so hard to put up all those s for the past 18 years of my life and they still thought I wasn't good enough to keep up the good image of the Kwon’s family.

My elder brother, Kwon Jiyong. He left the house when I was 12 years old, leaving me with the evil parents.

I knew that he couldn't put up with my parents anymore, but I didn't expect him to leave without me. I didn’t know his whereabouts ever since that day and I still longing for him after all those years.

My parents became stricter too because they didn’t want me to leave like how my brother did. I was their only inheritor which means more things I must learn especially in the business world.

I felt like I couldn’t breathe properly under them and I wanted to leave the place as soon as possible when I have the ability to.

I started rebelling on this and that, but they still do it in their way because they didn't want me to tarnish their company’s image with my misbehaviours.

I did thick make-up, which apparently my parents didn't like it and called me for looking a , I played pranks in school and even fought with some stuck up es.

I knew when it was the right time to rebel and when was not, I just wanted them to leave me alone. The more they wanted to control me, the more I rebel against them.

I was big enough to think.

 

“Miss, we reached.” My chauffeur told me.

I nodded my head and sighed before turning up the music in my earpiece. I wanted to block out from all the noises because I was anti-social just like that.

I hate being socialised to people.

 

It was the start of a new school again.

I have been changing school several times because all those prestigious schools couldn't take my nonsense anymore and that was when my parents decided to send me to a neighbourhood school.

Well, they said that was a form of punishment to make me suffer like a poverty blah blah blah…. Anyway, I didn't hate the arrangement at all.

In fact, I love it.

I just hate the rich. They were all so fake and stuck up. Nothing about them was true and I couldn't even rely on anyone when I needed help. They were all helpless.

I went to the administration office to report for my first day to finalise all the official documents before I was finally brought to my assigned class.

Okay, at first I thought that it was just a normal neighbourhood high school with average and ordinary students around but, I was wrong.

Totally wrong.

The moment I walked down the hallway, my sixth sense told me that the school wasn't any ordinary school especially when there were graffiti all over.

It wasn't any graffiti that you could call it as a form of art, but it was graffiti with vulgarities! You could also see students making out at the hallway which truly disgusts me and the teacher who was bringing me to my class wasn't stopping them either.

“Here's your class, get in.” The teacher just simply told me and left me off dumbfounded.

Unlike those prestigious school when the teacher would bring you into the class and introduce you to them.

It was so different.

Without knowing what to do, I slide the door opened and entered the class cautiously. Everyone was busy minding their own things which were a good thing for me since I hated introduction.

Are they allow to do drugs in school? I thought weirdly when I saw a couple of them sniffing glue and smoking weed by the window.

My stomach started to fill up with butterflies because I have never seen such a scene in my whole life before and I didn't know how to tackle it. It was so different that it made me nervous.

I was kind of afraid that I wasn't able to adapt the new environment well.

I took small little steps backwards as thoughts were racing across my mind aimlessly without having a plan to conclude.

Should I just go home or should I just stay until the end of school?

Everything was so horrifying. No wonder my parents said that it was a form of punishment for me. I totally understood their intention but it wouldn’t hit me that hard, to be honest. I have faith in myself that I would overcome all of those horrifying scenes soon.

My little steps backwards stopped until I hit something hard, and yet soft, against my back. I turned around and saw a figure glaring down at me for bumping into his well-built chest.

If my poker face was infamous back in all those previous schools I had attended, his poker face was twice worse than mine.

“Oh? New student? Can't believe someone actually transferred to our school!” A guy from the back came to sight with a surprised face and snickered at me.

That was when I realised there were several guys behind the figure I bumped into. Seven in total, included the one who was glaring at me.

I swallowed the lump down my throat and looked back at him with a firm look, pretending that I was not afraid of him.

Well, I was taught if you look weak. You lose.

“Aren’t you going in? You are blocking our way.” Another guy asked, but in a friendly way.

“Oh yeah…” I blinked a few times before stepping aside to let them make their way in the class.

As soon as they sat in their seats, I found an empty spot at the corner of the class near the windows.

I skipped my way to the seat thinking that everything was going to be good after all those, but right at that moment, everything went wrong again as soon as I kept my hopes high.

The one I just bumped into blocked my way with his leg to forbid me in getting through to the empty seat.

I frowned and looked at him.

Urghh… what does he wants?! I mentally rolled my eyes at him.

Apologise.” He said and glared at me as if he could read what my mind was thinking.

“Why?” I asked back.

He didn't reply me and nodded his head towards the door where the little incident happened just a while ago.

I finally understood what he meant and nodded.

“Sorry.” I sighed and apologised since I wasn't some uneducated woman who doesn't know basic manner.

He accepted my apology and let down his leg making way for me to the empty seat. After putting down my bag, the person sitting in front of me turned behind with a friendly smile.

A smile that makes his eyes completely disappeared…. It was the guy who spoke to me first.

“Try not to mess with him. You wouldn't want to get into any troubles with our Hanbin.” He pointed to the guy who was sitting beside me.

Ohhh… so he called Hanbin? What a nice name for such a lame guy.

“Don't call me that.” Hanbin heard it and snapped at the guy.

“Whatever.” He rolled his eyes before turning back to me. “My name is Bobby and you don't look like someone who lived in the neighbourhood. Where do you live?” He asked curiously.

“North?” I shrugged and simply replied.

The moment I mentioned the word “North”, I could see Bobby’s facial expression changed.

He was no longer smiling and he tightens his jaws as I could feel tensions building up.

Did I say something wrong?

“Okay…” that was Bobby replied after a few great seconds staring at me with a frown.

He turned back to front and that when I heard Hanbin scoffed at me.

Seriously, I swore there was something wrong with that Hanbin guy. He scoffed at me for no reason, okay maybe he scoffed at me because I lived at North, but what's wrong?!

Was it because living in the North was for the rich people and he couldn't stand rich people just like how I did?

I ignored him because 'ignorance is bliss' and nobody got time for his nonsense. I needed to adapt to the new environment as soon as possible with all the precious time I have.

 

Class started with the teacher blabbering to herself without any of the students paying attention to her, except me.

Poor, Mrs Park. I shook my head and went back into writing notes for her physics class, even though those were things that I learnt before. It was always good to start back at the same pace with them, wasn't it?

Class went on and on with mathematics and language but no one paid a single attention to any of the teachers.

Of course, I was distracted by numerous things that were happening in the class.

Not to mention the fights and gossiping among the girl. Hanbin, the guy who sat next to me, was looking at me all those time as well.

I couldn't help it and felt extremely uncomfortable with his eyes fixed on me while his head was lying on the desk.

Maybe he was looking out of the window or maybe he was looking at me… I just wasn't quite sure because I wasn't dare enough to turn my head and look at him for trouble with him. I wasn’t stupid because bumped into him already kind of pissed him off.

Right when the bell rang, the students dismissed themselves from the class without even letting the teacher to end her class properly.

It was like the students ruled the school.

Just like that, I made my way to the cafeteria too since no one gave a to the teacher, I didn't bother as well.