Paris

Paris

Oh Sehun once again thought a question that have been repeating inside his own head, and most probably going to be asked by a handful of people that would probably bump to him, and also by the thousands of his fans if he ever got caught on camera – or better, run into one of his fans who would totally recognize him like what his other member experienced.

“What are you doing in Paris, Sehun?”.

He tighten the grip on his suitcase’s handle once the question flashed on his mind again.

"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast,". Ernest Hemingway said that once, and most of the reasons why he chose Paris out of all the cities in this entire world, it was because Sehun determined to seek the truth of it, but for the mean time, he needs more convenient and efficient answer.

“Are you okay? You looked like you are about to puke,”.

A familiar voice distracted Sehun. “I am fine, Jongin hyung, come think of it, I’m twenty-six this year, I definitely can manage myself in Paris alone,” Sehun replied with a grin. “Why Paris? Why not go to New York and pay a visit to the dearest Chanyeol hyung?” Jongin raised his eyebrow playfully – he knows that the younger male has a trouble with answering it. “Paris is never a wrong choice,” Sehun shrugged, it usually don’t satisfy the asker, but Jongin knows he was struggling.

“Beside, Chanyeol hyung would kick off my like what he did to Baekhyun hyung, and how long has it been again? More than a month since he arrived there and the amount of news he has given us is like three,” Sehun grunted in annoyance, he doesn’t really want to admit it, but the thing he missed the most from their band activity is being pampered by the other members as the youngest member.

“Told you he found a girl,” Jongin smirked in knowing, but Sehun just huffed.

“So, where are you going?” Sehun asked out of blue. “I’m staying, at least until I finished my temporary job teaching those little kids to dance, then I will think about where to escape from this hellhole,” Jongin patted the latter’s arm slightly and smiled.

“Just go already, Jack,”. Jongin almost laughed by the amount of disdain Sehun had on his face.

“You won’t stop because your nickname is like the coolest,” Sehun retorted.

“I hope you find something in Paris though, I’m pretty sure the city of lights offers a load of things,” Jongin replied and got a slight nod from Sehun. What the are you doing, Sehun? What are you going to do in Paris? He did realize that while the other members went away with a certain definite, reasonable reason, his was just to get out and Paris was his first choice because of a ing quote.

“Do anything you want, okay? Don’t hold back, move if you don’t like Paris that much anymore,” Jongin smiled. “And Sehun, don’t think too much about the band, we will be here whatever you do, okay?”. As if he could read mind, Jongin assured the younger male.

“Sure, hyung, see you soon, King Kai?”.

“Sure, see you soon,”.

 

---

 

Sehun shouldn’t think too much about it, in fact, he shouldn’t be thinking about it at all. He could do anything he desire, he have it all – the money, the time, the energy, the face, he might add. In the age of twenty, he debuted as the drummer of what now people called to be a legendary alternative, pop-rock band – Exhibit Zero, which was on hiatus at the moment and freaked people out because they thought the most-loved band is disbanding.

“Can you move your head a little bit to the right, great, that’s it, Sehun-ssi,”.

The photographer shouted at him as he followed the instruction. His first day in Paris was for work, he was on hiatus but the company has signed the deal with the brand months before they decided to take a break and after long- discussion, their manager manage to come off with the new deal that only Sehun – the sacrificial youngest – would be doing all the work.

He was completely alone the whole afternoon with no manager and no personal stylist, thus it was kind of made his head in pain. “Just one more set, Sehun-ssi,” The creative director smiled at him, most probably to lifted his mood. “Alright,” He responded right away as he followed the brand’s stylist to the changing room. It was only until a half and an hour later, the whole crew was clapping as the shooting was done for that day.

“This will be on every of our store in Korea for the next season, most probably alongside with Exhibit Zero comeback,” The creative director said as she shook his hand firmly. “You guys are coming back soon right?” She smiled, but Sehun knows better. “Yes,” Sehun smiled back sternly, as if he was saying to not worry. “Great, see you in Korea soon,”.

“Hopefully,” Sehun muttered under his breath when the middle-aged lady disappeared from his sight as he walked away from the set with both of his hand tugged on his coat’s pocket – no manager, means he has to figure out how to go back to his newly rented studio apartment by himself and that also means public transport – so Sehun chose the subway.

He really thought it would be as easy as Korea, and his apartment was located on the main street - Champs-Élysées, everyone should know where he have to go – until he was stranded on some outskirt station and Sehun just knew he was going to be murdered somehow – oh, at least, most of the people know his name already.

“Yeah, I can get you there,”. The girl was about his age – or at least that what’s he thought and she is Korean – Sehun almost jumped when he spotted the girl.

“It’s easy, I don’t know why you could ended up here,” She shrugged as they enter another subway train. “Uh, it’s my first day here,” Sehun stuttered as he frowned. “First trip too?” She continued when the train started to move. “Yeah,”. No, Sehun has been in Paris for more than twice, but he never got a chance to explore Paris by himself, let alone with a subway – but Sehun settled that a stranger shouldn’t know that much.

“You should be careful then, Paris is not as affectionate as you thought, it won’t live up to your expectation,” The girl said as she stared at him rather too seriously that it crept Sehun out a little bit, and then that Sehun thought about it, she did look a little too friendly for her appearance – okay, Sehun has every right to judge the person who was taking him home. Her hair is brown long with a bang that almost covered her eyes, she had her smoky eyes on, and she was carrying a huge black bag that Sehun didn’t want to know what’s inside because it could be a part of a body.

“Well, you are friendly,” Sehun replied nonchalantly and in contrary of his belief.

“It’s not long enough since we met for you to be able to decide what kind of person I am, give it a time,” She shrugged and Sehun silently chanting a prayer that he will get home safe. “You know I thought if you are going to help me, you need to start, uh, not giving out alarming sentences,” He responded with a frown.

“Are you afraid of me?” She raised her eyebrow in amusement. “It’s hard not to,” He muttered. “Yeah, you probably should,” She replied and Sehun didn’t even want to know what was that supposed to mean.

They decided with an inaudible deal that they wouldn’t be talking for the rest of the trip, and almost around twenty minutes later, she finally moved from her place and stood in front of the train’s door as Sehun followed her quietly. They walked out from the station and Sehun swore it didn’t look anything like his apartment’s street.

“Uh, are we on the right direction though? Because, as far as I remember and I am certainly not trying to question your knowledge about Paris, this is not the way to my house,” Sehun blabbered when she keep walking straight.

“It’s not, but another thing is just three minutes away,” She answered nonchalantly, making Sehun deadpanned and froze for a second.

“If you are going to murder me, I swear, please tell me it’s for a good amount of money,” Sehun suddenly spoke out of blue, resulting the girl to stopped walking and turned around with an astonished face. “Do you really think I’m a murderer?” She scoffed all of the sudden. “In all honesty, yes,” He crossed his arms on his chest. “Then why did you trust me to lead you home from the first place?”.

When Sehun actually thought about it, she was kind of right.

“I was devastated,” He snorted. “Come on, I’m not going to murder you, the place is just right in front of us,” She signaled him to come to her with her hand, which surprisingly to her, he did the exact thing. “What place?” Sehun said when they finally walking together again. “Mémorial des Martyrs de la Déportation,” She replied nonchalantly. “Deportation what?” Sehun raised his eyebrow almost too immediately – he was half impressed with her ability to pronounce French and also half shocked that he actually able to catch a word from it. “Memorial of the Deportation,” She repeated in Korean.

“Why are you taking me there?” He frowned again. “Look, what’s your name again?” She asked. “Oh Sehun,” He replied almost too immediately. “Okay, look, first, don’t give out your name to a total stranger ignorantly like that ever again, Oh Sehun-ssi, and second, I need your help,” She explained. “What kind of help?” Sehun frowned even deeper, since he just realized he was so stupid for giving out his name recklessly like that – not to help the fact that it was pretty easy to access him from Google.

“I need you to model for my project, done,” She shrugged again, before she started to continue walking. “And I have to say yes because?” Sehun caught up with her pace a second later, tightening his coat again because it was suddenly become cold as .

“Because the chances of you meeting another Korean that is willing to help you find your way back home around here is minus thirty and you are going to end up freezing on the pavement and die, plus, we are here already,” She said as she pointed out the landmark behind her.

Sehun must admit that the place looked pretty boring for the first few seconds. “I’m starting to get why you need me to decorate this whole place,” Sehun spoke up when they walked pass the entrance. “Because my lecturer insisted me to start learning how to take picture with a human being inside it without it being a candid photo,” She replied in disdain. “You thought this greyish half-buildings are more interesting than me,” He said. “Obviously,”.

“Why me? I mean, is it because I’m Korean or because I am, stunning?” Sehun raised his eyebrow in amusement. “It is because you looked devastated and I can easily manipulated you,” She rolled her eyes and put down her black bag to take out her camera. “Pose somewhere, Sehun-ssi,” She instructed while adjusting her camera without looking at Sehun, who was pouting the whole time, but nonetheless still find himself standing at one of the walls.

Sehun got this, he had done it too many times before that he lost the count, he had completed more photo-shoots and more magazines covers than the girl who was holding a camera a couple meters away from him could ever dream of, so he was asking himself when he looked into the camera for the girl, what did he actually do that cause him to be in that position.

Oh Sehun came from posing for an advertisement that would be on the page of Vogue to some stranger’s assignment to pass a subject for whatever her major is – most probably photography though.

“You are good,” She said while checking the pictures as they seated on the bench after half of an hour taking pictures. “I know right, it almost came out natural,” Sehun replied nonchalantly – still hesitating whether to tell her completely clueless self about him. “I just have to uploaded – ,”. “Come again?” Sehun just have to interrupt when she used the term ‘upload’. “Uh, yeah, all my assignment are supposed to be uploaded on my online profile gallery,” She said like it was the most obvious thing ever.

“On the internet?” Sehun emphasized. “Yes, on the internet,” She replied in confusion. “So, you are not going to print it out or something and handed it over to your lecturer, uh, wait forget it, I need you not to upload those photos then,” Sehun continued. “Why?” She raised her eyebrow in more confusion as he sighed. “I’m pretty sure that uh, they will come find me here,” Sehun blabbered.

“What? Are you a criminal or something? On the wanted list? Ah, terrorist?” She was far too calm when she was asking him those things.

“Uh, worse, actually,”.

 

---

 

“So you are a drummer of a popular alternative pop-rock band, who was now on hiatus, and you decided to migrate to Paris, and your fans and the medias would absolutely come here to find you and bombarded your Zen time if I uploaded this pictures on the Internet?” She summarized the explanation that Sehun was telling earlier while typing something on her phone screen. “Basically, yes,” He nodded.

“Oh, you are not lying,” She flashed her phone to his direction, which was a Wikipedia page of Sehun himself, which made him groaned. “Why would I lie to you, honestly, did you think I could just make up a whole biography which you strangely concluded in a much more efficient way, in just five minutes?” He retorted.

“Oh Sehun, born in Seoul, better know as Sehun or early stage name, Jack, wow, the amount of cringe I just got,” She almost laughed before Sehun shot her a death glare. “A drummer and backing vocals of Exhibit Zero, debuted in 2011 at the age of twenty,” She fell into silence for a minute while focusing on the webpage.

“So, you completed the army service because of the company policy before debuting at the age of 20, you also have three other members, and you are two years older than I am,” She continued.

“Yes, yes, and what? You looked like you are around my age, sorry for that, nonetheless you are pretty,” Sehun grinned cheekily at the later which made the girl blushed slightly. “Thanks for the compliment though, I appreciate it,” She replied rather stoically. “Really though,” Sehun added with a smile. “That I look old?” She raised her eyebrow in challenge. “That you look lovely,”.

“Uh, so, I can’t upload this pictures? So, it’s a waste of time to take you here? Uh, why didn’t you tell me from the first place?” She snapped. “Uh, sweetheart, hear me out, I can’t just say it out loud that I’m a member of a popular band in the middle of crowded train and not especially to a stranger, the chances of you being my fans are a hundred and fifty, even though it seems like you don’t know me at all,” Sehun huffed.

“I don’t know you, alright,” She sighed. “Let’s go, I’ll just take you home then,” She added somewhat bitterly and made Sehun knitted his brow.

“It’s okay if you wanted to stay in here for awhile you know,” He said. “No, I’ve been here before, Sehun-ssi,” She smiled faintly at the latter before she started to pack her bag. “Oh, tell me the story about it then,” Sehun looked around the greyish walls once again. “It’s a memorial built for 200.000 people that were sent to the Nazi concentration camp during World War two,” She explained.

“Remember all the lights on the narrow space at the entrance? That was for them who died on the camp, and it was made to be narrow to convey the feeling of claustrophobia,” She continued as she pointed at the entrance. “That’s something,” Sehun nodded his head in awe when he remembered the path they went through before – he didn’t realize that the girl was staring at him the whole time. “Come, let me show you something you obviously want to see in Paris,” She tugged his coat slightly.

They walked side to side on the way back to the train station before she stopped abruptly. “You probably didn’t notice it when you were busy accusing me as a murderer,” She said after she pointed out the huge building behind her and Sehun froze for a couple of seconds – how on earth did he not notice the masterpiece before. “Notre Dame,” He muttered while staring at the building in admiration.

“Do you want to go inside?” She suggested which he gladly agreed. “You have never been to the Notre Dame?” She raised her eyebrow when they made an entrance to the cathedral and he couldn’t stop gasping in amusement at literally everything, but managed to shake his head to her question. “If you are that popular, shouldn’t you have toured around the world at least once?” She asked.

“Three times actually, but it’s different to come here not as Exhibit Zero’s Sehun, I got more time to travel around alone and without any exposure, I usually just come to a city for a show, not to appreciate the elegance of it,” Sehun explained with a small smile playing on his lips.

“Sorry for that,” She replied nonchalantly. “Yeah, me too,”.

They continued to walk around the cathedral, and just like how Sehun always imagine it to be, Notre Dame is grandeur, it’s beautiful, it’s splendid, it’s beyond words, as if breathtaking is not enough and it’s Paris – Sehun noted that he should pay it a visit once more at the daylight just to see the sunlight illuminating through the north transept rose window.

“It’s prettier than the memorial, huh?” She teased.

“Obviously, but the memorial is stunning in it’s own way, I guess,” He replied.

“Indeed, I picked it because it brings out people’s inside, you know, so in the pictures they won’t outshine the subject which is human, but complementing them,” She stated. “Are you like a legit photographer?” Sehun asked instead, his voice echoed through the hallway. “Part-time, and trying to finish my master degree on Photography and Image making,” She shrugged. “You sound so cool,” Sehun beamed unconsciously.

“I mean, master degree at the age of twenty-four, damn girl,” He chuckled. “Obviously cooler than being a part of global band, thanks,” She smirked in return. “It’s not as cool as it seems, don’t get me wrong, I’m in love with my job but sometimes it feels like I’m missing a point in life,” He replied with a little bit of agony. “Like what?” She stopped her track just to turn her attention to the taller male. “Like the fact that I have never been to the statue of Liberty even once when I had visited New York for like twice already,” Sehun retorted with a chuckle.

“That’s really sad,” She frowned. “I know, come think of it, I can’t really go to the supermarket without being captured on camera and blew up the Internet the next day,” Sehun laughed again, the bitterness was so strong that no one could miss it. “Is that why you move to Paris? You are tired blowing up some online forums?” She said in amusement. “Probably, but Ernest Hemingway said that –,”. “Paris is a movable feast,” She cut the sentence with a smirk. “That, Hemingway said that,” He smiled.

“He’s not wrong, every inch of Paris is constructed and fashioned in the most splendid way possible by history and arts, and they will leave marks all over your mind that it is not possible to forget such a beautiful city exists,” She said. “But how long you will last though? Eventually you are going to go back to Korea and continue the band, I mean, if you are that popular, people must be rooting for you to come back, huh?” She asked at the end.

“I don’t know,” Sehun shrugged in distress, trying to mask away the doubtfulness by looking at the wall besides him. “I also said that when I first got here, but hey, here I am, six years later,” She replied. “No, not that, I mean, I don’t know whether we are coming back or not, as a band,”.

 

---


“I was scammed,” Sehun whined to the phone – only because he knew the latter will be annoyed if he did that. “What the , Sehun? How long have you been in Paris? Four hours?” The man on the line groaned. “That’s thirty two hours for you, Chanyeol hyung,” Sehun frowned. “What happened?” Chanyeol softened his voice, knowing that he won’t see the end of Sehun’s whimpers. “Uh, I was lost at the train station, and this girl is the only Korean I know so I asked her for direction and she offered me to take me home –,”.

And you said yes,” Chanyeol snapped.

“Uh, obviously,” Sehun snorted.

I’m hanging up,” The latter groaned.

“Hear me out, holy cheese,” Sehun called out. “Did you just curse?”.

“Turned out that she is a photography and image making master degree student, how cool is that? And she tricked me so I can modeled for her assignment and after that, we took a stroll at the Notre Dame, and it was fun, before she took me to my apartment,” He blabbered.

So you are scammed of what exactly?” Sehun could sense that Chanyeol was sneering at him. “That, she made me modeled for her project – which I said can’t be used since she was going to upload it and god knows what will happen if she did, hyung, please, did you know how afraid I am? I thought she was going to murder me,” Sehun said when he heard Chanyeol’s scoffed again. “You sounded more like you are in love than scammed,” Chanyeol added. “Hyung, seriously –,”. “Bye, Sehun,” Chanyeol chuckled before hanging up for real.

“Knew it that I should’ve called Baekhyun hyung instead,” Sehun snorted and threw himself on the couch – he should be out there, travelling to some brand new places, but yesterday’s incident got him scared that someone out there might scammed him for real and exposed him or kill him in the worst scenario. And they said get lost in the new city but it, Sehun is not out there risking his life – so he decided to play with his phone instead to kill some times.

Exhibit Zero spotted in various cities – fans speculated that the hiatus is just the cover up for the grand comeback.

Sehun wanted to die – Jongin sent him the article about how fans made up some theories about how they are actually filming a secret music video alongside with the article about how someone spotted Sehun in Amsterdam yesterday and Jongin at Incheon airport just two days ago. He knows it was absurd for him but for the fans, it’s probably the only thing they are holding on – it was created to assure themselves that their favorite band is not disbanding.

Sehun also, wanted to tell the fans the truth, he wanted to tell them that he was just there to transit, that they are not filming some kind of grandeur comeback and the chances of disbanding is higher than they thought – Sehun wanted to tell them all of that, just because he somehow want to give back to the fans and not let them down.

Debuting as the youngest immediately makes him babied even by the fans, and therefore, Sehun feels like it is only right to be as affectionate as possible to them. It was always about the give and take, Sehun understands that but in the world where he lives, it is impossible to always do that. After their latest concert, Sehun realized something – the fact that he probably gives out too much.

Sehun never gotten into any scandals, he also smiles along, cries along, laugh a lot, abandoned his cold city man image for the fans – but there are always talks about him being fake, him being talentless, him being not useful to the group, as if everything he gives out will never be enough to feed everyone. So for a moment, he wanted to take as much as possible from something – a city to be exact. That’s one reason.

The quote is another reason – Sehun felt like the band in some ways has been limiting his memories, he wanted to do visit new places, new things to be tried, but he has been keeping all his desire just to keep the band’s name clean – that’s why Jongin told him not to think about the band that much, for Paris is ready for Sehun to reach every corner of it.

For one time, Sehun wanted to be the one who takes everything and do everything without any burden.

He didn’t move from his seat for a while until there is a knock from his door and he almost has a heart attack if the girl from yesterday wasn’t the one who showed up in front of his room.

“Are you busy?” She said – she looked more decent and less scary than yesterday with a camera was hanging around her neck. “Nope, not at all, may I help you?” Sehun grinned.

“Second rule of life Sehun-ssi, if you want a stranger to take you home, don’t let them into your actual address, I mean, I’m pretty sure you could just let me go at the lobby and not insist me to accompany you until you get into your apartment,” She sneered.

“I want you to know my address,” Sehun shrugged nonchalantly. “I could be a serial killer,” She replied skeptically. “And I could have a serial killer as a friend who would actually visit me, like this,” He said, again with a flat face. “And you thought that is good?” She raised her eyebrow in skepticism. “Yeah, so why are you here?” Sehun grinned again.

“Uh, right, I remembered how you said I can’t use your pictures without paying you because you are some global star like that, but the photos turned out really great so I thought why not print it out and give them to you?” She said as she handed out a brown envelope to him, which he took excitedly. “That’s a very nice of you,” Sehun beamed as he took out the photos and examined the photos.

“You know, your music is not that bad,” She said all of the sudden.

“And you are not that bad as a drummer,”. Sehun looked up to her the moment she said the second sentence. “I just thought, hey, I just gave a short tour to a self-proclaimed band member who has a legit Wikipedia page, so why not give his songs a try? And I did, and it was pretty cool, uh, you are pretty cool too, Sehun-ssi,” Her lips curled up at the end of her sentence and Sehun couldn’t help but stunned.

“You looked so surprised, honestly, I’m pretty sure I am not the first one to say that,” She laughed. “No, I’m just, happy to hear that our songs managed to please you ears, so, thank you for giving them a chance,” Sehun chuckled. “And for the compliment, I really appreciate it,” He continued. “Yeah, it’s worth a shot, and thank you for helping my assignment even though I can’t really use it, but still,” She grinned.

“By the way, are you going somewhere?” Sehun suddenly asked. “No, why?” She was taken aback by the question and the fact that Sehun quickly shut the door before reappearing again with a wide smile a minute later with a coat on.

“Good, take me somewhere then,”.

 

---



“For your information, I’m charging you per hour,” She huffed when they were getting out from the train.

“Deal, sweetheart, I’m selling an album every minute so I kind of can afford your service,” Sehun shrugged nonchalantly and got a glare from the latter. “I’m charging you twice the original price,” She snapped when they walked side by side as they got out from the train station. “Hey, we have a deal at the first price,” He half-yelled when he caught up with her.

“Where are we?” Sehun asked as he glanced around when they finally out from the station. “Belleville,” She replied with a hint of amused smile. “Sounds fun,” He replied after done analyzing his surrounding. “It is, I love this neighborhood especially,” She said as she began to walk and Sehun’s eyes were still wandering around the sight of buildings and trees.

They were only took a couple of steps where right off a little side alley, Sehun found himself staring in complete awe again when right in front of him was an open air gallery and building walls full of graffiti. It was only a small runway, which Sehun expected to be filled with abandoned shops, but the vibrant paintings are the things that made the simple road so astonishing. “Rue Dénoyez,” She said out of blue, and Sehun gave her a look as if saying that he didn’t quite get what she was saying.

“This is the street art alley, it’s famous within the locals,” She added which he nodded.

“Teach me how to French,” Sehun replied instead. “That’s not include in the city tour package I’m offering,” She smirked. “Charge me more,” Sehun raised his eyebrow in challenge, which she shook her head in return before she her camera and started to take pictures.

“Hey, take some pictures of me,” Sehun suddenly tapped her shoulder before he ran to stood in front of one of the graffiti. “I thought you are some sort of very expensive person to afford,” She chuckled but snapped a pictures of him nonetheless – and goodness, she just have to admit that Sehun is probably one of the most beautiful person she will ever encountered, despite him being a celebrity or not, Sehun is gorgeous.

And not that she didn’t want to say it out loud but, the reason why she lied to Sehun was that because he was that stunning that she actually want to take pictures of him. The irony is that she hates taking pictures of models in purpose – candidly was more tolerable – but Sehun was different, he radiates something, she was almost running out of words to describe how ethereal he looks like even under the dim light of the train station – it was impressive.

“If it’s only for you to keep then it’s fine, I’m not that petty like someone else,” He sneered at the end of the sentence as he scooted closer to her to see the result.

“Damn, my mom should be proud that she gave birth to such a handsome man like me,” Sehun laughed which the latter only replied with a disbelief gaze. “Oh, you are so full of yourself, what a surprise,” She faked a gasp, which Sehun ignored and instead find another spot to pose at.

The whole evening was filled with her capturing him in every corner of the street and neither of them complained. The street was fun and full with liveliness – Sehun thought it would be great to live in Belleville, a neighborhood that manages to offer so much glee and carefreeness. She told him that around two hundreds artists live there, which Sehun not surprised. They had a brunch on a little café on the block before they decided to call it a day.

“Can we go to Louvre sometimes?” Sehun asked out of the blue when they were entering the train station, again. “We can go there now if you want to,” She replied nonchalantly. “Not now, I mean some other days, maybe Versailles too, I mean, it’s great if I could also flaunt to my member about being to more known places,” He grinned cheekily while flashing his phone screen, which was supposedly some kind of group chat. “Oh, so this is not just a two times thing? I mean you are really going to pay me to guide you around Paris?” She snorted when he frowned in reply. “Why more known places?” She added.

“Because they need to find it our by themselves for the rest, and places like Belleville or the memorial are something from you and it’s only for me to remember that,” He was looking at her with the most genuine smile she ever saw since they met.

“I have decided that I like you,” Sehun said out of blue – which was completely not on his plan but nonetheless he said it already. “Because I take free pictures of you?” She said.

“That too, but maybe I begin to understand why Paris is a moveable feast,” Sehun shrugged. “You are so melodramatic, Sehun, I just brought you to some grey buildings and a neighborhood that you could find on Google, and I scammed you first before doing that,” She chuckled. “Yeah, but maybe that’s all it took to make me get a glimpse of the real meaning of it,”.

 

---

 

“I said some other times,” Sehun frowned when they exited another station just to end up in front of Louvre that night. “You looked like you were dying to go here just to show off to your other members,” She shrugged nonchalantly. “I did not, but since we are here, I am going to,” He huffed as he was busy typing things to his phone before he took a selfie of himself in front of the pyramid. “There, you happy?” He shoved his phone to her. “I don’t feel the excitement but okay,” She said as she read the message.

Baekhyun hyung said stop embarrassing yourself,” She said as she handed back the phone to him. “Baekhyun, the band’s front man?” She added. “Yeah, if you fall in love with the voice that sing most of our songs, that Baekhyun hyung’s,” Sehun replied with a proud grin. “He’s good,” She said. “But, I like the drummer better, supposedly,” She grinned back at Sehun who was rather shocked at the statement. “Why?” Sehun raised his eyebrow in amusement.

“I don’t know, maybe because I know you the best,” She shrugged it off instead. “And you looked pretty cool when you are drumming on the stage, the passion is there, it’s almost toxic, like you are always seems to be having so much fun when you hit those rhythmic patterns,” She added with a small grin. “How adorable,” Sehun chuckled with a slight sneer. “If you liked me, you should’ve just said so,” He scoffed at the end as he grinned cheekily.

“Don’t flatter yourself too much, Sehun-ssi, trust me, I’m still here because I’m really going to charge you at the end of the day,” She replied as she slightly pushed the taller male forward to the pavement right in front of the street across the Louvre.

“Stay there,” She instructed as Sehun froze on his spot – he knew it like a habit already that she was about to take a picture of him.

“You look nice,” She commented when she showed Sehun the result, which the latter responded with a light laugh. “I thought we have covered it that I look damn good,” He said which made her stared at him with full judgment. “You know I can’t barely see my face on the picture and you still said I look nice, you are really that into me, huh?” Sehun raised his eyebrow jokingly as the latter hit his arm slightly in disdain.

“I don’t like you, Sehun-ssi,” She snapped.

“Too bad, because I am attached already to you, so bear with me,” He smiled while suddenly taking her wrist and pulled her along with him.

“Let’s eat something,” Sehun said, really wanting to ignore the visible blush on her face, because it distracted him. “Come on, tour guide, I paid you not to go all silence on me when I asked you to take me eat,” Sehun snapped his finger in front of her face when he noticed she was dozing off while walking. “Chez Alexandre,” She suddenly pointed at the restaurant on the side of the street, and Sehun nodded to the suggestion.

“I think I’ve been here before,” He said when they entered the building. “Ah, yeah, first night and the first time in Paris, we ran away from our managers and decided to went around, ah, I remembered now that I’ve seen Louvre before,” Sehun beamed when they were seated. “It was two in the morning, if I’m not mistaken, and Chanyeol hyung said we ended up in a bar and all wasted except him and he had to carry the rest of us to the cab, it was epic,” Sehun chuckled at the memory.

“Your members, they seems like a fun group to be with, even though I though that guy you mentioned earlier – Chanyeol? He looks too serious on the stage – he’s the main guitarist, right? The leader?” She asked. “Yes, they are, yes and yes, but no, Chanyeol hyung is really chill and full of gags, he’s the best,” Sehun smiled, but the slight bitterness was recognizable for her.

“Sehun-ssi, I’ve been wanting to ask you since this afternoon,” She suddenly turned serious and leaned her body a little bit closer to the table. “You know, when I searched about you, the news also came up, right?” She continued which Sehun only replied with a halfhearted smile. “Why did Exhibit Zero go on hiatus, Sehun-ssi? It’s pretty weird since your latest concert entirely sold out,”.

“It’s not really about how much the ticket you sold, really, or how many stadium you have filled,” Sehun replied almost too immediately.

“More like, the four of us needed a break, the tip of our career as a band also marked the tip of our exhaustion, a hiatus was needed, a period away from the industry is essential, I guess,” He continued. “But, the articles said that it was because that Chanyeol guy –,”. “It’s not, that Chanyeol guy didn’t do anything wrong,” He cut in.

“So, why aren’t you sure whether the band is coming back or not?” She asked, again, which Sehun responded with silence. “Because, I am afraid that we four might get too attached with the freedom – me too, I mean, what’s the point of going back if Paris could give me another reason to live?” Sehun smiled faintly. “So, I’m not really hoping much, I mean, for better or worse,” He added.

“You are really too overdramatic, Sehun-ssi,” She chuckled out of blue. “You don’t just leave your whole career, the thing you have been fighting and establishing for six years, the thing you have been working for with your blood and sweats, something that you have to sacrificed your whole youth for, just for, what, Paris?” She suddenly said. “Ha, who are you to tell me that I’m overdramatic?” Sehun scoffed.

“Point is, there is a reason why Hemingway said that Paris is a moveable feast, I think that Paris stays with you wherever you go, Sehun-ssi, if you done Paris right, then it will follows you like a ghost of a ravishing memory, you don’t have to stay in Paris forever, you just have to make sure that your time of stay worth to keep forever,” She explained.

“And I also think, that it’s what you meant when you said you moved here because of Hemingway, you never planned to stay for long, Sehun-ssi, it’s almost too visible that you wanted to go back to the band,” She continued – Sehun was too stunned to even response. “And I think, it’s okay to take a break in awhile, you know, sometimes life is hard to put up with, especially with a thousands pair of eyes watching your every move – ugh, Sehun-ssi, how did you cope up with that without taking earlier break?”.

Sehun laughed, louder than he should actually. “It’s pretty hard, but, yeah, maybe I just realized that I needed a rest from all those drum abusing,” He smirked. “But, it’s true, I miss it already – the band, uh, but I also intend to make a new chapter here, maybe there will be a new sequel about how I come back to that life, but maybe, I want to stay here for awhile,” He added.

“And I have you here, already, I mean, yeah,” He said something he wished he didn’t – that should just stay inside his head.

“You barely know me, Sehun, we just met yesterday where you thought I was a murderer,” She knitted her eyebrow together. “Fancy first time meeting right? One reminiscence worth keeping for a lifetime, checked,” He grinned widely.

“You are so weird for a world icon, Sehun-ssi,” She shook her head. “Uh, duh, just Sehun is fine, I thought we are more than an acquaintance,” He retorted. “Okay, just Sehun,” She smiled mischievously.

“You know I didn’t mean it like that,” Sehun huffed as he shoved his phone again to her direction. “Here, type down your class’s schedule, and also, the easiest way to go to your place, you know, the one that will be impossible to miss, so this handsome lad won’t get kidnapped,” Sehun said which made the latter stared at him skeptically. “And why do you need all of that again?” She raised her eyebrow in hesitation.

“Because I need to pick you up, silly, I know you are the tour guide and all but it’s really very unlike a gentlemen to let the girl pick the man up all the times, oh, and your phone number too, and we are going to Eiffel next,” Sehun blabbered. “What?” She responded in disbelief. “This is really not a two times thing?” She continued. “Shush, I thought I made it clear that you need to bear with me for at least the next three more months or probably more for the better,” He smirked.

“I have to deal with you for another ninety days? I’m being paid, right?” She sneered but grinned at the end nonetheless. “Yes, you are, with my presence and companion,” Sehun laughed when she handed him back the phone. “I usually have a group meeting at Saturdays, but I can manage to bail myself out from it if you want,” She shrugged. “Education is important, sweetheart, I shall wait until your meeting is over then,” Sehun grinned when he caught the latter blushed when he called her that.

“Do we have ourselves a deal then?” He stuck out his hand to her direction, which she gladly took. “And talking about the project, uh, did you find my replacement?” Sehun asked out of blue.

“In all honesty and aspect, Sehun-ssi, I think it will be hard to do so,”.

 

 

They were in Versailles after two days of Sehun keep asking her to take him there and after almost two and a half week of her being his only companion. “I just didn’t get it why it is so hard for you to take me here,” Sehun frowned. “Hey, I’m the guide, so it would be really helpful for you to follow my lead,” She retorted. “Take a picture of me there,” Sehun pointed out to the gate of the palace. “Do you really have to ask that?” She smiled at the request.

It seems funny at first on how that they become really attached to each other, but it has become a habit of her to take pictures of him and the sight in every spot of Paris they could find. Sehun, despite his status and all, is really a warm person to be with – it was almost shocking because it was a complete contrary of his cold-looking face – and she likes him, a lot.

She grows to like how soft his palm is when he held her hands on the windy days or crowded place – he said so that she won’t get carried away by the wind or get lost, which actually are a really lame excuse but nonetheless, she finds him adorable. Sehun doesn’t pay her and she wasn’t really serious about the payment either, so instead he pays for everything they do – the meals, the entrance tickets, the transportation, even though she refused at first but Sehun is really stone-headed about the matter.

It was almost like everyday is a date with him – and she has grown fond to the latter, she almost forget that he still have a big job he have to return to. Sehun was clearly posing in front of the building, and she thought that the amount of art has doubled inside her frame. It was until his phone suddenly rang and he had to pick it up that she had to zoom in into his face.

He was happily smiling – the kind of face when one of his hyungs called, she noticed that. But the smile fell just another second and he looked serious as he listened to the phone. When he finally hung up, Sehun slowly came back to where she was standing and gave her an agonizing smile. “Let’s go back,” Sehun said as he took her hand gently and squeezed it a little harder – she didn’t mind it, he has been doing the same thing for the past week, but that one somehow felt more bitter than it should.

“What is it?” She said as they turned their direction and walked side by side, and she could tell that he was being completely hesitant about saying anything. “Uh, Chanyeol hyung called,” He forced a smile and it made her heart sank. “Why so sad?” She replied.

“Something happened,” He finally spoke up. “They need us to go back to Korea soon,” He continued. “He is already on the airport, Jongin hyung already know too but since he was the nearest, he would probably take tomorrow’s flight, that’s why I need to get going,” He muttered. “The front-man?” She couldn’t help but asked, there is just no way Sehun forgot to mention all the members.

“That’s what happened, Baekhyun hyung happened,”.


(A/N) Uh, I'm sorry for the cliffhanger but, Baekhyun's foreword is up, I hope you guys enjoy this <3

And remember she took a picture of Sehun in the middle of the street in front of Louvre? Here it is: