[1/1]

Spring Song

“I want to do things with you just like spring does to cherry blossoms.”

Paulo Neruda


 

Everyone adored spring; it is certainly the best season of the year, most of the people are fond of this season. It is the favorite season of poets. It is called the queen of seasons.

 

Spring is the seasons of charming sounds; the bees are humming in the garden fill our hearts with joy, the cuckoo is mad with joy, its sweet notes enchant us, the birds twittering in trees.

 

Spring offers great pleasures; the cold of winter are biting, the summers are hot, rainy seasons remains full of dirt and mud. It is the spring seasons that catches our fancy, brings extraordinary beauties and charms.

 

The beauties of spring make us forget our scars and sorrows; it’s the most beautiful time of the year.

###

The female with shoulder-length, chestnut hair with fringe over her forehead that hides her beautiful slanted eyes, balled another paper with a frown on her face. It’s already the fifteenth ball on her table and it seemed that this female didn’t get a memo about how using papers pointlessly could enhance the possibility of Global Warming – or maybe she did, but she intentionally skipped the class to do something else, from judging the ball that about to be another victim, it really looked like she didn’t give any damn about Global Warming.

 

“So class, I really need to have each of your song before April ends, so make sure you make good music for your final assignment…, because remember if you get me a good song, it would add up your score up to 70. So I really need you all to dig in your feelings and find me a very nice, soothing song that would make anyone that listens to your song feel good. That’s it for me people! I’ll see you soon.” Professor Lim waved her hands excitedly before exited the room, leaving the students heaved deep sigh as soon as her shadow disappeared – including her.

 

Her best friend reached for her table and shook her head in disbelief. She had short, jet black hair with fringe also covered her forehead, white milky skin and very small figure that would be stamped as fragile anytime and anywhere she went. “Aigoo I can’t believe you could be this depressed over a song, Jung Eunji.”

 

The female that was called Jung Eunji, raised her head and gazed up to find her best friend, the one and only Lee Jieun looked at her in pity and Eunji did nothing but pouted. “I’m doomed, Eun.  I’m so ing doomed! I can’t even write a song! This never happened to me before! I used to be able write any kind of song with any kind of emotion I feel… But look at me now Eun! Look at me now! What is happening to me?”

 

Lee Jieun sneered at her best friend for ten years, Jung Eunji was not someone that loud, talkative, or easy-going to just anyone, it took time for her to open up from someone that is so introverted into someone this loud, noisy, and overreacting about small things. “Maybe it’s because Kim Minseok sunbaenim now dates—” Jieun was cut off with a hiss and a deathly glare.

 

“—I TOLD YOU TO NEVER MENTION THAT NAME ANYMORE!” Eunji found Jieun just shrugged off her shoulders uncaringly and looked away. The class was almost empty, there were just some of her classmates that stuck there, talking in hushed tone.

 

“I was just answering your question. What’s so wrong about it?” Jieun excused and it only pissed the taller more. She huffed and then continued, “I told you to just attend my major, since it’s easier. All you have to do is sing and please those ing instructors with your high-notes. But you’re so stubborn and look at you now.” Lee Jieun was a student too just like Eunji, “So what are you going to do next? Do you want to join me in cafeteria? Sehun and Baekhyun will be there too.”

 

Eunji placed her cheeks on the table and sighed deeply. “I’ll just stay here for some minutes and try again to get something. But I’ll catch you guys later. Text me okay, I think I’ll be hungry after thinking too much.” Eunji took her pen and also her notebook, pouted before started to write again. “I’m so doomed Eun, I think I can’t graduate.”

 

Jieun just cackled at Eunji’s pessimist statement and caressed her hair. “You’ll be fine Eunji, just have faith on yourself. I know I’m not allowed to say this but—” Jieun already earned another glare but she chose to dismiss it. “—why don’t you try to write something about Kim Minseok sunbaenim?”

 

“I hate you.” was all Eunji said after a moment of silence and then Jieun decided to walk off the classroom.

 

Jieun just waved her hand on her very best friend, but never bothered to turn around. “I love you.”

 

Being a fourth year student itself was already enough to make someone anxious, furthermore when they attended such prestigious school, would add up the burden that already could kill them with those high expectations to get a nice, fast job since the university was a well-known one. Thank goodness Jung Eunji hasn’t thought of ending her life anytime soon, because the urge of graduating was much more than ending her life.

 

Jung Eunji attended Korea National University of Arts or better known as K-ARTS. She happened to attend this university simply because her best friends decided to attend the same university, just in different majors; Jieun was in School of Music – Department of Vocal Music (no doubt she belted the high-notes very, very well and owned a perfect pitch as well), Oh Sehun was in School of Dance – Department of Dance Performance (he was very good at it since very young), and Byun Baekhyun was in School of Drama – Department of Playwriting (he aimed to write a scenario for Broadway or tragic plays like Romeo and Juliet, no wonder he was such a drama king), while she was in Department of Composition, in same school as Jieun.

 

The decision of pursuing another four years of majoring in composition didn’t come out of blue or just because she felt she would like it. It happened on her father’s fiftieth birthday and since Eunji lacked of money she decided to write a song for him. Who would know that her song could get her father in tears and then he told Eunji that she would do great in writing songs and became a song-writer, or even better a singer? Eunji’s first plan was pursuing the same major like Jieun, but because of her father’s honest (or so she believed) compliment, she took a detour and then picked Composition to be her future for next four years.

 

Everything was so fine, great, awesome, cool, all that jazz until the moment she fell in a hole that people named it as Love. Jung Eunji fell in love, hard with a senior that almost graduated named Kim Minseok. He’s the angel of School of Music; majoring in department of Conducting, he was listed as the brightest soon-to-be conductor in K-Arts, a son of famous orchestra conductor, with his debonair pushed-back hair, smart mouth, friendly and very well-mannered, handsome with those broad shoulders, childish grin that always made his face looked ten years younger than he actually was, in short Kim Minseok was everyone’s favorite that happened was also Eunji’s favorite.

 

She wrote, wrote, and wrote about everything in her songs. She observed Sehun’s struggle on coping his injury and put it in a song, she listened to Baekhyun’s worry about his future and made a song for him, she looked at Jieun and then a song was ready the next day. She wrote a lot, very easily, and every teacher in her department was very proud and so sure that Eunji would also nail this final assignment.

 

Just like a writer that also had their phobia called writer’s block, a composer might also have it sooner or later. And Eunji was so ed-up that the composer’s block had to happen when she’s on her last year, when everyone’s had their high expectation on her, when she thought she would deal with it. If Eunji could blame anyone, she would happily blame that senior named Kim Minseok.

 

What did Kim Minseok do?

 

Kim Minseok broke her heart, well not literally on her face by rejecting or telling people that Eunji wasn’t his type – he did it way smoother than those above. He was seeing someone, a friend that also went to same department as her, someone that is so beautiful that Eunji couldn’t help but feeling sorry for herself not to be as pretty as her, named Son Seungwan, for the past three months. And the side effect of it; Jung Eunji couldn’t produce any song within three months.

 

Thinking about Kim Minseok, thinking about the secret glances she took, thinking about the smiles he shared easily on everyone, made something inside her flipped upside down. But Jieun was somehow right about it, why didn’t she just write about him?

 

Hello, I know you

But you don’t know me

We haven’t talked for all this time

I just looked at you hanging out from far away

 

Eunji read the lines of her writing and pouted. This was an utter bull. She could do better than this so why didn’t something come out of her smart brain that always got A on her compositions?

 

But then she pursued writing down as she recalled the moments with Kim Minseok in, when she pinched Baekhyun after they passed him by, when she pulled Sehun with her just to see him practicing for another of his performance, when she was alone and realized Kim Minseok was just sitting two seats away from her in the cafeteria – drinking a hot lemon tea as he did his homework.

 

It’s so weird on how she could easily fall for Kim Minseok even without knowing him at all, without even greeting him hello at all.

 

Should I approach you or not? Should I talk to you or not?

Would this hello sound better or that? Would you greet me back?

I only think about it again today and the opportunity leaves

 

Her cellphone that was on the table beeped and the female took a quick look at it. It was a text message from Oh Sehun. A small smile lit on her face simply because she liked the way Sehun that would look grumpy and cold was always the first person to take care of her very well and it resulted with people thinking they were seeing each other.

 

From: Sehun-ah (13.54 PM)

What do you want for lunch? Baekhyun orders sandwich, Jieun gets chicken and I still wait for your call.

 

After replying just get your noona delicious cheese fries, Eunji started to gather her things together. When she was about to leave, her eyes landed on her balls of papers and had a short thought of throwing them out. But then a janitor came in and said that the class would be used for another term, so Eunji thought the cleaning man could put them away for her. So without thinking anymore, she bolted out of the classroom and rushed for her best friends.

 

The hell with the final assignment, she sighed heavily to herself.

###

“So what happened with our building that forces us to stay over in other department’s building?” Park Chanyeol slung his bag on his left shoulder as he followed his longtime best friend.

 

This man named Park Chanyeol might have the most beautiful features in a man; with his long limbs of 186cm that would fit any slacks without difficulty at all, broad shoulders and firm arms, his dimple that added his handsomeness along with his big, sparkling eyes and childish grin, his voice that had a low timbre that could send any girl’s heart drop in any second, and also his kind heart and friendly manner that made him so easily likeable. In short, Park Chanyeol was a man that any in-laws would fall in love at the first sight.

 

Park Chanyeol and his said best friend named Do Kyungsoo were attending Department of Film Making in K-Arts and on their fourth year. Just like any fourth year student that got depressed so easily, they did too since the final assignment was no joke. Students were required to submit their short-length movie in any theme, in pair, so they could graduate.

 

“They said it’s being renovated or .” Do Kyungsoo replied to his taller best friend and looked upon the paper that been spread to Film Making students, since they would have classes in School of Music rooms – they had so many classrooms that would be vacant until the renovation finished, or so the leaflet said before. Do Kyungsoo made a halt in front of a classroom, B.01 and Chanyeol stopped abruptly that crashed his best friend. The shorter sent a glare and Chanyeol quickly looked away. “This is our room.” Kyungsoo hinted as he entered the empty room.

 

School of Music has taste, School of Film, TV, and Multimedia should admit it since the room wallpapered in musical notes and paintings of famous musicians or artists, it’s twice bigger and much better than their room. “, no wonder everyone wants to date a music kid.” Chanyeol cursed under his breath and his best friend just rolled his eyes.

 

“You also want a music kid,” Kyungsoo reminded. “You’ve been craving for Kim Yura, that Composition kid.”

 

“But she won’t ever want me anyway.” Chanyeol shrugged and took a look around, planning on his perfect seat. He was sleepy as hell since edited a movie project for his friend’s girlfriend all night long, so he had to pick a seat where he could sleep and the lecturer wouldn’t find out.

 

His eyes landed on a certain seat, it was on the very left corner, third row from above. Without saying a word, he left Kyungsoo to claim the seat. His best friend could seat anywhere he wanted but Chanyeol had to get this one so he could sleep. But from the side of his eyes he could tell Kyungsoo quietly followed him there.

 

But then something stopped his track, his eyes landed on another certain something over the table. There were balls of papers, fifteen, he counted, and a paper that was been written in some lines. Curious, Chanyeol seated first and then picked up the paper to read it.

 

“What is it?” Kyungsoo joined and peeked at the paper. “Wow whoever sits here is a very dirty person. How could they not throw these away?” Kyungsoo wondered but no answer since Chanyeol was too immersed with the paper.

 

“It’s too cute to be a love letter.” Chanyeol commented and opened the balls silently. He read each of the used paper, there were some lines, mostly just seven to eleven lines and then was doodled and being given such weird comments, until Chanyeol found a sentence of how could you get an A if your song . A realization hit him. “It’s a music kid thing.” He said to no one but Kyungsoo listened anyway. “They are writing, trying to write a song.” Chanyeol had an amused grin before Kyungsoo nodded understandingly.

 

“No wonder.” Kyungsoo replied, “This is a school of music. We literally are refugees here—wait what are you doing?” Kyungsoo’s thick brows united in in the middle, in very much confusion as Chanyeol picked out his pen of his backpack and started to write down on the same paper.

 

“Helping a lost soul,” Chanyeol grinned gingerly and then landed his eyes back on the paper. “Who knows, they might really need to get an A for this task.”

 

“This person even might not a girl, what if it’s a boy and then he falls for your writing and then look for you and then fall in love with you as he sees you in person? You don’t even swing that way dude.” Kyungsoo commented as he put out his notebook.

 

“If it’s a girl and she’s beautiful, then I can get to know her – who knows maybe we might have chemistry to start something.” Kyungsoo made a face at this. “If she’s a girl and not that beautiful…, or maybe a boy just like you suspected, then we can be friends. Seriously Kyungsoo, what’s with you and your ing gloomy side? This is why you never get an A+ on your movies Soo,” Chanyeol paused to look at his best friend. “You always overthink. And that ing overthink leads you to nothing but chaos. And chaos created your ing cheap movies that always end in tragedy and sadness. No wonder you’re a ed up until today.”

 

Kyungsoo hissed. “ you Park Chanyeol. you and your stupid mouth.”

 

Park Chanyeol cackled and ruffled his best friend’s hair, on which Kyungsoo ruthlessly pushed his hand away, before writing down some lines. They were just some random thoughts of his, thinking about his pathetic love life and his little crush to Kim Yura, and the cliché feelings he would feel when he fell in love with someone he couldn’t have.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t say a word, he instead took out his pen and started to write another of his plot again on his notebook in silence. Chanyeol has known that Kyungsoo too was stressed because of the final assignment, just like he was, but Kyungsoo was better at hiding it.

 

Before the class started, two males from Department of Film Making were being temporary refugees kept their minds directed at something they were the best at; Kyungsoo at making sad, tragic plots for their final assignment, and Chanyeol at pouring down his hidden feelings toward his little crush.

###

It was almost evening when Sehun finished his basketball practice every Thursday and Friday. He played for university’s team and that was why he had many friends from different majors. Sehun just walked out of shower when a taller figure swam to his sight and he raised his hand to high-five with him. “What the —YAH PARK CHANYEOL!”

 

Chanyeol grinned widely and grabbed Sehun for a short hug before they gazed at each other amusedly. The taller couldn’t help the urge to tap Sehun’s hair and chuckled, “I heard you’re the Captain now. Wow, my little baby is already growing up. Hyung is so proud of you.” Chanyeol pressed his hands against his chest and then faked a horrible wail that made the boy with paler skin blushed.

 

“Shut up hyung, you’re also the reason why I’m becoming one.” Sehun then watched Chanyeol carefully. “What are you doing here by the way? Do you want to be back on the game?” he wondered and Chanyeol heartily shook his head.

 

“Come on kid, hyung is too old for that. Two years is enough for experiences and titles. Actually I’m here looking for you.” Chanyeol grinned eagerly as he pointed Sehun with his index finger.

 

“Me? Why me?” Sehun raised a questioning brow.

 

“I need your help in something. Nothing much, but very urgent. No one would help me better than you.” Chanyeol whispered lowly and Sehun looked dumbfounded.

 

“Anything hyung, anything. What is it, what can I do to help you?” Sehun crossed his hands against his chest, didn’t bother with the fact that actually he was still topless and just wore a towel to cover his below region.

 

“I need you to be in my movie.” Chanyeol proposed and Sehun positively widened his eyes. Right before Sehun said anything, Chanyeol beat him to it. “Listen okay, this is for my—our final assignment. Kyungsoo and I already very desperate and we have to make sure this movie gets an A+ so Kyungsoo will be the Valedictorian of my major and I am guaranteed to be working at SBC. We are now looking for the female main lead, but we’re really expecting you to be male main lead.” Chanyeol made some desperate faces, because actually he really was. Graduating meant everything for a senior like him, “I would pay you! How much? 100,000 Won will do? I don’t have that much for now but I promise I would—”

 

“—Hyung, I won’t ask for money!” Sehun cut him off and sighed. “You’re my friend, the one that made me who I am today. For Christ’ sake it would make me so low if I ask for a paycheck. But hyung…, seriously, a movie? I can’t even act to get myself together…, let alone a movie. What if I let you down? What if I don’t fit Kyungsoo-hyung’s expectation?”

 

“You will do just fine Oh Sehun. Come on, please? Kyungsoo will cut my balls if I don’t get yes from you—why are you laughing? I’m being serious right here! Kyungsoo made me swore that if I don’t get a yes, he would hunt me down and cut my balls.” Chanyeol made some frightened expressions. “Come on, I promise the shooting won’t disturb your practice schedule.”

 

Sehun sighed and took a moment to think. He made Chanyeol wait for about five minutes before opening his mouth and was interrupted by his fellow teammate Kim Jongin, wet and smelly after extra practice. “Hun-ah, Eunji-noona wishes me to send you a message; if you don’t get your out in fifteen, I will leave you alone and I swear I won’t give you company for practices anymore.

 

“Oh .” Sehun then sprinted to his locker, with of course, Park Chanyeol followed him behind. Sehun quickly put on his outfit; just a thin sweater and pair of denim pants. Sehun took out his backpack and turned his head to Chanyeol. “Okay I will do it hyung. Just text me where and when, also send me the script okay? I need to at least know what bull I will be in.” Sehun then tapped his upper arm and excused himself before bolted out from changing room leaving Chanyeol alone and Jongin shaking his head.

 

“Who is Eunji?” Chanyeol turned to Jongin that was taking off his sweaty tee. “And why does he look terrified when you passed her message? Is she his girlfriend or something?”

 

Jongin cackled. “Nope, Sehun is very much single if you are curious and Eunji is his noona friend, they are neighbors or something like that. He of course looks terrified because Eunji-noona will do that if he disobeys.”

 

“Eunji-noona…, you know her too?” Chanyeol squinted.

 

“Everyone in this team, everyone that knows Sehun of course knows Eunji-noona. They stick together like gum.”

 

“Hmm…” Chanyeol just gave a nod before he tapped Jongin’s back and walked out of the changing room with Kyungsoo’s number dialed. As soon as he got a greeting in Kyungsoo’s usual gruff tone, he let out the widest smile as he started to singsong, “Guess who got Sehun as our main cast?”

###

Eunji walked in to the classroom with a sigh before she walked to her usual seat. She had a frown on her face when there was a familiar ball of paper on the table. She looked around before sitting down and looking around the empty classroom. The frown was still there when Eunji slowly opened the ball and realized it was her handwriting from yesterday. So the janitor didn’t throw this away? She wondered before she turned the paper and found something; it was a horribly readable handwriting.

 

After a while, when I recognized you

Everything was clearly changing

My world separates to before and after knowing you

 

When you breathe, a warm wind blows

When you smile, dazzling sunlight shines

 

And below the lyric, there was a drawing of a camera and a smiley, with a little note under; Hi there! Looks like you are writing a song or a poem? Knowing that this is School of Music so my best guess is you are trying to make a song. The one you did before is nice actually, I like it. It inspired me to do something I’ve never tried before; writing lyrics. Anyway, wish you like it too and good to know you ^^

 

Eunji couldn’t help but broke into soft laughs before holding the paper close to her chest. She looked at the lyric over again before she took out her notebook and tore a page off and started to write again.

###

Chanyeol has written more than ten lyrics for exchange with the music kid without even knowing who they really were in real life. All information he already gathered were that she was a girl ( Kyungsoo and his stupid negativity), she attended Department of Composition and she needed a song for final assignment (that was when everything started between them), she liked tragic movies (he of course wouldn’t tell Kyungsoo about this because who knows his best friend wanted to meet her instead), and would love to see some of his works if she got the chance.

 

But whenever Chanyeol asked for her name – just to get to know her a little better, she always refused and said if they were fated they would meet anyway. That was why Chanyeol thinks he supposed to find out by himself; by coming earlier to B.01 room and found out who it might be.

 

Kyungsoo watched his best friend stepped in to cafeteria and grabbed his lunch before went to sit down across him with a frown. He sneaked a look and found Chanyeol was heaving a deep sigh before went back to type something on his laptop. “Failed again?” Kyungsoo asked rhetorically and got the taller nodded.

 

“If only the bus didn’t break down dude! If only…,” Chanyeol sighed. “I was only five minutes late and the room was already empty! The only thing that I got was the usual ball with her lyrics. What’s with the hidden identity? Why won’t she meet me?” Chanyeol looked over devastated and sipped his green tea. “I mean… I would accept her in any form!”

 

“Right…,” Kyungsoo nodded with mockery thick in his tone. “What if she’s fat and not pretty like her lyrics or at least like you expected her to be? Will you still accept her?”

 

It was a quick silence before Chanyeol replied, “I won’t even ask her to be my girlfriend or something at first meeting.” Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo that was furrowing his brows. “Anyway how did the meetings with our potential female casts?”

 

Kyungsoo scoffed. “You ing . You offered me the very gorgeous ones—”

 

“—the gorgeous ones attract more attention, you know it.” Chanyeol shrugged.

 

“Yeah but those gorgeous girls you asked me are ing expensive. We barely eat and they asked us to provide caviar for their lunch?!” Kyungsoo closed his laptop and opened his notebook furiously.

 

Chanyeol hissed, “Yoona-noona asked for caviar?” Kyungsoo nodded. “Of course she would, she is an A-list actress.” After he saw Kyungsoo was about to hold the fork Chanyeol used, he put it away and cleared his throat. “Sorry…, what about Jinri?!”

 

“I won’t ask a scandalous girl to act in my movie. Not happening.” Kyungsoo shook his head eagerly and continued with his results, “Soojung didn’t ask for much but then she told me that Kim Jongin, her boyfriend, would feel a little jealous if she plays with Sehun. So I think she refused?” Chanyeol made a face. “Nayeon would love to come if only you agree on going for a date with her….” Seeing Chanyeol made another ugly expression, Kyungsoo knew to go on with his notes. “Then we have no potential female casts just yet.”

 

“The …” Chanyeol cursed out and Kyungsoo just kept his eyes glued on the notebook. “The deadline is a month away and we have nothing to do yet. Shoot. Can we graduate on time?” Chanyeol raked his hair.

 

“But at least we have Sehun and plot ready. We just need to find potential female cast and script. If you like this plot, I can make the script for male lead tonight and we can shoot Sehun tomorrow. We can shoot female cast’s part afterward.” Kyungsoo shrugged off and Chanyeol started to beam.

 

“Give me the synopsis.” Chanyeol asked as he started to eat his lunch. “And please don’t tell me it ends tragically.”

 

“It depends.” Kyungsoo replied briefly.

 

“On what?” Chanyeol asked back with a confused frown.

 

“On will you find the writer or not.” Kyungsoo gave Chanyeol a mighty smirk and Chanyeol knew where it would go.

 

“Holy .”

###

Jieun waved as she saw Baekhyun and Sehun walked in to cafeteria. The boys were having smiles on their faces as they stepped closer, Baekhyun took a seat next to Jieun while Sehun beside Eunji. The youngest of four raised his thick brow as he realized Eunji was into something and definitely didn’t see him coming.

 

“What’s with her?” Baekhyun nudged Jieun that was chewing her food and Jieun just shrugged nonchalantly.

 

“She’s communicating with her Romeo through paper balls.” Jieun replied and her answer got Eunji looked up as Jieun expected. “See, she looks up whenever I mention her Romeo. Seriously Eunji, this is 21st century, why on earth you exchange letters—oops, they are not letters, exchange lyrics, with someone you barely know?!”

 

Baekhyun cackled. “Wow Eunji, wow. Seriously, exchanging lyrics? So is that how composition kids find their beaus, by exchanging lyrics with someone you don’t even know?”

 

Sehun didn’t say a word instead he took away Eunji’s paper and started to read the lyrics, he even had the audacity to stand up so the shorter had to jump repeatedly to reach the lyrics – so much pain being a short one and befriending a very tall person.

 

I like the weather today, the blowing breeze is cool and nice

These days, time flies quickly

Like the time with you, every day is new for me

After this autumn, after the cold winter passes again

It’s the time you and I first met

 

“So you met this stranger after winter or something noona?” Sehun frowned as he read the sentence.

 

Figuratively Sehun,” Eunji was harrumphing as she wiped the sweats as she tried to jump for hundredth times. “Come on, give it back.”

 

When Sehun was about to retort just to piss off the older, someone with low timbre called for his name and all four persons in the table turned their heads at the person. “Hyung,” Sehun smiled and watched the person stepped closer.

 

“Hi.” Chanyeol was alone, Kyungsoo needed to go around to lobby another potential female cast. “So Sehun, about the thing we talked yesterday.”

 

“Oh right, right…” Sehun nodded and without letting go of the paper he nodded. “What’s with it hyung?”

 

Chanyeol took out a script from his backpack and handed it to Sehun. “You can read it after practice or after class, up to you. Kyungsoo told me we are going to shoot tomorrow. So please text me about your class and practice schedules so we can arrange everything.”

 

“Oh sure,” Sehun nodded. “I’ll do it right away hyung, so do you already get the female?” he asked wonderingly.

 

“Kyungsoo is still trying to reach them. But it’s okay, we can do your shoots first. No worries, Kyungsoo is smart and always know what to do. Well then…,” Chanyeol bowed lightly to three of Sehun’s friends and walked away.

 

Sehun sat down and returned the paper to Eunji before started to read the script, with of course hit Baekhyun’s hand when he was about to steal it away. Jieun didn’t say anything neither did Eunji, but Baekhyun was very nosy. So Sehun gave a brief explanation about what was it all before he continued reading his script.

 

As he read the summary, something hit him. He turned his head to Eunji and called for her. Eunji raised her brow and waited for Sehun to talk, but then he shook his head. “No noona, please continue writing for your Romeo.” He intentionally joked so Eunji burst into soft laughs and Jieun said I told you so.

 

Sehun went back for his reading and realized something as he read further. He then turned to see Eunji and asked, “Noona what if…, what if I can show you who your Romeo is?”

###

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol picked a certain coffee shop and waited patiently for Sehun since the boy said he would come late after practice. Sehun walked in just then, but not alone, he was with the person Chanyeol saw earlier and he only had wild guess that this person might be Eunji-noona that Jongin mention few days ago.

 

“Hello hyung,” Sehun greeted before he pulled Eunji closer and introduced her to them. “Kyungsoo-hyung, Chanyeol-hyung, this is Jung Eunji; my best friend and my neighbor. Eunji-noona, these are Kyungsoo-hyung and Chanyeol-hyung; my seniors. They attend Department of Film Making and are on your age as well.”

 

Eunji bowed at them and they did the same before Sehun took a seat with Eunji sitting beside him. Chanyeol watched Eunji sitting rather uncomfortably until Kyungsoo stepped on his shoes and the poor boy whined in pain. “ Kyungsoo,” he whispered before started the meeting.

 

They talked about the summary; it was about Oh Sehun, the boy from film-making major was stuck with his life after a bad breakup and started to write random notes at random places. Until one day, when he was sitting at his class he got a paper with some notes in return. His life started to move on when he found himself excited with every note he received and he realized too late that he was already in love with the person that he never knew. The latter endings were given in two; A) Oh Sehun stopped writing so he wouldn’t be hurt worse or B) He continued writing for someone that he never expected to be.

 

They talked about the possible locations for shooting; mostly at school where it cost nothing and maybe at some places later on. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo planned to make the movie lasted for fifteen minutes max and they wished Sehun to bring his outfits by himself since neither both of them capable of providing any for him.

 

“Eunji-noona majors in Composition.” Sehun said abruptly and his hyungs looked up, Eunji that was sitting alone with her iced vanilla latte turned her head as well and widened her eyes. “She can help you for the music score to make it more dramatic.” Sehun then shrugged, “Just saying though. I heard that Kyungsoo hyung needs to get an A+ for this movie…,”

 

As he was saying, Sehun’s eyes never faltered from Kyungsoo’s gaze. Kyungsoo then nodded understandingly before turned to Chanyeol, “Chanyeol will be responsible for the music scores. So I think you can work it out with her, hmm?”

 

There was something in the way Kyungsoo gazed at him, something that Chanyeol didn’t get it just yet – but he decided not to ask further and just nodded his head. “Of course,” he then turned to see Eunji and gave her his best smile. “It will be my pleasure to work with you.”

 

The meeting ended an hour after and Sehun suddenly said he needed to talk with Kyungsoo for the filming tomorrow. “Hyung, can you walk Eunji-noona home? She lives nearby.”

 

Eunji shook her head and about to refuse Sehun’s offer to Chanyeol, but the tallest of three nodded heartily, “Yeah sure. What do you need to talk about with Kyungsoo anyway?”

 

It missed from both eyes that Sehun looked away to avoid Chanyeol’s eyes as he picked up his bag and stood up along with Kyungsoo, “It’s about the feelings I need for this movie hyung. You know this is my first time, I need to make sure Kyungsoo-hyung satisfied with my acting skills.” Sehun gave a wide smile and reached for Eunji, patted her head as if she was the baby here and whispered something in her ear. “Okay noona?” his voice went back to normal before he then pushed Eunji closer to Chanyeol. “Text me when you’re home alright.”

 

Sehun and Kyungsoo then walked out first, leaving Chanyeol and Eunji stared at each other shyly. Chanyeol raked his hair before he then gestured Eunji to walk. She nodded and they left the coffee shop as soon as possible.

###

“So how long do you know Sehun?” Chanyeol asked wonderingly. “You seem very close to him.” He quickly added, afraid Eunji might get the wrong idea.

 

“Well we are neighbors; our parents are close, so naturally I get along with him too. But I never imagined Sehun would grow up to be as gorgeous as he is today. If I ever knew he would, I’d totally said yes when he asked me out.” Eunji chuckled and Chanyeol was stunned.

 

“He asked you out?” Chanyeol raised a brow and Eunji nodded cheerfully. “When, how…?”

 

Eunji didn’t think much about the weirdness in Chanyeol’s tone, she shrugged them off with a reply, “When I was like…., fifteen or something. He’s a year younger, and he followed me a lot. But I was young, puberty hasn’t hit Sehun like a train, and I’ve always considered him as a baby brother. So I told him no.” Then Eunji changed the topic, splendidly easy and well that Chanyeol couldn’t even mention Sehun and the newest fact he got just now.

 

“Kyungsoo and I decided to make this movie because it happened on real-life, my life. I’ve been exchanging letters with someone I never knew. The only things I know are; she’s a girl, a music kid, and has classes in B.01 room. She doesn’t tell me her name even after I begged her to…, and I always missed to confront her in that room.” Chanyeol sighed. “That’s why Kyungsoo provides two endings – because he wanted to know which one will be my ending.”

 

Eunji just looked at him with meaningful eyes, “Maybe she is scared.” She said lowly, like a whisper that got Chanyeol turned his head at her. “What if after you know her…, you turn out not want her anymore?”

 

“But we are friends, how could I not want her anymore? I won’t judge her or anything if she’s nothing alike to what I expected.” Chanyeol frowned and shoved his hands deep inside the pocket pants.

 

The rest of their trip to Eunji’s dorm filled with silence and their loud thoughts.

###

Eunji then happened not only to be the music score composer to help their movie, but also Sehun’s personal stylist slash makeup artist, Kyungsoo’s camera assistant, and Chanyeol’s prep assistant. She spent most of her free time by giving hands to pick best outfits for Sehun to wear on shooting location, buying Kyungsoo espresso and helping him to pick the best angle of Sehun, and going to market near campus to buy some stuffs to make the shooting felt alive.

 

Jieun and Baekhyun too were asked to become cameo for the short-movie, as being the potential senders. Since Kyungsoo and Chanyeol haven’t met the right person to be female main lead, they shot mostly on Sehun’s parts. Sehun was very tired by sparing times between classes, practices, and shooting, but he was being professional very well and that made Eunji too felt energized.

 

Today was the other day of Chanyeol asking her out to edit first parts of their movie at the coffee shop they met properly. Since Chanyeol had applications on music scoring in his laptop, so he let Eunji to use it and also showed some of his trials to get her comments. She picked the good ones that she and Chanyeol considered would fit the scene.

 

“So do you know the ending yet?” Eunji suddenly burst out with the question, tried to sound and look natural – as if she wasn’t nervous at all. To make her look like it meant nothing, Eunji then gazed up to find his eyes – just to fall a little bit deeper in those dark, big orbs that has been filling her dreams after she knew he was the Romeo she was looking for.

 

Chanyeol gazed back, straight between her eyes and looked away seconds after. He shook his head. “Not yet. I don’t even know whether I will be able to keep it going if she still refuses to tell me who she is.”

 

“Why does her identity mean a lot for you? Why don’t you just go along with the flow? Maybe she’s shy, maybe she’s scared. Maybe she thinks she would fall in love with you if she knows who you really are…,” she sighed before turned her voice into a whisper, “Because she falls in love with your lyrics already.

 

Thankfully Chanyeol didn’t hear anything. Chanyeol sipped his iced chocolate and then sighed, “Because I can’t live in my fantasy forever. The more she refused to tell me who she is, the more I kept thinking that she might not be everything I expected her to be. I don’t want to feed my fantasy,”

 

There was something in his tone that Eunji didn’t fond of, something that urged her to ask further, something that might end their relationship. “In your fantasy, who do you think her to be?” Eunji maintained the calmness in her tone.

 

“I don’t know…,” he shrugged then wondered. “Kim Yura maybe? She’s a music kid, Composition major too – so maybe she writes lyrics for her school stuffs, and because she’s a music kid so of course she might be having classes in the room. I saw her couple times walking out of B.01 but I never dig further.”

 

Eunji swallowed, something pounded hard in her chest, and something hit her that almost made her cry. “… What if it’s just me? What if the writer turns out to be me?” Eunji was this close to burst out, but she hid it well by gripping the hem of her sweater and swallowed to ignore the bitter in her tongue.

 

She saw Chanyeol widened his eyes for a second, she saw him his lips, and she saw him giving a short moment to think before shrugged with a small, teasing smile. “Then you are not what I expected to be, you are not my type.”

 

Maybe Chanyeol said it for fun, maybe Chanyeol meant no harm. But his words obviously stabbed Eunji right in the heart and made it stop beating.

 

Chanyeol saw the tear rolled down on her left cheek and he widened his eyes in surprise. “Eunji, are you okay? Yah Eunji!”

 

He tried to catch her arm but she yanked it away, she took her things and bolted as soon as possible. Chanyeol was about to run after him but he was paused since he had to tidy his things up. He shoved his laptop back in hurry before walked out of the coffee shop. But at the time he went out, he looked back and forth; Eunji was already nowhere to be seen.

 

Chanyeol was very much ed up.

###

To find Eunji daydreaming was already a habit; she liked to do it so she could feel something for her songs – so her best friends usually just let her be. But to find Eunji daydreaming with swollen eyes and tears involuntarily rolled down was nowhere close to a habit, it was new and her best friends didn’t like it at all.

 

They got her sitting alone in practice room, thanks to Choi Jinhee that happened to see her around and told Sehun when they passed by. She was sitting in front of the grand piano, eyes bloodshot, unfazed, and empty. She didn’t even notice her best friends slowly walked in to reach her.

 

It was Jieun that understood quickly, then she took a seat next to her and touched her shoulder, soft enough just to get her attention. Eunji then turned her head, not being surprised at all with them here, but her lips trembled and she was about so say something.

 

“What should I do?” Eunji already burst in tears and Jieun panicked. She hurriedly pulled her best friend to her arms and hugged her tightly. Eunji then wailed, very saddening, that enough to make Baekhyun and Sehun frowned. “I really, really like him. I fall in love with his lyrics, and I ended up falling also for him in person. Jieun, he said if it was me…, Jieun….,” Eunji wailed crazily, sadly, that made Baekhyun went to pat her head and whispered soft soothing words, while Sehun gritted his teeth.

 

“I’m not everything he expected me to be…,” Eunji choked in her tears and Jieun held her even tighter. “Why does this hurt so much Jieun… Why can’t I stop crying… Jieun… Baekhyun… Sehun…”

 

The practice room was filled with sadness and tears, something that would make a perfect breakup song. But the question is; why is there a breakup when nothing ever started at the first place?

###

It’s been Chanyeol’s umpteenth attempt to reach Eunji but her phone was not active. He clicked his tongue and wondered if she was still annoyed with his words last night. But he didn’t mean them for real, it was just for fun. Eunji was a horrible jokester just like him, and usually she always laughed at his sarcasm, but why yesterday she instead cried?

 

Chanyeol also finally managed to get Kim Yura for interview to be the female main lead for the movie. Yesterday after Eunji-incident, he bumped into her when she was about to walk in to the coffee shop to get her usual blueberry muffin and chamomile tea. He asked her professionally and she agreed to be interviewed by him and Kyungsoo also.

 

So there he was; with Kim Yura at the coffee shop with a cup of chamomile tea for Yura and iced chocolate for Chanyeol, as they waited for Kyungsoo that happened to have business to settle first before he went here.

 

But he didn’t expect Kyungsoo would come along with an intruder that now had his face burning in anger and short intake of breath.

 

“You are an . Do you know that? A ing, certified .” Sehun barged in to the table were Yura and Chanyeol were sitting. He was heaving sigh and he got the shirt crumpled, behind him was Kyungsoo followed with a cup of espresso.

 

“What the hell Sehun!” Chanyeol looked around as Sehun started to attract people’s attention. “Sit down and we’ll talk.”

 

We’ll talk? The hell with the talk dude, I’m already talking so just ing hear me out.” Sehun harrumphed. “How could you do that? How could you say something horrible like that? How the could you say that Eunji-noona is not your type at all?”

 

Chanyeol widened his eyes and Sehun knew he hit the bullseye. “It doesn’t mean that way. So you’re mad at me because I said that?” Chanyeol stood up as well, eyeing the younger and smirked. “Why, are you jealous?”

 

Sehun scoffed. “Jealous? Who, me, of who, you? We’re not even alike hyung, seriously. You’re so ed up. I always know you judge someone by their appearance, but it never crossed my mind that you would do that too on my friend. Eunji-noona is something else hyung, she’s more than your shallow judgment. You didn’t know what you missed hyung.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Chanyeol gazed up at Sehun in full confusion of not knowing what was really going on.

 

Instead of answering his question, Sehun took out something from his backpack and threw them carelessly on the table. Chanyeol was about to ask when he realized his handwriting on one of the papers and realized they were lyrics he and whoever it was shared. As he was hit by a realization, he looked up and found Sehun was looking down at him.

 

Without saying anything, Sehun turned his back against Chanyeol and walked out. Kyungsoo was about to walk away just like Sehun did and Chanyeol stopped him to. “Do you know about this?” he asked hoarsely, hands slowly touched the papers and brought them close to him so he could read them better.

 

“Of course,” Kyungsoo nodded. “I realized it as soon as Sehun brought her to the coffee shop.” Kyungsoo sighed and sipped his coffee. “Sehun didn’t bring Eunji there for fun and I desperately tried to tell you Chanyeol, but you were too immersed with the picture perfect of Kim Yura instead, so I thought why should I tell you,” Kyungsoo shook his head, “But telling a person right on their face that they are not your type…, is not nice Park. Sehun is right; you’re so ed up.”

 

With that, Kyungsoo turned his back against Chanyeol. He didn’t even bother to look over when Chanyeol called for his name. Chanyeol sat back abruptly and looked at the papers, now he realized he just committed a very big mistake.

 

“Is everything okay?” Yura asked him wonderingly, because Chanyeol’s expression was very unreadable.

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “I’m sorry, but I have to go. I’m sorry Yura, I really am.” Chanyeol took his backpack and stormed out, leaving Yura inside the coffee shop, confused and alone.

###

Eunji finally managed to mend her heart and decided to quit Kyungsoo’s movie. Kyungsoo understood and said if it was for the best, he would always support her, Kyungsoo was also thankful for the help she gave in the past three weeks – but when he mentioned Chanyeol, Kyungsoo knew her hardened expression asked him not to talk about it at all.

 

Eunji decided to move her seat from the usual one, because for a week the lyrics were still there – as if waiting for her to be read and written back. Eunji walked out of the room as fast as she could, and she was lucky enough because Chanyeol never tried to confront her in person.

 

She also managed to finish her song in time; she wouldn’t lie to tell that song wasn’t about or related to Chanyeol. She wrote the song in tears with Jieun companied her and Baekhyun helped finding the right notes for the song, Sehun came by anytime he could with funny story of Jongin this, Jongin that – never he mentioned about the movie he worked on. Eunji was curious, but she didn’t want to ask. She wondered about how that boy was, but his words wounded her.

 

Eunji thought she fell too much for her heart could handle.

###

When Jieun asked her out for female bonding time, it never crossed her mind that Jieun would drag her to this place – where she swore on her grandma’s grave that she would never come for any reason.

 

But Jieun said this was Sehun’s acting debut so as his best friends Eunji should show some support, and Jieun added that her presence might be very much needed since Sehun and Eunji were very close – so Eunji ended up coming.

 

Eunji saw many people in the Department of Film Making inside their theatre. She sent a quick scan around the people and found Sehun was talking to Kyungsoo and Chanyeol wasn’t around them.

 

Then Jieun pulled Eunji close to them to pick a seat because the movies would be started anytime soon. Eunji didn’t think of anything when Jieun brought her to sit down on a line of empty seats – because she thought other seats next to her would be filled anytime soon anyway.

 

As soon as the movie started, Eunji found a familiar figure in the movie; it was Oh Sehun acted out, he was letting out a smile as he read another of letter today. He was writing back to whoever it was, as he placed the letter on the usual place, which was glued under the table.

 

“There’s a surprise at the ending.”

 

Eunji knew to whom that voice belonged to, as she turned her head to her right side and found the most sparkling, brightest pair of eyes even in the dark. She too could see his smile from the way he talked. The pain from the past suddenly emerged out and Eunji was feeling overwhelmed with her feelings and also this boy.

 

Eunji then stood up, didn’t say a word she walked pass Jieun and about to get out of the small theater, surprising every eyes that watched the movie because the hasn’t even started yet.

 

Chanyeol then ran after her, this time he made sure he got her. “No, no, no, no, no!” Chanyeol stretched out his long arms to stop Eunji from walking away. The female stopped abruptly but refused to look up to him. Chanyeol understood, he was an after all. He didn’t expect he would earn her forgiveness so easily after what he did. “I know you hate me, but can you at least…, watch the movie until it finish?”

 

“Why should I?” Eunji hissed angrily.

 

“Please,” Chanyeol practically begged for her to stay. Chanyeol was about to touch her so she would face the screen, but it stopped midway as he remembered she might not like it. Chanyeol pulled back and he was relieved because Eunji at least didn’t run away. Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo that kindly paused the movie because of the scene, and gave a small nod.

 

Kyungsoo pressed the button on his laptop and the movie started to play.

###

The movie went on; now Sehun was torn between falling for his fantasy or believing in his reality. In his fantasy, Sehun thought of a person, a girl, which looked so perfect in everything and has always been his dream girl. But in reality, he was provided a person, a girl, which nothing alike to his dream girl but caught his attention – he fell for her smile, he fell for her kindness, he fell for her energy that never drained even though Sehun knew she was exhausted and needed rest.

 

The movie ed with Sehun slipped wrong words, because either of his stupidity or his nervous state, that caused the girl angry and walked out, not only from the classroom but also from his life. Sehun seemed frustrated and angry, even angrier when his guts told him the truth; the girl he met on the first meeting was indeed the person that was writing back the letters for him.

 

The movie then went on with him going for her showcase, the girl that turned out majoring in Composition and was picked to perform in the showcase since her song got the highest score. Sehun heard from her friends her song was picked because it was soothing, calming, and even though it seemed like a breakup song, she sent the lyrics and tune to the audience very well and beautifully.

 

When the warm spring wind brushes my cheek?

Will spring come into my frozen heart as well?

Is it love?

 

I think spring is coming again

Almost sick of the cherry blossoms

They bloomed overnight, I hate it

But spring is coming again

 

You’re the spring, spring, spring, spring

You, where did you go?

You’re the spring, spring, spring, spring

The spring wind is blowing

 

Sehun watched her sing, and she accidentally caught his eyes among the crowd watching her performance. Sehun watched her looking away with a smile, finishing her song. Sehun watched her ending her performance with a smile and a tear rolled down on her left cheek. Sehun watched her walking down from the stage and they were standing by each other.

 

But Sehun didn’t apologize, and the girl seemed not need any of it. They just nodded their heads to acknowledge each other, and he was stilled, frozen when she walked pass by him to reach another man that brings her flowers and smiles.

 

In the end Sehun looked up at the blue sky and whispered to the white clouds that slowly moved, “I want her to be happy, and if it’s not with me that’s fine, because she is the only person I have loved enough to put before myself. Seeing her happy, makes me happy. And…, that’s what love is… Right?” Sehun covered his slanted eyes with his palm, before walking away from there.

 

The movie ended by showing Sehun’s back and also a very familiar voice singing to a song. It showed Fin before the screen slowly turned dark.

###

Eunji realized everything was alike to her reality; included the song that was elected, Sehun waited for her with a bouquet of roses along with Baekhyun and Jieun, and the song on the ending scene was definitely her voice and it was definitely her demo song for the final assignment.

 

She turned to look up at the boy, as the lights slowly . Eunji knew people were not moving on their seats but their eyes were directed at two of them; the movie maker and the guest.

 

“I’m sorry.” Chanyeol said hoarsely. “It’s been in my guts from the beginning that Sehun brought you to come at the meeting for a reason, but it was a very stupid of me for not thinking about the possibility that you might be the writer – the person that exchanged lyrics with me. I’m sorry Eunji, for the words I said that day. I never meant it that way, I said it because again, it was a stupid of me to think of other ways…, because have you ever feeling so nervous when someone you might like looking at you right in your eyes and didn’t even blink at all? It was a very ing stupid of me, so I’m sorry. I’m sorry for being stupid, I’m sorry for being an , and I’m sorry for using your song without your consent. I’m sorry too for begging Jieun so she could bring you here today. Because if I failed today, I knew my chances are blown away.”

 

Eunji just watched him intently. She liked this person too much that even though his words wounded her, his sincere apologize was enough to mend the broken pieces. “I forgive you.” Eunji answered calmly and Chanyeol looked down at her in amazement. Eunji felt bad because Chanyeol seemed to be thinner since the last time she saw him.

 

Then Chanyeol picked out something from his pocket, a ball of paper and reached out so Eunji could pick it. With raising her eyebrow, Eunji picked it up and opened it slowly.

 

She found some words, but this time it wasn’t a lyric like they have been shared for the past weeks. It was a quote, from a very famous movie titled Nothing Hill – it was Chanyeol’s favorite guilty pleasure movie, she knew when they were sitting down together for editing the music score, and he confidently told her that little fact.

 

The quote was supposed to be said by Anna Scout or Julia Roberts to William Thacker or Hugh Grant, but this time it was reversed.

 

I'm also just a boy, standing in front of a girl, asking her to love him.

 

She looked up and found Chanyeol looked very nervous, he looked away – just like what he did when Eunji stared at him far too long. She broke into a small smile, a happy one before he reached for his hand.

 

“But you said I’m not your type.” She as slowly Chanyeol looked down and intertwined her small fingers with his giant ones.

 

“You’re not, you turn out to be so much more than a type; you’re my muse.” Chanyeol leaned down to peck her smiling lips.

 

Under the eyes of guests and friends inside the theater, under the spring season where blossoms were the most beautiful, two fourth-year hearts are aligned and fated to be together after all.

 

 


April 18th 2017.

Exactly a year ago, I wrote Spring Love to support Eunji’s solo debut and also because the weird urge inside my brain since Chanyeol and Eunji were seemingly sending signals for their cherry blossoms posts – and also do any of you recall when Chanyeol posted his picture walking on the railway that turned out was in Eunji’s music video later on?

 

Well this year, I wanted to support my baby fairy again with her solo comeback, The Spring! It’s such a very beautiful, soothing song – no wonder there are people called her Spring Queen since she knows what song fits my favorite season ever. Another reason for this oneshot is also because I’m officially a graduate – I finally managed to finish my major right on time, just like what I wished! And also because I missed every one of you, I miss to talk to you, I miss the sensation of writing, and I miss to smile when I read your comment.

 

And before I go on vacation after graduation ceremony, I decided to write this too – because my sister made me promise to write something before I go. So I’m hoping you find this endearing and worth reading.

 

Why Chanyeol-Eunji? Because they seem perfect with each other, because the posts I’ve seen and liked on Instagram – like the similar Gucci brand that they wore (Eunji the bag, Chanyeol the shoes and bomber jacket) also on the same date 170409 they put on same brand and type of snapbacks – just different colors. MY FEELS.

 

I wish you have a good day and enjoy this failed attempt of fluff one-shot, and thank you for stopping by! I’ll see you on other stories of mine ^^