Dangers

Our Story

WARNING: Character death (don't say I didn't warn you)

Word Count: 657

 

Sunggyu hadn't expected this at all. He would have chided himself, but the slam of the door brought him back to reality. This wasn't the time to lament, time was ticking. He stared at the other who was staring right back at him, both trying to work something out. It was safe to say the man across him hadn't expected something like this to ever happen, too. They were both the best at their jobs, and Sunggyu only got even more confused as the seconds went by. How did everything come to this? For once, he had no answer. And judging by the other's expression, he had no clue either.

 

But Sunggyu knew the dangers of the job they both held. He knew how easy it was for either of them to receive news that the other was dead. He knew the man opposite him knew too.

 

"Hyun-ah, remember the first time we met?" The other nodded.

Sunggyu smiled slightly. "I fell for you straight away."

"I did too." Woohyun replied softly.

"Hyun-ah, remember the time I thought you were dead?"

"Which time, princess?" Woohyun chuckled, Sunggyu smiling a little wider.

"Every single time, Hyun."

Woohyun nodded again. "Every single time."

"Remember-"

"Gyu, please stop." Sunggyu bit his tongue, nodding slightly.

Woohyun took a deep breath, looking away, but that didn't fool him. Sunggyu heard the pain in the forced chuckle earlier, and he knew his own smile didn't reach his eyes. Sunggyu knew the both of them were just trying to distract themselves, trying to not think about the fact that the both of them were sitting here, facing each other, the irony of it all.

 

"I love you, Hyun-ah." Woohyun turned to face him again.

"Me too, Gyu. I love-"

They were interrupted by the door banging open. Where had all the time gone? Sunggyu bit his tongue again, harder this time, feeling blood.

"Time's up, loverbirds. So, who's it gonna be?"

"Him." He spoke up before Woohyun could protest, the latter shaking his head fervently.

"Gyu, please."

"C-Captain Nam Woohyun." He tried to keep his voice from trembling. Woohyun looked at him with a pained expression, but didn't say anything else. "T-this is an order. Close your eyes."

"Y-yes sir." Woohyun was biting his lip, as his eyes fluttered close.

Sunggyu's lips trembled as he heard the safety click of the gun. Woohyun's eyes opened for a second before he closed them again, but it was enough for Sunggyu to see the tears in them.

 

I'm sorry, Hyun-ah. I hope we meet again, in better circumstances, where our lives would not be in constant danger.

 

He watched as the gun was pointed at Woohyun's head, feeling his heart clench, but he refused to cry. He refused to give that privilege to the enemy. He squeezed his eyes shut instinctively when the gun trigger was pressed. A gun shot rang out, but he refused to open his eyes. He couldn't, not when Woohyun would be sitting right in front of him, but with no life. He tried to breath, but his heart was in so much pain he was gasping. He let a small whimper escape his lips, clenching his teeth immediately afterwards to stop the tears from escaping as well.

"I'm sorry we're late, Colonel." A voice said.

He shook his head, eyes still shut tightly. The voice sounded familiar, and judging by how he was addressed, he was saved. But yet, not quite. It was too late, he might as well have been dead too. He couldn't open his eyes, it was too much for him to bear. The thought that Woohyun was de-

He gasped again, not wanting to finish the thought. He felt his resolve crumble, and once the first tear slipped out of his eye, he couldn't stop it anymore. The dreaded thought passed through his mind, sending pain worse than any injury ever down his entire body.

 

Woohyun was dead.

A/N: I'm back! With a ty chapter, I'm sorry (not really :X). Anyways, to make up for this (depressing drabble), I'm having another update which will probably be up by tomorrow (it's 13 May 1215AM here now), once I've checked through it. This is NOT beta-ed so please pardon me, also it is midnight here rn so I should probably be in bed because I have class in 8hours.

PS: Woohyun's solo debut anniversary just passed, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY NODDY'S APPA ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

PPS: SUNGGYU'S THE ANSWER SECOND ANNI OMG.

PPPS: INFINITE V SOON PLEASE, OR ANY OF THE MAIN VOCALS' SOLO AGAIN PLEASE.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I FORGOT TO UNTICK THE DRAFT BOX. It's 13 May 10PM here so second update is coming!