ー the first sample

 ー s c o o p s o f l i f e ( apply open! )
Please log in to read the full chapter
homeinformationcharactersupdatescredits scoops of life
ice cream & coffee · T · H · E · · · F · I · R · S · T · · · S · A · M · P · L · E ·       “So, Han called me today at four-forty in the afternoon to tell me to be at this place in twenty minutes—otherwise known as scoops. Mind you, I was asleep and this jerk has the audacity to call me in for something I don’t know about? Well, I told him no and then he told me he’s holding an impromptu meeting and hasn’t told Jaesun about it yet either. I told him I’d go just to see what would happen. And, well…” — Kim, Minseok       · H · E · L · P · · · W · A · N · T · E · D ·       The piece of paper in front of Jaesun is a vibrant blue, almost neon with how bright it is, and it reminds him of the clear blue skies outside. Though, if he’s being completely honest, he’d rather be staring at the sky and wondering if a cloud will suddenly appear, quite literally, out of thin air. It would be quite the sight–very calming and nothing like the fatigue and exasperation actually pulling at him right now, at the very sight of this very bright, very neon-colored paper.

“Now,” Jaesun demands, sighs, without even looking away from the words printed on the paper. “Please explain to me what I’m staring at.”

Looking to his left, he sees Soojung already looking outside the shop windows, obviously as uninterested as he feels, but then he turns to his right and Minseok is sitting there, sipping on a cup of steaming hot coffee blankly staring into space in the middle of the table. Neither of them says anything–neither of them moves–and Jaesun thinks it’s too early to be involved in anything like this.

“You’re staring at a flyer” comes a quiet voice, in front of him, where the shuffling of papers almost drowns out the voice’s words. And when Jaesun looks up, Lu Han isn’t even staring at any of them. He looks distracted, constantly moving extra flyers and other papers around, and Jaesun thinks it’s way too early for this. It’s five-twenty in the afternoon, they’re sitting in an empty, closed shop, and they shouldn’t even be in there for another four hours. At least.

Jaesun sighs. “Han,” he calls, watching as Lu Han jumps a bit in his spot, head snapping up to look at him with wide eyes. “Why did you call for a meeting this early if we’re all practically dead right now?”

“Dead is a relative term,” Minseok mumbles into his cup, before taking another sip.

Jaesun simply squints his eyes at the man who still refuses to return back from space.

“Right,” Lu Han says, finally stilling his hands enough to slam them down on the table between all of them. It’s effective in its purpose–if it even has one–and brings all of their attentions back to him. “You are staring at a flyer,” he repeats, leaning over the table to stare at each one of them purposefully.

Soojung rolls her eyes. “Yes, as you’ve said.”

“And–” Lu Han emphasizes, glaring back at her, bef
Please log in to read the full chapter