First Hug

마법사와 왕자(The Sorceress and The Prince)

The assassin found himself tied up kneeling on the ground with two blades aimed at his neck.

"How come you are still not speaking?" Prince Bogum asked. "You are lucky that Irene is keeping you alive," the prince added. 

Irene said, "Be patient, wangja (prince). You are correct, though; Not one word has been from his..."

"What is it?" Prince Bogum asked as Irene stopped her sentence. 

Irene suddenly picked the assassin from his neck and forcedly opened his mouth. 

"Unnie!" Joy cried as she and the other Red Velvet members appeared. 

Irene and Prince Bogum step-sided as an arrow hit the assassin. However, as the six people looked around, no one was around. 

"Mwonya..." Prince Bogum said. 

 

Crowned Prince Jin, Prince Suga, Prince Jimin, and Prince Bogum were in front of the King at his court the next morning.

"Joesonghamnida, Pyeha," Prince Suga said, "We failed to catch the assassins. I myself have not seen even a shadow. My way was too off."

Prince Bogum looked at his brother, suprised; how can someone said to be skillfull as Suga miss the whole horde of assassins? 

"Pyeha," Prince Jimin said, "I saw some assassins, but was surprised at their huge numbers. I went back to seek help from the royals guards; we lost them, however. Joesonghamnida."

"Joesonghamnida, Pyeha," Crowned Prince Jin said, "This is all my fault. I should have been the one--"

"Kuman," the King said and questioned, "You could not even get hold of even a small piece of information?"

No prince answered. The King then turned to Prince Bogum and said, "I have not heard you speak."

Prince Bogum, "I...Joesonghamnida, I have failed you as well."

The King, disappointed, said, "Ka (Go)."

The four princes bowed, and the two left; Crowned Prince Jin was stayed and so did Prince Bogum. 

"Pyeha," Prince Bogum said, "I cannot disclose if--"

The King raised his hand and said, "Na ara (I know)." After he said, the King ordered his men to move out except for RapMon-sangseon and V-hakja who is beside him. At a bright flash of light, Red Velvet appeared. Wendy and Seulgi raised their hands, and the King's throne room became shielded by an invisible shield made from air and water vapor. 

"No one can hear us now," Irene said.

Prince Bogum said, "Pyeha, Irene and I found out that the assassin are tongueless vampires."

Everyone except Red Velvet and Prince Bogum looked surprised. "Tongueless vampires? Aren't they the supposed to be protectors of an order of Buddhist monks in Pyeongyang?"

"Tongueless vampires are actually fallen monks of that order," Wendy explained, "Once a monk disobeys any of the rules of the order, he is forced to be bitten by one of the tongueless, which turns him into one." 

"These vampires have a separate temple," Joy continued, "But, according to legend, it is well-hidden and well-protected by enchantments that only members of the monk order know where it is. Rumor, though, has it that it here in Hanyang."

"Let me find it, Pyeha," Prince Bogum said, "I will help the Crowned Prince find out who is behind his attack."

"Will you be a sword for the Crowned Prince, Bogum-wangja?" the King asked.

"Ye," Prince Bogum answered. 

The King nodded and said, "Johta (Good). Sharpen yourself with Irene and Red Velvet; they can help you harness your powers even better, as they did to me."

Prince Bogum looked at Irene and said, "나는 너의 말을 받아 들일 것이다, 폐하 (I will accept your word, Your Majesty)." 

 

Prince Bogum and Taehyung were waiting in a clearing in the forest. "Taehyung-ah, Do you know this Irene?" Prince Bogum asked. 

Taehyung nodded and answered, "She was the one who actually trained me."

"Mwo?" Prince Bogum said in shock.

"You have a lot to know about her, wangjanim," Taehyung said, "I cannot disclose it for--"

Taehyung was cut by a bright flash of light. Afterwards, Irene and Seulgi appeared with RapMon-sangseon. 

Irene said, "Bogum-wangja, V-hakja, you have waited."

"Irene-gong...Seonsaengnim," Taehyung replied.

Prince Bogum said, "I agreed with the King's orders, but I need to know if I can trust you."

Irene said, "I saved your life. I report to the King everything. What else is there?"

"Where did you came from? From whose family are you from?" Prince Bogum asked. 

Irene smiled and said, "Once you become better, I will tell you."

 

Joy, Yeri and Wendy appeared near a cliff. 

"How come we cannot appear near that temple?" Yeri asked.

Wendy answered, "The temple is probably enchanted. If we did not know where to go, probably we would have gotten lost if we walked to it."

"Yah! What are you doing here?!" a voice shouted to the three girls. As they turned, they saw Prince Jungkook.

"Aren't you the three court ladies at Damiwon?!" Prince Jungkook said in shock. He added, "What are you doing here?! How did you just app--"

Joy suddenly her hands and suddenly the prince's mouth was sealed by rocks. The prince looked aghast and fainted. Wendy and Yeri shook their heads and casted fire and water around the prince to protect him. 

"If this is the place," Joy said, "Then we will find the tongueless vampires here. Let's gather more evidence before we return to Irene-unnie."

 

"Let's rest," Irene declared.

She and Bogum were having a sword fight and Bogum was kicked to the ground. 

"Ani," Prince Bogum said, "I need to--"

"Rest," Irene said.

Prince Bogum was not able to do anything but nod. Irene then extended her hand to help Prince Bogum get up. The prince grabbed her arm and held it to get up. Once up, Prince Bogum had a chance to look at Irene's face; he did not notice how beautiful the face was. 

"Why are you staring?" Irene asked.

I only realized how beautiful you are, the Prince said in his thoughts.

Irene heard the thoughts and went away to hide her blushing cheeks. 

"Soyou-unnie!" Seulgi suddenly said.

"What is it?" Irene asked, concerned.

Seulgi looked at Irene and said, "I feel that Soyou-unnie is feeling pain. Her air..."

"Where is she?" Irene asked.

RapMon-sangseon answered, "When we left the palace, I saw her going to Damiwon."

Irene declared, "Wangja, practice with V-hakja and RapMon-sangseon for now."

Prince Bogum was about to protest but the two women were gone already after a bright flash of light. "For some reason, something feels...Royal with Irene," Prince Bogum said.

Taehyung smiled and said, "Let her be the one to tell you."

 

Irene and Seulgi appeared at the hidden caves of Damiwon. As they looked around, they saw Kim-sanggung, the Chief Court Lady of Damiwon. "Sanggung," Seulgi said, "Where is Lady Soyou?"

Madame Kim said, "She is--"

"Lady Soyou!" some people shouted. 

The three ladies rushed to the room where Lady Soyou is; she was with Queen Boa and Prince Jimin. 

"Buin (wife), are you alright? Buin?" Prince Jimin repeatedly asked. 

"Unnie!" Seulgi said, worriedly waking up Lady Soyou.

They brought Lady Soyou back to the home of Prince Jimin and placed her on her bed. Irene, Seulgi and the prince were the one who put Lady Soyou on her bed. As the three were arranging stuff, Prince Jimin accidentally placed his hand on top of Irene's. Seulgi saw this and looked at the two; Irene, disturbed, suddenly went out of the room. 

"I'll finish this," the Prince said to Seulgi. 

Seulgi bowed and went out of the room. She saw Irene waiting under a tree. 

"Unnie," Seulgi asked Irene, "Do...Do you like Jimin-wangjanim?"

Irene chuckled and asked, "What makes you say that?"

"Before.." Seulgi said but was stopped when Irene held her cheeks. 

"I might have liked him," Irene said, "But I am more concerned about the safety of the people, those who we protect. I cannot be stumped by a man."

Prince Jimin then went out of the room. The prince went to the two women and said, "Seulgi-yang, can I talk to Joohyun?"

Seulgi bowed and left. Irene asked the prince, "Ne, wangjanim?"

Prince Jimin said, "Irene, I..."

"You have a wife," Irene said bluntly, stopping Seulgi in her tracks as she is not that far away. Irene continued, "I do not like the idea of my husband having multiple wives."

Prince Jimin was shocked for it is as if Irene read his mind (which Irene actually did). The Prince said, "How..."

"Joesonghamnida," Irene bowed and left. However, the Prince grabbed her by the arm and said, "I will not give up on you, Joohyun."

Irene carefully removed her arm from Prince Jimin's grip and said, "You should be careful when you say things, Jimin-wangja. You might hurt other people." 

As Irene said that, she looked at Seulgi who was walking away slowly. Irene bowed again to the Prince and left. 

 

Wendy, Joy, and Yeri were 20 feet away from the temple gates. 

"If we step in the perimeter, they will be alarmed," Joy said as she felt the ground.

"Hmmm!!!" someone made noise at the back of the three Red Velvet members. The three turned to see Prince Jungkook. Joy waved her hands and the rock blocking the prince's mouth disappeared.

"Mwora," Prince Jungkook said, "What are you doing here?!"

"Can't any of us do a memory-erasing spell?" Yeri asked, starting to get annoyed.

"Chakkaman," Wendy said, "How did you follow us?"

"By walking, of course," Prince Jungkook answered. 

Joy suddenly knelt to the ground and felt it again. Joy then said, "A normal human can walk through the enchantment without detection."

Wendy, Joy, and Yeri looked at each other in surprise. "That is the answer," Yeri answered. 

"Can someone explain?!" Prince Jungkook said desperately. 

Wendy said, "Let's bring him to Irene-unnie. Let Unnie decide."

The other two agreed. Joy was the one who held the Prince in his arm and the four disappeared. 

 

Irene and Seulgi were waiting in the study room of RapMon-sangseon with the Head Eunuch, Scholar V, Prince Bogum and Crowned Prince Jin. 

"They're coming," Irene suddenly said. 

As RapMon-sangseon raised his hand, Wendy, Joy, Yeri, and Prince Jungkook appeared. 

"Jungkook?" Crowned Prince Jin said, "What are you doing with Red Velvet?"

Irene held his neck and the Prince fell asleep. "Let's explain to him some other time," Irene said, "Jungkook-wangja can be an ally but not for now. What did the three of you found out?"

"The Temple is still the place where we suspect it would be," Wendy began, "But it is well-protected by enchantments; Anyone with powers will be detected."

"But any normal human can walk just to the gates," Joy added.

Taehyung suddenly said, "How about by the shore? The Crowned Prince's power is of water."

Wendy said, "They have to stand by the water so that the Crowned Prince will not be detected. His mean are safe in land, unless one of them is a supernatural."

"None," RapMon-sangseon said.

Crowned Pirnce Jin said, "We leave as soon as Pyeha gives us the order. Red Velvet, join me to report to the King."

"Jeongyoonnim (Crowned Prince), can the three go with you? My unnie..." Seulgi said worriedly.

'What happened to Lady Soyou?" Yeri asked.

Irene answered, "She is sick. You three go with the Crowned Prince. I'll keep Seulgi company.Wait though...If we were correct, then the benefactor of that temple is..."

"Who?" RapMon-sangseon asked. 

Prince Bogum remained quiet, as he was sure who the benefactor was. 

 

Prince Bogum rode his horse that night to the cliff that late morning. The King ordered to go to the temple at night, so Prince Bogum went ahead. As he reached the cliff, he felt the enchantment surrounding the temple; this he did not mind as he pressed on. True enough, the temple lights went on the Prince saw figures of human going to attack him. Prince Bogum formed a sword out of fire and pulled out his metal sword as well. The Prince jumped from his horse and started to attack his attackers. Each human that passes through Prince Bogum, the Prince puts his sword through them. Prince Bogum reach the temple gates with more or less 20 people dead in the path towards the temple. The Prince jicked open the door and saw a whole horde of vampires waiting to attack him. At the far end, there was a monk who shouted, "Kill the intruder!"

Prince Bogum smirked as he started to attack and kill the vampires with his two swords. Anger filled up the Prince as he sliced and slashed through the tongueless vampires. 

Only when the Prince is midway through the temple and has killed half of the vampires did the monk say, "Prince Bogum? Does your mother the Queen know this?"

The Prince replied, "You should have not talked; this is a room of tongueless beings right?!"

 

Irene suddenly felt something wrong as she was helping Prince Jimin and Lady Soyou distribute some goods to the common people. "Seulgi," Irene whispered, "I have to go. I'm feeling something is wrong."

Seulgi nodded and asked a maid to replace Irene. Irene sent a message to the King and the Crowned Prince through the winds. Irene disappeared and reappeared in front of the temple, and saw Prince Bogum; the prince was covered in blood as he and the monk were circling each other. 

"Ah, the Sorceress," the monk said as he saw Irene, "See this prince? He broke the Pact! This is treason against the King and the Royal Family."

"Your benefactor is Queen Kahi, isn't it?" Irene said in a calm vopice, surprising Prince Bogum and the monk, "Prince Suga received this in behalf of the Queen, right?"

"How..." the monk said in surprise.

Irene raised her sword, pointed it to the monk, "I, Irene, sister to Damdeok, King Gwanggaeto, finds you guilty of violating the Pact for agreeing to be servants of the Monarchy. No supernatural is a slave of the Monarch!" 

Prince Bogum smirked and said, "Guilty as charged, monk."

Prince Bogum then stabbed his two swords to the monk. Prince Bogum then looked around and saw the magnitued of his killings. "Don't look for me," Prince Bogum said as he was consumed by fire and disappeared. 

Irene released fire from her hands and burned the temple. She disappeared and reappeared at the stone stacks, a place in the Palace where the Queens would usually pray. Irene saw Queen Kahi and Prince Bogum talking. 

"Do you think I would be happy that you covered up for me?" Queen Kahi asked in disbelief. She added, "Get out; you are a disgrace!"

"What is it that you are so angry at me?!" Prince Bogum shouted at Queen Kahi.

Queen Kahi chuckled and said, "You still do not get it? You are useless! Unlike Suga who was born with powers, you are nothing!"

Prince Bogum boiled with anger and set the rocks of the Queen on fire by releasing flames from his hands.

"Mwora..." the Queen said in shock. 

"Useless?!" Prince Bogum repeated in anger. 

Queen Kahi leftPrince Bogum alone. In anger, the Prince shouted, causing multiple explosions. Irene raised her hands to make the explosions soundless. Prince Bogum turned around and saw Irene looking at him.

"I...I was thrown away just because she thought I had no power?! Is that even a mother?!" Prince Bogum cried out as his tears fell down. Irene made her sword disappear and hugged Prince Bogum.

The Prince unknowligy hugged back. 

"Why...Why..." Prince Bogum repeated.

Irene said nothing and kept on hugging the Prince; something she knew that he needed.