bonus: strangers & soulmates

best luck

Sunyoung finally meets Sehun when the next semester rolls around.

This marketing unit she’s taking has pre-assigned groups, so she squints at the namelist outside the door to find her name—

—and lo and behold, the name just underneath hers reads: Oh Sehun.

Sunyoung’s already feeling the anticipation when she steps into the classroom. She’s still a little early, so it’s relatively empty. Her eyes scan the room to find her assigned table. A smile creeps onto her face.

There was only one person sitting at her table, eyes focused on his phone. She’s never met him personally, but she’s seen enough pictures on Jongdae’s phone to know who he is. The sharp jawline and furrowed brows could only belong to one person.

Sunyoung’s grinning when she stops in front of him.

“Oh Sehun!”

He looks up at the call, his perpetual frown deepening as he tries to see if he could recognise her. Is she someone I made out with at the last party? Is this one of the girls Jongin’s tried to flirt with but failed?

She grabs his hand and his eyes bulge.

“You’re Oh Sehun, right?!”

Sehun blinks and nods slowly. He’s still trying to comprehend the situation. “...Yes…?”

Sunyoung smiles at the cute lisp he has. She shakes his hand rather violently. “Finally! It’s so great to see you!”

“Uh… Have we met before?”

Sunyoung shakes her head like she’s proud of it. There’s an unexplainable sense of camaraderie she feels with him. Sehun’s expression morphs from confused to slightly scared.

Sunyoung opens to finally spare him the curiousity, but the tutor and the rest of her group mates file into her room and she has to let go of his hand to take a seat.

The lesson begins and everyone takes a turn to introduce themselves.

“I’m Park Sunyoung,” the strange girl says, and Sehun feels even more bewildered. He’s certain he’s never met her in his life. Ever.

Fearing she might be an obsessive stalker, he avoids her bright gaze for the rest of the class.

He can feel her eyes on him from time to time and it makes him extremely nervous. He bites his lip. Maybe he should actually invest in getting a bodyguard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun’s never exited a tutorial so quickly in his life.

When the tutor was wrapping up the class, Sehun was already stuffing his laptop into his bag, eager to get out and away from the strange girl that knew his name.

He finally breathes a sigh of relief when he steps out of the suffocating environment. Looking around, his eyebrows raise as he spots an unfamiliar silhouette in the Commerce building.

“Jongdae hyung?”

Jongdae looks up from staring at his shoes and greets Sehun with a wide smile. “Oh hey, Sehun! Did you just finish a class?”

“Yeah, over there,” Sehun points to the room he’s just came out of. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m waiting for my girlfriend,” Jongdae says. He has a bashful smile on his face and Sehun thinks it’s awfully cute. “She’s having a class there too.”

“Oh, we’re in the same class?” Sehun looks back and tries to picture the faces of all the girls in his class. It doesn't help that the only face he can see is that of the strange girl’s.

“Oppa!”

He can see the top of her head as a girl rushes past and straight into Jongdae’s arms. They share a quick hug and she’s turning to face Sehun and suddenly he can’t breath.

It’s the strange girl.

“Sehun!”

Sehun knows he must look really stupid, gaping like a fish, but he can’t help it. “She… she’s your girlfriend?”

Jongdae looks a little confused, but he smiles brightly when he exchanges a look with the girl.

“What the—why didn’t you tell me!” Sehun whines to Sunyoung. “I thought you were a stalker or something.”

“I was going to after class, but then you ran out right away!” Sunyoung fires back, grinning.

“Well I wouldn’t have, if you didn’t grab my hand and scream my name!”  

Jongdae’s expression was highly amused as he turns to his girlfriend. “You grabbed his hand?”

Sunyoung bites her lip, looking a little embarrassed. “I was just so happy to finally meet him, you know?”

Sehun looks at her strangely. “Okay, spill,” he says to Jongdae, wrinkling his nose in distrust. “What the hell did you guys tell her about me?!”

Sunyoung is still staring at Sehun with shining eyes, like Sehun’s her long lost brother or something, and despite her being Jongdae’s girlfriend he is still very much freaking out.

“Why does she keep looking at me like that?!”

Jongdae chuckles. “Sunyoung is Chanyeol’s sister,” he tells Sehun, like it explains everything.

So what if she’s Chanyeol’s sister?

The last time he heard about Chanyeol’s sister it was because she’d been pranked the same w—

“Oh.”

Sehun’s eyes widen as he realises what this all means.

Oh…

His face brightens and stretches into a wide smile. Sunyoung is a little taken aback when Sehun flings his body onto hers, hugging her tightly.

Sehun is on the verge of sobbing.

“My soulmate! Someone who understands!” he cries.

Sunyoung bursts into giggles. She exchanges a grin with Jongdae over Sehun’s shoulder and her hands come up to pat the younger male’s back.

She closes her eyes and nods her head repeatedly like she knows it all.

“It’s alright, my child, just let it all out.”

Jongdae just shakes his head and wonders why he’s surrounded by overly dramatic weirdos.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

( “No. No. No!”

Chanyeol halts in his steps when Sehun and Sunyoung walk past him, chatting like best friends. They turn around at his exclamation, feigning surprise at Chanyeol’s shock.

Chanyeol’s pointing at Sunyoung, then at Sehun, then at Sunyoung, then at Sehun.

“Wh—what, how—WHY!” Chanyeol’s screaming, and it sounds very much like fear.

Sunyoung shoots her older brother a wink filled with promise. )