Home

Home

Luna had a bad day.


Amber settled for the ground in front of the couch, sitting down comfortably after nearly tripping on toys and a pacifier on the walk from the kitchen. Walking her around didn't seem to get them anywhere and now Amber could feel her playing with the collar of her t-shirt. Gently moving the little fist away, she glanced down at the big doe eyes slowly blinking up at her. Even in her state of exhaustion, the sight of the little 5-month-old was one she could never get tired of.

 

“Is someone sleepy?” Amber cooed, bringing a little hand up to her lips. Her stubborn refusal to fall asleep was evident on her face. “Is the little baby tired? Hmm? Hmm?”

 

Amber brought her knees up, moving Hee Joo so she was laying against her thighs. “You don't want to sleep?” Amber asked, knowing the answer was yes. Hee Joo let out a happy chuckle in her arms and Amber couldn’t help but bend down and press kisses all over her small body and face. “I love you,” she murmured, hearing more of her infectious laughter, “But why don't you want to sleep?” Hee Joo stretched her limbs out in her pikachu onesie and Amber caught one of her legs, kissing her little foot before moving to kiss and nuzzle her tummy. “Silly baby.”

 

She was so caught up in her affection that she didn't even hear the sound of the bedroom door, turning only when noticed a figure standing beside her.

 

“Anything left for me?”

 

Amber looked up to find Luna standing beside her, a sad and guilty look on her face. Her hair was disheveled and her sweats were riding down and all Amber wanted to do was pull her into her embrace. Sighing, she pulled the baby into her chest, stretching her legs out as she patted the spot beside her.

 

“Of course,” she told her quietly, waiting for Luna to sit. She did, and Amber quickly wrapped an arm protectively around her, “You don't ever need to ask something like that.” Amber kissed the side of her head then her cheek. Luna nodded quietly and laid her head against her shoulder.

 

“I'm sorry.”

 

“I love you,” Amber added to remind her, looking to the little one who had her arms reached out in Luna’s direction, “We love you.”

 

Luna let out a soft laugh, tears in her red and stressed eyes as gently took the baby into her arms. “I love you, too,” she whispered, cradling Hee Joo’s head against her shoulder while making sure the rest of her body was secure against her chest, “Both of you.”

 

Amber smiled, bringing her lips to Luna’s temple. “She's sleepy,” Luna noted, looking to the baby as she lightly her back.  

 

“I’ve been trying to tire her out,” Amber replied.

 

“She’s already had dinner?”

 

“Yup. Not too long ago.”

 

Hee Joo made a little sound, pulling her head back to place a hand on Luna’s face, looking at her with a tired grin. “Hi, pumpkin,” Luna said, watching the way her eyelids opened and fell, “You sleepy?” Hee Joo responded by laying her head back on Luna’s shoulder, small arm wrapping around her neck. “Someone's sleepy,” Luna concluded, gently rubbing her hand up and down her back. Hee Joo wiggled against her and Luna quietly murmured to her, calming her. Soon her movements slowed and Hee Joo’s steady breath evened out against her. Luna smiled, resting her cheek against the top of the baby’s little head, swaying slightly. Moments later, Hee Joo was completely still, having fallen deeply asleep and Luna looked up to find Amber watching her in awe. Her hand rose to tuck a strand of Luna's messy hair behind her ear.

 

“I've been trying to get her to sleep for ages,” she whispered.

 

“You're just saying that.”

 

“I’m not!” Amber touched her thigh. “You've got the magic touch.”

 

Luna knew Amber was just trying to make her feel better, making up for the day she had. Still, despite her transparency, Luna could feel the weight lift off her shoulders. Amber's hand against her thigh felt warm and Hee Joo’s little body felt even warmer.

 

Some days would be hard, but moments like this proved to her how worth it it all was. Luna looked to Amber, staring into those eyes that still managed to make her heart flutter when she let it. “I'm gonna go put her down in her crib,” Luna told her, a soft smile now reaching her eyes, “And then we’ll have a little you and me time?”


Amber watched as she skillfully rose to her feet, making her way to the nursery with their little one safe in her arms. Everyday she could ask herself, but she’d never know how she managed to get this lucky. 


K y'all I don't really have an explanation for this one. Basically I reread some good ER Reela fics and came down with a cold case of baby fever??? And after realizing I hadn't seen anything of the kind in our Lunber circle of fics...i couldn't resist. Also, don't ask me why I named the baby Hee Joo. I just thought it sounded cute okay?