Can You Stay, Please?

Daddy, Are You There?

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S FINAL NOTE: Heyyyyyyyyy~ Sorry for being MIA... May is the busiest month of a student's life... But I am back with the FINAL chapter! YAY! YOU'VE ALL MADE IT!!!! Although this chapter is fairly shorter than the others, I still hope you guys will enjoy~ Thank you everyone for giving so much support and love for this 'sudden' fic of mine (~^_^~). You guys are all precious and I love y'all so much~ 

Also, for the Hell of it, a MarkJin spin-off will be happening, so... Look forward to that if you're interested, I guess.... :D

And now, I'll leave you on your way~ Hope to see you all soon~ Stay safe and healthy~ Make good choices~ 

###

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

       For a while, Kibum just stood by his Daddy’s bedroom door. It’s still a bit early in the morning, but the little boy was impatient; he wanted to see Jae.

 

       “Young master, what are you doing here?” JYP stopped by, as he’s on his way inspecting the cleaning job of the maids.

 

       “I want to play with Jae, but Daddy said not to come in,” Kibum pouted.

 

       Glancing at the closed doors of the master’s room, JYP bit back a smirk and nodded knowingly. “You know, young master, it’s a beautiful late-summer morning, perfect for a picnic! You’re about to start a new school year next week. Now, I give you permission to go in. Wake up your father. A family bonding time in this weather is a must!” The butler smiled proudly, “I’ll go down and get ready for it!”

 

       Kibum watched the butler disappeared down the stairs. He turned back to the closed doors and wrapped his tiny fingers around the knob, twisting it like how he usually does. But for some reason, the knob won’t turn. Kibum grunted in annoyance as he struggled to turn the knob with both of his hands. He still couldn’t. A little bit upset, Kibum brought his fist up to the hard surface of the door and not-so-lightly pounds on it.

 

       “DADDY!” Kibum shouted, “Open!”

 

       After a couple of obnoxious poundings, the door finally opened, revealing a sleepy CEO with only a pairs of jeans hung low on his hips, like he had just put them on in an attempt to ‘look decent.’ “What did I told you last night, Kibum?” Jaebum groaned as he rubbed his eyes.

 

       “Jin let me in!” Kibum smiled brightly and pushed passed his father to run straight to the huge bed. He jumped on it and excitedly greeted, “Good morning, Jae!”

 

       A familiar face peeked out from the fluffy blanket with a warm smile etching across swollen lips, “Good morning, sweets.”

 

       “Did you sleep well?” Kibum asked as he plopped his body down next to his favorite person.

 

       Reaching out to pat Kibum’s head, Youngjae replied, “Yes, I did. How about you?”

 

       “I slept well! That’s why I’m so awake right now!”

 

       Youngjae chuckled softly, “That’s good. I would have be as awake as you, too, if your Daddy didn’t keep me up all night.”

 

       Immediately throwing Jaebum a blazing glare, Kibum reassured, “Daddy’s a meanie. I won’t talk to him.”

 

       Jaebum rolled his eyes and joined the two on the bed, “Whatever, I don’t need you to talk to me anyways. I got Jae.”

 

       “NO!” Kibum whined loudly and started kicking his father in a wild manner. “Jae is mine! Leave him alone! Daddy is a meanie! A meanie~”

 

       Effortlessly, Jaebum threw a leg over the small squirming body, stopping all movements from the child as well as trapping him in. “You don’t know what you’re talking about, Kibum-ah~”

 

       Youngjae smacked his boyfriend’s leg and frowned, “Don’t do that! You’ll hurt him.”

 

       Jaebum scoffed, “I can’t hurt him, though, I would-”

 

       “Jaebum!” Youngjae slapped his boyfriend’s leg again, earning a hiss from the said male.

 

       “Ouch! Okay, I got it,” Jaebum rubbed his leg and pitied himself, since it doesn’t look like anyone else was pitying for him. Beside the CEO, his son giggled happily and lifted the blanket to snuggled underneath it against Youngjae.

 

       Only to stop halfway and looked at Youngjae with innocent, confused doe eyes. “Where are your clothes, Jae?”

 

       In a quick motion, Jaebum grabbed Kibum and rolled the child over to the far edge of the huge bed, eyes narrowing in a very strict manner. Kibum pouted, demanding wildly to be brought back to Youngjae, who’s still laying there laughing as he pulled the sheets over to cover himself. Jaebum frowned, “No, bad Kibum!” And he turned over to his lover, “Put something on, Youngjae!”

 

       Mildly nodding, but still caught up in his own laughter, Youngjae reached down and grabbed a random shirt on the floor. He slipped onto it and buttoned it up all the way to the mid of his exposed neck. Jaebum was watching the whole time with his lips pursed into a thin line, “By ‘something,’ I meant your clothes, babe, not mine. Kibum is right here and you’re tempting me.”

 

       “Sorry, it wasn’t my fault you threw it so far away last night,” Youngjae rolled his eyes as he carelessly rolled up the sleeves of the Jaebum’s white dress shirt to the mid of his forearms.

 

       Kibum poked his dad’s stomach, “Can I go back over there, now? Jae got a shirt on,” then he giggled, “Maybe Daddy should also put on a shirt!”

 

       Youngjae laughed, “Yeah! Daddy should put on a shirt, too!”

 

       “Stop calling me ‘Daddy,’ oh, my God, I swear, you two…” Jaebum groaned. Youngjae reached over and ruffled his lover’s hair with a teasing smile. “And no, you still can’t go over here.”

 

       “Why not~” The child whined, hitting his fist repeatedly on the mattress, throwing a tantrum.

 

       “Because he only has a shirt on.”

 

       “Why wasn’t he wearing any clothes in the first place~ I don’t remember having to take off my clothes to sleep!”

 

       “Ki-”

 

       “It’s okay, baby, come here,” Youngjae stepped in before the father and son could go further into the discussion of sleeping without clothes. With a bright smile, Kibum happily crawled over to Youngjae’s open arms and settled his small body on top of Youngjae’s covered lap. Kibum turned his head towards his dad and stuck his tongue out. Jaebum responded with his own tongue sticking out, mocking the little boy. “Goodness, Jaebum, you’re an adult. Stop acting like child, please.”

 

       “Daddy just mad cause Jae likes me better!” Kibum cheered as he grabbed a hold of Youngjae’s neck and showered the young CEO’s cheeks with cute little kisses.

 

       Of course Jaebum wasn’t going to sit around and let his little Devil ‘steal’ his lover. And so, he joined in on the fun and kisses all over Youngjae’s neck and jaw, occasionally placing a quick peck on the younger’s plump lips.

 

       “Okay, okay, okay,” Youngjae tried to escape, but Jaebum’s grip was too strong, and Kibum’s hold was too tight. “You children can stop now. We have to get out of bed. C’mon!”

 

       Kibum stopped first and clapped his small hands together, “Oh! Jin said we’re going on a picnic!”

 

       “Picnic? Today?” Youngjae titled his head to the side.

 

       Jaebum took that chance and stole another quick kiss from those lips. “Let’s go then. It’s a Saturday, and Kibum is starting his new school year soon. Summer is ending, Youngjae-ah.”

 

       “All right, I don’t work on the weekends anymore, so let’s have a picnic.”

 

       “YAY! WE’RE GOING TO HAVE A PICNIC!” Kibum screamed while jumping up-and-down on the bed, smiling so wide that the two CEOs couldn’t help but laughs altogether. “I love you, Daddy!” Kibum placed a kiss on Jaebum’s cheek. “I love you, Jae!” And another kiss on Youngjae’s cheek. “I’m gonna go tell Jin that we’re going!”

 

       Kibum climbed off the bed and sped down the stairs excitedly. He loved the idea of getting to spend time with the two people he loves the most. “JIN! JIN!”

 

       “Yes, young master?”

 

       “We’re going to the picnic!”

 

       “I know, young master, that’s why I had everything prepared.”

 

       Kibum giggled happily, “We’re going on a picnic!”

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

       With arms spread wide and feet running through the layer of fresh, green grass, Kibum pretended he was an eagle with beautiful wings and lightning speed. He ran along the Han River, screaming and yelling with pure enthusiasm. Then, he ran back to their spot under the shades of the tree and let Youngjae feeds him a couple of strawberries.

 

       “Eat slowly, Kibum-ah,” Youngjae softly scolded as he gently wiped the corners of the child’s mouth with a napkin.

 

       Kibum grinned widely, baring teeth and said, with his mouth still full, “I likae it berriever mauchat!”

 

       Youngjae raised an eyebrow, “Yeah, how about you finish chewing and then talk.” With no further protests, Kibum obediently stopped talking and chewed his food properly. Youngjae smiled and ruffled the kid’s head affectionately, admiring the way the little boy cutely devouring his brunch like a baby squirrel.

 

       Too distracted in eagerly finishing his food, Kibum didn’t notice when his father came back with another sheet of fabric. He only looked up to catch the couple sharing a quick kiss. Kibum just smiled and went back to eating, already used to the affections those two often display.

 

       “Kibum-ah,” Jaebum stood up with the extra sheet in his hands, “Come help Daddy?”

 

       The child nodded and handed the container back to Youngjae. Kibum got up and grabbed onto the other corners of the sheet. They spread the fabric and laid it down right next to the other occupied one. Jaebum slipped out of his shoes and seated next to his lover, and Kibum climbed onto his father’s lap happily. Youngjae offered a strawberry to Jaebum, who ate it right out of his hand without hesitation. Kibum saw that and opened his mouth in “Ah,” demanding to be fed also, which Youngjae complied easily. Soon, the strawberries were all gone.

 

       “No more?” Kibum laid his cheek against his father’s chest.

 

       With a small smile, Youngjae replied, “You guys ate too much.”

 

       Kibum pouted, squirming in Jaebum’s lap to settle in a more comfortable position. He liked being cuddled like this. It makes his little heart leaped merrily with the warmth of a loving family; the warmth that he hasn’t felt in the longest time he could remember. He loves this, loves every pieces and bits of this. He loves being surrounded with the two people he holds so dear. He loves being able to laugh with them, being able to play with them, being able to just be with them. The world isn’t perfect, even Kibum knows that, but nonetheless, he thinks this is perfect. There’s nothing more he would ask for. And there’s nothing he would exchange with this. He’s a selfish young master who wants to keep everything.

 

       Kibum wished moments like this would last forever. He wished this would be forever. “I’m sorry, Dad.”

 

       Jaebum laughed, “Why are you apologizing to me? I didn’t scold you.” Patting his son’s head, Jaebum questioned, “And since when have you ever called me ‘Dad’?”

 

       Kibum rolled his eyes, hands gripping onto Jaebum’s shirt and turning his face inwards to hide his embarrassment. “I meant Jae…” His soft voice was almost inaudible.

 

       “Wha-what?” Youngjae dropped the empty strawberries container he was holding, astoundment and vivid surprise sketched all over his face, drawing a living masterpiece mashed with vibrant colors. “Kibum, what… What did-did you called me?”

 

       Jaebum looked at Youngjae with his mouth hanging open, and Youngjae looked back with the same reaction, speechless. This is the first, the first time in four months. What’s even more surprising was that it only took four months. Jaebum pulled Kibum’s face away from his chest and seriously looked at his son, “Kibum, what did you called Jae?”

 

       Cheeks painted by an adorable crimson and eyes casting down, Kibum mumbled, “I called Jae ‘Dad.’ I…” The child pondered for a bit, continuously scanning his thoughts to think of a fitting solution to the situation he had intentionally created. After a couple of seconds, Kibum confidently looked up at his father, and with a proud smile, he declared, “I want Jae as my Dad! Make it happen, pleeeeease?”

 

       The feeling was overwhelming. Both of the very well functional adults had no idea what to do. And so, the kid took over. Kibum climbed off Jaebum’s lap and crawled over to Youngjae. He pulled out his best puppy-eyes, doe and sparkling under the creak of sunlight that crept through the leaves of the tree above, “Can you stay, please? Stay with us? I know Daddy is a handful and I’m not a good kid, sometimes, but could you stay?”

 

       “What are you talking about… I’m not a handful…” Jaebum scoffed quietly on the side.

 

       Ignoring his father, Kibum advanced, “Can you be my Dad?”

 

       Youngjae didn’t know he was crying until Jaebum reached over and wiped his tears. Kibum almost panicked, thinking he had said something wrong that triggered his Jae, but Jaebum shushed him, telling the little boy that his ‘Dad’ needs a moment to process what was happening. That was enough for Kibum to remained silent and settled back into Jaebum’s embrace. They watched Youngjae wiping his tears and sniffling cutely with such adoration in their eyes. At some point, Kibum even went over and cuddled up with Youngjae, hoping to make his Jae feel better.

 

       When Youngjae had finally calmed down, he opened his arms wide as Kibum launched his small body into it. He leaned down and planted a kiss on Kibum’s head, “As long as you want me to, I’ll gladly be your ‘Dad.’ I love you, Kibum-ah. You don’t know how happy I am right now.”

 

       “So I get to call you ‘Dad’ then?” Kibum looked up, mouth curving up in a graceful, purely innocent smile. Youngjae nodded. Kibum kissed Youngjae’s cheek, “I love you, too, Dad!”

 

       “Could you two please take notice that I’m also here?” Jaebum signed, trying his best to act annoyed but failed, because the picture in front of him was too in depth with poetic means and artistic expressions of happiness.

 

       Kibum giggled and pulled Jaebum close, “I love you, too, Daddy! Don’t be jealous, please?”

 

       “Who said I was jealous,” Jaebum rolled his eyes, lips still stained with a bright smile. “Youngjae? What about you? Do you love me, too?”

 

       Youngjae just shook his head and laughed, “I don’t know. Do I?”

 

       Their son joined in with his dad, laughing and mocking Jaebum. They didn’t stop until the man was visibly upset. Even though it’s pretense, they didn’t want to press on further, because poor Jaebum. Youngjae winded his arm around Jaebum’s neck and pulled the latter in for a sweet kiss on his pouting lips, “I love you, too. I’ve told you this everyday, right?”

 

       The smile re Jaebum’s lips as he whispered against his lover’s lips, “I know. And I love you more than you could imagine.”

 

       That intimate moment of theirs would have lasted a lot longer, but Kibum was an energetic child. “YAY! WE ALL LOVE EACH OTHER!” And he jumped in between the two, happily laughing and messing around. The three struggled in a light game of wrestling before all fell in a swoop of tiredness, but smiles still grazed on their faces. Kibum rolled over onto his stomach, looking left and right at his fathers. “I’m hungry.”

 

       Youngjae and Jaebum burst out laughing for, probably, the thousandth time this morning. “All right, let’s clean up and we’ll go to grab some lunch on the way back.”

 

      “Okay, Dad!”

 

       “But I don’t want to~” Jaebum whined, rolling a couple times on the sheets.

 

       “Come on, Daddy! Stop being a baby!” Kibum scold, eyebrows furrowed, practicing his ‘authority.’

 

       “Jaebum, get up,” Youngjae sighed, “Kibum’s right. You are a handful."

 

       “HEY!”

 

       “Get up or we’re leaving you.”

 

       “Fine.”

 

       Holding Youngjae’s hand on his right and Jaebum’s on his left, Kibum grinned, feeling butterflies in his tummy as he smiles to himself, reminding himself of how lucky he is to love and be loved by the two people that given him everything this world could not offer. “We’re always going to be together?” Kibum asked when they arrived at their car. Youngjae looked at Jaebum, who looked back at him with the same amount of love in his eyes.

 

       “Of course!”