Stereotypes

Everything about VIXX

So this chapter started off when my mom triggered me off with a comment that made me half pissed. It's fine she's my mom and I understand how people have this general image of Korean idols so well makes this a new chapter.

 

So the following stereotypes are from my mom (she's a nice person that doesn't like Kpop *no hate no hate) and I believe loads of those Non-Kpoppers also think that way so:

 

1. They all have gone through plastic surgery.

Well ok, Korea is pretty famous for the plastic surgery and some idols had gone through plastic surgery. We are not going to talk about the moral stuff of plastic surgery because I'm too lazy to, but whether it is right to do it or not, it is just a choice. If you don't like it, it's fine, no one is forcing you to like it. But if you don't like it, then why bother to point it out. Well to put it in a not-so-nice way, if you don't like it then just off, why stay here and look at stuff you don't like?

I personally don't really approve of plastic surgery, more of because it has health risks and such. But if VIXX members had did it, I'm ok, because I don't just stan them for their looks but for their talent and who they are. True love can understand accept flaws. If you want to love a perfect person then go love God, since he is perfect. If not then stop trying to stan a person and go around picking their flaws. We don't lack annoying people here.

 

2. They are ing girly (boy bands).

Yeah so that is probably a homophob thing, or not entirely. But who cares, if you don't like it then just quit. You don't have to force yourself to like it, or force other people to know that you hate it, not that it being a very wrong thing.  I don't understand why there is more hate on guys being girly than other out right wrong things. Like people cyberbullying or fandom wars. This world is messed up.

 

3. They are fake af.

Yes. Not gonna lie. They have companies telling them what to do, what to say, what to pretend. And it hurts me sometimes seeing them straining to keep that smile or that fan service. Although I have to say I low key have this guilty pleasure seeing my ships together. But that is what they want right? To see fans pleased. They chose a hard way, and they don't need someone else to tell them again. Under their makeup do you see those dark circles under their eyes? The faded color from their lip? They need people to encourage them to speak up and speak out loud. Stop pointing out problems you see but not doing anything to solve it.

 

4. They are products of inhumane companies.

Again, sadly yes. Look at NU'EST. Look at BEAST (yes I'm out right saying that name out). Even Seo In Guk. Look them, they came this far even they had different problems with companies. So support them, give them the love they need. Stay by their side always. An one day, one day, they will get through the troubles, and shine for you all.

 

That is about it. So think about yourself as a Kpop fan or not: do you agree or not. It would be great to know if there is someone that thinks the same way I do. Or I'm just a ing weirdo. Who cares. 

Maybe I'm just to pessimistic with life that I devote my love to VIXX instead. At least it keeps my soul alive.