Voice

Everything about VIXX

N's voice is very gentle.

Yes he is a guy but there is always this feeling or motherliness radiating from his voice. He always sings very softly as in gently pacing out his words, he stresses his words a bit when he sings, and his parts are usually quite slow. The way he puts in that subtle passion and affection to the melody, voice quivering a little but not entirely but still steadily spreading out from your ears to your heart. It is like watching a flower grow inside your heart when you listen to his voice, petals gently spreading out as his voice ventures deeper into your heart. He messed with you, but in a good way, making you all emotional for no reason. The surrealness in his voice is just there, waiting for you to find out about it and be shook about it. 

It is also a funny thing to note that he sometimes seems off note when he starts his first part a few years ago. He is just beautiful the way he is. Being a little off note and all.

 

Leo's voice is like color pencils. I might have sounded like i'm joking in this.

But then the flexibility in his voice is just no kiding. There is a certain dryness in his voice that makes it very satisfying to listen. It feels like drawing with color pencils on rough paper and you feel the small dusts of color produces. The feeling like when you write with chalk on blackboard. It is just satifying. And the cute nasal sound in his voice adds the bit of cuteness to it. But when his reaching that highass note, your insides break out and you tremble as if the soundwaves hit you and just freeze right there, shuddering at the intensity of his voice. Just like when you hear a lion roar. For a moment it just feels like you are left inside a void with only his voice, but then he continues to sing and brings you back to reality, made new and refreshed. Sometimes his emotions take over his voice, but sometimes he tries to keep his though in tune with the song, and sometimes both just release at the same time. You can read him from his singing, not the he cared much anyways. That's the reason why he sings, to show his thoughts and emotions.

He takes your all with his voice and holds you, like this moment you only belong to his voice. Get your own special moment with his voice.

 

Ken is just supernatural. Like scientists need to examine how he makes sounds one day.

To put in basic words, he just slays with that voice. When his voice pours out, it is like melted rich chocolate bubbling out from his throat. And the way his falsetto falters out light and feathery, surprising you with that Lauren high pitch. It is like melted gold filling the air the way his voice pours out. And then he goes to the high notes when the gold turns solid and it feels to real. But it doesn't go too hard like Leo does. The voice just stays real and firm, going through the high pitches. He just firmly goes with the music, his feeling and notes balancing together, weaving to the form the big picture. Good voice need no words, just go listen to him.

Seriously he must have had an auto-tuner stuck in his throat somehow.

 

Ravi's voice burns like hell. Like no joke.

The way he raps is just like spitting sparks of fire. The rough and dry voice scrapping through the air. Again it is satisfying. Just like watching a field of dry grass getting ablaze, tongues of fire through the grass. The way his boldness drips through like gasoline, danger that is ready to spread out. The excitement it gives you, the anticipation to see drama, see chaos. We still have a talked about the lyrics yet. At some point when rapping starts to sound like ranting he slows down with a swinging pace and you are dragged right into the mood again. Burning, that's the feeling when you douse into his beat. It doesn't have to be angsty, but usual it does sound angsty. But well you just feel relieve after listened to it, like you just vent out your stress.

But then when he sings, his voice becomes this gentle soft (well not exactly soft) and deep voice that you feel surrounded like an ocean, slowly pacing throughout and you just relax in it, even though it was this mere 20 singing in love letter.

 

Hongbin has this realness in his voice.

Sincerity, ah now that's the right word. He just generally sounds like you and me, but not entirely. The way he sings feels like he is not that far away from you, and you feel like he is just singing next to you, with his guitar. His voice cuts through the silence, like black coffe really. It feels like this rich caffeine aroma that comes from his voice, deep and rich, maybe a little bitter. But it is cute the way it is. He sings out his heart, the way you feel him chasing his dream to be a singer, a plea sometimes, usually more like he is opening his heart out for us to see, to feel. His voice isn't fancy or anything, just the simplicity and everyday feel goes with him in general, and it just reflects out on his beauty. He always keep the reality in tact with his voice.

Him, a guitar, a mic, and a chair. That's enough for a wonderful evening.

 

Sanghyuk sounds like soft pastels. A feeling of rubbing color onto paper.

Again that nasal sound is cute and all. You can almost see his little pout the way his accent blends with his singing. The way he sings is like colouring, striking colours filling up s blank page. Once he sings you know it is his voice, but not that he destroys the silence. He just sounds cute. Like really cute. The maknae cute really. Maybe a maknae trying to be a hyung? I don't know, but that is what it really is. He stresses his words sometimes when he feels like it, and he keeps that semi low rough dry voice out. Like rubbing pastels onto paper. A little oily a little dry. It just works the way he sings. 

He is still cute no matter what.

 

N and Hongbin need to sing more.

Leo and Ken need to make their own acoustic duet album.

Ravi and Hyuk need to have their own singles.