Mall mania

Comfort

A few hours later, hanbin woke up in his best friend's arms, this was always something he loved, but, also took for granted sometimes. He turned to look at his best friend, and he shook him exactly 4 times, very carefully and softly. “Hyuk~” he said. Donghyuk slowly opened his eyes to see Hanbin, “Oh, Hey,” He said in a groggy voice, yawning. “I’m hungry. A-and i want to go out to eat…” Hanbin told Donghyuk, trailing off a bit. His best friend nodded, and carefully sat up, moving hanbin from in between his legs. “I thought you said it was bad for your health to eat out?” His best friend looked at him tilting his head, after stretching a bit. Hanbin looked down at his hands. “I-I know, b-but you said i should get out of my comfort zone more, right...So, I-i just wanted to go out , we dont h-have to eat…” Hanbin said. Donghyuk listened intently, and read between the lines at what his friend was saying. “You want to go see Jiwon dont you?” He said, giving Hanbin a side look. Hanbin looked up at him and looked mortified. “N-No! I-I Just want to go out!” he said. “Yeah, Uh-huh, okay” his best friend replied to him. “Well, go do your routine, and ill be waiting down here for you” Donghyuk said giving Hanbin a kiss on the temple and pushing him off the couch. “A-Alright, ill be down in-” But he was cut off by his best friend,  “Exactly 27 minutes, yes, i know, now go” Hanbin smiled and started making his way upstairs.

 

When he got upstairs, he started his routine. He went into the bathroom, looked in the mirror. He grabbed a brush and he brushed his fringe 14 times, then the back 10, and the sides 7 on each side. He set the brush back in its place, then went on to brushing his teeth. He brushed for 30 seconds, then spit. Brushed for 12 seconds, then spit again, then brushed for 45 seconds, spit, and then rinsed his mouth. He splashed water on his face 2 times, and used a towel on the side to dry off. He then got to cleaning his ears. When he finished, he walked into his room, and started to look for something to wear. Something nice. He opted for a pair of black skinny jeans. He put his right leg through first, then his left leg. He then spent 6 minutes looking for a shirt. He decided he would wear a shirt that had a big Mickey Mouse printed on it. He pt his left arm in, then his right arm, and then his head. He pulled it down, and then tucked it into his pants. He then searched for a belt, and looped it around his waist. He looked at the time, it's been 20 minutes already? He Then searched for the socks he wanted to wear. He chose a pair which had small hearts on a black background. They were his favorite. Donghyuk had gotten them for him when he came from the hospital a while ago. He put them on left, and then right. He looked at the clock. It took him 5 minutes to pick his socks. He got off his bed, and touched his dresser, his desk, his clothes hamper, and the light switch before leaving the room, making his way downstairs to Donghyuk who was already waiting by the door.

 

“Perfect timing.” Donghyuk said, as he grabbed some sanitizer, and then started to put on his shoes. Hanbin just looked down. He grabbed some sanitizer himself, and he went for his shoes. He grabbed his gloves first, and then put them on, proceeding to putting his shoes on after. When his shoes were on, he took off the gloves, and threw them in the trash. He then went for his ‘outside mittens’ and put them on, They were the thin winter gloves you get during the fall. He loved them because they weren't too hot, but they were ample protection. “You ready now?” His best friend asked him. He nodded and answered with a pert “Yes,” they left Hanbins house and made their way to Donghyuk’s car. Donghyuk opened the door for hanbin, who was wondering if Donghyuk had his matt. Hanbin sat on a sort of blanket-matt when in the car. When Donghyuk opened the car door, he rushed to the trunk and grabbed Hanbins mat. He placed it over the seat and nodded towards Hanbin who smiled a bit and got into the car. Donghyuk got to the driver's side and soon started driving towards the mall.

 

When they got to the mall, Hanbin and Donghyuk got out of the car and stood in front of the doors. Hanbin looked at them. I am strong and I will not let my condition rule my life, he repeated over and over again in his head. He knew what he was doing. He turned to his Best Friend, looking at him, he grabbed his hand in his. He was wearing his gloves so he didnt mind it. Donghyuk gave his hand a squeeze and a nod, and they started to go into the mall. As soon as they opened the door, Hanbin easily regretted coming today, There were people in every store, in every corner of the mall. It was extremely busy there. He felt his chest constricting and he felt his breathing get shallow. He gripped onto Donghyuk even more.

 

Donghyuk was well was shocked. He looked a Hanbin in worry, because he saw Hanbin starting to have an attack. Donghyuk moved to hug hanbin, covering his view. When he did this, Hanbin’s breathing got better, and he felt more calm, the scent of Donghyuk helped him to calm down. After  a few minutes, Donghyuk let him go, and he placed a hand on his shoulder. “Youre Okay” he said to Hanbin. Hanbin nodded and looked down. “T-thank you Dongh-hyuk” He choked out. Donghyuk just nodded, taking Hanbin’s hand in his again. They slowly made their way over to the food court. They sat in a spot far from the mess of people who were everywhere.

 

“What do you want to eat?” Donghyuk asked as they sat down. Hanbin sat on his hands since he was not that sure about the cleanliness of the table. “Uh, what ever you are going to eat, I’ll eat as well” Hanbin said. Donghyuk looked at him sideways, but agrees, and started making his way over to the counter to order. While Donghyuk was gone, Hanbin’s chest started to constrict again, without the security of his best friend. He felt trapped. It didnt help that they had sat in the corner. Hanbin needed some air, he needed to get to a spot in the building where it was not so crowded. He needed to find Donghyuk, thats what he needed to do. He looked, but, his vision was so limited to right around him during the midst of his attack, he couldnt see far. He ended up panicking and he started stumbling out of the food court. Somewhere. He needed to get somewhere, anywhere.

 

On the way out, Hanbin was almost ran over by one of those indoor mall trolleys. He stepped back, he grabbed his chest and started breathing heavily, his knees gave out and he became extremely weak. He ended up collapsing on the floor in the middle of the mall. Hanbin was clutching his chest, tightly, he was breathing hard, and his eyes started to water. He choked out a cry for help, but his throat basically closed.

 

Next thing he knew, he was being picked up off the floor, and pulled into the tightest hug ever, he felt safe, and he didnt know why, he felt secure, he could feel his throat starting to open up more, and he started to cry because he could physically make the crying noise. He gripped on to the shirt of the person who was holding him, he assumed it was Donghyuk. He curled into a ball, moving more into Donghyuk. “H-Hyuk, th-there a-are so man-many people h-here” Hanbin choked out as he let out sobs. He was a sobbing mess. “Are you okay?” he heard Donghyuk say, except, it was not Donghyuk’s voice. Hanbin looked up, to see the cute delivery boy from the other day, looking down at him. “Are you okay?” He repeated. Hanbin scurried out of his grip, shouting for Donghyuk. “Donghyuk! Donghyuk!” he let out through his sobs. THe delivery boy which he recalled was named Jiwon came closer to him. “Hey, Hey, calm down, its alright” he said. His voice was so calming Hanbin immediately stopped yelling and just looked at Jiwon. He started pouting, and sniffling. Jiwon moved closer to Hanbin slowly, crawling. “It’s okay. You’re okay. Look, theres no one here” He said. Hanbin looked around him, and there was no one, once Jiwon held him earlier, everyone had got on with their lives. Hanbin looked at Jiwon, teary eyed.


“Hanbin?” he heard a voice that sounded like Donghyuk, he turned around and he was right, it was Donghyuk. Donghyuk raced over to Hanbin, holding him. “A-are you okay?” he asked Hanbin. Hanbin nodded, and then turned around to Jiwon who was sitting there. “H-h-Jiwon calmed me down.” Hanbin said. Donghyuk looked toward Jiwon, and nodded. “Thank you, Jiwon, Thank you” Donghyuk said. Hanbin was just calmed down enough to realize he was sitting on the floor. He panicked. “Donghyuk! Dir-rty!” He said gripping his shirt. “H-home, c-clean” he started. If it wasnt his social anxiety it was his OCD that made Hanbin always want to be home. “Okay, Okay, lets go home, you did well today Hanbin” Donghyuk said as he helped Hanbin to his feet. He turned to Jiwon, “Thank you so much” he said. Jiwon was standing by now and he nodded. “Please, let me know some how if hes okay” Jiwon said. Donghyuk nodded and started their way out of the mall.