Chapter 2

Stay with Me

This time, she was not wearing her cap. "I'm sorry, I'm new here and I think I am lost." she said still looking at me.

I couldn't talk. I was about to end everything here then she suddenly appears in front of, I didn't know what to feel. Was I grateful that she showed up just in time I was about to jump? Was I angry? I slowly weighed what I'm feeling, but neither was I angry nor grateful. "Were in the same class, right?" Was that a stupid question, I ask myself.

She nodded meekly. "I recognized you while I was looking for someone to help me with directions, so I came. Did I interrupt you?"

I gave her a smile the I shook my head. "Not at all, what are you doing here so late anyway?"

She looked around, "I just needed some thinking I guess, I didn't think I'd be lost and this time of the night. So anyway, I walked around looking for a convenience store when I realized I'm lost. And then I saw here." she explained.

I heard her stomach growl and I chuckled. She blushed and put both her hands on her stomach. "Is that why you're looking for a store?"

She nodded. "I want something warm and ramyeon is all I could think of." she confessed. "Do you one?"

Of course I knew, I lived here my whole life. "I'll take you there, I'm feeling a little hungry now that you mentioned ramyeon." She smiled widely.

"Thank you."

We started to walk away from that bridge, and I was actually relieved that she got lost for a moment and came to me. "So where are you originally from?" I ask, trying to keep the conversation flowing.

"I'm originally from here actually, but when I was maybe 2 or 3 years of age, my parents moved to Canada and I grew up there. And then I finally came back here after forever to finish my studies. I just arrived here last week and I'm still adjusting with the culture and food."

"Did you come here with your parents?" I ask. She didn't answer.

"So you are also taking photography, right?" she ask me instead. 

Was she avoiding my question? I ask myself so I didn't push through on waiting for her answer. "Yep, and welcome to the university. I hope you'll learn things there. And by the way, I'm Yoongi." I introduced myself.

"Scarlet."

After a few minutes we arrived at teh store and she went in excitedly. She went from aisle to aisle looking for whatever she wanted to eat. I went in the noodles section and garbbed two packs of ramyeon then I went in the corner of the store where we can cook the ramyeon by ourselves and put the packs in 2 separate foil containers and waited for it to cook. "I already have yours in here." I tell her when she came to me.

"You can cook it here?" she pointed at the machine and I nodded. She was amazed. "That's interesting. I rarely eat noodles because my parents didn't like instant food. "

"Have you ever eaten korean foods before?"

"My parents are korean so yes, but too much instant. But it still amazes because when I came here there were a lot of foods that I still haven't tasted yet."

The noodles  were almost done so I put one egg in each. We also bought one bowl of rice and sausage, after we paid we went outside the store and looked for a bench. We were the only people there, and it was a comforting feeling. "What were you doing at the bridge?" she suddenly asked.

What was I doing there? I repeated her question. I was planning on jumping off when you came. I answered on my mind. I ate a mouthful of nooddles and looked at her, she was busy opening the sausage. "To clear my mind."

"Do you feel better now for whatever was bothering you then?" she was still looking at her food.

I tried checking myself, "I guess I am." I answer. "Thank you." I whispered.

She looked up to me, "For what?" I didn't think she heard that.

"For accompanying me tonight." I blurted.

She smiled, and that's when I noticed a small dimple appear in her right cheek. "I should be the one saying that to you. Honestly, I came out here tonight because I was hungry and was lazy to cook. I get hungry so easily especially at night."

What could've happened if she didn't came out tonight? Would I still be alive at this very moment? Did I had the courage to jump off the bridge? We concentrated on eating and neither of us spoke, but it was not awkward. I was just glad that whatever happened today, she distracted me and for a moment even she was a stranger, I felt that someone was willing to be there for me.

SCARLET'S POV

 I never really talk to strangers, it was something that I was not good at. But when I got lost, I saw him standing in the bridge. I don't know if he was thinking, but he's back was turned to me so I couldn't see his face. But I recognized his clothes, he was the person who sat beside me  on my first class. So without hesitation I asked for his help and I was thankful he walked me to the store.

I didn't plan going out that night but I got hungry, so I decided to catch some air and find a place to eat. We got to the store and it made me excited, I ran around looking for whatever I could find that looked delicious. After a while, I went to where he was and he was making 2 ramyeons and he said he made one for me to. We went out to eat, the food was really great so I didn't talk much and neither did he.

We almost finished our food at the same time, "That was good." I said and wiping my mouth with a napkin. I handed him a napkin and he accepted it. "I could eat this everyday." I exclaimed.

I hear him laugh, "Your parents won't like it. Don't worry, there are still a lot of goods around here, I hope you could try them sometime." he said.

Don't worry, my parent's will never know. I whispered to myself. Thinking about them just brings the nightmare all over again, it was just so brutal and heart breaking. I tried hiding my discomfort about the subject of parents by changing the topic. "I hope I can. Anyway, do you live near here?" I ask.

He nodded. "You?"

"Same, it's a walking distance from here."

"Hmm, you never know we might be neighbors."

"I know. That would be good though." I said.

We walked around the park and we decided to go since it was really late. As expected, his house was not too far from my apartment, it was like 4 blocks away from theirs because when he pointed at his house I could almost see it from here.

"I didn't know we live so close by each other. Thank you for tonight again. Thanks for helping me." I said.

"You're  welcome. Then I'll see you tomorrow then?'

I nodded. "Bye and good night." I waved at him as I went up.