Chapter 1

Stay with Me

SCARLET'S POV

 

Pulling my camera in my bag, I took a few pictures of the buildings in my new university. This is a brand new start for you Scar. I told myself as I sighed deeply and went it to find my class. There were a lot of people in the hallway, some of them were rushing while some of them were taking their time to walk with their friends. I pull my cap closer to my face and stared down at my printed schedule.

I was thankful when there were still a  few students in the class, I looked around trying to find a sit. I chose the very last row, I walked there quitely and sat down. I think I was too early for class, but I didn't mind waiting. There were a group of girls sitting in the front row telling stories while laughing, there is a couple 3 rows from where I am listening to music together, and there's a guy right in front me, who was I guess, sleeping.

After a while, the room was starting to get full and the guy in front of me stood up, "Is this sit taken?" he asked. He was referring to the sit beside me, so he pulled it and sat down, he inserted his headphones in his ear and played with his phone.

I was  taking up photography as my major because it's something I loved to do. It was the first day of school so most of my classes that day just introduced about the subject matter. I was done with all of my classes almost 2 in the afternoon so I went in a cafe to grab something to eat, I looked up at the menu and ordered caramel macchiatto and churroz. "We'll serve up your order in a while." the girl in the register said and smiled at me. 

"Thank you." I said and went to sit in a table by the window. I observed people who were passing by, either they were in groups or they were walking alone. It was a new place, new people, new environment, new everything. I prayed that I could live here in peace, it was my chance to start my life. I closed my eyes and massaged my head which is starting to hurt.

"Excuse me ma'am, here's your order." the waitress laid the tray on my table. "Is there anything else I can get you?" she added.

"No, I think it's all good. Thank you." I said and sipped on my coffee. 

Instead of living in the dormitory at the university, I decided to rent an apartment not too far away from school. When I got there, some of my things were still not organized. I put my bag down and started to arrange my things.

**

YOONGI'S POV

I wished school didn't finish so early, I didn't want to go home. I preffered staying anywhere but there. After school I wandered around the school and went in the nearby cafe. I was a regular there, I spend my time almost everyday and sometimes I even stay there until they close. I was composing a new melody for my song when I heard the door open. I looked up and saw the girl from my class earlier, she was wearing a black cap but I still recognized her, she went to sit in a table by the window stared outside. From the looks of it, I think she was lost in her own world.

She didn't also talked much in school, so I was guessing she must be new. She smiled at the waitress who served her order, I shook my head and looked at my music sheet which is still empty.

I closed the sheet and shoved it in my bag with my pen, I needed to clear my mind so I went in the park and walked around. It was my favourite place to think because it was quite and there weren't too many people. I can still hear my parents fighting in my head, everytime I went home it was always the same scenario. Sometimes it even crossed the line, they started breaking things. Times like that, I was glad I was their only child. I didn't want another person having to go through what I'm going today.

I hardly ever talk to my parents, because they wouldn't listen to me. They were against my love for music, I expected them to support me or give me words of encouragement at least, but the only words that came out of their mouth were, "I didn't give birth to you to make some crappy music" , "Music doesn't put food on the table" , and the worst statement that I've heard of them was "My life would have been better if it wasn't for you".

I don't know if they said that in the spur of the moment, but it was painful to hear my own parents saying that. Am I a mistake? Were they that frustated having me as their son? We were a happy family once upon a time, I grew up witnessing how they loved each other. We would always have family bonding together, we would simply eat out and enjoy the time being together.

Everything ended when the family business went bankrupt. They started blaming each other and worse blaming me to be the reaon why the business fell. I was not even interested in the business, they manufacture video games and accessories and that happened 5 years ago. Now, they are slowly regaining it but they apart. Even after the business is growing well now, they would fight over other things which I find it extremely annoying. Gone were the days that we all sat on one table together, I stopped hoping for it to happen because I know deep down inside me, it never will.

It was already dark when I decided to leave. I took a bus and arrived home after half an hour. I was outside when I heard a glass break inside, so instead of going in I sat in the stair in front of the door. As expected they were still fighting. 

Minutes passed when the front door opened. "You!!" my dad yelled as I turned to him. "Why are you always coming home late?" he grabbed my bagpack and rummaged inside it. Pulling my music sheet out he started tearing them page by page.

"Dad." I almost screamed.

"I told you not to do this kind of stuff before!! Why won't you listen!!" he was so angry and he threw the music sheet in the air. "What is wrong with this family!!" he yelled once again and went in shutting the door.

Pages were scattered in our front porch, I slowly picked them up one by one and put them in my bag. My chest was throbbing in pain, I didn't exactly know how to react for what happened. Putting my bag on the stairs I walked away. I felt like I endured all my feelings up until now, and I wanted all the pain to go away.

I walked around Hangang River, there were a few people because it was already late at night. The river was calm and quite, I sat in a bench and looked up at the bridge. Did someone ever died from jumping off that bridge? I thought to myself. I laughed and shook my head, what was I thinking?

But everytime I look up the bridge, my mind kept telling me to go up so after a few debates in my mind I went up. The scenery was beautiful from up here, the lights were twinkling from every angle, the river below was reflecting the moon above. It was a beautiful. Then a thought came across my mind, how will my parents react if they see the news of their son floating lifeless in the river? Would they rush here or would they ignore it and spend the day as they normally did? Would they cry or would they be thankful that after years of wishing I would be gone, I granted their wish?

I pulled my cellphone in my back pocket and took pictures of where I was then slipped it back in my pocket. I tried my best enduring all the negative things around me, but everything has its end, right?  My hands were shaking when I held on the railings. Everything has to end. My mind echoed again and again. You did well, Yoongi. I told myself. There was no reason for me to continue living, no motivation, no inspiration.

I closed my eyes and breathed, a small smile formed on my face." I did well."  I whispered to myself, but before I could climb up I heard someone speak.

I turned around and there she was. "I'm sorry. Can you help me?" she asked.