Part 2

The Smell of Coffee on the Train

Part 2

Hyungsik came back to his seat with coffee all over him. His face is black.

His dongseng (younger brother), Taehyung, also came with him on this trip. Taehyung is bobbing his head with the flow of the music in his ears when Hyungsik came back.

TH: “awww… Hyung (elder brother)… wasseo (you’re back?)?”

HS: “Yeah…”

TH: “Hyung… I think I can smell the coffee… very strong…”

He said that while his nose is sniffing like a cute puppy.

HS: “No. the smell you get is not the smell of coffee. It’s the smell of revenge!”

He said that with a firm fist and tight lips.

TH: “Huh? What’s that? What happened, hyung? Omo!! Hyung, your face right now is like a tomato…”

Then, Hyungsik told his dongseng all about what happened to him just now.

TH: “hahahaha!!~ So, in the end, our hyung became the victim, is it?”

HS: “Yahhh~ don’t laugh… That was all because of you!!~”

TH: “Ommm!!~ Waeyo? (Why?)”

HS: “Although dad told us to take car for this trip, you keep insisting that you want to go by train, enjoy the scenery and want to experience blah blah blah… because of all your bull, I end up in this situation… You happy now?”

TH: “Hyung, calm down, OK?!~ I don’t think it was because of me… if hyung didn’t spill that cup of coffee onto her, this would not have happened…”

HS: “the train is shaking like this and this... how could I control myself?”

Although he is angry now, he speaks like a kid demonstrating how the train goes and this makes him look so adorable in his dongseng’s eyes. Taehyung busted with laughter.

HS: “yahhh!~ what is there to laugh?”

TH: “Awwwwwn… kwiyeopta (so cuteee)… uri hyung (my brother)…”

He said that while squeezing his elder brother’s cheeks with his both hands. Now, Hyungsik is laughing because of his brother actions.

-----------------------------------------

Although with the spilled coffee on her shirt, Yoonsook is smiling when she came back to her seat. This makes her best friend, Somoo, who came together with her on this trip, wonders.

SM: “Yoon-ah… what happened to you?”

YS: “As you can see, I was showered with coffee…”

SM: “Huh? Then why are you smiling like a crazy person? Oh girl, is the person who spilled on you is a pretty or handsome guy, isn’t it?”

She knowing Yoonsook likes pretty and handsome guys.

YS: “Handsome, my feet… Pretty, my … No way!~ He looks like a ert… what the hell… how could he ask a girl to take off her shirt… byeongtae!! (ert!!)”

She is angry once again with the thought of that conversation.

SM: “Omo!!~ He asked you to take your shirt off???”

Somoo asked with her eyes wide. So, Yoonsook told her all about what just happened.

SM: “Wow~ Daebak!! (amazing!!)… So, in the end, you became the winner?”

YS: “Of course!! I’m Yoonsook… No one can do bull to me…”

SM: “Good good… Good job, chingu (my friend)!!”

-----------------------------------------

When the train stopped at Busan, all of them alight from the train. Yoonsook and her friend are looking at the city map. Hyungsik spotted them from afar.

He noticed that she took off her light jacket which was covered in coffee and tied it around her waist. She had already changed her inner shirt though. He let out a sardonic laugh.

TH: “Hyung… what is it?”

HS: “Look at it… She got a luggage with spare clothes and yet she is making a big fuss about me spilling coffee on her…”

Taehyung look at the direction his brother is looking and found 2 girls looking at the city map.

TH: “Is it? Which girl you are talking about?”

HS: “The short girl who looks like a rebel…”

TH: “Hyung, both of them are short… but cute… hehee…”

HS: “What?!! You need to check your eyes…”

TH: “The eyes need to be checked are yours, hyung… look at them carefully…”

(Since she is not angry as hell like just now, she kind of look cute?) Hyungsik thinks to himself as he is observing her looks.

HS: “Never mind… She is the one with the jacket tied to her waist”

At that moment, Somoo look back after she finished looking at the map and saw 2 guys looking at them. She poked Yoonsook with her elbow and said:

SM: “Yaaa~ one pretty and one handsome guys checking us out…”

YS: “heee~ is it??”

Yoonsook turns around to see them and found out it is the guy who spilled coffee on her.

YS: “Aishhh~ It’s the rude coffee lover…”

SM: “Huh, is it? Which one? ”

YS: “The one with the face which looks like he just got hit by ”

Somoo look at them carefully and saw one of the guys, the pretty one, gives her a warm smile when their eyes met. Then, the other one, the handsome guy, is glaring at her friend, Yoonsook, with disapproving look and upsetting face.

(ahhh~ so, the guy whose face like got hit by must be him…) she thinks to herself.

Yoonsook glared back at Hyungsik when they met eyes and gestured “what’re you looking at?”

YS: “Moo-ah… Let’s go…”

She walks away as she said. Somoo followed.

HS: “I’m right. She looks like a real rebel, a stubborn one… Taehyung, let’s go”

He also leaves with his brother.

-----------------------------------------

To be continued…

By Yamin Ohmar

-----------------------------------------