Part 1

The Smell of Coffee on the Train

Part 1

“Aahhhh…!!!”

Together with the strong smell of coffee that she hates, she could feel the hot (although not burning hot) and wet sensation pouring down her shoulder. Yoonsook is pissed.

YS: “What is this???”

She shouted as she look back to see a tall guy holding a coffee cup with a tilted lid. He is looking straight at her with eyes wide open but no words came out of his mouth.

(What the hell?? Shouldn’t he be apologizing as crazy right now???) She thinks to herself annoyingly.

YS: “Did you see what just happened?”

She scolded at him and that makes his face turns black.

Guy: “Ahh… Sorry…”

YS: “Ahh… Sorry???”

(That’s unbelievable. This is definitely not the situation to say just one word “sorry”.) She is frustrated.

YS: “After pouring down a hot coffee over somebody’s shoulder and all you could say was sorry? That’s it???”

Hyungsik, a guy who was never been shouted at by anybody until now, is very much irritated by the fact that this tiny girl in front of him is shouting at him and scolding.

HS: “Tell me what should I be saying instead of sorry?”

Yoonsook was further provoked by his impolite response.

YS: “what you should…~”

She haven’t even finished what she want to say, he interrupted by saying:

HS: “And some more, the coffee is not that hot also. I’ve been drinking and nearly finish half a cup.”

Shoving the coffee up in front of her face makes her angrier until her blood boiled up.

YS: “Omo!! Omo!!... are you starting a fight with me now? Me, the victim?”

HS: “I’m not starting a fight. I’m just stating the fact and explaining you the situation.”

YS: “OH MY GOD!! I’ve never seen such a rude guy before… EVER…”

HS: “Oh my double god!! I also have never seen such a person who can’t even let it go after somebody apologized… ever!!”

YS: “Yahhh~ Do you call that apologizing with one “Sorry”? This is not the case where you spilled some water. This is god damn coffee and the god damn smell is going to stay with me for the whole day.”

HS: “It has happened that way, what can I do? Do you want me to buy you new clothes? Or you want me to wash your shirt? Ok then give me, take off your shirt. I will gladly go and wash for you.”

He said that purposely with a smirk on his face.

YS: “Yahh!!~ Neo~… Do you want to die right here? Right now?”

The vein on her forehead is going to pop at any time now. She would have asked for new clothes if she could. But, how could she ask for new clothes when they are on the train which is going to Busan?

She knows he couldn’t do anything for her after all this happened but if he could just be humble and sincerely apologized since the beginning, she would surely forgive him since this is just an accident. Now what she’s pissed is at his attitude.

He continued saying:

HS: “And what is there not to like about the smell of coffee? It is refreshing and nice.”

(Goshh!! I just want to kill him. How did I end up here quarrelling with a coffee lover?) She thinks to herself frustrated.

YS: “Oh is it? The coffee smells nice and refreshing, is it??”

She asked sarcastically.

HS: “Yes Of course it is!”

He answered back whole-heartedly without realizing she was being sarcastic.

YS: “Then, can you hand me your cup of coffee for a sec?”

HS: “Why?”

YS: “You said it smells nice. I would like to see it for myself.”

HS: “Oh… Okay… Here you go!”

He handed her the cup of coffee and she pretended to smell it.

YS: “Oh… Nice…”

HS: “Told you so…”

He said with the smiling face like he won her over about the smell of coffee. Then, he put out his hand to take his cup of coffee back.

But, she gestured like she was going to hand it over to him and then suddenly, lift the cup up until over his shoulder level then she poured down all the remaining coffee onto his shoulder.

YS: “Opps!! Sorry…”

HS: “Yahhhhh~”

YS: “You love the refreshing smell of coffee right? There you go. Enjoy!!”

Then she left with the proud face of a winner.

HS: “Yahhhh~ Neo!! Come back!!”

Leaving Hyungsik frustrated.

-----------------------------------------

To be continued…

By Yamin Ohmar