Chapter 5

Be Mine

Jeongyeon sat in the bleachers watching Momo trash talk the girl who challenged her, a girl called Lisa.  They were waiting for the last of their groups to come, whereas Jeongyeon was waiting for Mina, who appeared with Sana. Jeongyeon grinned at her and greeted her with a hug. "When do you think they'll get this over with? I know Momo can dance and she's awesome at it but couldn't she just ignore this bragging?" Mina laughed at Jeongyeon's statement. "It's a matter of pride, dear child. If she allows someone else to say they are better, they have to prove it, instead of they're words being taken as gospel. You know?" 

When Mina said it like that, it made sense. Actually, a lot of things Mina said made more sense than if someone else had explained it. Jeongyeon nodded but was still unsure. "But what if Momo said that to her? Would she still have to prove it even if she is titled the Queen?" Mina laughed again. 

"Now you're just trying to test me. Yes. Sh-"

"Sana's calling you down." Mina looked where Jeongyeon pointed. "Come with me." She grabbed Jeongyeon by the have and dragged her down the bleachers.
"Sana calm down. What do you need?" 

"One of our dancers hasn't showed up. Nayoung sprained her ankle running away from the brutish looking one in the yellow." Jeongyeon saw who she meant. "So they're rigging the competition?" Jeongyeon asked. Sana simply nodded
 
"What's it got to do with me though?" Mina was looking from Jeongyeon to Sana. "You do dance, right?" Mina nodded.

"We need you to dance for Nayoung. Your the only one as good as her."