End.

Because it's you

It 3 a.m., a feminine figure could be seen in the corner of the library, under the only pair of illuminating lights that are functioning in the library (since the other lights are turned off). The girl is dying, finals are just around the corner and she regretted every second that she wasted on going to parties, getting drunk, getting laid, and wasting money buying dozens of pringles instead of buying the needed textbook. Well, buying pringles is not wasting money according to Seulgi, obviously. Seulgi is in the verge of losing her grip on reality, and also her sanity. She had to study in the library since the needed textbook was there, and it cannot leave the building. Sacrificing her sleep (and probably her life), Seulgi decided to stay at the library, with the permission of the head librarian a.k.a. her bestfriend, Irene.

 

(Make sure you lock the door after using it, Irene remind Seulgi sternly.)

 

Paying close attention to her pre-calculus book, Seulgi didn’t mind her eerie surroundings. That lasted until she heard something, more like, someone at the corner of the book shelf. God, Seulgi knew she should’ve brought her earphones along with her. Because of that sound, Seulgi couldn’t concentrate a thing on the textbook. And now, she is contemplating whether to bail or just continue studying.

 

There are many infamous ghost stories about this campus that the seniors told me. Is this one of them? Well, they didn’t tell me specifically where but-

 

Clank!

 

There is the sound again, this time it’s a book that has fallen on the floor. Seulgi was trembling, she doesn’t want to die early, especially in this damned library. Seulgi’s eyes were all over the place, searching for any noticeable living person (or a ghost, much to her fear), while muttering some incoherent prayer. Out of the blue, Seulgi could see a tall feminine figure walking towards her, and Seulgi is shocked to dear life till her chair fell backwards, with her on it. Seulgi collapsed on the floor, the back of her head hit the cold tile, making her squirm in pain. Seulgi kept laying on the floor while rubbing the back of her head, hoping that it’ll soothe the pain. She was expecting to be killed by that figure and she was closing her eyes tightly, muttering her last words.

 

Much to her delight, she wasn’t killed by that figure, but instead was greeted by a pair of eyes that she knew too well.

 

“Hey, I think you left your student card at the classroom earlier today- uhh… Seulgi…? Why are you on the floor?”

 

It was Krystal. The goddess Krystal Jung. Seulgi’s class president, the girl that Seulgi could only admire from afar.

 

“K-Krystal? Oh god, I thought you were a ghost.” Seulgi was still rubbing the back of her head. It looks like her head is bruised.

 

“I am no ghost Seul.” Krystal smiled and lend Seulgi a hand, to which Seulgi accepted gladly.

 

Her hand is soo soft…

 

Krystal helped Seulgi get up and also the poor chair, and Seulgi was beyond embarrassed of what had just happened.

 

“Are you okay?” Krystal asked, knitting her eyebrows together, face full of worries. Krystal was patting Seulgi’s back to get rid of the dusts that were on Seulgi’s black hoodie.

 

“T-thank you. I-I’m fine Krystal” Seulgi said and looked at Krystal in the eyes.

 

Although the surrounding were dark but Seulgi felt like her whole world was light up due to Krystal face. Krystal’s was glowing and Seulgi was awestruck by the latter’s beauty.

 

“H-how’d you know I am here?” Seulgi manage to spoke.

 

“Ah… Irene is my roommate and she told me that you are planning to study here the whole night so I decided to visit you. Didn’t knew that I would scare you so bad.” Krystal gigged.

 

S-she giggled? Her giggling is legit heaven-sent giggle…

 

“Anyway, here’s your student card.”

 

“T-thank you.” Seulgi stammered and took her student card from Krystal.

 

“Aren’t you studying?” Seulgi asked out of curiosity.

 

“I already study for the finals, just need a light reading tomorrow, I mean later.” Krystal smiled and looked at Seulgi.

 

Well, she isn’t called class president for nothing.

 

“Very well then. Thank you for giving this to me, eventhough I didn’t realize I had lost it.” Seulgi giggled and took a seat, planning to continue her studying. She was expecting for Krystal to leave but she was startled when she heard a screeching sound of chair being pulled and Krystal was the culprit. Sitting down, Krystal kept looking at Seulgi.

 

“I t-thought you were leaving…?”

 

“I want to accompany you. Plus, you are easily scared. I’m afraid that you’ll die here because of nothing and I’ll be the suspect of your ‘murderer’.” Krystal joked and laughed. Her laughter was like music to Seulgi’s ears and Seulgi knew she had fallen more for her class president. Seulgi just nod dumbfounded-ly, couldn’t believe that Krystal would stay just for her. I mean, Krystal could sleep comfortably in her room instead of here…

 

After a few hours of non-stop note writing and reading, in front of Seulgi, indeed, Krystal was sleeping, with her head on the table and her hands as the pillow. Krystal’s blonde hair was scattered all over the table and Seulgi smiled warmly at the sight, it’s a cute sight for her indeed. Seulgi glanced at her wrist watch and realized that it’s already ten before five am. As much as she hated it, she has to end her little sleeping-studying ‘date’ with Krystal. Standing up, Seulgi walked towards Krystal and squatted beside the blonde, so that their faces are on the same level.

 

“Hey Krystal, wake up. It’s five now.” Seulgi shook Krystal’s shoulder softly.

 

“Hmm…” Krystal groaned and tilt her head right, towards Seulgi’s face. Krystal opened her eyes slowly and the sight of Krystal’s sleepy face was soo pretty till Seulgi held back her breath, mesmerized by the beauty in front of her.

 

Goddamn, she’s ing pretty…

 

“U-um… It’s already four fifty now... Irene told me we could only use the library till five… I already packed and… I think we should go now…” Seulgi looked down, fidgeting her nails. She isn’t brave to look at the blonde or she’ll probably kiss Krystal senseless right there and then.

 

“Alright…” Groaning, Krystal get up and stretch her limbs. Due to her short t-shirt, Seulgi ‘accidentally’ saw Krystal hard rock abs when the latter was busy stretching herself and Seulgi was internally screaming and drooling looking at that sight.

 

“L-let’s go now.” Seulgi said and quickly walk to the front door, leaving Krystal behind. Whining, Krystal chased Seulgi, confused why the older acting weird is just now. Fortunately, Krystal managed to catch up with Seulgi before the latter could lock her in the library alone.

 

Locking the library using the key Irene gave Seulgi yesterday, she gave Krystal the keys, confusing Krystal.

 

“Why?” Krystal looked at Seulgi like a lost puppy, and Seulgi had to bit her tongue to prevent herself from giggling at the cute Krystal.

 

“I thought Irene and you are roomates? Can you help me give this to her?”

 

“O-okay.” Krystal said and take the library key from Seulgi’s hand.

 

“Well…” Seulgi looked down, again and twirl her feet, with her hand behind her back. “Thank you for accompanying me Krystal.” Seulgi finally manage to look up and smile warmly at Krystal.

 

Much to her shock, Krystal planted a soft kiss on her right cheek, just above her lips.

 

“You’re welcome… and call me Soojung.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Seulgi was in the class, playing with her phone while waiting for her teacher to come in. She hated to admit but after her ‘date’ with Krystal in the library the other day, she couldn’t even think straight (lol see what I did there?), and Seulgi lowkey wanted to spend more time with Krystal alone, someday. While she was busy scrolling down her twitter feed, out of the blue, a wild hamster startled her by shaking her petite body as soon as the hamster sat down.

 

“Hey Seul!”

 

“What is it Wan?” Seulgi groaned and looked at Wendy, before putting her phone down.

 

“Did you heard?”

 

“Heard what?”

 

“People are saying that Krystal is dating that Kai kid from north high.”

 

“Oh. Really?” Seulgi was shocked and her heart was hurt (she hated to admit it) and looked at Wendy with wide eyes.

 

“Yeah really! Moonbyul and the others saw them on a date the other day!” Wendy, on the other hand was beyond excited knowing the top secret story before it goes viral. “This is too good Irene unnie needs to know this.” Wendy said and excitedly fished her phone out from her back pocket and proceed on texting Irene about the ‘news’.

 

“Oh.” Seulgi could only mutter.

 

The whole day, Seulgi couldn’t concentrate in class due to the news that Wendy just told her just now, and she secretly hate Wendy for telling her that gossip. There goes her harmless imagination to date Krystal.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

It was recess and as usual, Seulgi was eating at the cafeteria with Irene. However, Seulgi was not in the mood to eat. Instead, she was playing with her food using the fork. Irene who notices Seulgi’s behavior felt weird, since Seulgi is the type to eat a lot. Irene knew there’s something bothering her best friend, and she decided to ask the latter.

 

“Hey Seul…” Irene held Seulgi’s shoulder, making the younger flinched and looked at her curiously.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“What’s wrong? You barely touched your food. As far as I know, eating is your most favourite thing to do.” Irene said, worried were all over her face.

 

“It’s nothing Irene… I’m just not in the mood to eat.”

 

“Is it because of Krystal? I’ve heard about that Kai and her thingy from Wendy.”

 

“Wha- No! Of course not! Krystal is just my friend, and I don’t even care about that Kaistal thingy.” Seulgi said monotonously and Irene swore she could hear sadness in Seulgi’s tone somewhere.

 

“I don’t believe you. Before you ‘hang out’ with Krystal, you were doing just fine.” Irene rolled her eyes and took a drink of her hot cup of tea.

 

“Whatever, I’m going.” Seulgi said and quickly stand up, walking away from Irene.

 

“Hey ! You left your phone here! Want me to put Krystal’s phone number in?” Irene asked Seulgi with a loud voice on purpose, wanting to embarrass the younger.

 

“I hate you.” Seulgi took her phone on the table harshly and glare at Irene.

 

“I love you too you .” Irene giggled and drink her tea more.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Seulgi wasn’t just a normal student either. In fact, she had dozens of fangirl and boys who would wait for her outside her class just to give Seulgi a sweet confessions, pringles (since the whole school knows about her obsession towards those flavored potato chips), cards and all types of cheesy, couple-like items. It all started when their school were having a talent show and Irene invited Seulgi to dance with her. Thinking that nothing would go wrong, Seulgi accepted Irene’s offer absentmindedly. Irene decided to dance to the song ‘Be Natural’ by S.E.S.

 

All it took to turn Seulgi’s world upside down was performing that song, on a chair, with a suit that revealed her abs, and some sensual choreography. Since then, Seulgi was bombarded with confessions from random students there, regardless of gender. Seulgi doesn’t hate all of those foolish confessions and presents from various people, she just felt uncomfortable receiving those things and have to reject all of those confessors (she does have a weak heart). Seulgi’s eyes, and heart were only focused on a certain blonde in her class.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“So… your friend, does she have a girlfriend? Or a boyfriend?”

 

“Is this why you bring me here and ordered me a carrot cake?”

 

“Irene please help me! I like her, a lot.”

 

“Aren’t you with Kai?”

 

“Ew unnie… Kai’s my cousin.”

 

“O-oh. That’s good.”

 

“Now can you help meeeeee?”

 

“Tsk. Fine. I didn’t even knew you like that bear.”

 

“I like her for such a long time now unnie…”

 

“Let me guess… Be Natural?”

 

Krystal nodded cutely and giggled. Irene on the other hand, had expected that Krystal adore that bear because of the infamous dance a few months ago.

 

“Alright here’s the thing…” Irene proceed to tell Krystal her plan.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“Hey Seul.” Krystal casually drag her chair from the front all the way to the corner just to talk to Seulgi, who is busy daydreaming while staring outside the window.

 

“Hmm?” Seulgi immediately snapped her head to Krystal’s direction. “O-oh. Hey Krystal.”

 

“Are you busy this Saturday?”

 

“Umm…” I promised to help Wendy with her art this Friday… “No, I am free.” Heck, Wendy can ask Irene for help.

 

This is Krystal she’s talking to and Seulgi would never give up Krystal for anything. And that’s period.

 

“That’s great! Wanna go watch some movie or something?” Krystal smiled sincerely and Seulgi was awestruck by Krystal’s beauty.

 

“S-sure.”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Today’s the day, today is Saturday and Seulgi was beyond excited. She was preparing her whole school life for this day to arrive and it looks like her wait was worth it.

 

Krystal picked Seulgi up from her dorm and drove to the cinema using Krystal’s white range rover sport (Krystal looked so hot while driving, Seulgi thought).

 

They’ve arrived and Krystal paid for the whole thing, tickets, foods and drinks. Seulgi wanted to pay for those foods but Krystal was insisting to pay for it instead.

 

What a gentlewoman.

 

In the cinema, Seulgi almost died because Krystal bought a couple seat, and Seulgi was thinking if Krystal meant something by that choice. Both of them sat on the couple seat and proceed to watch the movie.

 

After about an hour into the movie, Seulgi could feel Krystal’s head on her shoulder and her heart beat so fast, and Seulgi was trembling, making Krystal looked at her with worried expression.

 

“Hey Seul, are you okay?” Krystal looked at Seulgi and put her arm above the latter’s arm. Bad move.

 

“H-huh? Y-yeah I a-am.” Seulgi stuttered and continue watching the romantic Disney movie, ignoring her erratic heartbeat.

 

The movie finally ended and Seulgi was relieved that she didn’t die due to the closeness of the blonde and her. She mentally thanked god for that. Krystal on the other hand was having so much fun despite the short time and during the whole drive back to their campus she couldn’t stop telling Seulgi about how happy she was that the beast didn’t die. Seulgi glanced at Krystal and smiled at the taller cute expressions.

 

After a few minutes, much to their dismays, they’ve arrived in front of Seulgi’s dorm (Krystal once again was insisting on sending Seulgi to the front of her door).

 

“So… thanks for today.” Seulgi said nervously and scratched her nape.

 

“No worries. It was fun hanging out with you. I’m going now Seul, gotta learn a few subjects. Hehehehe.” Krystal said and waved goodbye to Seulgi. “See you in two days.” She added before walking away.

 

“Soojung wait!” Seulgi said, making Krystal halted her move and looked at her.

 

Without thinking much, Seulgi grabbed Krystal’s wrist and kissed her cheek, the same spot Krystal kissed her few days ago.

 

“Have a safe walk.” Seulgi smiled shyly, blush was evident on her cheek and quickly walked into her room, locking the door as soon as she closed it.

 

Krystal touched her cheek and smiled alone. She surely didn’t regret asking Seulgi out today.

 

~~~~~~~

 

Seulgi was once again busy scrolling down her Twitter feed when she was disturbed by Krystal who covered her phone’s screen with her hand. Seulgi wanted to shout at the culprit, who she thought was Wendy before realizing that it was Krystal in front of her. Suddenly, all of her anger subsided.

 

“Hey, what’s up?” Seulgi asked.

 

“Are you going to our school’s prom?”

 

“No. I’m not interested in it.”

 

“Will you go if I ask you to go with me?”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“So… you accepted Krystal’s invitation huh? What happened to ‘Krystal is just my friend’?” Irene asked Seulgi with a smug smile on her face.

 

“Oh shut up Irene. I accepted her offer because I don’t want her to be lonely tonight, and apparently, we can’t invite someone outside this school.” Seulgi rolled her eyes to Irene, making up lame excuses and still couldn’t believe that Krystal really asked her to go to prom with an ordinary girl like her.

 

What a dumb bear. She doesn’t even know that Kai and Krystal are cousins.

 

“Tsk. Whatever. By the way, your princess is here.” Irene said and cocked her head to the left. Seulgi quickly snapped her head towards the entrance and she was on the verge of dying looking at Krystal rocking on a light blue dress. She really looks like a princess, and Seulgi’s jaw was wide open.

 

Krystal was smoking hot.

 

Most of the people inside the ballroom was staring at the ethereal beauty and made Seulgi ‘slightly’ jealous.

 

“Well, have fun bear. I’m going.” Irene said before going to her beloved olaf at the other table.

 

Krystal saw Seulgi sitting at the table and waved at her before walking towards the poor bear.

 

“You look smoking hot.” Seulgi blurted out and blushed as soon as she realized what she said just now.

 

“You look hot too Seul, don’t worry.” Krystal giggled and lend Seulgi her hand.

 

“Hmm?” Seulgi looked clueless, and the blonde just laughed at the dumb bear.

 

“Care to dance with me, Seul?” Krystal asked like a gentlewoman she is.

 

Seulgi melted seeing Krystal’s gentleness.

 

“S-sure…” Seulgi said dumbfounded-ly and accepted Krystal’s offer, walking to the dance floor.

 

In the middle of the dance floor was Krystal and Seulgi, and they are the center of the attention. The class president and the dance prodigy hand in hand, dancing together to the slow music.

 

Krystal wrapped her arm around Seulgi’s neck and Seulgi’s hand are around Krystal’s waist. All of the students, guests, deejays and even teachers are awe-ing at those two girls who loves each other, but are too fool to realize that themselves.

 

“You smell nice…” was the only thing Seulgi was able to say to Krystal.

 

Krystal giggled at Seulgi’s random remark and pull the latter closer to her.

 

“Can I tell you something?” Krystal asked and connect her forehead with the shorter girl.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I like you, a lot.”

 

Before Seulgi could respond anything, she felt soft pair of lips connected to hers and Seulgi’s eyes felt like it would popped out of its sockets. After registering everything, Seulgi finally closed her eyes and melted into the kiss. After Krystal broke this kiss, Seulgi looked at her, feeling breathless.

 

“H-how about Kai?”

 

“You are really dumb, aren’t you?” Krystal giggled, and Seulgi wasn’t even offended.

 

Krystal inched closer to Seulgi, connecting their foreheads together before whispering to the poor clueless bear: “Kai is my cousin idiot.”

 

The realization hit Seulgi, hard. Like a wrecking ball.

 

“Oh. OH.” Seulgi could only feel embarrassed of herself. All of this time, she’s getting jealous over nothing.

 

“So, my bear…”

 

Seulgi was squirming in delight over her nickname given by her crush girlfriend.

 

“You don’t need to worry about anything.”

 

And Krystal kissed her again.

 

That night, two souls molded into one, and everything was perfect, just like Krystal expected.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“Soojung! Can you do the laundry for me? I’m busy with the dishes here!”

 

“Sure babe!”

 

After a few minutes, Seulgi could feel pair of hand snaking around her waist. Smiling, she just let her girlfriend back hugging her while she’s doing the dishes.

 

“Are you done yet?” Krystal asked and kissed Seulgi’s nape softly, which made the latter squirm a little.

 

“Almost babe…” Seulgi said and was wiping her last plate that day before turning around to look at her girlfriend’s face. “Done.” Seulgi said and pecked Krystal on the mouth.

 

Feeling happy, Krystal grinned widely and carried Seulgi bridal style to the couch.

 

“Yah Soojung what are you doing?”

 

“I miss you.”

 

“Idiot, I was just doing the dishes.”

 

Krystal flopped Seulgi on the couch and quickly straddle her, pinning her arm at the couch’s arm.

 

“B-babe what are you doing?”

 

“I told you I miss you.” Krystal said and kissed Seulgi’s neck.

 

“Soojung s-stop.” Seulgi was squirming at Krystal’s kisses around her neck.

 

“Do you really want me to stop?” Krystal kept kissing Seulgi’s neck, travelling her hand under the latter’s shirt.

 

“N-no.” Seulgi moaned as soon as Krystal kissed and her weak spot.

 

“Good.” Krystal smirked victoriously and kept doing what she wanted to do the whole day… “Neither do I.”

…making love with her girlfriend.