Chapter 2 - Missing

My Stepsister - Jung Yerin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Chapter 5 - Missing

Words: 5100

PG-13

Pairing: SinB x Yerin (SinRin/RinB)

 

SinB is smiling like an idiot as she see the sleeping girl in her bed. She poke Yerin’s nose and giggle on what she is doing. Yerin on the other hand was still sleeping like a log even the girl is playing with her nose.

"Now say the one that time is a single most precious commodity in universe. You're not using your time properly." SinB talks to sleeping Yerin and giggle. The giggles and playing of SinB was interrupted by the knock on the door. SinB immediately run to the door and open it. A middle age man was standing on the front of the door and beam SinB a sweet smile.

"Good morning." SinB greeted with a sweet smile too.

"Good morning, sorry for disturbing, but I just want to ask if my baby girl is awake?" Heechul asked the younger Hwang. SinB look at the sleeping Yerin.

"She is still sleeping uncle."

"Oh really? It was 12 now. What makes her sleep late like this? " Heechul was curious too. Yerin doesn't sleep like this. She always wake up early.

"We watch random movies last night. I found out that Yerin unnie that love movies." SinB beam with a smile.

"Yes she is." Heechul says and smile.

"Anyway I have to go to Hospital that's why I am asking her. Can you tell her I already left?" Heechul says and smile to SinB.

"Yes uncle." SinB beam a smile. The man start walking, but SinB call him out.

"Yes?"

"Are you going with mom?" The middle aged man shook his head.

"He will go there at 7 in the evening." Heechul says.

"Thanks uncle." The man smile to SinB and left. SinB went to her room and look at Yerin who is still sleeping. She run to the shower room to take a shower.

 

===


SinB went down in the kitchen and see her step sister eating.

"Is that a lunch or breakfast?" SinB asked as she sit beside Yerin.

"Ahm this is my second meal for the day, so I can call it lunch, and also lunch because it is 12:30 pm. If you eat now maybe that was your lunch because of the time, but we can consider more as a breakfast because that was your first meal this day." Yerin answered while eating.

"You know, you really give this effort to answer me with that long answer of yours." SinB says and start getting food. She look around and see someone is missing. Well as usual it's always that someone is missing because her mom was always at work.

"Ahm is dad already at work?" Yerin asked first. SinB nodded as she munch her food.

“How about aunt?” Yerin asked again.

"Mom is still sleeping on her bed. I think she wants to marry her bed." SinB says and drink water. Yerin laugh on the remark from the Hwang.

"Nice joke Bi."

"No I am being honest with my words." SinB says with a straight face.

"Look you silly, aunt is tired from work and she need sleep." Yerin says and slap her shoulder.

"Look uncle is tired too, but she was now in the hospital." SinB contradict.

" OK you have a point." Yerin says in defeat, because she never win a conversation with SinB.

"Tell me why didn't you says that I want to marry my bed? I wasn't tired in the first place." Yerin asked and eat her steak.

"Because you unnie will marry me than your bed." SinB says with a grin

"Eh?" Yerin’s face is priceless. Of course she didn't expect that coming from her step sister.

"Kidding unnie, can you stop that reaction of yours." SinB says and finish her food.

You should be kidding. 

 

===

 

SinB was in the edge of the pool spacing out. She got nothing to do. She put her foot on the water and play with it. She let out a deep sigh. She wants Yerin to be with her, but she doesn't know where is the girl. To be honest she just want somebody to talk with. But her mom was in her room doing some checking about the information if her patients in her study room. Yerin? SinB doesn't have any idea where could be the girl now. She let out a deep sigh again and frown. She still playing with her feet in the water. She was busy spacing out that she didn't notice someone sits beside her and start playing with her feet in the water too. SinB look at the someone beside her and see the girl she wants to be with. Yerin smile to her and look at the water. SinB look at the water too still frowning. SinB hates herself for being like this. She hater herself for making it hard to start a conversation with Yerin. She always find it awkward starting a conversation with Yerin for the first time in a day. She hate it that it was easy and normal to Yerin compare to her.

"Frowning again?" The girl suddenly speak. SinB doesn't know what to say.

"You know, we should always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love." Yerin says. SinB blush a little from the remark of the girl. Though she know that the girl is pertaining to sisterly love because they ate best friend, it still give her butterflies and makes her flutter. SinB smile a little, and Yerin move closer to her. The latter wrap her arms to SinB. SinB got the clue and rest her head on Yerin’s shoulder.

"You are fond of quotes?" SinB asked staying at the same position.

"Not really. Just a little because I find that inspirational." Yerin says and smile. A moment of silence for the two. No one dare to speak. They just want to be comfortable to each other.

"Yerin?" Yerin answered with a hum and rest her head in SinB’s head.

"I like this." SinB blurted out.

"You like what?"

"This, having someone by my side to give their shoulder for me to lean on. Having someone to cling on." SinB answered honestly.

"Don't worry I am free for that, remember I am your best friend." Yerin says, and got a smile from SinB, though she want more than this. She doesn't want to pressure everything.

"You know it was my dad who always do this." SinB added.

"I am glad that I reminds you of your dad." Yerin says. The two was still in the same position. They find it more comfortable.

"My mom also do that, but you know she is always busy." SinB remarks and frown again.

"My dad died in an airplane crash. That time I made myself believe that dad is only sleeping and will wake up someday. I make myself believe on the things that I thought will be for the better." SinB says sadly

"Lies are a necessity ." Yerin says. SinB look at the girl.

"Necessity? Why?" The younger one asked in curiosity because of the girl's words

"Because lies are the source of meaning, of belief and hope . Look you make a lie to yourself because that was your source of belief. Belief that your dad will never be dead in your heart." Yerin says with an explanation and sincerity.

SinB see Yerin’s point, and she can tell that Yerin is really smart in her every words.
Then she rested her head again to the girl's shoulder. Yerin smile bitterly as the word mom repeat in her mind again.

"Anyway where is your mom?" SinB suddenly asked. Yerin close her eyes and smile bitterly again.

"Like you, I lie on myself too."

"Why?" SinB asked worriedly. She can sense the bitterness and sadness on the girl's words and tone.

"I was in the school when my mom came. I thought she was there to fetch me but I was wrong. That day I learned not to trust what you thought, I learned that you should first have a proof before believing such thing." Yerin says

"What do you mean?" SinB asked in a soft voice.

"She came to say goodbye. She came to give me a goodbye kiss and that kiss was the saddest kiss for me. She came with a girl in her hand. Not a girl who same age with mom, but a girl who I think a year younger than me. Mom told me she is her another daughter, a daughter to her other man. Mom slap me the reality that she choose her another man than her real family." Tears pour in Yerin's eyes. She wipe it.

"Mom changes my beliefs. She makes me believe that a goodbye kiss means pain if it is left to you by the one who give this." Yerin added and tears start to fall again.

"After that she left with her new family. I made a decision to tell myself that mom was dead. I make myself believe that she was by black hole or Bermuda Triangle. Whatever sounds more cool and worst." Yerin says with a bitter smile.

"That was better that way. I hate her for giving pain to dad. I hate her so much. I lie to myself because that was the source of my hope that one day I'll forget her evilness. " Yerin let out a soft chuckle and wipe all her tears.

"I told myself don't cry because of her again, but look I was crying again." Yerin says. SinB pull Yerin by the waist.

"Don't cry, we will be here. Look mom can be your mom too." SinB says and ruffed the girl's hair.

"Stop crying big baby." SinB teases the girl

 

===

 


Yerin was still in the pool. She is looking at the water. SinB was in her room to do her stuffs. The sadness was still in the eyes of Yerin. Then Tiffany came and sit beside her.

"Why are you spacing out?" Yerin look at the woman beside her and beam a sweet smile. She is good in hiding her feelings.

"Just thinking of the coming school day." Yerin lied. The woman nodded an look at the water.

"I saw you with my daughter earlier, are the two of you perhaps..."

"No no, aunt there is nothing going on between us. We are just friends and SinB is my best friend." Yerin immediately defense which earn a chuckles from the woman.

"OK? Yerin?"

"Yes aunt?" Yerin answered and look at the woman beside her that was looking at the water.

"In case that you got commitment more than sisterly love with my daughter. Can you promise me that you will not hurt her?" Tiffany asked seriously Yerin nodded

"Yes aunt, I will not." Yerin says thinking of SinB, her crush. Tiffany patted Yerin's back.
"If you need a mom I am here." Yerin smile bitterly and thankful. The image of her mom play in her head again. Then she nodded.

 

===


It was nine in the evening. The dinner is over and everyone was in their room. Yerin walk to the door and SinB look at her.

"Where are you going unnie?" SinB asked Yerin stop for a while. She want to lie, but she think it will be better if she tell the girl.

"I want to stay in the living room for the night." Yerin says with looking at SinB.

"Why? You can stay here. You know." SinB suggested

"I want to be alone" Yerin says a barely heard, but SinB here it. Yerin left the room and it makes SinB worried. Yerin lay down on the couch. She is looking at the ceiling. The house was centralized air condition, so the coldness can be feel around the living room. Yerin close her eyes and things flashback on her mind. She open again her eyes.

 


Yerin was playing in the park. She was in the swing. Her mom stay on the other swing and smile at her. Yerin smile to the woman.

"Mom?" The seven years old Yerin call out her mom.

"Hmm?" The woman hum sweetly

"Why dad wasn't with us?" The curious Yerin asked.

"Dad need to be in work. She have a surgery to attend." The woman says. Yerin nodded in understanding.

"Mom I want to be a doctor like you." Yerin says and smile to her mom. The woman smile and her daughter make her heart flutter. The woman stand and kneel in front of her daughter.

"Your dad is doctor too. Why didn't you like to be like her too?" The woman asked.

"Because I want to surgery a human's heart too mom. Dad wasn't working with human's blood right?" Yerin answered honestly The woman nodded and beam a sweet smile.

"Your dad work with needles and anesthesia." The woman explain

"You know what the use of heart honey?" The woman asked. Yerin shook her head.

"Our heart is used to pump blood and not to be use in the decision." The woman explained.

"What does it mean mom?" The curious Yerin asked.

"People use their heart to decide and that was wrong. Always remember that it should our head we should follow (woman point her temple) not the heart (pointed Yerin's heart)" The woman explained. Yerin the smart one keeps what her mom says and she nodded continuously.

"We should not let the heart rule the head. Keep our rational thinking working OK?" The woman added. Yerin smile and nodded. The woman also smile that her little daughter understand a bit what she were saying. Maybe not whole, but a little.


Yerin bitterly smile, but her tears are pouring from her eyes. As she reminisce their moments she doesn't know that endless tears are falling to her eyes. She wipe it a little. Unbeknown to her a certain girl is watching her from the stair.

"You are liar mom." Yerin says in her crack voice

"Why don't you show me your vulnerable side Yerin unnie? You know I can listen. It pain me to see like this. I will wait when you are ready to share it. " SinB mumbled and a lone tear escape her eyes. She can't stand to see the girl like this. She want to hug the girl, but she know that the girl wants to be alone. So she get back to her room.

Yerin wipe her tears and another moment flashback to her.


The 9 years old Yerin was playing in the side of the pool. She keep her feet their and play with it. Then she saw her mom on the bench, so she sit beside he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter