life changing

Scoop

It was a known fact that Hong Jisoo would instantly turn into goo at any cute animal that his eyes would lay upon, except bugs of course. 

“Hello?” 

“Jeonghan” the said boy hears a soft voice whisper. Jeonghan took the phone away from his ear to look at the contact of whoever it was that was calling him. It was indeed Jisoo.
“What? What’s happening? Why are you whispering?” Jeonghan worriedly asks. Who knows? Maybe someone broke in their home while Seungcheol was out, and they both knew Jisoo would never want to hurt anyone- even if it was a burglar. Maybe someone was keeping him hostage and he sneakingly called Jeonghan for help. 

Jeonghan heard Jisoo emit an ‘aww’ from the other side of the line, which had the former’s eyebrows furrow even further. No one in their right mind would ever go ‘aww’ at a burglar or a robber. 

“Aww yes yes here baby boy, come on eat up.” Jisoo coos. 

What the actual is happening?

“Ji-Jisoo what is happening?” Jeonghan pressed as he finally heard what he assumes is Jisoo finally coming back to his senses. “There’s this little cute kitty cat in front of our apartment and i just- I died Han-Han!” Jisoo cries and Jeonghan visibly relaxes. 

“Jisoo you know our apartment does not allow pets inside the building, plus Cheol is lowkey against cats.” Jeonghan answers with a sigh. Seungcheol, their other boyfriend loves every animal there is- from the cutest labrador to even the furriest tarantula- unless it is a cat. He believes they are the epitome of Satan.

“But- but Hannie, I can’t just leave him here. He’s gonna die!” Jisoo cries yet again a hint of cuteness in his voice. “A-and I bet he’s gonna love him! Even so I would make sure Cheol will love him. Please Hannie” Jisoo asks, now cuteness very evident. 

It was also a known fact that Seungcheol and Jeonghan’s weakness was Jisoo, and Jisoo alone. They could never resist Hong Jisoo. 

Jeonghan sighed deeply, his brain immediately playing the scene of Seungcheol and him having a very serious discussion on whether they should keep the cat or not. And they were practically losing. 

“O-Okay- But!” He interjects once he hears Jisoo quietly squeal. “We need to talk to Seungcheol about this first okay? It isn’t final yet, okay?” Jeonghan says doing his best to sound stern. He hears Jisoo sigh sadly but agreed nonetheless. 

“Okay, see you later Hannie! Love you” Jisoo says and Jeonghan replies with an ‘i love you too’ before ending the call. 

☆  ☆
    

Once their boss gave them the green signal to go home, Jeonghan packed his things in his bag and hurriedly went to the train station. Looking down at his watch he calculated how long it would take him to reach their apartment. 

Let’s see, 5 minutes from the station to my stop. About 8 minutes by taxi from the station to the apartment, and I would reach there at around 5:18 and Cheol usually leaves the office at 5:15. However! His office is like way further than mine is from our apartment, so I would get home first before him. Thus, I could talk with Shua about the cat before Cheol sees it. Okay, okay Yoon Jeonghan you can do this! 
    
This was going on inside Jeonghan’s head as the train sped towards his destination. 

Following his calculations perfectly, he did arrive in front of their apartment at 5:17 and a few more seconds to spare. He took the elevator to their floor and walked towards their door. 

Opening the door, he shouted calling for Jisoo. He heard trudging as he took off his work shoes. He looks up as he senses a figure in front of him, and in time seeing Jisoo there. He was smiling at Jeonghan with with usual, cozy, soft, bright smile. In his hands was a small, brown and white munchkin kitten. 

Jeonghan’s eyes widen as he continued to stare at the cat. He took large and slow steps towards Jisoo, his eyes never leaving the small cat. Jisoo watched in amusement as Jeonghan continued to stare at the cat. 

“See I told you you would love scoop.” Jisoo whispers and Jeonghan slowly raises his gaze to Jisoo’s eyes. “Scoop?” Jeonghan whispers bringing his arm up to caress the back of the cat’s ear, scoop effectively rubbing his head against Jeonghan’s fingers. 

“Because he looks like a small scoop of ice cream when he’s all curled up when he sleeps” Jisoo whispers with a smile. “Oh and it’s pronounced as Shu-Coup” Jisoo says teasingly. 

Jeonghan pouts up at him, “meanie, why are you always leaving me out”. Jisoo laughs at this whilst Jeonghan continues to caress and scratch the cat’s ear. 

“But what do we tell Cheol about scoop when he sees him?” Jeonghan asks giving Jisoo a troubled look. Jisoo pouts, obviously he has grown close with the feline creature in a span of maybe a few hours. “Han-Han, we need to keep him” he states with a pout. 

Jeonghan sighs, biting his lip as he thinks. “Don’t worry Shua-ah, we will keep scoop” Jeonghan assures him with a smile and leans forward to kiss Jisoo’s forehead. 

☆  ☆
    

Seungcheol enters the front door and calls out to both of his boyfriends. He proceeds to take off his shoes and trudges towards the kitchen. “Han! Shua!” he calls out once again as he pours water in a glass. Taking a step and turning around he spots a cat looking up at him with curious eyes. 

    Seungcheol tightens his grip on the glass knowing he might drop it, so instead he choked on the water he was drinking. 

    Eyes wide as he and the cat stare at each other. 

    “Sh-Shua! Han!” he startlingly shouts and hears a bunch of hurried footsteps running towards the source of the voice. 

☆  ☆

If you and your siblings were ever scolded when you were children, the scene that is about to play would be really nostalgic and familiar to you. 

Jeonghan and Jisoo were seated on the couch, with Seungcheol standing in front of the two of them with his arms crossed over his chest.

“So?” Seungcheol starts with sternness very evident in his voice. The two of them were neither looking at him, keeping their gaze on the floor. “Who brought in the cat?” he asks but neither of them looked up nor answered. 

Seungcheol sighs, he did not mean to sound mad he simply just wanted an explanation for this. “Han, Shua, I’m not mad okay? Just tell me who brought in the kitty” he tries once again with a softer voice. 
They both raise their arms and point at each other. 

Seungcheol closes his eyes and prevents himself from laughing. “No, you can’t both point at each other, either one of you did i-” he pauses as he feels small scratches against his pants and he looks down to see the cat scratching him. The cat looks up as Seungcheol looks at it. 

Feeling mesmerized by the cat’s gaze he unconsciously crouches down in front of the cat. “I-I mean, it does look cute and all but, guys you know our apartment doesn’t really all-” he was interrupted by Jisoo, as he unconsciously brings his hand up and caresses the cat and the cat purrs in return. 

“W-we’ll work on it, okay? I, I will make sure that it doesn’t make any sound, and also i’ll make sure no one sees it when we bring him outside. I promise.” Jisoo speaks up looking intently at Seungcheol. 

Seungcheol looks up between Jisoo, Jeonghan and then down towards the cat. Knowing he has been defeated, he sighs. 

“Okay, what’s his name?” he asks and he sees Jisoo practically bounce up from the couch, a bright smile radiating from his face. “Scoop” he says and grins, and when he sees that Seungcheol looked at him curiously he prepared himself for the reason why. 

“Because he looks like a scoop of ice cream when he curls up into a ball. Oh and also his name is pronounced as Shu-Coup.” he says with a grin once again and Seungcheol smirks at that as he looks towards Jeonghan. Who then in return rolls his eyes, “god yes I know, okay?”. Both of his boyfriends laugh at his remark. 

☆  ☆
    

At this point, a few months after scoop has arrived in the life of the three, he practically has the three humans wrapped around his paw. They would pamper him, and spoil him so much.

Seungcheol is working and typing a paper that is due in a couple of days, oh but scoop wants to play. What paper? 

Jeonghan is eating chicken after a long and rough day, oh but scoop wants the chicken. He could always just eat the side dishes right?

Jisoo plops on the bed face first feeling so tired, oh but scoop feels sleepy as well. There’s always the couch anyway, right?

However no matter how much spoiled the cat has become, they couldn’t deny the fact that he is still very obedient.He does this thing where when he hears a noise from outside the door he sits down in front of it, expecting one of the three to enter. 

☆  ☆

When Seungcheol comes home, he sees scoop waiting for him. He instantly smiles whilst still feeling tired. He scoops up the cat in his hands as he walks towards their room. He finds Jisoo under the sheets, sleeping peacefully. He gently places scoop on the bed as he went ahead and changed into some comfier clothes. 

He carefully lifts the covers and brings Jisoo closer to him. Jisoo slowly opens his eyes and sees Seungcheol and he then willingly cuddles up on Seungcheol’s side. 

“Rough day?” Seungcheol whispers against the top of Jisoo’s head as the younger nods sleepily. At this Seungcheol brings him further towards him and securely hugs him. 

A few minutes later, scoop hears some noise coming from outside. He makes his way from the bed to the front of the door. As he waits for whoever it is to come in, his wide eyes stare up at the door. 

Jeonghan enters the front door to find scoop looking up at him with his wide eyes. And like Seungcheol, he instantly smiles and feels some of the stress leave his body as he saw the cat. He removes his shoes and walks to their bedroom, scoop following him.

If Jeonghan wasn’t quiet enough he would’ve squealed at the scene in front of him, but thankfully he was. Seungcheol and Jisoo were cuddling beneath the sheets with Jisoo curled up against Seungcheol’s side. He makes his way to the other side of the bed where Seungcheol was at. He carefully pushed back his bangs and kissed his forehead. 

Slowly opening his eyes, Seungcheol smiled once he felt the kiss and leaned up to give Jeonghan a proper kiss on the lips. 

Scoop then felt that it was the right moment to just squish himself in between the two sleeping figures. He waltzed towards them and squeezed himself in the tight spot causing Jisoo to slightly wake up. They felt Jisoo move slightly and they both looked towards him. He softly grunts but curls and nuzzles himself further against Seungcheol. 

“He’s just like scoop” Jeonghan whispers and Seungcheol brushes Jisoo’s bangs upward.