Mianhe... I'm Sorry

Worst Birthday Ever

The Nightmare - She’s Gone

Sehun knew he screwed up so badly. As he recalled the way he responded to Mina’s scandal, he feels like cracking his own head and smacking himself. How could he? How could have the heart to do that to the girl he claims to love with all his heart. His immaturity proves how much he doesn’t deserve her.

Jongdae who was in the living room shook his head in disbelief. He knew his maknae is immature but he didn’t know he is stupid. Even much more stupid than Chanyeol.

JD: Where are you guys going?

SHO: I want to visit Jihyo. She was discharged 2 days ago.

JD: And you…

DO: I’m meeting Sana. I miss her.

JD: Should I join you guys?

SHO: As if you have someone you want to see. Right? (The leader eyed suspiciously.)

JD: Ani…. I’m just…

SH: Can I tag along?

SHO/DO: No… (Both replied simultaneously almost forgetting that the maknae got hurt easily.)

SHO: Mianhe Hun, I just think it is best for you not to meet her.

SH: Arrasso…. I understand. It’s okay. I’m just going take a nap in my room.

DO: Gurei…have a good rest.

As Sehun lay his head on his pillow, he couldn’t help but started tearing up. He felt so stupid.

When Mina explained to Sehun about the photo scandal of her and Bambam, Sehun was pretty pissed. He accused her of cheating and what nots. When Mina explained to him about JYPE purposely admitting to a photoshop picture in adopting a counter psychological response to the scandal. Sehun refused to believe her.

He called her names. He blamed her and called her the greatest actress of all time. Mina took it all in her stride because she understood how disappointed he could have felt. She believed he would soften up because he loves her and that after pursuing her for a year, he couldn’t be giving up because of a photoshop picture. Although Sehun said and cursed that they are through, Mina was pretty calm. She was calm because she did not commit to whatever he had in mind.

That fateful day, he never knew how his immaturity cost him his love. When Mina found out that Sehun was heading to an old sunbae’s place to destress, she immediately grabbed Chaeng along to the villa. She needed to sit down and cure him of all his doubts. Honestly, Mina was surprised at how strong she was in handling all this bull. She had not cried at all and her girls were very supportive. Yubin unnie from WG also cheered on her not to be daunted with such scandals.

As she keys in the code to enter the property, she could see that someone was in the house because it was partially lit.

MN: Hun… (She cried out his name.)

CYG: Sehun oppa… (Chaeng called out even louder.)

Mina started feeling a little disturbed.

MN: I’ll check the second floor. Could you check the kitchen?

CYG: Uhmm…

Mina carried her feet to one of the bedrooms but was thankful when no one was there. Mina almost screamed when she saw a beautiful blond in the master bedroom on the bed in a beautiful lingerie. The lady stared at Mina.

Lady: Errr excuse me, this is my boyfriend’s house! Who are you?

Mina thought she made the gravest mistake. She assumed that she was the owner’s girlfriend.

MN: Sorry... sorry… I thought that my boyfriend came to see his friend here. (Mina responded in English as best as she could.)

Lady: How the hell did you get in here? (She fumes as she stood up from the bed.)

Before Mina could response, she heard the toilet door opened. She immediately bowed to apologize.

MN: Mianhe sunbae, I thought Se….

SH: What are you doing here? (He cut her off sternly causing the girl to look up at him suddenly.)

Sehun could see the disappointment in her eyes but his anger towards her have not subsided. In Mina’s head, her perfect lover’s image already came crashing down.

Lady: Sehun, who is she?

SH: She is the girlfriend of my friend who owns this villa. (He lied to the girl in front of Mina.)

Mina is still trying to piece the things together.

Lady: Sorry, I thought it was some crazy fangirls. Hi, I am Bella Thorne. Sehun’s girlfriend. (She reaches out for a handshake.)

MN: Hi, I am Sharon. (Mina uses her English name as a response.)

Lady: Maybe you would like to wait at the first level. I’ll make sure he will be properly dressed before you could talk to him. (She giggles like any normal girl in love would do.)

Mina nodded before taking heavy steps out from the room. When the door was closed, Mina saw an angry girl staring at her.

MN: Chaeng, could you please call a cab and wait outside for about 1 minutes? I promise I will make this short and sweet. (Mina asked of her maknae.)

CYG: But unnie… how could he?

MN: Please Chaeng…

Mina sat on the sofa as she gathered her thoughts. When she saw Sehun walking down the stairs, she immediately stood up. As they faced each other up close, Mina could see no form of regret on his face. Sehun knew what she might be thinking.

SH: If you think, I regret getting caught… Please know that I am not feeling that way. I got with her after I ended things with you. Technically speaking, I did not cheat like you. Besides you have Bambam , I don’t see what is the big deal anyway.

Mina’s smile suddenly confuses him for a moment.

MN: Ani… you don’t have to feel bad sunbae. (She responded very calmly as she looks at him in the eyes. However, addressing him as Sunbae was very hurtful for him to hear.)

Sehun just ‘tsk’ at her in dismay.

MN: I am here just to clear things up about my scandals. My lawyers already proven the picture was fake. And JYPE already proceeded with the lawsuits silently. I just came here to clear my name so that both you and me could move on in peace. (Mina explained carefully although her voice was shaky.)

An overwhelming sense of regret began clouding his heart and head.

SH: Mina yah… (His voice softens as he called out her name.)

MN: Sunbae, lets cheer for each other in this industry. I hope what ever happened between us will not affect out group bonding. I got to go. Chaeng is waiting for me outside.

Sehun stood in the living room just like a tree as he observes her back leaving the house.

2 Days Later

Sehun went to her dorm and apologized to her. She accepted his apology. However, when he mentioned about getting back together, that was when he knew that he had screwed up really bad. Her final words to him was so real and painful to hear.

“Ani… I don’t want to get back together. We broke up amicably and I hope it would be that way until eternity. Mianhe, we are just not a perfect fit. You and I both clearly have different mind sets and we dealt with things very differently. But Sehun ah… can I ask something of you?”

“You see, I am a normal girl. I get hurt and I need time to accept things. Please don’t appear in front of me if it is not for professional matters. Until I can get over whatever that I am feeling, I think it is best if we cut all personal ties with each other.”

A nightmare it was. Just a nightmare. Sehun wiped away his sweat and walk to the kitchen. That was the worst dream he ever had. In that dream, he has never seen Mina so bold and honest like that. He has never seen Mina looking at him with such disgust and anger in her eye. He has never seen Mina spoke with such clarity that he himself could not pretend that he doesn’t understand what she was saying. He has never understood the gravity of the hurt he inflicted on her until her words in his nightmare doubles the pain he is feeling in his heart.

He knew he has to stop sulking.

Since the scandal, not once has he seen Mina came on VAPP with her girls. He knew that she must be hurting and he can’t believe he added on to her pain with the silent treatment he has given her. With her birthday coming in just a few hours, Sehun was hoping she would forgive his mean words.

He Is Sorry

Mina opened the back door and quickly ushered Kyungsoo and Suho in.

MN: Anyeong oppa….

SHO: How are you Mina? Feeling better?

MN: I am. Don’t worry…. Sana unnie is in the toilet. Come, let me bring you up to the first floor.

DO: Gomawo Mina ah…

Sana quickly reaches in for a hug when she saw Kyungsoo. Mina direct Suho to her room that she shares with Jihyo. She told him to enter and encourage him to spend some quality time with her unnie. As Mina sat on the sofa, Kyungsoo who was feeding Sana with chocolates started a conversation.

DO: Minari… how are you holding up?

MN: I’m good oppa. I’m coping. (She answered honestly.)

Jihyo blushes the moment Suho entered the room.

JHO: Mianhe oppa, Im not wearing make-up. I look awful today. (She whines as she starts covering her face.)

Suho walked over to her bed and gave her a kiss on her forehead before settling beside her and pulling her into his arms.

SHO: Bogoshipo baby…

JHO: Me too…

SHO: I miss your voice, your smile, your kiss, your smell, your lips and your kiss.

JHO: I miss everything about you too…

Suho immediately showered her with kisses and she tried tickling him but got an unexpected reaction.

JHO: Wei?

SHO: Ani … my abs a little sensitive.

JHO: Jagi, you have abs? Can I see them? (She seductively.)

SHO: Wei… don’t use that voice on me. You know what it does to me!

JHO: I do? Really?

SHO: You know your knee is injured and you can barely move. You don’t want to make a wrong move. (Suho whispered in such a manly voice in her ears.)

Jihyo pulled closer as she puts just besides his ears.

JHO: I know… I was just wondering… What could or would you do to me now? (She responded to his word before softly placing a kiss on his temple.)

SHO: You are going to regret saying that because….

In that instant, Suho laid Jihyo down on her bed. With her arms around his neck, Suho went for her neck giving soft nibbles making Jihyo strung out strings of sound from her magical throat. That sound undoubtedly turns him on.

SHO: I could seriously eat you up but knowing that your members are just outside the door, I shall hold on.

His response earned a frowned from the girl and his curiosity peaked.

SHO: If I didn’t know better I might have thought that you want me to make love to you.

Jihyo was stunned by his honesty and she blushed and looked away. Suho reached out for her chin and pulls her face towards him.

SHO: Do you?

JHO: Oppa! (She whines affectionately trying to avoid his upfront mannerism.)

Suho smiled feeling happy that she wanted him as much as he wanted her too. Sadly they had to wrap up their time because the managers are heading back with some of the girls. As much as they refused to part, they had to.

Chaeyoung was on her way home after attending her brother’s school play. She stumbled upon Jongdae who was at their favourite mart. For some reason, it was awkward. Chaeyoung greeted Jongdae but addressed him as ‘sunbae’ which surprises him since he thought they already knew each other well enough after hanging out together.

Chaeyoung lingered around the store for a moment and when she assumed that Jongdae has left, she finally made her payment and make her way out.

JD: Are you avoiding me purposely?

CYG: Ya Kamchiagia! Sunbae you are still here?

JD: The last we hang out together, you said I was your favourite oppa…. But now… (He whines and pout in front of the smol bean.)

CYG: Ani… I guess things became awkward. (She answered him softly as she struggles to carry the cans of drink that her girls ask her to buy.)

Jongdae inch closer to her before taking the plastic bag from her.

JD: Come… let me drop you back to your dorm. It’s pretty late. (He asked in a very manly way.)

CYG: Neh…oppa…. (She finally used the endearment causing Jongdae to smile.)

As he reversed the car, he put his arm behind Chaeyoung’s seat causing the girl to blush unnecessarily.

JD: Why are you blushing? (He .)

CYG: I did not… (She claimed with a huff before pouting.)

Jongdae find her face irresistible.

JD: How Mina holding up?

Chaeyoung frowned when she heard the question because it made her recall how much of a jerk Sehun was for scolding Mina before getting to the bottom of things. Jongdae’s left hand reached out for her cheek and softly turned her face facing him.

JD: I know you are angry with Sehun. But that is between Sehun and Mina. You should not get involved in any way.

CYG: That is easy to say. Oppa, how would you feel if you were in Mina unnie’s shoe?

JD: Chaeng…. (He called out softly to her hoping that would give him her fullest attention.)

CYG: Uhmmm…. Oppa where are we? (She asked as she looks around feeling a little confuse.)

JD: A carpark nearby. Let’s take a short break.

CYG: Oppa Gwencana?

JD: Hmmm… I don’t look okay right?

CYG: You don’t… Is anything bothering you?

JD: Just something…

CYG: Since you brought me here… I’m pretty sure you want to share that with me right? (She as she poked his cheek earning a soft laugh from him.)

JD: You know about the pictures of me and my ex-girlfriend floating around?

CYG: I sure do…

JD: We broke up a long time ago. I am disappointed she spread the pictures out of anger.

CYG: But…

JD: But… I understand why she did it. No one would believe we dated unless she has evidence.

CYG: Do you regret it?

JD: Me?

CYG: I meant do u regret taking pictures with her?

JD: No I don’t.

CYG: Then you shouldn’t worry that much. You took the picture when you were in love so. You did it out of love not because you were force. So I think that itself will be a chapter of your life. Don’t think so much.

JD: Chaeng….

CYG: Uhmmm….

JD: You are so mature for your age. (He exclaims as his hands reached for her cheeks and ending up pinching her.)

CYG: Oppa! That hurts.

JD: Let’s not quarrel or avoid each other because of other people.

CYG: Uhmm… we should head back now. I have yet to pack.

JD: Pack? Junmyeon hyung didn’t mention about TWICE over sea’s schedule.

CYG: It was last minute oppa. Besides, we want to cheer and celebrate Mina unnie’s birthday.

JD: Congmal…

For some reason a brilliant idea came up in his head.

Happy Birthday My Beautiful Swan

He waited and waited and finally there she was in the VLive. He misses her. In-fact he misses her a little too much. It was apparent that she looks a little down but ONCEs and her sisters make her laugh and there is nothing more he could ask for.

Every single day he blames himself for his stupidity. His rash decisions and his anger got in the way of their relationship. Chanyeol look at his maknae and reminisce his own stupidity. Up till now, he still has not mended his relationship with Nayeon. His daze broke when he heard Jongdae calling out to Kyungsoo and Suho about ticket prices.

JD: We should fly tonight.

DO: Isn’t that a day earlier? They are only leaving a day after Mina’s birthday.

JD: We could surprise them. Besides, it won’t appear too obvious if we go there together.

SHO: We are surprising our girlfriend. Why are the one feeling excited? Who are you surprising Jong?

JD: Well, aren’t the girls my friends too?

DO: Right….

CYL: Where are you guys flying to?

SHO: We wanted to fly to Japan tonight!

JD: The girls are flying tomorrow so I thought we could be there earlier to surprise them.

SH: You mean all of TWICE will be there?

DO: Yes maknae, in-fact they are there to celebrate Mina’s birthday which is today actually.

SH: I know. I remember. (He looks down.)

SHO: Come to Japan with us. At least you could take your mind off things even though she won’t meet you. But I doubt Mina would be angry at you that long.

SH: You think so?

CYL: Go maknae… you don’t want to regret like me.

The boys felt like they have to pull off a dangerous stunt. Travelling incognito is thrilling and fun at the same time. After checking in, the guys warm themselves at the hot spring. It was already close to midnight the next day. The boys knew that the girls just returned back to the hotel from Mina’s birthday dinner party with her family.

CYG: Unnie, you’re not going to the comic café?

MN: I want to but I know you are tired. It’s okay.

CYG: Come on, let’s go. I know you really miss that place. What more now you are missing him.

MN: No, I do not.

CYG: Arraso… So, should we?

MN: You really don’t mind?

CYG: I don’t.

Chaeyoung looked a little nervous. She has never lied to Mina but after Jongdae begged her to help Sehun which she initially don’t agree, she pitied that guy. When they settled the couch near the window, Chaeng saw how sad Mina was. She wondered if Mina would get angry at her. When Mina left for the second floor, the boys came in. Chaeng held back her anger when she saw Sehun. Jongdae had to rub her back to calm this tiny smol bean.

CYG: Oppa you better fix this! If Mina unnie cries once again because of you, I will…. I will…. (She doesn’t really know what she would do to him though.)

SH: Gomawo maknae…I promise I will.

Mina stood at the same isle that she was almost a year ago where Sehun apologized. A tear trickled down her cheeks.

Flashback

Mina is having a huge dilemma or more so like a battle in her head. Should she answer with the truth or just pretend she doesn’t know him. How? She looks up and saw the sincerity in his eyes.

MM: Neh, I think so.

CYG: Bo yah… unnie, you have met oppa before.

MM: Ani Chaeng, we just happened to come across each other here. I helped him find his comic. That is all that I remember. (Mina quickly ends her story.)

Guilt struck Sehun’s heart. He knew that she remembered but apparently, she doesn’t want to be reminded of that incident.

CYG: Ommo unnie, the green tea latte is nice; you can take the chocolate drink… I want this one. (The little girl chimed.)

SH: Nice, right? I recommended that to her.

MM: Chaeng… Wait here… I will go to the shelf at the second floor. I need to find one particular comic. Sehun sunbaenim, have a seat. Chaeng don’t be too engrossed with the snacks. I will be down in a bit.

CYG: Unnie, I am not a baby! (Chaeyoung pouts.)

Mina quickly makes her way up to the second floor. She hid in between one of the shelfs as she taps her heart softly.

‘Myoui Mina, get a grip, will you? Why is your heart pounding so fast? Ottoke!!! Why must he be here? I would want to remember him as an idol I admired but how come when I see him again; all I remembered was what happened that night.’

As Mina calms herself down…

SH: Mianhe…

Mina managed a smile before turning to face him.

MM: Sunbae…

SH: I told you already…. Just call me oppa.

MM: Ahhh…

SH: Once again, I am sorry.

MM: Sunbaenim, you don’t have to apologize. It was all in the past.

SH: No need to address me formally.

MM: Mianhe I feel more comfortable calling you Sunbaenim.

Sehun felt like he lost something. He kept looking at the girl who avoided his gaze from just now.

SH: But….

MM: Sunbae… Have you read the comic Dream Knight, it is really good? (The girl voice suddenly breaks the silence. She tried to sound cheerful.)

SH: Ani… I have not.

MM: Let’s go downstairs, I will recommend you some new comics.

Mina wipes away her tears as she recalls that incident. Her mind drifted away to the night when he accused her of things she didn’t do. The scandal with Bambam was something unexpected and Sehun took his anger out on her. His words still hurt her.

 

Flashback

“How long have you been sleeping with him? Is that why you don’t want to be intimate with me? You have someone else to pleasure you.”

Mina’s slap shattered the Satan’s thoughts that clouded his head. When he realizes, he had uttered those words, he reached out for her hand to apologize but she pushed it away.

“From now on, we are strangers! Stay away from me.”

 

Mina rubs her sternum as she calls her crying heart. She couldn’t believe that it had to happen around her birthday. She was looking forward to celebrate her first birthday with Sehun but whatever happened has left her feeling drained emotionally.

Sehun who had been observing her for the past 10 minutes or so quickly embraces her from the back.

SH: Mianhe baby… I am sorry for making you cry. (He apologizes softly as Mina breaks down.)

She tried peeling his hands away but he wouldn’t let go.

MN: Let me go.

SH: Shiro… I am stupid. I know I shouldn’t have said those things to you.

MN: I said let me go. You and I are nothing. (Mina’s voice shakes as she begs him to let go of her.)

SH: I am sorry I won’t. I would not let you go… again.

Sehun tightened his embrace as Mina sobs harder. He whispered his countless apologies as Mina struggles to get out of his embrace. When Mina got tired of fighting her way out, Sehun quickly spun her and pulls her into a tight hug as he pulls her into his jacket. Mina’s eventually returned his hugs as her tears wet his shirt.

MN: You are so mean… How could you say that to me? There has never been anyone else but you. How could you accuse me like that? I hate you.

SH: I know… I know… I am sorry love… I really am…

Mina’s sobs broke his heart.

Chaeyoung couldn’t help but worry for her unnie. She kept looking at the stairs wondering what happened at the second floor.

Jongdae who was slumped in the couch beside her tugs her sweater.

JD: Stop worrying… they will be fine. (He assured her.)

CYG: But…

JD: No more buts…come closer.

CYG: Shiro! (She pouted cutely at Jongdae.)

He braved himself as he pulls her sweater pulling her right into his embrace. It was an awkward moment for a split second before he playfully pulled her into a headlock.

JD: I still have not punished you for pretending to not be close to me at the mart the other day.

CYG: Oppa… (She called out to him cutely hoping he would punish her.)

JD: You think your cute Aegyo will work on me?

CYG: My cute Aegyo? So, you think I’m cute? (She back.)

JD: Oh…. Ya I think you are cute so what! (He pretended not to be affected.)

CYG: Introduce me to someone…

Jongdae smile immediately disappeared.

JD: Shiro!

CYG: Wei???

JD: Shiro? You are too young.

CYG: Oppa, I’m 18. I am big enough to date. (She whines as her body relaxes in his arms.)

JD: Andwe... Andwe… you are still my baby.

CYG: Oppa… should we peep at them? (She playfully suggests to Jongdae.)

JD: Shiro! Let’s just stay here.

CYG: Arra… (She enjoys the warmth of his body. She told herself to just relax and enjoy this for a short moment.)

The two continued with their comic and ignored their closeness for a moment. Back on the second floor, Mina already calmed herself down. Sehun has been hugging her as he rubs her back to sooth her sobbing.

SH: I love you so much that I almost kill myself for hurting you so badly.

Mina slowly peeled herself away from his hug. Sehun cupped her face and was heartbroken to see her eyes swells from all the crying. He uses his sleeve to dab her face. As Mina looks into his eyes, he couldn’t stop but look at her lips. He rested his forehead on hers before reaching for her lip. With her arms around his waist, Sehun kisses her softly before finally wishing her…

SH: Happy Birthday Baby… I know I am a day late….

MN: It doesn’t matter as long as you are here with me.

SH: Should we go down now. I don’t know if those two could stand the boredom.

Mina and Sehun were a little taken aback when they saw Chaeyoung sleeping in Jongdae’s arm. They don’t know whether the closeness was more like a sibling closeness or that of a couple in love.

SH: Don’t tell me we have another couple in our groups?

MN: I don’t think, so right?