Tension

'Till Death Do Us Part
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ms. Kang has three sewn wounds, two on the arms and one on the left leg. It's not that lethal to kill, but we still strongly suggest to let her take rest for around two to three weeks. Changing the bandage is important too. She can be discharged after two days of observation, and we'll give you the extra bandages for her to change." The doctor tells the two girls, who were both listening intentively, as he explains what Seulgi got from her heroic act. He leaves with a bow and from that, the two girls sighed at the same time. 

Seulgi, who was actually awake when she was moved to the private room, stirs and alerts the girls. But Irene, who was not in the state of shock and was quicker to get Seulgi in place. 

"Hey. Slow down." Irene guides Seulgi to sit down comfortably on her bed. Irene's heart was beating in an unecessary rythym, and it flustered Irene on how she was so close to Seulgi and why she was acting like this. 

Krystal was weary about the pair, her eyes never leaving Seulgi's look on Irene when the latter was helping her up, her heart probably was tearing into two. She knew it would be like this, but she never quite actually imagined that it would hurt her like this. She coughs intentionally, enough to inform the two that she was also in the room. 

"Soojung." Seulgi softly mutters her name, and Krystal admits that it made her feel giddy when she breaths out her name so softly. She smiles at her, but Seulgi was a little bit awkward with the other. Irene feels the tension between the past lovers, but stays quiet to avoid more awkwardness. 

"Are you feeling good? Nothing's painful or uncomfortable?" Krystal asks her full of concern, but all she got was a small nod from the bear. Even if she did get near her, she'll probably only get small answers or short nods from the latter, so she understands the girl on why she was acting like this to her. 

"Irene, I'm hungry." Seulgi whines to the older female and Irene, who was probably swimming in her thoughts, was a bit surprised when the younger calls her name in a bit of cutesy tone. She doesn't really like the cute things, but she'll let it go when it's Seulgi. 

"Right. Let me call Seungwan, I'll tell her to buy some food." She pulls her phone out from her pocket and dials her friend. While talking, she only can hear the breaths of the duo, probably feeling heavy. Who wouldn't feel weirded out when you're in the same room with your ex lover? 

After ending the call, she sits down on the chair near Seulgi's bed, and looks her in the eye. Seulgi, being dumbfounded on what Irene was doing, pulls her cute dumb look and Irene chuckles on how cute this person can be.

But as soon as she realizes it, she was suppose to hate Seulgi for kissing her randomly weeks ago, but it seems to pass between the few days, especially when Seulgi actually saved her life and dignity. 

"Why are you staring?" Seulgi wonders on why Irene was acting like this. Irene was surprised at herself for being so open to Seulgi.

"I just want to say thank you." Irene sincerely whispers to Seulgi, and Seulgi softly and sweetly smiles back. 

"For what? Saving your life?" Seulgi was back to being her teasing self, and Irene was glad that Seulgi knows what she thanking about. 

"Yes. Thank you. I owe you big time." Irene smiles back to her, unfazed on how Krystal was practically shaving her head in her mind. Yes, she understands why Irene was acting sweet with Seulgi, since she saved her life, but she can't comprehend on why Seulgi was so sweet to her. 

Has she moved on already? With her? Krystal thought while observing the two, and she admits she was jealous. Jealous because she once felt the butterflies in her stomach everytime Seulgi smiled at her so nauseatingly cute, or whenever Seulgi kisses the top of her head. Or everytime they stare at each other's eyes and just love each other's warmth. Anxious that Seulgi will move on from her, and she is the one who can't. 

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter