Coffee

'Till Death Do Us Part
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Want to get some coffee?" Seulgi asks as they make their way out of the mall. They took the chance  to get out of Seulgi's apartment since weather forecast told them that it won't be too cold as winter will be coming soon. 

"Sure. But I don't really drink coffee."

"Oh?" Seulgi looks at her, and Irene can only chuckle at how cute the bear like girl and her antics are. 

"Yeah, too much caffeine is bad for me. I drink tea though." 

"Good! Henry knows how to make good tea, we can order that when we get to Seungwan's cafe. Plus, we can get free pastries since you're friends with Seungwan and I work there every Tuesdays and Thursdays, sometimes I part time in Saturdays. I can introduce you to the workers there! Which reminds me," Seulgi babbles as they walk towards the cafe, six blocks from where they are. Irene can only listen and giggle with how talkative Seulgi can be. "You kinda look like Jisoo, I mean, not that much, since you're way prettier than her." 

Irene tries to not pay attention to Seulgi's sudden compliment, but her cheeks redden and she can't help but smile shyly. 

"But you somehow have similar features? I don't know." Seulgi states nonchalantly, not knowing how she affected Irene with her sudden compliment earlier. 

"Yeah, we're actually cousins." Irene informs as if it was obvious, but Seulgi's eyes widen and hits her forehead with her left palm.

"Of course you are! Jeez, why am I so slow?" Seulgi says and Irene finally lets out a hearty laugh and Seulgi swears she heard an angel and she looks at Irene and she swears Irene looked so,

"… beautiful." She mutters under her breath, her gaze full of warmth directed at Irene. 

Irene heard her small mutter, and that was enough to send her to another blushing mess, face hidden behind her coffee coloured locks. 

"Right, I think we should get going." Seulgi says, barely keeping her tone steady. They walk quietly, but it wasn't awkward, comfortable and warm. 

But that was before Seulgi noticed Irene was slight shivering in the afternoon cold. They were four blocks away from the cafe, so she looks at the smaller girl and asks if she's okay.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just a bit cold." Irene says because there was no way she'd lie in between her shaking lips. It was not really the truth, but it wasn't a lie either.

The truth is she's cold, really really cold. She can't stand cold winters, that's why she likes working in the cold season. Their company had huge heaters, and her car was warm enough to keep her from shivering. And she suggested to just use her car, but Seulgi insisted that they walk from her apartment to the mall and to the cafe, and she can feel the cold leaving her body, a familiar citrus scent fills her mind and what just happened?

Oh. 

Seulgi had wrapped her velvet scarf on Irene's neck, her soft smile never leaving her lips as she adjusts the scarf around Irene and Irene never thought she'd feel this hot in winter with how Seulgi was so close to her. 

"Let's go?" Seulgi asks with her bright smile that reaches her eyes and Irene knees could have given up and made her fall to the cold, frozen cemented street if it wasn't for Seulgi's beautiful, beautiful eyes gazing at her with so much warmth. 

"Yeah, l-let's go." Irene stutters, but she excuses that she's just cold and that it's not because of Seulgi's scent that was stuck on the scarf and it was slowly making her addicted. 

"Uh, Seul?" She says, just like a kid asking for an ice cream cone, and Seulgi turns at her, trying to keep her heart at pace because Irene looks so ethereal with her velvet scarf and Seulgi just wants to treasure this look and keep it in her heart to never lose it. 

So she just hums in reply, hiding the words that she might blurt out if ever she opened to speak. 

"Can you hold my hand?" 

And there goes Seulgi's heart beating again, and she doesn't really notice the crimson colour creeping up to her cheeks with what Irene just requested and the fireworks starting to warm up in her stomach, so she just nods softly before reaching for Irene's hand. 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter