Balloons

Balloons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EXO's anniversary, like everyone else's, it only comes once a year. Always on the same date too, funnily enough.

Junmyeon didn't like parties though, after what happened 3 years and 2 years ago. Never had, never will ever since the issues about their group members and that was what he told his fellow group members each year when the date marking their debut as "twelve" into the world of entertainment and music industry.

Unfortunately for Junmyeon that year, his group members – aka his best friends, family, unfortunate acquaintances that he was stuck with until his death (or theirs) – had taken it upon themselves to throw a party anyway. Not a big one involving the entire company, because if they'd done that then Junmyeon really might have gone overboard and actually let them sleep outside their dorm for a week. But just a small one, with just them, so it would kind of be like the old times, since they didn't really spend as much time together as they had done when they were rookies and didn't have a bunch of concerts, drama shootings, photoshoots, and stuff that would take all of their time. But with a small party, they were sure Junmyeon wouldn't kill them over.

Maybe.

He's a cute bunny grandpa.

He wouldn't kill his offsprings over a simple party right?

But of course, with planning their not-so-surprise anniversary celebration, the group had gone all out, too. 'How else was one supposed to plan a surprise party?' had been Sehun and Jongin's argument when they walked into their dorm that morning (since the beagle line had promised to keep their leader occupied for the whole day) with a cake which was in the shape of their iconic logo and an entire box full of various alcoholic drinks – mostly wine, too, since they were all sophisticated adults (according to Kyungsoo), and they could easily get drunk on that those days anyway. But there was rum, too, of course. And vodka. And tequila.

Lots of tequila. Because you had to go all out and get completely wasted at a surprise party and avoid and ignore all responsibilities and schedules for one night.

Yixing and Minseok had brought the hundreds of balloons and the helium tanks they'd been using to fill up only some of the balloons, as well as the nice presents. Kyungsoo had really just brought and cooked all of the food, though. And there was a lot of it. So much food. And good food.

Kyungsoo had also brought the photo album from when they'd been younger and all their precious memories especially when they were complete, and considering they'd all forgotten it had existed until Kyungsoo had shown up with it, they were most definitely excited to go through it and be reminded of all their shenanigans from their younger years (plus some of their gross and embarrassing photos that were in there for some reason). Because really, there'd been more than a few, and there was just no better time to take a most likely embarrassing trip down memory lane when completely wasted.

So after spending the day setting up and getting everything ready for their 'surprise' party/celebration, they settled themselves in the lounge room and just waited.

Junmyeon got home right when he'd been expected back, and unbeknownst to him, he wasn't just heading back to the dorm for a nap, which Chanyeol had told him to do since he'd been grumpy. A nap, he did happen to want though, 'cause he was getting older and parties and socialising were tiring. So he fished the keys from his pocket and unlocked the door to pul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter