Final

100 Hits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I blinked once, rubbed my eyes, blinked again. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"Ma!" I laughed in disblief. "Mom! Mom, you won't believe this!" I jumped from my desk chair and bolted out of my bedroom and down the stairs. "Mom!" I slid ungracefully into the kitchen, skidding on my fuzzy socks.

My mother turned to me with a stern look, a spoon covered in spaghetti sauce in one hand and the other hand on her hip. "What have I said about all that yelling?" she snapped. "You're scaring your bother."

We both looked over at the toddler sitting in the highchair, stuffing fruitloops up his nose. I frowned and turned back to my mom.

"My blog has ninety-nine hits! Can you believe it?" I giggled excitedly.

Mother tutted. "That one about the aliens?"

"Extraterrestrial beings, Mother," I corrected her begrudgingly. "Honestly, people don't realize how offensive the term 'aliens' is. Anyway! I finally reached ninety-nine hits after two weeks of tirelessly laboring to gather research for all the wanderers out there."

"Mhmm." Mother returned to her spaghetti sauce. "And how's that cleaning of your bedroom going?" she asked dubiously.

Pinching my lips between my teeth, I smiled sheepishly at her. "I swear I will get to it but I must prepare for a new post for my one-hundreth hit which I am sure to reach by tonight! There's no time to waste!" Baby brother squealed happily along with me, a green fruit loop lodged in his left nostril. "I must go!"

Abandoning the longing cry of my starving stomach, I bolted back up stairs and to my constantly over-heated laptop perched precariously atop my desk cluttered with textbooks, newspapers, and notebooks crammed with any and all information on life from other planets.

"Okay, Spider, it's time to get that new post on the road," I told my hamster who was crammed between two bookshelves full of ET books. "What should we title it?" Slumping in my chair, I tapped my chin. "'One Hundred Reasons To Believe in ET Life?' Nah. How about a list of my favorite ET blogs? No, no, that's too common. Oh! What about the governments top secret areas that we aren't supposed to know about?" I gasped, startling Spider. "That's it. That could be our big break!" I clapped happily, settling in my chair. "From one hundred to one thousand, Spider. Here we go."

Cracing my knuckles, I buckled down to listing hotspots for ET activity that us commoners weren't supposed to be aware of. Before I'd realized it, nighttime had landed and I could barley feel my fingers anymore from the relentless typing. I also really had to pee.

Quickly saving my progress, I padded to the bathroom in the hall and did my business. Stretching and yawning on my way back, I was annoyed to find my laptop had crashed once again and nothing but a black screen was staring back at me. Groaning loudly, I went over to the power outlet and unplugged the chord before plugging it back in.

Suddenly, a loud crash sounded outside, followed by a cliche yowling from our outside cat. I walked over to my window and glanced out, freezing at the sight of a very large and brightly lit UFO floating above our back yard. Somewhere down the street, a neighbors dog barked loudly. 

"Oh my god," I b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter