1/3

Dear Diary (First Love)

-February 18th 2014-

You came back from school and went to your room at the upstair right away before your mom calling you to get down and eat dinner together. Yeah dinner, because it's already 7 p.m when you'd stepped into your house.

As you turned the door knob, the cream color wall and soft baby blue curtain are welcome you with your favorite tulip lamps lightening up your room; the not in large size room nor that small one. But the space is perfect to collect your favorite books and a lot of picture puzzles. And don't forget the collection of skate board which is tidily arranged at the right side of your study table.

"I'll be there after ten minutes. I need to freshen up my body first. It's stink and sweaty"

You answer loudly as your mom non-stoply calling from the kitchen. Yes, she is always like that, very loud very bold yet too sweet and too kind to be your mom since you really look exactly opposite of her. She is really a lady like while you're surely a boyish girl.

 

And just like what you said, after ten minutes you joined your family which is only you, your mom and your big brother since your dad still stuck in a traffic around his work place. Well, that's what mom said when you were wondering whereabout your favorite man. 

You sit at the front of your brother and he chuckles as he notices your attire which are a baggy sweat pants, and sleveless dark blue shirt.

You only give him a glare like telling -Dare-to-mock-me-and-I'll-kick-off-your--now-

"I wonder how can your bestfriend Hana stands beside you. She looks exactly like a barbie doll while you, indifferently like your collection kaonashi" 

Your brother, Park Shin Won, unaffectedly by your glare keep letting his mouth blabbering about your friendship with your childhood friend, Hana. Yeah, he always comparing you with her, and keep saying that you need to behave like her, styling yourself like her, and liking any girl stuff like her. 

But, HELL NO!!! Never in your dream you want to be like that, cause you enjoy being yourself. Simple and comfort. And you don't really like to be ellegant or blink blink by glitter stuff or just look pretty by painting your face with so many colorful stuffs. Cause it's so tiring and uninteresting by only thinking all of that.

And by saying those all, you've impeach if he actually likes her. Cause everytime they meet each other, they have that blossoming aura around their body. But they seem never has gut to admit their feeling to each other, cause they look like have an unvisible distance to make them closer. You don't know if it is actually because of you, or you just imagined those thought.

But, what you perfectly know is, Hana ever told you that she likes your brother, for almost 10 years, exactly from the first time she met him. OH MY LORD!

 

 "Kya! Park Shinhye! How dare you!" 

This time, your brother is the one who is loudly yelling to you after you kick his foot. Hardly kick around his shin bone. And you can see if he is truly in pain by looking at his funny frowning face.

"Serve you right baby boy!" 

You stuck out your tongue to his face and he quickly throws some fresh lettuce leaves at the table directly to your face.

"Kya!!!" 

You hysterically yell to him and ready to kick his foot again before your mom finally take her seat beside you after putting some foods on the table.

 

"Oh My GOD! What's happening? Can't you be calm when we are at the dining table?" 

Your mom give her famous scary glare to you, to each of you. And just like always, it's succesfully make you stop and you tightly seal up your lips.

"Good.. Now shinhye, get those soup from the stove and put it on the table" 

You do as told, as you quickly prepare the soup into the bowls which you immediately recognize it as a Miyogguk (seaweed) soup. You gasp. Finally remembering that today is actually your birthday. And when you turn to face your mom, she is smiling sweetly to you before asking you to be hurry and open the front door since the bell is keep ringing from time to time.

 

And right after you opened the door and revealing your dad that standing up with a cake in tulip shape on his hand, you startled. You've no idea if they're actually made a surprise for you. And it surely the sweetest surprise you've ever got cause they're not really minding about your birthday ever before. Well, as far as you remember your family only had celebrated your brother 17th & 21st birthday before.

"Happy sweet seventeenth birthday my favorite girl~" 

"Oh my GOD. It makes me speechless. However. Thank you so much dad" 

You hurriedly get the cake and put it on the dining table with your dad following you after to the kitchen. 

And after you blow the candle with your family singing the happy birthday song in chorus. You excitedly hug mom and dad without forgetting to thanks them for the surprise and for their love in raising you patiently for those 17 years a long. 

You also not forgetting to hug your brother and he sweetly caressing your hair while blessing you for your adult-to-be birthday.

"Now, I finally can take you to my friends party. They always bugging me with so many questions about you whenever we hang out. And there will be a person that surely be surprised when see you already grown up this big." 

You let out a chuckle after you release yourself from his embrace. You also lightly punch his stomach which gaining laughter from your parents and him.

 

And after that, you and your family digging the food which you can said such a feast since there are so many main dish and mouth watering side dish of korean cushion made by mom. You're sure she can be a great chef if ever she open a korean restaurant. 

You smile and blessed only by watching your family happily eating and have small chit-chatting together. This sight might be rarely you see in daily since all of you and family are always busy with each other schedule. You even been hard to see your father in home whenever he has a big project.

But, you're grateful cause even how busy you're, you will manage to have family time at the weekend. You will go to picnic or just helping your mom to clean up the whole room in the house.

"So, how is your day, my girl?" dad ask you as he finish his meal. 

"Like always. Doing group work, boringly listen to Mr. Kim lesson and hanging out with my friends at the park" you unamusedly tell your dad, but as you remember the surprise event held by Hana, you eyes twitch in light.

"Ah, right! Hana surprised me by held a small event at the rooftop after we finished our school. She nicely arranged the place and we celebrated my birthday with ourselves. She also gave a present-"

You stop your word, as you almost blurt out an embarrass moment you had with Hana this last afternoon. 

"Well, present? What kind of present that make you blush?" your father ask you as he can notice your redden cheek.

"Er.. No.. just.. you know" you're stutter when all eyes focus on you "Er, umm.. Just a fool present from her. Hahaha" you awkwardly laughing.

"Might be a naughty thing, right shinhye?" Your brother tease you just to get a glare from you and you also biting your lips when your mother coughing by his word. 

Your father squinted looking at your poor lying. Yeah, he always knows whenever you bite your lips is mean you're hiding something. But, as he notice you're fidgeting on your seat, he just shrug it off.

"Well, talking about present. I also got you something. I'm sure you're going to like it"  your father stand up from his seat only to go to his room and bring something back.

"Here. Open it" 

He warmly smile to you as he give you a violet box and he also caressing your hair before back to his seat.

The exciting obviously visible on your face. You will always more than happy to get a gift from your parents. Yeah, everytime you get a present, your parents can surprised you as they always got something special for you. Just like last year, your father gave you a beautiful crystal lamp shape in tullip. The one you put on your study table. That is your favorite one.

"Wow!!!!" you're amazed by opening the box. "Oh my GOD, dad! You're the best" you hurriedly get up from your seat and tightly hug your dad with the present in your hands . He smile ingenuously while caressing your arm that lingering around his neck.

"Everything for my favorite girl"

Then, you losen up your arm only to look at him in the eyes. "But, how can you get this picture puzzle? I've never been found any shop that sell this picture?" you're wondering as you're mesmerizing the puzzle picture in your hand.

(A/N: This is one of Simon Bull's Art Work named Kiss the Sky)

"Well, actually, one of my client in London is a best friend of Simon which also have a toy industry. So, I asked him to get a permission to Simon to make a picture puzzle for personal reason. Then, like after a week, he finally told me if the picture puzzle had been produced. And he also willingly sent it to me two days ago."

"Fantastic! I've never imagined if your client would be a best friend of my favorite painter/artist" you gasp after knowing the story behind. "After all, Thank you so much dad" 

"Well, I'm happy if you're happy. But.. You need to know if this idea, come across in your mom mind" he playfully wink at your mom.

"Oh, really? Wow.. Mom, you're a y woman with that brilliant brain" you also playfully wink at your mom before go to her and tightly hug her like what you did to dad. Even she is a little bit upset for what you said, but, still, she also caressing your hand and hair softly.

"So, how about you, brother? Aren't you going to give me a birthday present?" as you left your mom, you back to your seat and straightly staring to your own brother.

"Don't worry. You'll get a very good present from the cupid"

"Cupid? Who?"

"ME" he confidently pointing to himself which you only frowning by his weird behavioral. "Just wait before the midnight"

"Midnight? Why?"

"Patient, baby girl"

"Kya!! I'm not your baby!"

And just like that, your dinner time full of laughter and in light atmosphere as your family continue chit-chatting about anything. They also playfully tease you about your age that already legal to go outside till night, or going out to nightclub, or have a drink in pub. But still, your father also give you some lecturers about how to take good care of yourself for not wasting your time and attention in such unworth things. Yap, his limit age for your freedom finally open but, he will keep monitoring your night and day.

 

After finish helping your mom washed the dishes, you go back to your room and nicely hanging the new puzzle picture right at top of your study table. You will like to see the picture whenever you must study till midnight and you surely know that the picture can give you strenght when you feel drop by your assignment since that picture have a deep meaning for you. It can resemble someone that always in your heart. The one name that always can make you feel happy and also hurt at the same time by only thinking of him.

As you see the time finally show 10 p.m after you studied and prepared the books for tomorrow subject, you go to your book shelf and take out your favorite diary, before you read the content piece by piece while reminiscening the time you write the stories. The stories which filled by his name. 

 

-Feb 18th  2007-
Dear Diary,
Today is my birthday. My 10th birthday but my first time get a present from Sungjae oppa. He just gave me a diary and a bouqet of purple tulip which he said that he got from his mother who is owning a new open florist across our house. I'm so happy but I can't express my feeeling obviously or he will mock me. So, I just laughed when he gave me the flower and quickly put it in my bag before asked him to help me with my broken bicycle. And this diary will I keep as my diary that will filled by our stories.

-Feb 22nd 2007-
Dear Diary,
This is my second time I write something on this dairy. I just want to remember if Sungjae oppa just let me ride on his favorite bicycle. He always says that no one can ride his bike. But, weirdly, the first time I jokingly asked him to borrow his bicycle, he just let me to and he ride one of mine while keep smiling as I ride his high speed bike. I don't know what it called, but I feel special by his gesture.

-March 3rd 2007-
Dear Diary,
Today, one of my best friend, Park soo young told me that she likes Sungjae oppa. She also beg me to help her to be closer with him. I know it kind of ridiculous for an elementry student liking 3 years older boy. But, I just unintersetingly let her be and introduced her to Sungjae oppa. But, by looking at their close interaction, I feel a bit upset since he put all his attention to her when I just walk beside them at the ride to our house. So, I just left them and directly get my skateboard and playing by myself at the park.

- March 10th 2007-
Dear Diary,

I don't know why I feel happy when Sungjae oppa told me about he is get pissed off by soo young who always keep bothering him whenever he went to school or went home as she will ask so many things to him. So, he just asked me to be more early to go to school and let me join to his friends group hang out so we can be late to go home together. And thank's to him, I can know changsub oppa who also a skaterboard maniac that willingly to help me improve my skill in boarding.

March 20th 2007
Dear Diary,
It's almost two weeks I've known changsub oppa and I can see if he's actually a cute and funny boy as he can manage to make me laugh for whatever he done with me. And because of our closeness, Sungjae oppa keep bugging me with so many questions about how can I quickly being closed with changsub oppa. He also tried to make me distance myself from him as he always reasoned that we must going home right away to our home since there is a kidnapped issue nowadays. Lost in our argument, I only can follow him and just hang out with changsub oppa in weekdays. 

May 2nd 2007
Dear Diary,
I know it must be funny when I told Sungjae oppa that I got him something for his birthday. So, I just gave it without wrapped it and directly gave him the movies of his favorite cartoon I got with my borther help and said that I just accidently found the DVD while I walking around our town park. And I'm so glad as he bought my word without asking anything. He also amazingly happy when he notice what I've brought for him.

May 5th 2007
Dear Diary,
Today is the best day I've ever felt. Because we're having fun in amusement park only me, my brother and Sungjae oppa. Sungjae oppa purposely treated us for meal, shopping and the tickets of the game we played in amusement park cause his father kindly let him use his card for his birthday present. Yeah, thank's for his CEO father, we can happily enjoy ourself as a kid this whole day.

May 11th 2007
Dear Diary,
3 days ago, after we went home, Sungjae oppa suddenly told me about his dream being an actor. He also told me about a contest for a new movies in the day after today that evening. I just happy for him and asked him to quickly join the contest as if he may can realizing his dream come true through that opportunity. As I said that I've no idea if it actually can make him distance himself from me cause he need to move out to Seoul after he finally passed a contest. And tomorrow will be the last day he will be my neighbor.

May 12nd 2007
Dear Diary,

Today Sungjae oppa finally move out and he just gave me one of his favorite book about Sherlock Holmes. As I read those book, suddenly a book stop with the picture of purple tulip is drop from the book. At the back side of it, was written my name which I can recognize was Sungjae's oppa. So, he might be the one that purposely give the last present for me. Just like his first present. Purple Tulip. 

 June 21st 2007
Dear Diary,
Like after a month, finally I choose to continue to write my journal life in this diary. Before, as I felt sad mix with upset, I decided to stop write anything here. But, since it's kind of my routine, It feels a bit empty without record my day here. So, I just continue. And today is important day cause I just found my other favorite things which is 'Picture Puzzle'. I think I'm going to collect many of them and hang it on my wall in my bed room.

 

Then, you continue to read all your stories about how you survived from final examination, your day as a junior high school and a senior high school student. Also the competitions you joined in skate boarding. And not forget about how succesful Sungjae as a child actor and how he finally become a hot trend setter as he growing up to be a handsome guy with so many fan girling that will always shouting his name whenever he is out in public.

You also scanning all stories about your friendship with Hana, the stories about your parents and also how many guys that trying to hit on you but always end up being your best friend, and how your day without Sungjae as your friend.

A bit off by your flowing feeling, you stop your reading and a bit startled when there is a massage which showing unregistered number that send you a picture of purple tulip with a text of 

"Happy Birthday. Hope to see you soon"

You gasp and quickly facing your wall clock which point you that the time is one minute left to be midnight.


End of first chapter. All criticisms and suggestions I'll gladly receive. Hope you can left your thought about my writing style and how the story flow. 
And I beg for your apologize for my poor english if ever you found error in grammar, spelling or typo.
Hope you enjoy the stories~