The last day

The Last Day

                                                                                                                        

                                                                                                                       

 

 

I met him through a close friend of mine.

 

Hey! my name is Donghae

Hi Donghae my name is Jessica

 

Never thought we would ever become friends since then.

 I was always shy and intimidated by him and his popular friends that to be honest I almost fainted when I found out we had a common friend. I would literally see him in the hallways of our school smiling and talking to his friends and to girls that where so gorgeous making me turn around and walk the other way.

And to be honest I never really notice when, how, and why I started falling in love with him. When I first notice it I thought that I must of been crazy. I mean how did it happen we had just had a few conversations here and there and maybe a hello between classes so ¿how? also there was a possibility that he had a girlfriend and that he only though of me as a friend that made not pay attention to my feelings.

    

Ever since my revelation regarding my feelings time passed by. Days became weeks and weeks became months and pretty soon a new school semester started. Life was going great and my crush for Donghae was still there I tried to forget him but when I thought I did he came back to my life. 

Donghae became my classmate and my best friend and the feelings that where leaving came back from vacation. Now everything became harder because the few conversations and hello's in the hallways became text messages, phone calls and hangouts.

One day in class Donghae asked me to hangout with him on a weekend I thought maybe all our friends will be there but then he told me to not tell anyone so I thought maybe he was going to ask me the girlfriend question but it turned out to be that he just wanted to introduce me to his actual girlfriend. I felt so stupid and dumb, I couldn't believe how I thought of such thoughts when he has always thought of me as a friend and nothing more and I am not going to lie and say I didn't cry that night because I did and in that same night I made a promise to let this crush died no matter what.

 

Time passed by and his relationship with that girl became more and more stronger with each passing day. At lunch time I would be the third wheel because everyone had their special someone next to them and in class I would be the temporary distraction until the last bell of the day.

Even though our friendship was becoming distant I really didn't care because we did still talked maybe not as much but it was enough for our friendship to continue until that one day where he didn't show up to class.  

I thought he must of had gotten sick or something but I later on I found out he had actually transferred out of class. I was  sad and shock for the most part because he didn't told me anything. I wanted to know why but I only got a text message saying we are no longer friends.

 

I was heartbroken but I was not going to cry and get mad about it. Life had to go on and my crush for him was going to die down faster that way. Our friends never found out a bout our broken friendship since his lunch time change along with his schedule.

Summer finally came and with it the last day of school also came. I was walking down the hallway to my last class of the day when I felt someone grabbed my hand and dragged me out of school through the side doors.

I could only see their back but it seemed so familiar that I didn't feel afraid instead I felt safe. We finally stopped at a park near a train station and I could finally see his face. It was him! Donghae. He came closer to me and then... he hugged me I was so shocked I couldn't believe it. 

 

I'm sorry Jessica

what?

 I am sorry for abandoning you and for ending our friendship

why did you do it anyway? 

She told me to stop seeing you because there were rumors of me and you having affairs

What? But that is not true and she knew we were just friends. 

I know but at the same time my schedule changed so I thought of doing what she asked. 

You!... I don't even want to talk to you anymore and you know what? I can't believe I actually fell in love with you when you never even did something nice for me.

What did you say? 

I am not going to repeat myself. 

Ok so listen to me carefully because I'm not going to repeat myself either you got it? 

Yes. I got it. 

I also love you! 

What?

 

I couldn't believe what he said. Was I dreaming, was I hallucinating or what? I was at loss of words I couldn't even move until I felt something soft in my lips and that's when I realize of the kiss.

I couldn't close my eyes because of the shock but I didn't care. I saw his eyes closed making me close my eyes and enjoy the kiss. I could feel my heart raising to the speed of light the kiss was amazing I didn't want it to end so I responded to it. I didn't care if anyone saw us or if I had actually skipped my last class of the year because this was worth it.

Jessica would you be my girlfriend?!

Yes!!! 

 

 

                                                                                                                              The end