Stuck

Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I groaned when I felt cold fingers touching my face, as if removing something fragile using the person's delicate hands. I squeezed my eyes before peeling it open, staring at the person who was still wiping something on my face.
"You're awake," the person spoke which voice I immediately recognized. My vision was still blurry and I can barely see my surroundings much more the person who was sitting beside me. But I don't need a clear vision to know Bomi's familiar touch and voice. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, only then realizing what she was trying to wipe.
Tears.
"You're crying Unnie," Bomi said a matter of factly.
"W-well, t-this is," I tried to string some words trying to make up some lies as an excuse. I froze when I realized what happened last night. I felt my face heating up remembering how I broke down in her arms, wailing non-stop like a little child. 
"B-bbom-ah, about last night I," I immediately turned to her and gripped her shirt but stopped when I saw her crease her brows.
She waited for me to continue while I stared at her orbs as if trying to find my words in there.
"I," I looked down and smiled dumbly in realization.
"I missed you Bbom-ah," I muttered before looking back at her.
"You just arrived am I right?" I grinned and let myself fall back into the sofa which ended up becoming my bed last night.
"Yes. I just came from my schedule and found you here sleeping," Bomi stood up and went to the direction of the kitchen, fumbling something in the fridge.
"This is already the second time I caught you sleeping in the sofa Unnie. Should we just move your stuff in here," Bomi returned with a glass of water in her hold and passed it to me generously.
"Haha Very funny," I scoffed before accepting the water. I took some sips and cleared my throat after when I somehow felt an awkward silence between us.
She's not asking why I was crying. I don't know if I should be happy or not since I also can't imagine explaining to her why I was crying in my sleep. But at the same time, I'm also kind of hurt since I feel like she doesn't care about me.
"Do you want me to ask why you were crying in your sleep?" 
I froze and turned to her slowly. Don't tell me. 
"A-Am I a-awake?" I mumbled innocently while staring at Bomi. This dreaming thing is really driving me crazy. Day by day I've been guessing if I'm really awake or not. If I'm talking to the Bomi that I know or the Bomi who was has been keeping me company all this time.
Bomi chuckled, waking me up from my trance and she nodded as a response.
"You don't have to tell me anything if it's making you uncomfortable Unnie," she smiled and patted my head like a little kid. I see. I thought I got pulled in the dream again. I thought I was conversing with the other Bomi.
"You don't have to tell me but please know that I'm always beside you," Bomi continued her words and I only nodded as a response. There was a few minutes of silence before Bomi spoke, breaking the uncomfortable silence we were in.
"Do you want to go on a date Unnie?" 
I turned to her abruptly with wide eyes and jaw loosened quite too much.
"W-what?" I stuttered, questioning whether I heard correctly what she said.
"You know, just the usual bonding time that we used to do. It's been quite a while now right? I want to spend time with you Unnie. Just the two of us," Bomi smiled innocently while waiting for my response.
"S-sure. I mean, I don't have things to do. But what about you? Don't you have a schedule to meet?" I asked, trying to hide the guilty feeling of taking her time. Suddenly, I felt warm hands touching my own with a tight squeeze and a soft rub.
"I have my priorities," She smiled again and I can't help but blush so I looked away.
I stood up immediately, trying to shake the giddy feeling off my stomach. Gosh. This is seriously getting out of hand. I walked to the direction of my room with tense emotion swallowing my whole being.
"I-I'm going to change. So, wait f-for a bit ok?" I stuttered again before quickly entering my room.
"Ok!" I heard Bomi's response which quickly send my heart on fire. I clenched my chest while remaining glued at the back of my door. I stifled a giggle before detaching myself off the door and began searching for a decent dress to wear.
'Don't have your hopes up Unnie.'
I froze. What was that? I scanned the entirety of the room and was only met by dead silence. Must be just my imagination. I shrugged and continued changing from outfit to outfit.
'I just don't want you to get hurt.'
I gasped and turned around again. What the? I'm not sleeping so why is it like this? Is that supposed to be Bomi's voice? Suddenly, I heard a whisper behind me.
'I will protect you Unnie'
"KYAAAAAHHH!!"


Bomi POV
I heard a loud scream coming from Chorong-Unnie's room. Without second thoughts, I immediately jumped to her rescue and rushed inside to check on her. Upon opening the door, I found our leader curled in a ball with her hands covering both her ears. I stood frozen at first not knowing what to do but as soon as I saw droplets of tears falling from her eyes, my feet began to move on its own. Before I knew it, she was already in my arms. I hugged her tightly and patted her softly to calm her down.
"It's ok Unnie. I'm here. Don't be scared." I whispered. She looked up to me and my heart broke seeing those trembling eyes.
"Bbom-ah. I-I'm scared. I keep having this dream where all my wishes come true. Where Apink is happy. Where all of us are together. Where I am happy. Where I am with you." Chorong mumbled non stop as she clenched my clothes tighter.
"I am with you Unnie. We are with you. We are here," I trapped her face between my hands and looked at her in the eye, emphasizing that what I'm saying is genuine.
Suddenly, she pushed me away. Removing herself from my arms, she stood up and wiped her own tears. She was facing back, as if trying to hide her secret.
"You don't understand Bbom-ah. You don't know my thoughts. You're not her to understand me."
Her? Who was she referring to? Chorong-unnie rarely goes out of her room to meet people. I frowned and grabbed her arm. I turned her to face me but she keeps on looking away.
I sighed and loosened my hold. I know she's not currently in the state to talk so I did what was best. I head to the door before mumbling some words.
"I'll wait for you outside. We still have a date so I'll wait ok?" 
And then I left.


Chorong POV
It took me almost an hour to gather myself together. I think I'm starting to lose my mind. I can feel my heart wavering for some reason. I facepalmed when I remember how I acted in front of Bomi. What the heck!? This is making me look like a kid and the fact that I'm older than her is making my feeling worse. I inhaled a deep breath before finally coming out of my room. I looked up and saw Bomi on her phone having a conversation with someone. Suddenly, I remembered how she said that she has her priorities. I sighed. Maybe she was cancelling her schedule for me. 
Bomi noticed my presence and she immediately dropped her call. She smiled sweetly as if nothing happened earlier and motioned me to hurry up. I ran to her and we made our way to our van. Right. We have a date. I shouldn't be thinking of anything ot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter