Entrance

Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They are growing wings and soon, one by one, they're going to leave me. I knew from the very start, that we are fated to separate, that only time can tell until when and how. I've always knew and yet seeing it with my own eyes, how each one of my treasured sisters began to depart to their own path, I never felt so lonely.

"Bbom-ah, you're leaving again today?" I asked when I saw Bomi about to turn the knob of our door to exit.

"Yeah, I have to film some variety show and a music recording after," Bomi replied as she turned to me and gave her sweet smile.

"I'll be leaving then Unnie," She bid her goodbye and the loud shut of the door ended our conversation. 

I sighed and turned to have a view of our empty dorm. It was silent. So freakingly quiet that sometimes I can hear the silence buzzing through my ears. 

I'm supposed to be happy. That finally, my members have now schedules other than our group activities. They can now promote and earn money on their own without carrying the label "Apink" but simply having their own name as a signature. Yes. We are still promoting as a group. But I can't deny that individual schedules between the members are rampant at present. I do as well have my own pack of schedules to meet but unlike my fellow members, I tend to have more alone time by myself. 

It was always my dream, for the members to succeed and stand with their own feet. For them to grow as responsible adult is the only thing that I wish for them as a leader. And yet, why am I feeling like this?

I dragged my feet to the direction of the sofa and plopped myself face down on the soft cushion. I extended my arm and reached for the remote on the nearby table. I clicked the power button and the tv came into life while I remained planted on the cream colored sofa. I began to switch channels and the familiar voices of my kids would echo on every click. Eunji having a singing competition, Naeun acting on her drama, Hayoung on variety shows, Namjoo with her eating show and Bomi on every genre. I sighed and turned the tv off. I flipped and turned my attention on the white ceiling. I stretch out my hands and began to reach for something that I myself don't even know. But whatever it was, all I can feel is emptiness.

And no matter how hard I try. No matter how I push myself to stop the time, I still can't reach it.

A click sound suddenly came into hearing and I immediately sat up and turned to its direction. 

"Bbom-ah, Why did you come back? Did you forget something?" I asked when I saw Bomi peeking at the door leaving only her head to be seen.

"Yes, I forgot something Unnie," she said and waved her hand at my direction as if telling me to come closer.

I stood up and went to her. I was only about a meter away when she suddenly grabbed hold of me and pulled me outside.

"I forgot you Unnie," she grinned, revealing her crescent moons.

"Yah! What do you think you're doing? You have a schedule right?" I scolded.

"Yeah. But I cancelled all of them," she responded while she pulled me to the car and threw me literally inside.

"Just what the heck are you doing Yoon Bomi?" I narrowed my eyes at her when she entered the car and took a seat beside me, leaving no space in between.

"Relax. I just thought that maybe we should have some alone time together," she grinned and leaned on my shoulder comfortably. 

"Where do you want me to take you?" Manager Oppa asked and I met his gaze on the mirror at the front.

"Just somewhere far," Bomi responded as she snuggled closer.

"Then far it is," Manager uttered.

I raised a brow at the sudden turn of events. As far as I remember, I was relaxingly lying on the sofa a while ago switching channels to kill time. I wanted to ask manager for the reason of this sudden 'roadtrip' but my mouth seemed to have a mind of its own that it refuse to utter a word. I glanced at the window and notice that it was drizzling outside. The thought of the cold breeze of wind mixed with a touch of rain made me feel a little lightheaded. My eyelids suddenly turned heavy and the movement of the car began to feel like a craddle, rocking me to sleep. I took a blink but the second time I did so, I wasn't able to make a third one. I fell into dreamland, with no idea on where I'll be heading.

A light shake woke me up from my peaceful sleep. I stirred, and slowly opened my eyes while trying to focus my vision. Bomi's crescent moons made me thought that it was night but suddenly, a familiar voice suddenly echoed.

"Good morning Everyone! We are now here with one of the top singer in the k-pop industry! Please welcome Jung Eunji!"

I widened my eyes and sat up automatically. I turned to my side and saw the tv with Eunji smiling brightly on the screen.

Wait. When did I return?

"Looks like you had a good sleep Unnie. It's rare to find you sleeping comfortably on the sofa. Why didn't you sleep in your room?" 

I turned to Bomi and saw her busy rummaging the fridge for any food. I knitted my brows and thought hard if I was really dreaming or such. The last thing that I remember was the droplets of rain falling slowly outside the window of the car. And the familiar scent of air-freshener that lulled me to sleep. Was I really dreaming?

"Did you just got home Bbom-ah?" I asked Bomi.

"Yes Unnie. I finished my recording early and the show that I was supposed to attend to got cancelled," Bomi answered and walked to my direction holding two colas with her. 

"Want some?" She handed me the drink and I took it willingly.

"What's wrong? Why are you spacing out?" She asked and took a seat beside me. She reached for the remote on the nearby table and turned the tv off.

"No. It's just," I pause and thought hard if I should tell her about my 'dream'.

"What is it?" She tilted her head while giving me her full attention.

"It's nothing. I still feel sleepy so I'll continue my rest in my room," I stood up abruptly and made my way to the direction of the room that I occupy on my own. I shut the door after getting inside and leaned on it for a few seconds before heaving a sigh. I heard a few knocks from the opposite side of the door followed by Bomi's voice.

"Are you okay Unnie? Is something bothering y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter