Chapter 2

A Moment In Time

 

As Tiffany was being wheeled into the emergency room, Kikwang was running alongside the stretcher. He had one hand holding Tiffany’s hand. His eyes didn’t leave Tiffany’s face as the bright lights of the hospital started to fade when they reach the emergency room. Because of all the blood on Kikwang’s clothes, the doctor asked him to wait outside. Kikwang was so angry.
‘How can I let Tiffany be in this state?’ With that, he almost punched the wall when Yoona held it back.
‘Don’t be like this, Tiffany wouldn’t like it. Sit down, I just called the others, they’re coming now’ Yoona forced a tight smile while Chansung came running in. There were no words spoken when he entered. There was only the sound of Chansung breathing heavily after rushing in. He back hugged Yoona and dug his face into her back.
‘She’s going to be okay, I promise you’ Chansung breathed into Yoona’s ear. With that, a tear fell down her eye. Kikwang wiped it away.
‘Don’t cry, Tiffany wouldn’t like it’ Kikwang tried to smile.
Yoona sniffled and turned around to hug Chansung. She placed her arms around his neck and squeezed as hard as she could. He dug his face in between her neck and shoulder and hugged her even tighter. Kikwang sat down and put his head into his hand.

Kikwang knew that Yoona was trying to hold back her tears. What could he do now? The two closest friends he had were hurting. Tiffany was hurting physically and Yoona was hurting emotionally. ‘Pabo, it’s your entire fault Kikwang. How could you do this to the two most important people of your life?’ Kikwang thought to himself.

Yoona sat there silently, tears rolling down her eyes every time she thought about Tiffany. She thought about all the memories they had since they were trainees. The three of them waited for the others to arrive. ‘Beast’ arrived not long after and Yuri and Nichkhun were getting on the next flight available. (They were in Thailand shooting a romantic-comedy movie.)

“What happened?!” Yosoeb demanded.
“What happened to our Tiffany? Is she okay? What happened? PLEASE YOONA, TALK’ Hyunseung yelled.
Yoona tried to speak but words wouldn’t form. Chansung explained and the others were in shock. They all sat down with a blank expression on their faces. They didn’t believe Tiffany would be in that state. Not after what the Doctor said last time.

The time was 3.40am and everyone was asleep except for Chansung and Kikwang. Everything was hushed, not a sound besides the beeping machine that was telling them Tiffany was still alive. At 4 am the Doctor came out. Kikwang lifted Yoona’s sleeping head off his shoulder and told her to wake up. Kikwang, Yoona and Chansung stood up quickly and walked towards the Doctor. The others were still fast asleep.
‘This can’t be true’ Kikwang thought as the Doctor went on. Kikwang looked at Tiffany in the emergency room, still and lifeless.
‘Fany-ah...’ He whispered as Yoona grabbed his arm for support because of the news. Chansung caught Yoona before her knees buckled.
The three of them walked little by little towards Tiffany’s bed. Chansung supporting Yoona’s back and Kikwang holding Yoona’s hand, they finally got to where Tiffany was lying. She was in a horrible state. The debut was only a few days away and Tiffany was like this. Needles and tubes coming from everywhere of her body, her face was pale and her eye bags were so dark. Looking at her hurt all of them. Yoona started to sob as Chansung held her waist. Kikwang let go of Yoona’s hand and moved Tiffany’s hair out of her face. He put one loose strand behind her ear.
‘Yah! Stop joking around with us now!’ Kikwang joked, hoping it was a joke. A tear escaped Kikwang’s eye.
‘Yah...seriously’ He whispered. This caused Yoona to cry even harder. Chansung was Yoona’s hair and telling her it was going to be alright. ‘Beast’ came walking in. They all surrounded her bed. Everyone had their heads bowed down. Yoona crying so hard Chansung had to take her out of the room.

*TIME CHECK- 5.00am*
‘Beast’ had to leave because of their schedules but Kikwang stayed.
‘We’ll be back as soon as we can. Call me if there’s any news okay?’ Doojoon told Kikwang. He nodded and ‘bro’ hugged all s.
‘It’s going to be alright’ Junhyung whispered.
‘Don’t worry bro, she’s strong. She’ll make it out like every other time’ Dongwoon reassured Kikwang. All Kikwang did was nod and gave a tight smile. ‘Beast’ left and a few minutes later Chansung brought Yoona back in.
‘How is she?’ Yoona asked.
‘Nothing has changed since you’ve been gone. Feel alright?’ Kikwang said. Yoona nodded and sat at Tiffany’s feet on the bed. Kikwang grabbed a chair and sat on the side of the bed and held Tiffany’s hand. Chansung got a chair too and placed it in front of Yoona, he then lend his head into her lap, his left cheek resting on her thighs and his face looking at Tiffany. He sighed towards Tiffany. He felt so bad for her. She was so little yet, she had to go through all this pain. His eyes slowly dropped and he fell asleep while Yoona played with his hair. Kikwang fell asleep on Tiffany’s hand to the beat of the steady beeping monitor and Yoona just prayed that Tiffany would make it through. Then all of a sudden the monitor started to beep out of control. Going so fast, you could hardly hear it beeping. This woke Kikwang and Chansung up. Yoona was alarmed and quickly press the ‘help’ button. They all stood up side by side and watched Tiffany’s body start to twitch uncontrollably. The doctors and nurses came running in. Then everything was a blur, like someone had press the slow-motion button in a movie. Yoona couldn’t hear anything but her cries. She felt Chansung and Kikwang grab her and pulled her aggressively out the door. She remembered resisting and screaming out, convincing them to let her stay with her bestfriend. But they continued to drag her out into the waiting room.
‘TIFFANY! YOU MUST SURVIVE! YOU MUST SURVIVE!’ Yoona screamed on the top of her lungs resisting against Chansung’s strong arms.
‘I’m sorry, we must take her into emergency surgery right now’ the Doctor said in sorrow.
‘We don’t know if she’ll make it this time’ with that the Doctor bowed his head and walked off quickly with a black clip broad in his hand. When Yoona hear this, she fell to the floor, clutching her heart. Balling her eyes out, sobbing so much hurt. Chansung supported her up and Kikwang froze. He brought his heavy feet slowly towards the surgery door. He lend against it and slowly slid down. He held his heart and closed his eyes.
‘Fany-ah, saranghae....’