we are one world

Heart and Soul (special)

Leeteuk banged his fists on the door.

“somebody?” his knuckles had already turn reddish due to consistently knocking for someone to open the suite from outside but to no avail. If the door could only have a manual locking system, it would be fine. Alas, the technology nowadays, with identification cards as the only keys to use, drained leeteuk the hope he was thinking. Yes, no keycards for him at the moment. He was apparently held in hostage, with two bodyguards standing outside the door.

Leeteuk pushed the door angrily and heave out a deep breath. “seriously?” he said, couldn’t believe that his father would do it to him. Park Kyuwon did it again. Park Kyuwon could easily manipulate people, even if it involves his son. The old man, owning a power snap via his fingers, owning hundreds of wons, could just easily drive people insane by showering them with gifts, with benefits, just as so, they could grant his wish. And what is his wish this time? to have his son meet the oil heiress who unfortunately took an interest on him. Just for business. And possible future family? No. leeteuk wouldn’t want that. even taeyeon, his girlfriend of more than a year wouldn’t want that. Earlier, taeyeon just walked out of the room because of the talk he had with the old man about the oil heiress in Egypt. Everything was so smooth until his father came. Who would know that he would come? No one. The Parks are as mysterious as they can be.

If only he wouldn’t ruin the day, leeteuk thought, placing his hands on his hips.  Thinking of his father, the old man must have been out of the island now boarding a private jet, obviously in glee of what had just happened. Not that the former president of Park Steel and Oil Industries wanted some other things to happen, such as taeyeon walking out of the room. he cannot deny that he was a bit embarrassed of taeyeon angrily shutting the door when he wanted his son to meet the oil heiress. but he was so keen on starting a good business out of asia that he had forgotten about his son’s current status in his relationship.

Leeteuk banged the door for the last time to irritate the ears of the bodyguards standing outside the door.

If only someone with access to keycards could just…

Taeyeon. Taeyeon could help him get out. leeteuk smiled and hurriedly went inside his room to retrieve his phone and to inform his ladylove of what his father had just done. she would definitely be angry for that.  Even if taeyeon is disappointed at the situation, she may not want leeteuk to be locked up all by himself. Leeteuk waited for the call to transmit but all he found was hearing the voice of the operator talking about leaving a voice mail.

 

Of course she wouldn’t want to talk to him right now.

 

Leeteuk sighed. Now what to do. he paced back and forth to his room, and got the idea of calling the receptionist through the hotel phone.

“yes, this is park jungsu.” he said through the receiver. He could hear muffled sounds on the background, voices of people whispering to each other about an order. “I am locked up inside suite 2. My father you see, got the keycard from me, if only you could lend me one right now. I really need to get out.”

“we are sorry sir, but mr. park kyuwon advised us not to let you out.”

“you are kidding…. Right?” That’s it old man, leeteuk thought. no more dealings with you when I become the president. “did he tell you something, anything?”

“sorry again sir, but we are not allowed to tell you details about his reminders.”

Leeteuk gritted his teeth and tried to maintain his patience by exhaling out a breath. “I see. Thankyou.”

He put down the phone and threw himself towards the bed.

------------------------------

Pool side, Star hotel

“shim changmin, is that you?”

Taeyeon couldn’t believe her eyes. the tall man with a pool cleaner on his right hand, standing up with grace and aura of cheerfulness, was her old friend changmin. He really grew taller ever since the last she saw of him. Puberty did something a lot.

“I knew its you. Its taengoo.” Changmin said in glee, when taeyeon stood up and made a bow. Changmin had known taeyeon because he just lived nearby with her at the slums. She used to play with him when they were kids, the taeyeon with big pigtails and bobbing eyes would always make him smile. He was last seen with taeyeon when they entered the drama theater together, working as part time backstage cleaners.

Now he couldn’t believe that taeyeon had grown into a wonderful woman. The brunette taeyeon he used to know had dyed her hair blonde. And without the fringe itself, made her appear more like a full time goddess.

“you’ve grown pretty!” changmin said.

aiyoo.”

“really.” Changmin said, ushering her towards the white chairs and tables situated at the back. “please.”

Taeyeon took a seat.

“how are you?” she asked, somewhat astounded. She had never found the scene so surprising, as if the thorn on just suddenly vanished. “its been years, you, here. at the hotel. What happened to the theater?”

“oh, that.” changmin placed his pool cleaner on the side. “I quit just months after you left, the theater was closing anyways. A friend of mine informed me about a secluded hotel in an island that pays a lot of money so here I am. I’ve been here for years already.”

“wow.”

“I saw you last time with sunny and wookie hyung.” Changmin said casually. “I never thought it was you because you dyed your hair. and the taengoo I really knew was a bit clumsy.”

Taeyeon playfully hit him at the hand.

“no, honest.” Changmin laughed. Then he sighed. “but I guess people do really change huh. You’re full grown and somewhat graceful. I was shy so I never approached you. And I never got to see wookie hyung again. sunny I saw once with a man in suit who loves pink, I don’t know who he is but they looked like they were together.”

That’s sungmin, taeyeon thought, as she comfortably situated her back on the chair.

“oh well.” Changmin crossed his arms. “so, tell me all about yourself. What happened after you left? You looked like you landed a good job or something.”

aigoo.” Taeyeon looked at her clothes which leeteuk bought for her that must have explained why changmin was looking at him weirdly ever since he saw her. she looked up and erased the thoughts. “I’m still the taengoo you knew. I finished college just days ago and—“

“you finished college??”

“er, yes.” Taeyeon straightened up her back. “its some form of a scholarship. I entered this good university to finish my last semester.”

“that’s good to know.” Changmin said, suddenly looking down.

Taeyeon knew that changmin never finished his college years. Just like her, he was casted down by poverty and the thing he could only do to at least alleviate the situation was to take a job and provide the needs of his siblings. But taeyeon never wanted him to feel that graduating and not graduating is different.

“experience is always the best learning.” She said, lightening up the situation. “changmin oppa, I graduated but I still don’t have a job. It will probably take me some time to take a good job.”

Lie. Leeteuk had just offered her a spot at his company that he would inherit.

“really?” changmin smiled. “so were equal then. Are you still living there?”

“ah, no.” taeyeon said. “I live somewhere in…”

If she told her about the Park Estate, changmin would continue asking questions about how on earth she landed on a place. Taeyeon shook her head again and smiled too.

“fany, kangin and I live in a rented place.” She said, describing the villa as simple as she could. “its spacious. And just a few minutes to school.”

“ah, ne. if the school is next to your home it will be easy to learn stuff.” Changmin said.

Then Taeyeon continued to tell him stories about her struggles after she stopped schooling so tiffany could continue her college course and changmin would exchange in return by telling her about his mother being sick and his father constantly struggling to get a job. If he didn’t find the hotel, he would probably be finding it difficult to alleviate his family’s situation. The conversation continued until the two finally get to fill in the gaps of their friendship.

“so.” Changmin said, once taeyeon finished her story telling about her course. “are you in a relationship?”

The way he was looking at her was intense. And taeyeon didn’t know if he was hoping that she would say no. that she was not in a relationship, and she’s obviously available.

“well, i…” taeyeon began. She didn’t know if she could divulge anything about leeteuk now. Leeteuk and some standard procedures revolving around him. Ever since he was tasked to continue the family business, mentioning him in public had been more discreet. So when taeyeon was supposed to open , changmin suddenly cut her off by noticing a pair of couple passing in front of them.

waeyo?” taeyeon started to wonder, also appreciative of diverting the attention.

“I just remembered what you said about marrying a rich guy.” Changmin smiled. “what you said at the theater. So when you marry you could just sit back at a mansion and do nothing but to watch television. Its so funny that I remember it when I saw that couple.”

He was pointing to a foreigner and a woman who looked like she just invaded a jewelry store.

“what do you mean?” taeyeon asked.

“if life is a fairytale.” Changmin extended his long legs. “situation like that would occur. Your childish dream would occur. But life is always unexpected. And people like us never even seem to reach the top. And you know what they always say when the poor marries a rich.”

Taeyeon began to notice her existence with leeteuk.

“are you saying that the wealthy will not pick people like us?”

“taeyeon.” Changmin said. “if rich guy likes you, you’re lucky. But those persons only think about money. And would they let themselves entangle with the lower classes? I don’t think so.”

“I don’t agree on that.” taeyeon’s heart leaped at the sudden moment of the likes of leeteuk thinking about money. Leeteuk is not like that. he’s different. He was concern on money once, but that was because he was not eager to waste anything.

“I’ll show you if you don’t believe me.” changmin said. he waited for someone to pass by them. And when a businessman in a suit passed by their front, changmin started to swish his pool cleaner, sending  wisps in the air, giving the man a shock.

aigoo.” Changmin began to act like he was apologetic. “mianhe. I didn’t see you.”

aish.” The man in suit muttered. “what in the world. I am supposed to go in a business meeting and suddenly I have to change. Do you know how much these pants cost? This is a European made suit tailored just for me! Even your salary in years wouldn’t match this!”

“I am really sorry sir.” changmin was standing now. His hands were gripped tightly to the pool cleaner and taeyeon didn’t know if he was suppressing himself to laugh. The obvious playful changmin.

aish, you could never pay me anyway. Good thing I still have other good suits.” The man left.

Changmin pouted and ushered his chin to the angry man. “see.” He told taeyeon. “those guys only think about getting good suits, being on top and having a good business they could just expand everywhere. We are a no match”

Those guys only think about business, taeyeon thought. another identity of the rich she just discovered.

-------------------------

Suite 2

Leeteuk pursed his lips when the door suddenly opened, leaving him no choice but to stand up and welcome his visitor. Standing at the door way was a tall olive skinned girl with black long hair, wearing an eye smile and a look that could have meant that she was really at awe to see him.

Leeteuk could also see the two body guards sent out by his father.

annyeong, I’m Yuri.” She said. “you must be mister park jungsu?”

Leeteuk did a slight bow and nodded. “park jungsu. please take a seat.”

Yuri took a seat at the futon and the door immediately closed much to leeteuk’s eternal dismay.

“wow, mister park was really right, this place is wonderful.” She mused, looking at her surroundings. The place was really decorated to match the island- futons fused with rattan, faux fur white carpets, global chandeliers. Yuri looked at leeteuk and smiled. she didn’t know that meeting someone with this huge interest could be that nerve wrecking.

“i—I am sorry its my second time in korea, I’ve been in Egypt for a long time. my family has a business there.”

Leeteuk immersed himself to the details by nodding at her again.

“I didn’t know that you look more handsome in person.” Yuri’s eyes twinkled upon seeing a man in cream polo and black slacks. Leeteuk had opted to change when he had no choice but to obey his father’s wish. He couldn’t go out with taeyeon anyway. Maybe he would just have to compromise later.

Leeteuk cleared his throat in hopes to change the awkward setting suddenly gracing the environment.

“can I ask you something?” he queried, being polite.

“please anything.”

Leeteuk crossed his arms. “do you like me?”

Yuri didn’t know whether to cough or to snort at the sudden action. “w-well.” She said, intertwining her hands. “yes, I do. well, this is really quick… are you thinking of cou—“

“I’m already taken.” Leeteuk cut her off. “I am sorry.”

“oh.”

“but if you have something to discuss with me about global expansion.” He said, in favor of good hopes. “we could have a deal with our business ties.”

_________________

Taeyeon’s POV

“that was changmin, sunny could you believe it?” I said when I finally reached the topmost floor of the hotel. “our childhood friend changmin. Yes, he’s a staff of this hotel, in um… maintenance area. Anyways, he said he’s having a performance later at the bar on the ground floor.”

“bar on the ground floor?”

I craned my neck as I took the key card off my pocket when I noticed two bulky guards standing on the doorway. “sunny ah, I’ll talk to you later.”

“excuse me?” I asked, reaching the door for suite 2. I know I shouldn’t be asking, these guys are definitely Park Kyuwon’s men, seeing them evidently by their suits. But them, standing in an island like this, looked like something was going on.

“hello miss taeyeon.” Said the guard on the left. “standard operations procedures.”

I nodded and took my key card. “too much for someone inheriting a big business huh?” I said, opening the door.  I don’t know what leeteuk is doing right now. Maybe I should take a look and see if he had already taken his medicine.

I was still disappointed with his father but I guess I shouldn’t be dragging him into this too. this green eyed monster personality is really way out of control.

“teuk, I need to tell you somet---“ I stopped when I saw leeteuk sitting  cross legged on the futon, talking to a lady with awfully long figure. Dark skinned, not typical, with her hair flowing in natural curls, almost looking like a Mediterranean model lost in a Korean island.

This must be Yuri.

“we should make a contract. If you want to expand your business outside asia, you should be living at least a month on Egypt.” Yuri said when I hid myself partly next to the door, afraid that they will see me. I don’t know why I felt suddenly in the position to hide.

“a month on Egypt.” Leeteuk repeated. I nodded, digesting the details. Wait, a month in Egypt?? Leeteuk has to live in egypt??

I presented myself, enough for leeteuk to see me, although the woman cant, because she was seated opposite him.

Leeteuk inclined his head and told me to come over but I just crossed my arms.

“continue.” I mouth, edging him to converse. He did a slight chuckle and cleared his throat.

“you were saying?” he asked, now turning to Yuri.

oppa, we will be good business partners, like what your father told you.” Yuri said. “I kind of agree to what you’ve said about good business ties.”

Good business ties. What business ties? Leeteuk mentioned about business ties? I don’t know how long they have been conversing but it seemed like they were definitely having the best time of their lives.

I continued hiding myself partly behind the door until my physiological body cannot hold it anymore (I need to pee) and decided to just stay in my room until Yuri departed.

“a month in Egypt?” I repeated at leeteuk when he closed the door upon Yuri’s exit. Though I wouldn’t want to believe it, the two just made a deal out of business expansion.

“it’s a process, it should be like that everytime there is a new opportunity.” He replied, squeezing my hand.

“so what’s this, you’re leaving me again?”

“leaving you?” leeteuk placed my hand on to my side and sighed. “I’m not leaving you, its just I have to go there so I could see if there’s a really good opportunity.”

“I don’t understand. You have a big corporation. Why don’t let others do the job?” I asked, when we situated ourselves towards the kitchen. My stomach growled upon seeing the left over breakfast food that lay untouched after Mister Park visited the suite. “ I mean, come on, she just wants you there so she could spend time with you.”

“what?taeng?” leeteuk looked at me as if I was kidding. Then he told me more explanations about his father’s way of observing places himself and others. This eternal lecture should stop now.

“then you are really staying there for a month?” I asked, with a sad look on my face.

Leeteuk nodded.

“I don’t know if it’s a month, I am not really sure.” He said, feeling apologetic. “business could be tricky. There are a lot of papers to sign with.”

“looks like in the near future I will seldom see you.” I said.

“taeng.”

“its just weird….”

“I want to see you often.” He said. “really, I want to spend so much time with you. Its just that, I have to do my duties too because I have to succeed my father. no one’s going to take over except me.”

“like we’re never meant to be together.” I said.

“what?taeyeon?”

I crossed my arms, trying not to force a tear out. “lets weigh these things together, teuk.” I said. “you’re wealthy, you have everything. And me, I almost have nothing. We’re worlds apart.”

“don’t say that.”

“isn’t it true?” I pounded my fist lightly on the table. “park jungsu is asia’s most wealthiest man. And to have kim taeyeon as a girlfriend? Even hearing a story about a rich kid being in a relationship with someone living in slums appeared like a modern adaptation of cinderella.”

“taeng.”

“I used to ignore this facts before.” I said. “but after waking up from a reality. Oh my gosh, I just realized how much we’re totally different.”

“but I’m not different from you.” Leeteuk reasoned out. “I don’t see any difference.”

“teuk, I thank you for what you are thinking but in the eyes of many people surrounding us, you are still higher above.” I said.

Leeteuk heave out a deep breath and slumped himself on the stool.

“please let’s not have this kind of conversation again,  okay?” he looked at me. I shook my head, emphasizing him about the real world. “taeyeon, stop making that face in front of me, you’re just making things appear as if you cannot reach me.”

“well, isn’t it true?” I asked, as a drop of tear emerged from my right eye. and before leeteuk could make any comment about my sudden gesture, I locked myself inside my room.

--------------------------------

hallyu bar, star hotel.

Taeyeon’s POV

 I stopped talking to leeteuk for the rest of the afternoon and walked out quietly out of the suite to meet changmin.

He told me about the hotel staff singing at the bar during night and I have no choice but to go because I wouldn’t want to be stuck at leeteuk’s world thinking about how far we are in terms of money.

I wasn’t really thinking about that until changmin absentmindedly told me about social stratification and I indeed realized that leeteuk and I are somehow far with each other.

Not that I want to think about it. he was really living every man’s dream—a successful career, good health, money, looks. Except for his heart condition, he is an epitome of a real man.

I shook my head and took a seat five seats away from the stage where changmin was, fixing the microphone. Is he going to sing?

“changmin.” I said, making a wave. Changmin smiled and raised his hand to wave too. then he began to sing with his exceptional voice that filled the entire atmosphere.

“so how was it?” changmin asked after the performance.

“are you kidding me, you are so good!” I said. he had really improved ever since we have last seen each other.

“aw, it was just okay.” He said.

I was about to say how much he has improved when I suddenly diverted my attention to two figures outside the bar going to the other direction heading towards the parking area and I knew for once what am I seeing. I would never really doubt my instincts.

“taeyeon!” changmin called after me. Too late, I was already going outside.

I don’t know why my feet suddenly made a brisk walk to follow the two figures that caught my attention. I know I could never mistake them for someone else. Especially that tall guy who’s every inch of him I think I’ve memorized.

“stop!” I said.

Leeteuk and yuri both turned around with the latter appearing really surprised and taken aback at the same time.

“is this what you’re doing to me, following your father’s wish?” I blurted  at leeteuk who looked like he was not even surprised at all. He was just standing in front of me, wearing his usual poker face, though I could see a little of his eyebrows forming a frown.

“what are you talking about.” Leeteuk said. he wasn’t quizzical when he said it, he seemed more like an innocent child being queried over by his mom.

I gritted my teeth and moved forward, a little bit ashamed when Yuri’s towering figure really appeared visible.

“taeyeon! ” Changmin said. I turned to my left and saw my childhood friend approaching our area, panting like a maniac. Aigoo, this guy followed me.

Leeteuk stared at me with a look that tells me that I have a lot of explanation to do.

aigoo taeyeon.” Changmin laughed. “I told you to stop day dreaming.  You really seem to like following rich people do you?”

“I’m not day dreaming, he’s my boyfriend!” I said, my voice almost squeaking. There. I couldn’t really hide leeteuk’s identity anymore, and the real relationship between us. the statement really surprised changmin that he almost dropped the can he was holding. I didn’t notice that he was holding a drink.

aiyoo, are you saying.” He said, pointing at me, then at leeteuk. “are you saying you two are…”

“don’t you see, why am I following him if I am not?” I blurted, my voice almost raising. I looked at leeteuk and put my hands on my hips. “yah, if you’re going to cheat on me, stop going to where I can see you.”

“cheating?” yuri stared at leeteuk. If this girl could only shut .

Leeteuk raised a hand In front of yuri. “please.” He said, motioning her to stop. Leeteuk looked at me again. “can you just repeat what you said, miss?”

“I said stop cheating to where I can see you!” I said. doesn’t it look obvious, going out in the middle of the night? Good thing I was able to go out or I wouldn’t even witness something like this.

Leeteuk heave out a deep breath and made a sarcastic laugh.

“I am just accompanying her.” he said.

“accompany in this time of night?”

And then my mouth shut, when another figure emerged out of somewhere from the bar area.

“yesung, nice to see you.” Leeteuk said to the man wearing a white cap and a crazy blue suit. “this is yuri.”

What’s happening.

“so this is the yesung you’re talking about.” Yuri smiled, shaking hands with him. I didn’t know what to do next. This is supposed to be?

“yes, this is the yesung I was talking to you about of meeting.” Leeteuk emphasized the word meeting and I could feel my cheeks blushing in embarrassment. “yesung here knows some of the good places to visit during the night. Can you accompany her?”

“certainly.” Yesung said in awe.

And before I could anymore react, the two of them left leaving me with leeteuk and changmin.

I stood where I stood, motionless and at loss for words at the first time.

“so…” leeteuk crossed his arms and turned his direction towards me again. “you have a date?”

Huh, what…

 “n-no, its not a date.” I said, realizing that I was almost leaning to changmin. I spaced out, moving inches away. aigoo, I don’t know why I suddenly had the feeling that I did something wrong. Even changmin looked a bit of embarrassed and made sure that he distanced himself by at least a meter.

“if its not a date then why are you seeing him without telling me?” leeteuk asked.

“i… I went out to watch him!” I said, trying to hide my stammering. I somehow felt unease of my words, and the scenario now looked like it was completely reversed.

Leeteuk just stared at us for a couple of minutes and nodded. “okay.”

yah, where are you going?” I asked, when I noticed that he was about to leave.

“back to the suite.” leeteuk said. “I just accompanied ms. yuri to meet yesung. I don’t think I have business anymore outside right?”

“teuk.” I said.

That’s it, I’m completely at fault for this.

“make sure you have the key card so you can enter.” Was all he said. then he left.

Changmin continued to stare at leeteuk’s figure being engulfed by the shadows and turned back towards me with a hint of amazement in the eyes.

“woah.” He said. “isn’t that park jungsu? and taengoo, you didn’t tell me that you’re somewhat related to the parks!”

“I really don’t have enough time to explain.” I said, contemplating on my actions. Aigoo, leeteuk. I’ve did something I shouldn’t have done.

“you really have to explain a lot on him.” Changmin said, reading my thoughts. “what you did there is really disappointing.”

-------------------

Suite 2, Star Hotel

Taeyeon closed the door behind her and heaved out a deep breath.

It was already past eleven in the evening since she had returned from watching Changmin’s show, almost an hour since she had assumed that leeteuk had been cheating her with another woman. She knew that it was her fault. Leeteuk just wanted the girl to meet another of his business colleagues. How could she thought of that way? What was her problem? Even taeyeon didn’t know herself now. Something deep inside of her, was a real green eyed monster she thought would never come out of her existence.

And now she was really sorry for being such a kid infront of him.

Taeyeon closed the fridge before heading to the receiving area of the suite where leeteuk was, watching a television with his feet entirely on the futon. She wasn’t able to talk to him after their quarrel, and she could feel such shame and embarrassment.

But she must face her consequences and apologize.

Taeyeon sat at the edge of the futon and stared at leeteuk with a look that she was in need of attention.

“show’s over?” leeteuk began to speak, not taking his eyes off the television. Taeyeon nodded and placed her hands on her lap, trying to be casual and proper at the same time. she was a bit surprised that he had the urge to talk. After what she just did to him?

“teuk.” Taeyeon spoke. She’s at complete loss for words. She didn’t know where to start. Should she talk about how she felt so embarrassed on the whole situation. That she thought over of what she just said to him about them living in a total opposite world? Taeyeon bit her lip, at loss of what to say.

“you should take a rest, you’re tired.” leeteuk said. taeyeon nodded. Yes she was tired. tired of all these things happening between them. She really wanted to say how much she was at fault for all.

 

Taeyeon bit her lip and decisively positioned herself above a sitting leeteuk, her pair of legs caging his thighs and her hands circling on his neck. the gesture didn’t surprise leeteuk a single bit, causing taeyeon to think that he was displaying his infamous poker face again.

“teuk.” Taeyeon pouted. “I’m sorry.”

She was really sorry for mistakening him.

“its okay.” Leeteuk said, still not taking his eyes off the television.

Taeyeon began to kiss him on the cheek.

“hey.”

“I’m really sorry.” Taeyeon said. “sorry for being such a green eyed monster. I was wrong for not trusting you. I should have never thought of such things at the first place.”

“teuk?” taeyeon looked at her beau but leeteuk was really acting on his part that she had no choice but to capture his attention by kissing him on the lips.

Leeteuk looked at her.

“taeng..”

“please forgive me!” taeyeon sniffed. She started pecking on his cheeks, filling him with a hundred kisses that will make him think that she was really apologizing to him. Taeyeon really didn’t know if the trick would work.

But leeteuk just sat there, looking at her.

“teuk.” Taeyeon looked at him too. “omona, this kind of magic does not work, huh? Teuk, sorry. Please.”

“wah…” taeyeon rubbed her cheeks in frustration. She didn’t know that leeteuk would really take the incident too much. Was he just testing her? she hopes so. “teuk, I know I was wrong, and I am so much embarrassed of what I did. I will not do it again, I should have been asking you first.”

Taeyeon kissed leeteuk again on the lips until his hands placed themselves on her waist, gently pushing her off.

“teuk?”

“why are you being seductive?” leeteuk asked.

“so you’re seduced?” taeyeon trailed off, then she cupped from saying such words. “I mean, no, I really just want to say that I’m sorry. I don’t know how to put it nicely, I just want to express how I feel, how I’m really sorry with the situation. If only I could turn back the time, I wouldn’t come running after you and accusing of you of something.”

Leeteuk bit his lip and stared at her piercingly in the eyes. out of the moment, he started laughing.

wae, waeyo?” taeyeon scratched her head. Leeteuk held onto his stomach to restrain himself.

“I’m sorry.” He said. “I just couldn’t help it.”

“then are you forgiving me?”

“after what you did?”

“teuk!”

Leeteuk placed his hands on top of her shoulders. “fine.” He said, heaving out a sigh. “I forgive you. And please don’t do that next time. because honestly you’re still thinking that I would replace you? After what I did, almost cheating my death so I could be with you?”

“I know, I know.” Taeyeon said, thinking of her actions. “I love you, so much. I just don’t know what’ll I do if you suddenly see someone’s better than me.”

“no one’s better than you.” Leeteuk said. “you just have to instill that to that little cute mind of yours.”

Taeyeon nodded and gave him a long embrace.

“missed you already.” He whispered to his smiling girl. taeyeon was so glad that she was able to patch up things with leeteuk after what she just did. She wouldn’t want to do it again. never in her mind will she instill about not trusting her boyfriend. After all of what he just did to be with her. dating back a year ago, he battled his heart disease so he could live. now it was all clear to her that not all people can be stereotypes.

 

then an idea popped into her mind.

“where are you going?” leeteuk asked, when she hopped off him, heading towards the kitchen.

“just a minute.”

And she came back carrying with a glass of water. leeteuk looked at her in a puzzled way but she just smiled.  Purposely, with a hidden agenda, she spilled the contents to leeteuk’s polo.

“ow, ow, cold.” he whispered, pulling the wet shirt away from his chest.

yah.” Taeyeon said. “aren’t you supposed to get mad at me?”

Leeteuk wiped the excess water with a towel taeyeon just handed. “what are you talking about?”

“how much does that shirt cost, that’s expensive right? That must cost something, all your shirts have good names on it.”

“well. Yes.”

Taeyeon’s jaw slightly dropped.

“dearest.” Leeteuk looked at her. “what’s wrong?”

“you’re not mad at me?”

“these are just material things, why will I get mad at you, I’m not a kindergarten student.” Leeteuk laughed, patting his shirt dry. Taeyeon quickly threw her arms on his neck for embrace. “are you… are you sure you’re okay?”

“never been better.” Taeyeon beamed. Changmin, you’re wrong, she thought. Leeteuk is not one of them after all.

--------------------------

the poster on the main image is made by @tenmachan :) (THANK YOU!!) such a nice poster. this is the taeteuk i am imagining in my story :)