2/3

A Mistake to Begin With
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2011

It was late in the night when Myungsoo dropped off Sungyeol at his house. They did try to come earlier than that, but due to traffic and as well as slippery roads, Myungsoo couldn't drive faster. 

Sungyeol was afraid to return back and face his mom and dad. What would he tell them? Why was he late? 

"Babe, don't worry just tell them that you went to a library or somethin'. Stop working yourself into a panic mode."

Sungyeol gives a meek nod and then leans over to drop a kiss on his boyfriend's cheeks to bid him goonight. Myungsoo's bright smile as a reply makes him smile too. He feels lucky to have this beautiful man as his boyfriend who in few years would also become his husband; he's sure of it.

"Good night sweet" Myungsoo ruffles Sungyeol's hair and waits until Sungyeol crosses the fancy entryway which only opened with a pass code.

Sungyeol turns around to throw a last glance at his boyfriend who waves at him with his dimpled smile aimed at Sungyeol.  

Sungyeol clutches his bag tightly and heaves a deep sigh; with a prepared mind to face his parents wrath, he walks to his home. As he walks into the living room, he sees the dark look in his father's face which scares him to the bone.

"D-dad" he stammers "I--I was i-in"

"In a bike fair" Mr Lee looks at Sungyeol with cold eyes; ignoring the little gasp leaving his boy's mouth, he walks to him and towers over him "that too with a ing mechanic?" he spits the last word in disgust.

Sungyeol is scared to his bones, a deep sining feeling in his stomach making it ache "I--I'm sor-sorry dad" he struggles to get the words out of his mouth.

"Last warning. I will pretend that this day didn't existed but if I happen to see with that dirt again, you are going to transfer to Japan."

 The prospect of never seeing Myungsoo makes Sungyeol's eyes sting with tears, he lowers his head to hide the threatning tears from his father and nods.

__________

2017

Myungsoo is seated few tables away from Sungyeol, the small distance separating them feeling like a vast ocean. He has to control himself from flipping off the table as he watches Sungyeol's husband wipe off something from the corner's of Sungyeol's lips.

The hollow feeling which has been their in his chest since he left the younger seems to deepen more, the invisible pain almost palpable and making his chest ache.

He feels sick from inside as a thought of how it could have been him sitting beside Sungyeol instead of that man runs though his mind. He finds it hard to avert his gaze as Sungyeol's eyes locks with his and recognizes his presence. 

Even from such a distance he can see Sungyeol's eyes hardening bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter