1/3

A Mistake to Begin With
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2017

"Give me a chance to explain."

Myungsoo's eyes rake over Sungyeol's eyes then lower to his nose and finally settle on his lips. Even after so many years, he still can't forget the feel of those soft pair against his own chapped ones.

Sungyeol watches as Myungsoo's eyes flicker lower to his neck and back to his lips again "Give me a chance Yeol" he pleads. Sungyeol is still processing whether all of this is real or his mind is just playing another trick on him.

When he hears the other's breathing turn harsh, only then he feels the realness of the situation. He knows that their proximity is having the same effect on the other as it is having on him but he doesn't want to give in to the other.

Not after what he had done to him.

The scene replays in his mind and finding a little strength, he takes hold of Myungsoo's collar and pushes him away from him and watches the other stumble away from him " you" he whispers harshly and clearing his hoarse voice he shouts this time " YOU!"

He strides to Myungsoo and takes hold of his collar "Myungsoo is dead for me, do you hear me?" he shakes the other by his collar "He is ing dead!" his voice breaks and tears cascade down his cheeks as the reality of the situation finally crashes over him. 

It really is Myungsoo. 

It isn't his brain ing with him; it really is Myungsoo. Myungsoo isn't dead, he is alive, he is fine and the knowledge of it makes his mind swoon, makes him want to kiss the man and hit him all the same.

"Must've been so much---so much fun for you---to with a 16 year old teen" he mock chuckles with irregular pants as he tries to bring his tears under control "But you know what? I am not the 16 year ol' teen anymore" he says bitterly and feels himself getting angrier with every word that leaves his mouth.

"Yeol" Myungsoo says in a small voice. 

"You've lost the right to call me that long back, Mister" Sungyeol says with a calm voice as he releases Myungsoo's collar. He won't give Myungsoo a chance to see how much his absence had affected Sungyeol; no, he won't give that man this kind of pleasure. 

"Choi Sungyeol" he says wiping away his tears "Its Choi Sungyeol to you" he sniffes and takes a step back from the other, ignoring the hurt look of the other. There was a time when he would've traded anything to wipe away that look from the other man's face, but time has changed and so has Sungyeol. 

"Yes sir" Myungsoo nods, lowering his head.

"The Kim Myungsoo I know is dead long back so I don't know who you are. Please stay away."

Myungsoo once again gives a nod and a small tear manages to trickle down his chin which Sungyeol notices, but doesn't have the heart to wipe away. 

***

2011

"Trust me babe, you will like this fair" Myungsoo promises as he lets the little teen settle  behind him on the bike.  

"You told me the same about the last fair and the fair before that too, Soo," Sungyeol pouts as he puts on the helmet given by his boyfriend "The fairs you take me to, are all about bikes and when you see the models you just start chanting to me about its mechanics, blah, blah, blah and even when I get bored, I can't find my heart to stop you."

Myungsoo laughs "I promise baby, this fair will be worth your time."

"It should be!" Sungyeol says tucking his chin on his boyfriend's shoulder "I don't usually play hooky you know" Sungyeol says.

Sungyeol was a brilliant student in school and usually came in the first three ranks in his class . His reputation among the teachers was also good and his attendance was on point. It was his first time bunking school but he has a good reason to do so.

Myungsoo asked him to. Myungsoo never asks him anything and this was the first ever time that he requested Sungyeol to tag along with him to the fair that was far away from the city. His parents think that he in school and he should feel guilty to fool them, but he doesn't. Instead he feels excited; maybe Myungsoo really is having a impact on his life.

Myungsoo twists around, lifts up the visor of Sungyeol's helmet and bops his nose "Yea yea you nagging little " he says with a smile and then slides his tattoed left arm around Sungyeol's waist "But if you don't like it, we always have the option to return to my garage and have some adult fun right?" he says with a teasing voice.

"Oh my god, shut up you !" Sungyeol's ear burn when he remembers the last time he and Myungsoo shared some adult fun time together. Myungsoo just laughs and turns around to kick start his Ducati panigale. Sungyeol tightly clutches his boyfriend's mid portion as the other's skims them in the direction of their destination.

When they reach their destination, Myungsoo excitedly pulls his boy inside and Sungyeol just chuckles at his boyfriend's antics. Sungyeol observes that there is great rush with alot of buff and tattoed people, just like his boyfriend, standing in a queue to enter the fair and he wonders what's so great about this fair.

"Here we are" Myungsoo says with a ear splitting grin when they finally enter the place after standing in the queue for 10 minutes. Sungyeol makes sure to clutch his boyfriend's arm tightly so that the buff people don't come close to him. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter