1/1

Unforgiven

 

Hakyeon didn't know from when all of this started happening,  he didn't know when they reached this point where they had no time for eachother, taekwoon ignored him in every possible way, hakyeon tried to cease the distance by sending messages,  but every time he send a message to taekwoon telling him that he wanted to spend some time with him,  the latter replied with saying that he was busy composing songs and had no time to go out with hakyeon, it was hard for hakyeon,  he wasn't able to meet his own husband, the latter barely was home, first it started with taekwoon coming home late,  it kept happening for two weeks and now there were days in which taekwoon didn't even come back home,. 

 

Maybe it was becuase of their fight weeks ago, where taekwoon yelled at hakyeon for nagging at him so much, that time hakyeon was doing house chores and when he found taekwoon's socks under their bed,  he went to taekwoon to scold him for not being tidy,  but he was met with an extra angry taekwoon,  who yelled at him saying that he was too tiring to live with, hakyeon didn't answer his husband, even though those words broke his heart so much. He guessed taekwoon was having a hard day at work and he didn't really mean what he said, he was right though,  since the next day when they were eating breakfast in an uncomfortable silence,  taekwoon broke that silence by voicing his apology telling his spounse that he was sorry for yelling and he didn't mean it, hakyeon accepted his apologize with a sweet smile, and hakyeon assumed everything finished there, but now that he tought about it,  it wasn't finished,  taekwoon changed completely since that day, maybe taekwoon was still angry at hakyeon but he wasn't the one at fault so why would he be angry? Maybe that fight wasn't the reason, hakyeon wasn't sure.

 

 At first hakyeon tried to decrease the distance taekwoon was putting between them by making delicious meals, sweet talking to him,  or anything that could show his love for taekwoon,  but everytime he tried, he got no response in return, once he tried to apear y by wearing clothes that exposed his skin the most, he was hoping that he could make taekwoon and once they tried a sweet love making session,  their problem would be solved,  but he fell sleep on the sofa, while waiting for taekwoon and next morning when he woke up there was no taekwoon, hakyeon thought the latter didn't come back that night,  but the blanket covering him proved he was wrong, since he didn't remember covering himself last night so that must be taekwoon who put it on him, the making-taekwoon- plan failed,  just like hakyeon's other plans.

 

But these days hakyeon stopped trying to get close to taekwoon,  too many ignorance from taekwoon made him stop trying, talking face to face with taekwoon was an option too, but hakyeon didn't have enough courage to do that, there was one special reponse that he was too scared of hearing, what if taekwoon said he was tired of him? Hakyeon was too afraid of losing taekwoon that he didn't even try asking taekwoon why he ignored hakyeon,  at least hakyeon could see taekwoon once or twice a week, but if taekwoon tells he's tired of hakyeon,  the latter could never see his husband, and that was too scary for hakyeon,  losing taekwoon was hakyeon's biggest fear.

 

So they kept living togheter like roommates, nether of them complained, hakyeon woke up at 7 every day, showered, ate breakfast and went to work after that, he came back home at 1 every day and the rest of day he was free, he busied himself by doing the house chores,  reading books, buying groceries, it was their routine,  if hakyeon was lucky he could meet taekwoon at night when the latter came back home, even though there was no talking,  hakyeon was glad, just seeing taekwoon's face was enough for hakyeon. 

 

 

______________

 

 

It was hard for hakyeon,  but it wasn't easy for taekwoon ether,  taekwoon was lost, too lost in his own feelings that he didn't even know what he wanted,  he didn't know what he was doing nor what was his actions results, he simply was lost. 

 

Taekwoon used to love hakyeon so much, from the moment he saw the latter's bright smiling face, he fell too hard for him, that he was sure his feelings would never ever change, but here he was.

 

Taekwoon doubted his choices, his choices about marrying hakyeon,  about hakyeon being the only one for him, it wasn't like he hated hakyeon,  or he didn't love him anymore,  no,  he did loved hakyeon,  but he wasn't sure that he wanted hakyeon as his husband or not, when he proposed hakyeon,  he thought that his heart was all for hakyeon,  he was sure that if he could rip his heart out of his ribcage,  he could see the name hakyeon,  written on it, but now he doubted it, he wanted the time to go back so that he could spend more time thinking, before marrying hakyeon,  but he knew it was impossible,  hakyeon was already his husband.

 

Every time taekwoon came back home,  he was nervous as hell, he didn't want to see hakyeon,  cause he was scared that hakyeon would ask him about his actions recently, then he had no answer, so he tried to come back as late as possible,  he mostly spent his time at his workplace composing with ravi, one of his coworkers, but most of the time he was alone, since, ravi went earlier than him, whenever ravi stayed there overworking, his husband,  ken, would call him asking why he was late and that he missed him, taekwoon was jealous of their relationship,  he wished hakyeon nagged less,  so they could be happier, just like ken and ravi. 

 

_________

 

Hakyeon was waiting for his name to called, so that he could get the result of his tests and go meet the doctor, he's been feeling down recently,  he was tired all of time, and he kept throwing up most of the meals he ate, so he decided visiting doctor wasn't a bad idea.

Finally his name was called and he stood up and entered the room, doctor was a young women in her thirtys and greeted him warmly, hakyeon gave the papers to him and waited till she checked them.

" congratulations,  cha hakyeonshi, you're two months pregnant "  doctor said after finishing looking at the papers.

Hakyeon's eyes were wide and his jaw dropped when he heard the supposed-to-be-good news, his mind was blank and he couldn't think of anything right now, he was too shocked, the doctor realizeed his mood soon.

"you weren't planning on having a baby?" 

"oh no, I wasn't planning on it, but it's fine now that I'm pregnant,  thanks anyway" 

Hakyeon immediately stood up and left after bowing at her.

 

The news of hakyeon's pregnancy was too shocking and hakyeon didn't know how to feel about it, of course he was happy for having a baby, but he wasn't sure if taekwoon felt the same or not, he was scared if he didn't wanted a baby from him.

Hakyeon kept thinking about it for two days till he finally decided to share the news with taekwoon,  the latter always had a soft spot for cute babies and fluffy animals, so hakyeon assumed it would make taekwoon happy hearing that they were going to have a baby, he even thought about taekwoon coming back to him and their relationship going back to its past,  but it was too good to happen, so hakyeon stayed satisfied with just taekwoon accepting the baby.

 

________

 

It was evening when taekwoon got a call from hakyeon,  finally it was happening,  hakyeon was going to ask.

"hello?"

"oh, hi taekwoon ah, I was wondering if you can come home earlier for dinner"

"but, I have work to do"

"ok, come back when you're done"

The call ended there,  and both of them sighed in relief when it was cut.

 

That night, hakyeon was going to tell taekwoon about his pregnancy,  so tried his best to make the foods as delicious as possible,  he was a bit sad when taekwoon told him he had work, but he had promised himself not to give up, so he went to buy groceries and started making dinner at 7,  he knew taekwoon would be home late.

 

In the same time,  taekwoon wanted to go home as late as possible so he kept trying to busy himself with work but he was too distracted to do so, so he decided to go to one of bars to drink and get rid of that uneasy feeling.

While hakyeon was waiting for taekwoon,  the latter was drinking and sending away the girls and boys who kept approaching him, he wasn't even dancing, why there was so much people attracted to him? One of them even tried to kiss him, thanks gods that taekwoon was fast enough to shove her away before it got too serious. 

 

It was past midnight when taekwoon came back home, hakyeon was tired and sad,  he told taekwoon that he wanted to talk to him,  but why did he come back this late? Hakyeon wasn't going to give up anyways,  so he invited taekwoon to come and eat but the latter told him he'd eaten already, so they went to talk in the living room, hakyeon sat on the couch while taekwoon was removing his coat.

"so...taekwoon ah, I had some new--"  hakyeon was cut off by the scene infront of him, taekwoon was done removing his coat and hakyeon could see the red lipstick mark on his shirt, hakyeon bit his lips to keep tears from falling down his eyes.

When taekwoon looked down to see where hakyeon was staring,  his eyes went wide at the scene,  it was a red mark from the forced kiss he had earlier.

"nonono hakyeon ah, this's not what you think--"

"stop it taekwoon,  there is no need to give me excuses anymore, I know now, but you know there was no need for all of this you could have told me that you were tired of me, it's not like I was going to stick to you and not leave you alone"

"no hakyeon,  I'm not tired of you, its not like that"

"then answer this taekwoon,  when was the last time you kissed me?"   hakyeon yelled and wiped his tears away with his hand harshly afterword. 

"see, you don't even remember it, so stop giving me excuses" 

Hakyeon left the apartment after that, taekwoon wanted to stop him,  his heart yelled at him to stop hakyeon from leaving but he knew he couldn't,  so he watched him leaving.

 

Hakyeon's family were living in changwoon,  so he had nowhere to go unless his work place, he owed the place himself, so it was ok for him to go there. 

 

He wanted to dance, dancing was the only way to get rid of this sad,  heartbreaking situation,  but he couldn't,  it was dangerous for the baby, so he sat on the floor crying all with himself. 

But a few minutes later he felt a sharp wave of pain running through his stomach,  he let out a yelp of pain but there was no one to hear him, he wasn't recovered from the last one when the second wave  started, he fell to the floor clunching to himself,  the pain was unbearable and he could feel the blood running down his thighs, after enduring the pain for what seemed to be years hakyeon saw his vision going blank, he was losing his baby, he wanted to save it, but he was completely helpless.

 

______

 

 

Taekwoon groaned and opened his eyes when he heard his phone,  he fell sleep on the sofa last night after hakyeon left, he grabbed the phone and answered it.

"taekwoon shi, I'm calling from the hospital,  this is cha hakyeon's phone, he's in the hospital right now, and we assumed you're the one who should sign the papers since you're his husband"

"ok, I'm coming,  just tell me the address"  

Taekwoon immediately left the apartment without even grabbing his jacket, he was so scared,  what if something bad happened to hakyeon?  What if he got in a carcrash and his life was in danger now? It was all taekwoon's fault, he didn't even know he was crying,  the only thing he knew was making sure that hakyeon was alright.

 

When he arrived,  he asked the room and rushed to it, but the doctor stopped him.

"you're cha hakyeon's husband?" 

"yes, what happened to him doctor? Please tell me he's alright"

"yes, sir, he's alright now, but he's too weak since he had a miscarriage,  he was unconscious the whole night, and had lost lots of blood"

Taekwoon felt a sharp sadness in his heart, he was sure his heart was broken into peaces, his baby was gone and it was all his fault, he fell to the ground crying hard.

 

When taekwoon finally got a hold of himself and entered hakyeon's room, he felt another wave of sadness in his heart, hakyeon was lying on hospital bed, an iv attached to his arms, he looked extremely paler than normal, and dryed tears were visible on his cheeks, taekwoon felt extremely sorry.

"how are you feeling hakyeon ah?"

Hakyeon tilted his head and looked at taekwoon,  there was no life in them. 

"it's none of your business,  leave"

"I'm sorry hakyeon ah, please forgive me"

Hakyeon kept silent,  and taekwoon knew what he did was unforgivable. 

"you should have told me hakyeon ah, we wouldn't reach where we are now, if I knew you were pregnant" 

"no, taekwoon that's not our problem,  our relationship's reached its end, there is no we anymore"   hakyeon said.