Drip-drop. The rain won't stop

When It Rains...

 

And it was raining. Not just your usual “it’ll go away in a few minutes” kind of rain. It was those rare moments that it was raining cats and dogs that the whole city is lucky that it hasn’t even flooded yet. The skies were looking gloomy and dim, the wind almost sounding like the cracking of a whip with its every blow against the cold concrete buildings of Seoul.

 

No one expected it to rain hard like this, no one, specially not a long haired, (slightly) redhead Nana.

She raced towards the rain without any umbrellas or anything to shield her from the rain, making her soaked beyond all belief.

 

The minute she reached the porch of her house, the expected was bound to happen.

She sneezed. She shrugged it off, but then sneezed a second time, making her pause for a while and blink at her situation. She was gonna get sick. Realizing this, she hurriedly ran through her house, wet clothes and all, making drops of water fall on the floor with her every movement.

 

With her clothes immediately thrown off the minute she reached the shower, scalding water washed through her body as she replaced the cold from her body with the newly found warmth. She stepped out of the shower minutes later and dried herself as she marvelled at the wet tracks she made a while ago and shook her head in mild exasperation.

 

Coming back wearing a black sweater and tight fit jeans she settled herself on the window pane, sitting there and contemplating about the more important things in her life. Like, when will the rain stop? Figuratively and literally.

 

She thought long and hard. Life was in fact, pretty hard, and she knew that. It’s not all sunny days and rainbows. And maybe life just isn’t worth living at all. Was she merely wasting her time on nothing? Or was she just waiting? Waiting because something special was bound to come her way? This was the question that haunted her.

 

Drip drop. She looked at the droplets of water falling down from the sky as it hit the ground, and she was suddenly struck with a thought again. If she was finally having the adrenaline rush of her life, would it suddenly halt to a stop and end with a big splat like what she saw a while ago?

 

Nana was so busy thinking that she didn’t notice the soft tap tap tapping of footsteps on the wooden floorboards as she sat still in front of the window and hugged her knees, leaning her chin on top of them.

 

“Rain, rain, go away...” she started to sing in a meek voice.

 

As soon as she sang it, she felt a pair of arms around her waist, pulling her close in a hug. And she felt everything started to brighten up and her world was surprisingly splashed with buckets and buckets of colors again.

 

“Come again another day?” The tall, tanned man behind her chuckled, his deep voice sending strange tingling sensations that made its way to her heart making it beat fast. “You know, I like rainy days... When it’s all dark and gloomy like this, it makes you think about the things you need to be appreciative and happy about.” Dongwoon paused and set his chin atop Nana’s head.

 

“Even when it rains, the sun’s always there. It always stays. It’s never gone.” Dongwoon smiled.

 

Nana turned the other way and faced him, gracing him with her rare smiles that mostly Dongwoon gets to see.

 

And Nana thinks again...

Maybe it’s not all sunshine and rainbows..

But after the rain stops...

It will be.

 

“It never rains here you know. I have my own sun right here.” She put her arms around his neck and smiled wider.

 

“Oh? Sappy, aren’t you?” Dongwoon grinned goofily and settled his hands on her waist, bumping their foreheads together as he did.

 

“Mhm. Cause now I realized...” She paused when Dongwoon cut her off.

 

“When it rains, you’re in love.” And sealed her lips with a kiss.

 

Suffice to say, after that kiss. Nana hadn’t had anything much to think about after that.