the spring girl

the painter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the beginning of everyones favourite season, it was the beginning of spring. But the popularity of spring is questionable...people either love it for the fresh air and bright colours that are brought to them after the grey winter ends. But some people are not as fond of spring, and they can have various reasons. 

Maybe it reminds them of happy times in ther lives that are already gone and they keep mourning and want them back. Or maybe spring reminds them of terrible things they want to forget.

Or they only have hay fever.

Eunbi, however, loved spring more than any season.

Her love for spring started when she was just 14 years old and was spending summer break at her grandpas place. Her grandpa has a huge collection of old books she has always adored. Ever since she was a child, she kept looking at the books and toll now she has memorized all of the titles even though she is not quite sure what they mean.

And it was not different during that summer break either. She was just looking at the books, staring to be exact and thinking about what is happening in all of the stories.

Her grandpa walked towards Eunbi and gave her a book titled " Spring waters ".

She couldnt get her eyes off the book when she started reading it, she was totally immersed in the story even though she was not really sure what it was about, but she remembered one thing.

" Their youth disappeared like the spring waters. "

That one line hit her deeply, and that was when her love for spring has started.

And the spring was not different this year either, you know that spring is in a full bloom when the sweet scent of flowers surrounds you and you become dizzy even. 

Eunbi thought it was a perfect day for making her painting for an art exhibition she was supposed to attend. The sun was shining through the crowns of sakura trees in a small park next to Han river she loved deeply.

The sakura trees were blooming and the petals were falling slowly on her hair, 5 centimeters per second, she chuckled. 

She looked around to see people sitting on benches and smiling, not minding the petals in their hair. Families with kids chasing each other, elderly pair looking at the river and talking quietly. Everyone seemed sincerely happy, and that was the ideal mood for Eunbi to paint.

When it came to painting, the atmosphere was the most important for her.

She found and empty bench close to the river and started her preparations. She took a sketchbook from her bag and a huge pack of water colours.

When she was ready, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter