Chapter 5

Daydreaming is not quite bad

Days passed. It was finally the wedding day of the two lovebirds. And atlast the Mills family were together in Korea. Sodam was just so gorgeous that Kinty couldn't even count how many times she said that her so called stupid brother doesn't deserve Sodam. The wedding ceremony went well as planned. All five SHINee members were more than handsome and y in black suits. Well.., it's a shawol's dream to see them like that, and yes.. Kinty was way too happy since that ultimate fan goal became a success.

All the time she was starring at Jinki like she's going to eat him up at any minute. She couldn't take her eyes off from the man in her dreams and he was right there just a few steps away from her, looking so handome and cute, with his eyes disappearing when he smiles and hearing that laugh was like honey pouring to her two ears in which she was certain that actually happened. And his front view, back view, his side view was all too perfect and uncomparable and-

Kinty had to pause building her dreamland one time when she saw a certain Jonghyun grinning at her. She gave a questioning look which was replied with another questioning look with an extra chuckle. Then she heard her phone vibrating.

"What is he doing to you?"

Well, well, it was that certain Jonghyun being curious with a little jealousy hidden behind that.

"Who?"

"Jinki hyung"

"I get butterflies in my stomache when I see him!!!"

"Bwahahahaah"

"What? Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing"

"Nothing what?"

"Don't look at him again"

"Oh my god. Are you kidding me??!! He's way too gorgeous. How can you possibly tell me to do that?"

"What about me? Is he more gorgeous than me?"

Kinty looked up from her phone and saw Jonghyun looking her way. She again gave a questioning look. But Jonghyun signed her to look at her phone.

"Tell me"

"You're stupid"

"I'm not"

"Yes you are"

"Don't try to change the subject. Tell me"

"I don't know"

"Don't know what?"

"I don't know. I don't know anything. So don't ask me again"

"Well then, give it some thinking"

Kinty looked at Jonghyun who was starring at his phone with a wide smile on his face. She couldn't understand whether that last message was meant to be a joke or a hint of being romantic.

The two families had arranged a dinner for the guests in a garden place. The married couple became busy chatting along with their college friends and relations. After the dinner, the music started and people gathered to the dance floor. Kinty never liked crowds or noisy music so she kept sitting on her chair a bit away from the sounds. But after some time the upbeated songs stopped playing and then came out the lovely slow ones in which Kinty loved the most. So many people left the dance floor and only a few were remaining, so it couldn't be called as crowdy any longer. Her urge to get to that place and dance with someone became huge but.. with whom will she dance?

"May I have this dance?"

A hand came in front of her in which she saw a little while later that it belonged to Jonghyun. It can't be real. It's not, right?

"Jonghyun???"

"Kinty Mills, will you dance with me?"
 
Kinty couldn't understand what's happening. She was astonished, nervous and a little bit scared cause it's not supposed to happen. Not him. And not her with him. She kept starring at his hand for a whole minute without knowing what to do or what to think of. Jonghyun couldn't take it any longer. Even if he did knew that her reaction will be like that, he didn't wanted to waste any more time standing there holding his hand to a stone, like a complete idiot.

"Will you or will you not?"

Kinty had to come to her real senses again. To the reality in which she has never even dreamt of. She wanted to take that hand, but at the same time she was afraid of the outcome. She couldn't understand why he was doing that. What she wanted to do was to run away from that unrealistic reality.

"Jonghyun, there can be reporters here and there. Don't be like this. Please"

"Haha.. no one knows about this. This is completely private. No one can enter the venue unless they have a signed invitation. So Miss Scaredy-cat, will you come with me?"

"I'm not scared Jonghyun, but.. I just can't do that"

"Just shut up and come"

He dragged her out of her seat and to the dance floor which was almost empty at that time. 

"Jonghyun please..."

She pleaded when he placed his hand on her waist and took her hand from the other.

"Do what I say.. just this once. Will you?"

He gave such a hopeful look to which Kinty couldn't deny but accept his request. She released a long long sigh and slowely placed her arm on his shoulder. 

Like that they danced to the slow music that rang inside their ears. Their feet made the perfect movements like it was an already planned dance. They were starring into each other's eyes all the time trying to find any hidden stories. It was peaceful. Everything was peaceful. They didn't saw the gazes from some guests. They didn't saw Taemin and Jinki taking photos of them or Minho giving his most precious bracelet to Kibum since he lost the bet. They were in their own worlds that were connected with the same rhythm of their heart beats. And yes.. they were happy. (Wow. I became totally addicted to this song after writing this part. Listen to it when you're done reading - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vv-BfVoq4g)

The music ended. But none of them let go of each other. Like standing statues they stood on that small place still looking through their eyes. They had to come to the real world hearing an "aww.." from a very stupid Jinki who immediately recived a loud scolding from three mad men. Kinty took her hands off of Jonghyun and realizing what kind of a situation they were in, she quickly ran away from the dance floor to a far away chair and tried her best to hide herself from others, so that no one, just no one will see her, especially her bright red face.

"What the hell did I just do...?"


Jonghyun drove Kinty home after the party was finally over. She insisted on going with her parents because she was quite certain that she won't be able to face him any soon, but Jonghyun took her (again dragged her) saying that there's something he wants to tell.

He parked the car infront of her house. All the way there none of them talked a single word. It was so awkward but no one tried to start a conversation.

"So... Good night then, Kinty"

Jonghyun said after the longest silence inside the car. Kinty was confused since Jonghyun didn't tell what he wanted to.

"But.. what did you wanted to tell me?"

"Nothing"

She gave her signature questioning look in which Jonghyun thought was cute.

"Just go inside idiot. It's past midnight now"

"Ok then.. Good night"

She was just about to pull the handle of the door when Jonghyun stopped her.

"Wait"

"Huh?"

He went out of the car and opened the back door and opened a small bag which was on the seat. He took a white scarf out of it and quickly got inside again. 

"Phew.. it's way too cold outside. Wear this"

He wrapped the scarf around her neck. It was so soft and comfy and smells good. Smells Jonghyun?

"Is this yours?"

"Nope"

"Then?"

"Nothing. Nothing. Just get out now before I throw you out"

"Yah! It was you who took me here when I didn't even asked for it"

She made her annoying face which made Jonghyun laugh lightly.

"Ok ok, Miss Kinty. Go inside now"

Once she was out Jonghyun rolled down the window.

"Thanks for tonight. And... you looked beautiful"

Was that a compliment coming out from a regular friend or a romantic love line from a lover? Kinty was confused. But somehow she smiled at his words. It made her happy and brought an invisible blush to her face. 

"Good night"

He waved to her and drove away. When his car was out of her sight, Kinty brought her hand to her chest and listened to her heart beat. It wasn't beating to the regular speed. What did he do to me? Why was he acting like that? Seriously, what kind of a day was that, huh? Kinty thought. Is this the reality you wanted?

"Ugh.. now I'm even telling his lines. What the is happening to me???!! Am I inside a dream? Wh-"

She kept on thinking while going inside. The white comfy scarf protected her from the freezing air. She didn't forget to keep it with her even when she went to sleep that night. Another gift from Jonghyun. She didn't knew what else she'll recieve. She didn't knew what else will happen during the days ahead. It was all too unreal for her usual normal life.