final.

Love Me All the Same

word count : 1564

Chanyeol was so nervous the first time he met Kyungsoo. It was an okay first meeting at least – meaning he didn’t immediately embarrass himself in front of the shorter guy (“Yes, you did Chanyeol!” ; “I only tripped! Give me a break!”)

Chanyeol thinks it was probably mid-summer when he saw the tiny guy he had been stealing glances at – talking to Sehun. Sehun! Out of all people! (“Hey! What does that mean!”).

Later, after he foolishly (and aggressively) interrogated an amused Sehun, Chanyeol found out that the tiny guy (“ How many times are you going to insult my height?” ; “Nah, I love you anyway”) was Sehun’s cousin. He also found out from the interrogation that his name was Kyungsoo. “Kyungsoo,” he had tried the name on his lips and figured he liked the sound of it (“Ew, Chanyeol”).

Chanyeol thinks it was fate that drew them together. Kyungsoo had changed his locker and ended up having the locker next to Chanyeol. 517 and 518. (“ Why would you remember that?” ; “ Shush,”).

He remembers the surprise he had when he was faced with none other than Do Kyungsoo – his crush – greeting him good morning with that gorgeous smile of his. His hair was swiped back and his grin- okay, he’s going off topic.

Okay, maybe Kyungsoo was right. Maybe he did embarrass himself. How else will he explain the burning on his cheeks when he fell on his . Like that wasn’t enough, enter Sehun, who immediately greeted them with “ Yo! Soo, it's not even noon and he already fell for you,”  and then he cackled like there’s no tomorrow (it wasn't even funny, huh. )

Sehun’s was only safe because Kyungsoo had blushed and offered his hand to Chanyeol. Not one to waste the opportunity, he was surprised that for such a small guy (“Chanyeol….”) he had strength. Chanyeol was tall and definitely not light but Kyungsoo had pulled him up like he weighed nothing at all. He internally cooed at this. Later, Sehun had introduced them formally and Chanyeol finally let go of the image of pulling Sehun’s pants down. (“ Dude, that was lame!” Sehun yelled from across the room.“ Shut up”)

 

Their first date was awkward as hell. No, Kyungsoo was amazing and he treated Chanyeol like a treasure. The problems lay on Chanyeol. He might have sweated too much and then accidentally spilt his drink on Kyungsoo. (“ That jeans was expensive, “. “ You said it was okay! “ Chanyeol protested. “ I lied,” Kyungsoo smiled like it didn’t matter at all)

Kyungsoo had reserved movie tickets for both of them. Chanyeol was so smitten because how did he know his favorite genre? It must be fate. (“ I told him that,” Sehun tonelessly says. “You little er,” Chanyeol hits him with a pillow)

It was probably Chanyeol’s fault (“ No, it was definitely your fault” ) that Kyungsoo was so uncomfortable in the movie. His strawberry juice must’ve been so sticky and wet. Chanyeol searched for his handkerchief in his pocket – his mom had him keep it with him since he first went to kindergarten. Being a clumsy giant he was (“Still is,” everyone huffs.), of course he spilt his nachos on Kyungsoo’s lap. And of course complete with the cheese sauce.

It was a disaster and Chanyeol was horrified. He had apologized over and over and even offered to buy Kyungsoo a new pants. Kyungsoo had softly declined and suggested they go home. Being a gentleman that he was – still is, Kyungsoo had walked him to his house.  Chanyeol thought dejectedly that maybe Kyungsoo wouldn’t like him afterall and definitely wouldn’t take him to another date after he had proved to be such a- such a - . He didn’t know how to define himself. However, Kyungsoo had asked for another date – at Chanyeol’s house of course. No more public dates until Chanyeol could handle his lanky giant self. Chanyeol had never said yes that fast before.

 

Kyungsoo proposed after four years  they’d been together. It was surprising and romantic – just like Kyungsoo. Chanyeol had discovered during those years that Kyungsoo loved – loves-  to spoil him with surprises and he’s definitely a romantic. Chanyeol can’t count how many times he had swooned because of something Kyungsoo had done for him.

Chanyeol came home to a dark apartment. In front of him, however, were twinkling candles forming a path to the kitchen (slash dining room). Chanyeol carefully followed the candles and found the love of his life (“You make me wanna puke,”, “ Shut up Sehun”) sitting on the small dining table.

On the table was two candles (  a candlelight dinner! Chanyeol squeals. ), a vase of with one rose – typical Kyungsoo ( he doesn’t like big bouquets and  neither does Chanyeol) and of course two plates of chicken steak and two glasses of strawberry juice – all his favorites.

 He was probably too caught up in the food to notice that Kyungsoo was wearing a suit. He supposes that he should’ve known something was up the moment he spotted the candles.

Kyungsoo stretched his lips onto the boyish smile Chanyeol had always loved. Kyungsoo was being extra that day- pulling Chanyeol’s seat for him and sitting back to his place like one of those characters in movies Chanyeol had always adored. (“hm?” Kyungsoo is smirking now)

Chanyeol’s heart was soaring when the brunet cut his steak into small pieces for him. He took a bite acting as if he was extremely flattered by all Kyungsoo’s sweet gestures. Maybe he shouldn’t have been that surprised since Kyungsoo had always surprised him anyway. He couldn’t help falling for Kyungsoo a bit more every single day. (“I feel like I’m going to have diabetes anytime soon,” Sehun s)

So when Kyungsoo got down on one knee and presented him his question and the most beautiful ring Chanyeol had ever seen, he said yes immediately. Apparently, he wouldn’t be Chanyeol if he didn’t make a mess out of one situation. Being too excited, he hugged his now fiancé a bit too hastily. His right knee bounced too high, hitting the table and shaking it so hard that the candles fell over.

It was complete chaos then. Chanyeol tried to use his dry suit to put out the fire but it didn’t work so he had to say goodbye to his favorite clothing. He was jumping and yelling all over the kitchen. (“ yeah, I remember that. You were ridiculous,”. “ In my defense, there was fire! “). Fortunately, Kyungsoo was faster by immediately putting the fire extinguisher into use.

The apartment was alright. A bit smelly from the smoke and they had to throw away their table. Everything was quite okay (according to Chanyeol). He had hugged Kyungsoo so hard that day. He was his savior after all. (“ I’m flattered but isn’t it too cringy?”. “Whaaat?” )

 

On their wedding day, Chanyeol was so nervous it hurts. It felt like having his job interview all over again. No, it was worse. He paced worriedly around his room. What if he did something silly? Again? Would Kyungsoo be so embarrassed that he call off the wedding immediately? What if Kyungsoo changed his mind? What if Kyungsoo realized that he didn’t want him afterall? What would he do by then?

“Calm down,” Sehun had calmly said from the corner of the room. He didn’t even look up from his phone. “ How could I?” Chanyeol proceeded to blabber nonsense Sehun had no interest in.

“It’s going to be okay. Even though I don’t know why my cousin wants to marry you, but I know that he loves you very much. Keep calm and  put on a smile,” Chanyeol did and Sehun said he looked constipated.

It was perfect at first. The music started to play and Chanyeol walked towards the altar where Kyungsoo dressed in white suit similarly with him stood with a smile on his lips. In his defense, it was the nerves and Kyungsoo’s perfection (“ugh”) that caused him to tripped over his own foot and fell off the altar. Everyone gasped and Kyungsoo widened his eyes. (“ somehow I expected it to happen” Kyungsoo says over his shoulder. “Hey! Don’t be mean!” Chanyeol whines). If it wasn’t for Kyungsoo who offered his hand just like the first time they officially met, he would have stayed on the ground until the ceremony finished. Luckily, he didn’t make any major mistakes after that. (“ You spilt your red wine on your white suit,” Kyungsoo points out. Chanyeol pouts.)

 

Chanyeol is a clumsy idiot but Kyungsoo loves him and that’s what matters.

 

“Hm.., I wonder if I agree with the last statement,” Kyungsoo furrows his eyebrows. “Shut up, you love me,” Chanyeol wraps his long arms around his husband into a headlock. “Argh, okay okay whatever,” Kyungsoo rubs his reddening neck. Chanyeol has the urge to snuggle up to the man. His long awkward body tries to fit under the brunet’s armpit and easily does so. Kyungsoo leans down to kiss him.

“Get a room!” Sehun throws a pillow at them and covers his eyes with another. The couple laughs at his antics and yeah, Chanyeol loves this, loves their home, loves their puppies, loves Sehun, loves their two-year marriage and most of all loves Kyungsoo. (..and Kyungsoo loves him too).