DON'T GO

LAVENDER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Irene didn’t know why but seeing the look on Wendy’s face made her heart hurt. She didn’t think as she ran after Wendy.

“Wendy-ah!”

Seulgi, Joy, and Yeri watched on confused.

“What just happened?” Joy asked.

“I wish I knew.” Seulgi says.

"Did Irene unnie just run after Wendy unnie?" Joy asks confused.

"She's never ran after me like that when we've fought. Not once." Seulgi muttered.

It clicks. Yeri realizes the situation. She smiles and looks at the still confused couple.

“Aigoo, you’re all so blind.” Yeri says as she shakes her head and leaves.

 

 

 

 

Wendy quickly gets to her car. She fumbles with her keys.

Irene runs after her. “Wendy-ah! Stop. Please. Listen to me.” Irene pleaded.

Irene reaches her just as she gets her car door open. Irene reaches out to stop her.

"Wendy...I didn't mean that. I..."

Wendy stops and turns around to face Irene. She puts on a smile. “Don’t worry. I’m okay.”

“But I…” Irene tried but Wendy’s phone rings and cuts her off.

Wendy picks up her phone. “Hello?”

“It’s finished. We put in everything that’s arrived so far. We’re just waiting to re-paint the walls and put in the furniture. Did you want to stop by and take a look?”

“Ah, yes. I’m on my way now. Thank you.”

“Not at all. It should all be finished next week. We’ll have the keys for you next Friday.” The person on the other line replies.

“Sounds good. Thanks guys.” Wendy said and hung up.

“What is it?” Irene asked with a soft quiet tone.

Wendy smiles and shrugs it off. “Just work. I have to go but don’t worry about earlier. I’m okay. Really. I am. I understand." She says and turns around to get in her car.

Irene takes a step forward to stop her. “Wendy-ah, I didn’t mean it. I was just mad. You know it’s not true.”

Wendy stops and looks at her. “Sometimes what we say isn’t real but sometimes what we really want to say is real.”

Hearing this made Irene think but her thoughts are cut short when Yeri catches up and hears them.

“And sometimes if you really don’t mean what you say then why do you say them?”

Irene turns around to see an angry Yeri staring at her.

“Yeri-ah…” Wendy said.

“Unnie, I want to go with you.” Yeri said and gets into the car not waiting for an answer.

Wendy gives Irene one last look. “Don’t stress over it. I understand. Get home safely.”

With that Wendy gets in and drives off with Yeri leaving Irene standing by the sidewalk lost in her thoughts.

Watching Wendy drive away made her feel guilty. Wendy has always been so kind and warm to her. How could she hurt Wendy like that?

“What did I do?” Irene asks herself.

 

 

 

 

In the car, Wendy drives silently as Yeri looks at her worriedly.

“Stop staring. It’s kind of creepy.” Wendy said breaking her thoughts.

“Unnie, are you sure you’re okay?”

Wendy chuckles. “Of course I am. Don’t worry about me squirtle. I’m used to it. Ever since we were teens, it’s how they’ve been. It’s nothing new.” Wendy said to reassure Yeri but she was still worried.

“Unnie, it’s okay not to be okay. You’re not made of steel.”

“Nor am I made of glass.” Wendy replied.

Yeri sighs. “Unnie, you’re too nice. If I wasn’t too young, I’d marry you.”

Hearing t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter