I CAN EXPLAIN

LAVENDER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Irene, Seulgi, and Wendy have been friends since they were in highschool. They were stuck together. They did everything together and went everywhere together.

However, as they grew up, Irene and Seulgi’s feelings went from friendly to love. They did everything together and went everywhere together.

Seeing their love blossom, Wendy stopped hanging out with them. She would find excuses to avoid being a third wheel.

As time went by, the two eventually stopped inviting Wendy and started doing things together.

Wendy distanced herself from the two and watched from a far happily. It was rare to even see Wendy with the two but whenever the two would get into an argument, Irene would end up running to Wendy.

Wendy would comfort her. She would make her laugh and smile and forget about why she was mad but after she would stop being mad, she would run back to Seulgi leaving Wendy all alone. She didn’t even thank her. She would just say “See you around” and never see her again.

It made Wendy sad but she continued to be there to lend a shoulder.

Now as grownups, Wendy has become a successful landscaper.

Irene and Seulgi are still together but they’ve been fighting a lot. They would fight over the smallest things.

It has become a routine for them to fight almost every day. They could never find a middle where they could meet.

Wendy couldn't do anything to help but she decided to let them handle it as adults and because they were a couple. She didn't want to interfere.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie, we’ve been together for the past 10 years and you’re still holding out on me? Why? Don’t you love me?” Seulgi asked.

“Seul-ah. You know I love you but I want to wait for the perfect time. Besides, we’ll be spending the rest of our lives together so what’s the hurry?” Irene said with a sweet voice.

Seulgi let out a huff of frustration and rolled off of Irene.

“Unnie, I’ve been waiting forever. I don’t want to wait anymore.”

“Seulgi-ah…”

"No. You do this all the time." Seulgi fumed. She brushes a hand through her hair.

"I just don't think it's the right time." Irene tried to reason with her.

"Then when is the right time? I mean, will there ever be a right time?"

"Seul, trust me." Irene said as she moved towards Seulgi.

Seulgi took a deep breath before turning around. As she did, she bumped into Irene desk. The impact knocked some things over including a small glass bottle.

The glass bottle wobbles for a few seconds before toppling over rolling towards the edge.

Irene gasp and quickly reaches for it before it falls which makes her push Seulgi to the side. She catches it and looks at it.

She lets out a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank goodness. It would've been a disaster if it broke."

Seulgi scoffs in disbelief. "I can't believe this. You pushed me away for that stupid glass bottle?"

Irene looks at her. "Uh, sorry Seul. I didn't mean it. I was just..."

"Trying to save that dumb bottle. I still don't know what's in it but obviously, it's worth more than me. I mean, why do you still have that anyway? I told you to throw it away and that I'd get you something better but no. What is it to you?"

Irene frowns. "Seulgi, I already told you. It's a special gift I got when I was little. I can't just throw it away."

"Why not? Does it remind you of someone else?" Seulgi probed.

Irene gasped in anger. "I can't believe you would accuse me of cheating on you. You know I've had no one else but you. How could you? Argh."

“You know what? I think I’m going to spend the night at Yerim’s.”

Seulgi said and walked towards the door.

“Why are you running away from this? You always do this. Everytime we fight, you run off.” Irene said.

"Because it's no use. Somedays I wonder if maybe it'd be better if we just weren't together because we're always fighting. Maybe we're not meant to be."

"How could you say that?"

"I can't do this." Seulgi said and walks out.

Irene follows her to the front door. "Don't go. Please?"

Seulgi stops and looks at Irene. She doesn’t answer. She grabs her coat and walk out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy was sitting on the couch. She was wearing round glasses as she read a book when suddenly, someone starts pounding on her door.

It didn’t stop so Wendy got up and went to the door to unlock it. As soon as she opens the door, a sobbing Irene rushes into her arms.

The impact knocks her a few steps backwards. Wendy pushes the door to close it.

Wendy already knew what happened as it has been a routine for the two since forever.

“You do know that this is my favorite shirt and you’re getting snot all over it right?” Wendy said.

Irene pulled back and glared at her through her puffy red eyes. “You’re so mean.”

Wendy doesn’t say anything. She smiles at the pouting girl and points her towar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter