final

It was love

 

It was love

oneshot

 


 

We did not say goodbye because we both knew we would see each other again one day. When and where? We didn't know back then. 

Then came the day I came back to Seoul, the first Friday of  December. I still remember how anxious I was. A lot of questions were trotting in my mind. What if I see him? Will he recognized me ? How will he feel? Does he still feel the same? And do I too? 

The first thing I did , and of course after my family, was to call my best friend. We planned to meet each other for lunch at a new restaurant, that must have opened when I was abroad because I've never seen it before though. 

Feeling a bit lost, I asked a girl, who seemed to be around my age, the way to the restaurant and as if by chance, she said she was going there too. We talked together while walking and I was right, we are the same age. She told me she has a date and so did I. 

When we arrived at our wanted destination, we entered the restaurant at the same time but went to opposite directions. 

I sat at a table for two, waiting. Then my eyes laid on a couple, I could recognize the profile face of the girl who was walking beside me about five minutes ago. I was unconsciously staring deeply at them, it's cute to see how happy she looks, I kinda envy her, I thought. But, I don't know why her boyfriend reminded me of someone... I started to inspect his face features.

Could you tell me, was it real or was it all in my head? My heart ached a bit as he turned his face when his new girlfriend, I guess, stood up to go to the restroom. Thoses piercing eyes, this nose, theses pink lips, it was him. 

I was starring at him for minutes, my eyes couldn't take off from him. He has not really changed, but he somehow looks manlier and more mature. 

"Hey."

My eyes finally moved when the noise of a pulled chair drew my attention, Seulgi was finally here. Should I tell her he is also here? I was wondering. Does she know about him having a new girlfriend? If so, why didn't she tell me about it? I was a bit sad but tried to stay positive, maybe I was mistaking him with a random guy.

***

We took our commands and waited for the food to come. Seulgi was on her phone whereas I couldn't help but to look at him. And at this moment, I was sure at 100%, ready to swear to death, that it was him.

Theses eyes, theses beautiful eyes that used to look at me in a way that made butterflies in my stomach are now looking at another's eyes in the same way.

Theses lips, theses pink lips that were kissing me in such a gentle way are now kissing another's lips

Theses hands, theses large hands that used to hold my tiny ones are now holding another's hands

And finally, this heart, this warm heart that loved me from the bottom, is now loving someone else. 

 

When the food finally came, I remembered myself that if I was here, it was for Seulgi. I shook my head trying to prevent myself from thinking about him even more but then 

We started to eat and talked about how we were doing for the past years, I felt very happy talking with her, even if I saw her the previous year, it was like I haven't seen her for years. She told me how the graduation ceremony went and how our friends missed and thought about me. I felt very sad not attending the ceremony... She then showed me a photo of them holding a frame where a pic of me was in. I remembered this photo, she sent it to me the same day. I also remembered how much I cried looking at it, so many memories... 

"I know." She suddenly stood up, "We should go to the shop we were always going to!" Since we're 8th grades, Seulgi and I used to meet up and eat together before going to a shop that was near our middle school, I was surprised to know it was still opened. I strongly approve. She was walking towards the checkout to pay when I stopped her "Did you forget?" I shook my hand in front of her eyes, we were always deciding who was going to pay with a 'rock, paper, scissors' 

***

"I'm going to wait you outside" I chuckle as she said it sticking out her tongue. I watched her leaving the restaurant while I was taking out my purse with a bitter feeling, I should have say nothing, huh.

After I paid, I walked to the exit and my hand was about to reach the door handle, but I stopped. After a few minutes not moving, I decided to face him from where I was and took the courage to speak.

"Sehun" He was first searching where the voice was coming from when our eyes met. I was like time stopped. I could see on his face how surprise he was. I could even say that he was a bit sad by the looks of his eyes. 

I smiled and put my hand on the handle "Goodbye." I left the restaurant and headed towards Seulgi with a big smile on my face and without turning back. 

I don't really know why but I felt happy. Even if we are not together anymore, I just need to know that you won’t forget about me and keep a place for me in you're heart like I will always do. 

I guess that how I realized we both moved on. 

 

END

 

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I was reading some of my old stories that I've never posted and thought this one was pretty nice (I guess). So I wanted to write the end quickly and post it. I hope you liked it and don't forget to let me know your thoughts about it by letting a comment below. Thank you and have a nice day!